Comments

• D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    J.J._Evans wrote: »
    chiyosuke wrote: »
    Lupe's thoughts on the album

IhDZrmk.png

This is close to what a lot of posters here have thought.

The biggest complaint, from those that like the album, has been that it's too much jazz (and spoken word). Also, the word "cluttered" is a good description for the beat changing in songs like 'U'.

I like the clutterness of the album... It keeps ? fresh... production these days are too basic...
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    judahxulu wrote: »
    Like Water wrote: »
    Lot of yall ? riding too. *pause*

I keep seeing this phrase repeated in the internet world. It seems to be used as often as "hater". Am I to understand that if someone genuinely likes something, and can give relatively objective reasons as to why they like it, they're still "? riding"? And would it be safe to assume that being a "hater" works in the same fashion? Albeit at the other end of the spectrum? Interesting perspective.

Or is this simply a case of people being contrarians for the sake of being contrarians? While I do agree that there are those people that will force themselves to like something simply because it comes from their favorite entertainer, which would be "? riding", having opinions that occasionally fall in line with the status quo doesn't necessarily mean you're a stan.

A lot of y'all making these "? rider/hater" accusations need to brush up on your comprehension skills. They're severely lacking if you can't discern the differences in rudimentary topics.

Hypocritical muthafucka. So its ok if you like the ? to keep repeating and extrapolating on how much you like it, but if you dont you just gotta keep it brief and move the ? on huh? ? ? baby logic....

well the former actually makes sense.
    the latter doesn't to me. I don't put much energy into what I don't like. so if an album drop and I don't like it, I may enter the thread, give my opinion and that's that

but you're one of the active participants in this thread and you don't even like the album. just seems backwards
  • J.J._Evans
    J.J._Evans Members Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No bonus tracks?

giphy.gif

The night that the album dropped, I predicted that a surprise part 2 (12 Homies at the White House?) to this album would eventually drop. At the very least, I can see him adding 4 bonus tracks to the album.
  • judahxulu
    judahxulu Members Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I keep seeing this phrase repeated in the internet world. It seems to be used as often as "hater". Am I to understand that if someone genuinely likes something, and can give relatively objective reasons as to why they like it, they're still "? riding"? And would it be safe to assume that being a "hater" works in the same fashion? Albeit at the other end of the spectrum? Interesting perspective.

Or is this simply a case of people being contrarians for the sake of being contrarians? While I do agree that there are those people that will force themselves to like something simply because it comes from their favorite entertainer, which would be "? riding", having opinions that occasionally fall in line with the status quo doesn't necessarily mean you're a stan.

A lot of y'all making these "? rider/hater" accusations need to brush up on your comprehension skills. They're severely lacking if you can't discern the differences in rudimentary topics.

Hypocritical muthafucka. So its ok if you like the ? to keep repeating and extrapolating on how much you like it, but if you dont you just gotta keep it brief and move the ? on huh? ? ? baby logic....

the latter doesn't to me. I don't put much energy into what I don't like. so if an album drop and I don't like it, I may enter the thread, give my opinion and that's that

but you're one of the active participants in this thread and you don't even like the album. just seems backwards
    How does it seem backwards? Its a thread for opinions about the album whether good or bad- not specifically labelled and categorized as a dickrider thread. And again lets count the actual number of posts I made in here. Its not even ? significant. ? ass ? are blowing ? out of proportion simply because I dont share the same damn opinion. Moreover, I WANTED THE ? to be good. Im ? dissapointed. I liked the songs the kid was putting out here and there after GKMC and was ? let down by the actual album. By me putting it out there and challenging a muthafucka to think different or reiterate the stance they maintain about it I learn more about people for one, and for 2 whenever Im in the mood to try to give it a listen again Ima look for what muthafuckas said about it in the positive. Im a fair balanced dude. I just dont ? like it and I dont think I should have to censor myself on a ? discussion board cause I aint on no bandwagon. Its not like Im trolling not explaining why I say what I say. A ? can dialogue or ? ignore me. But I aint on here doing ? wrong or backwards, my ? .
  • Trillaaaaaa
    Trillaaaaaa Members Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@metal face terrorist

Seems like a ? rider's heart was touched

How bout instead of ? -rider I say ? -gobbler?
  • bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i'm going to check this album out tonight, but i have a feeling i'm going to be disappointed

been a busy week, wish i had it already
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

How does it seem backwards? Its a thread for opinions about the album whether good or bad- not specifically labelled and categorized as a dickrider thread. And again lets count the actual number of posts I made in here. Its not even ? significant. ? ass ? are blowing ? out of proportion simply because I dont share the same damn opinion. Moreover, I WANTED THE ? to be good. Im ? dissapointed. I liked the songs the kid was putting out here and there after GKMC and was ? let down by the actual album. By me putting it out there and challenging a muthafucka to think different or reiterate the stance they maintain about it I learn more about people for one, and for 2 whenever Im in the mood to try to give it a listen again Ima look for what muthafuckas said about it in the positive. Im a fair balanced dude. I just dont ? like it and I dont think I should have to censor myself on a ? discussion board cause I aint on no bandwagon. Its not like Im trolling not explaining why I say what I say. A ? can dialogue or ? ignore me. But I aint on here doing ? wrong or backwards, my ? .

you ? obsession with using the term ? rider to describe actual fans is disturbing. I explained this earlier. not every fan is a ? rider. not every critic is a hater

truth is there is exaggerations on both sides but generally, this thread is filled with fans. fans of Kendrick. fans of this album. there's no dickriders. no bandwagon ? . we're fans. we must be wired differently, cuz I don't put much energy and thought into what I dont like. doing so is backwards to me

you're disappointed in the album. we get it. so why are you still here labeling ? whose opinion differs from yours? and under your logic what makes you different from the ? you're attacking?
  • judahxulu
    Options

you ? obsession with using the term ? rider to describe actual fans is disturbing. I explained this earlier. not every fan is a ? rider. not every critic is a hater

truth is there is exaggerations on both sides but generally, this thread is filled with fans. fans of Kendrick. fans of this album. there's no dickriders. no bandwagon ? . we're fans. we must be wired differently, cuz I don't put much energy and thought into what I dont like. doing so is backwards to me

you're disappointed in the album. we get it. so why are you still here labeling ? whose opinion differs from yours? and under your logic what makes you different from the ? you're attacking?

If you look back on the thread its the fans that started labelling muthafuckas who dont like it first i.e. "? who dont like this like the Migos" "? who dont like this arent black" " ? who dont like it arent as smart or refined as ? that do"...all that ? came from fans out the ? gate. And again..Im not putting A LOT of thought or energy into it so I wish you would quit that silly exaggerating ? . The only reason I put effort into speaking on it at all is because there is previous kendrick ? that I like as well as ? that I dont. The energy expended is because I like music and I have my own website. The results of this is going to end up as blogs on my own website and possible video content all in the name of getting adword money.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Judah has more posts in here then I do lol
  • nj2089
    nj2089 Members Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Same ? different day
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

, having opinions that occasionally fall in line with the status quo doesn't necessarily mean you're a stan.

although i feel there has been a tad bit of dickriding on both kendrick albums, bolded is a great point.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If you look back on the thread its the fans that started labelling muthafuckas who dont like it first i.e. "? who dont like this like the Migos" "? who dont like this arent black" " ? who dont like it arent as smart or refined as ? that do"...all that ? came from fans out the ? gate. .

well damn
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I skip right over both yalls long as paragraphs.
  • G.Avant
    G.Avant Members, Writer Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DJ Clue said this album put him to sleep

DJ Clue narcoleptic
  • bkzlostchild
    bkzlostchild Members Posts: 651 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? where you when I was walkin'? / Now I run the game got the whole world talkin', King Kunta / Everybody wanna cut the legs off him, Kunta /
    Black man taking no losses,

OH YEA!
  • YoungChamp
    YoungChamp Members Posts: 298 ✭✭
    Options
    Dope album. Love the jazz, funk, and spoken word themes throughout. Kendrick, literally made an album for himself about his world. There is no commercial singles on this album. The whole body of work must be played to understand it all. Some people might not have the attention span to listen all the way through but in my opinion it's better than gkmc sonically, subject matter is so much deeper on this record. I don't skip any of the tracks and every beat is on point. Soundwave and terrace Martin might become my new favorite producers even though they ain't new to the scene. Just the whole vibe of the album is refreshing. More neo soul than hip hop at least to me.
  • G.Avant
    G.Avant Members, Writer Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    N disrespect to others opinions, but I know for a fact that a lot of yall in here "hating" on the album now are gonna convert once yall get time to really digest it. I can tell from how a lot of yall talking yall aint grasp a lot. I may go in heavy and detailed on why the album is fire to me later, but I don't feel like it right now.
  • KamPushMe
    KamPushMe Members Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beautiful album
  • Trillaaaaaa
    Trillaaaaaa Members Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    G.Avant wrote: »
    N disrespect to others opinions, but I know for a fact that a lot of yall in here "hating" on the album now are gonna convert once yall get time to really digest it. I can tell from how a lot of yall talking yall aint grasp a lot. I may go in heavy and detailed on why the album is fire to me later, but I don't feel like it right now.

@ the bolded, since I wasn't getting the hype behind this album, I turned off all distractions and listened to the entire thing with no interruptions or distractions. I wanted to give it an objective listen and try not to compare it to S.80 or GKMC. I got a chance to take in the lyrics and the overall theme

I still don't think this album is that great. My mind changes a lot though so you never know. I don't dislike the album, it just has no replay value to me. I appreciate the pointt and message K Dot was tryna get across but ? sound forced, contrived and pretentious at the end of the day

Maybe it's gotta marinate for a while but I'm not feelin all tingly inside like yall are.
  • metal face terrorist
    metal face terrorist Members Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol, yall ? funny.
  • judahxulu
    edited March 2015
    Options
    And before you know it, Ill be gone in the wind again like Kaiser Sosay for another few months living real life and doing this HoodX ? , all over TV and ripping up venues in the same damn city you in while you adding on to your allready monstrous 22,000 + post count. I probably wont break 4000 before 2016. You add it up.... Now go tune into channel 19 on Xfinity and see how Im putting muthafuckas on as a result of hugging my own nuts while you remain nothing but a fan and a spectator hugging the next mans nuts, joe.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options