Post your controversial/unpopular hip hop opinions in this thread

Options

Comments

• power_wisdom
    power_wisdom Members Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Say What wrote: »
    C Murder shot a 16 year old not thug. He was rich by then that was dumb.
    Gucci shot people in self defense but generally looks like a ?
    Selling drugs is not thug. He shot his brother. Scary ? closed his eyes and shot someone that wasn't going to shoot him back nor tell the police on him.

C Murder also pulled out on juvenile
    had him shook. Therr are dudes who wouldn't bust back no matter what. Not everybody going to defend their selves. But Pac defend a stranger and put his life on the line. That says he got heart. So if he called himself a thug. ? he a super thug. Cause I know a lot of thugs that never shot no body.
  • flacofitz
    flacofitz Members Posts: 358 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I prefer nas making bangers

There's a gang of cats doing it just as good as the old ?
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MBDTF is pretty good, but has skippables and is overrated(same can be said for GKMC imo)

Graduation is much better and is a personal classic
  • flacofitz
    flacofitz Members Posts: 358 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Carter 1 has aged poorly

Purp tape wasn't the best wu solo
  • just.might.b.ok
    just.might.b.ok Members Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Gucci mane is has always been and will always be wack as ? , and people that ? with him only do it because "it bumps in the whip" wich most likely translates to "My parents are cousins and im mentally ? so i enjoy this dude's music"
    In contrast, Flockaveli is one of the best albums i've heard in a long ass time.

so basically with that statement ur admitting that if gucci mane fans parents are cousins, your parents are brother and sister and u suffer from a much more severe case of mental retardation.

either that or ? just like what they like.

Come to unpopular opinion thread to catch feelings about unpopular opinion
    You need to go to the nearest hospital and ask them to run a few tests on you, cause you're pants on head ? .
  • no2fuks
    no2fuks Members Posts: 503 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    gucci mane is the trap ? everybody poppin in atl is connected to him in some kind of way.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    Gucci mane is has always been and will always be wack as ? , and people that ? with him only do it because "it bumps in the whip" wich most likely translates to "My parents are cousins and im mentally ? so i enjoy this dude's music"
    In contrast, Flockaveli is one of the best albums i've heard in a long ass time.

so basically with that statement ur admitting that if gucci mane fans parents are cousins, your parents are brother and sister and u suffer from a much more severe case of mental retardation.

either that or ? just like what they like.

Come to unpopular opinion thread to catch feelings about unpopular opinion
    You need to go to the nearest hospital and ask them to run a few tests on you, cause you're pants on head ? .

heres another unpopular opinion

When ? ? cant make a proper rebuttal to a post with no obvious sign of emotion or feelings their response is

"you caught feelings"
  • Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @ear2dast you too dumb to even understand what feelings are. let's be real
  • onthafly
    onthafly Members Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    housemouse wrote: »
    Wayne outrapped Jay on Mr. Carter

gene-beat-down-o.gif

You must not have heard that wack ? Jay was spittin on Mr. Carter. He had a garbage ass flow and he's been rappin with that garbage ass flow all too often lately.
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MBDTF is pretty good, but has skippables and is overrated(same can be said for GKMC imo)

Graduation is much better and is a personal classic

I don't know whether to cosign or nosign this.
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I dig my 80s n 90s catalog but the new breed gets love too.

I feel this way being an 80s baby.

But outta the new rap ? of this generation. .. based on body of music and impact

king_kendrick_lamar_by_gman918-d5ry6wv.png
  • Antwuan89
    Antwuan89 Members Posts: 936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    While he's a legend and top 5 of all time, 2pac is the most overrated rapper ever.
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Good Kid m.A.A.d City was great but slightly overrated and Mic Tyson was the best album of 2012.

Only Built 4 Cuban Linx skits have not aged well, are boring, mixed and mastered like ? , and vastly inferior to the skits from Liquid Swords and Supreme Clientele.

Hard Knock Life Vol 2 is Jay's worst album.

Mos Def should be on any "Most Wasted Potential" list next to DMX and Canibus, shoulda been the GOAT.

Capital Punishment was a classic album but these Latino ? that try to act like its on Ready to Die's level are ? delusional.

Run the Jewels 2 was great but slightly overrated and Pinata was the best album of 2014. I don't even think RTJ has peaked btw, I think they're gonna give us like 4 more classic LPs and everyone's basically gonna forget these guys used to have solo careers lol.

Joey Badass is dope but his whole style is a copy of Capital Steez, who was a far superior MC in just about every way.

College Dropout was great but slightly overrated and Madvillainy was the best album of 2004.

Deeply ingrained sexism in black and hip-hop culture is the biggest roadblock for Female rappers. Nicki would be just another struggling Femcee without her ass implants.

? don't like To ? A Butterfly because they've been brainwashed by the White corporate power structure to like simple ignorant ? .

Food & Liquor was overrated and inferior to its leaked advance version, Mood Muzik 2 was the best album of 2006.

Beanie Sigel - Public Enemy #1 is the GOAT mixtape
  • no2fuks
    no2fuks Members Posts: 503 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dark Sky Paradise gets my vote for the best album right now (yeah I said it).
    Kendrick's ? makes me sick I hate this type of music.
    Youre gonna have to pay me to listen to J Cole's boring ass .
    Drake's mixtape/album goes and this aint even the main course.
    Future is holding it down dropping dropping dope mixtapes like its nothing

I thought this was the popular opinion of most hiphop heads but ill community rather listen to these joey badass, action Bronson, lupe type ? .
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    a bee wrote: »
    Dark Sky Paradise gets my vote for the best album right now (yeah I said it).
    Kendrick's ? makes me sick I hate this type of music.
    Youre gonna have to pay me to listen to J Cole's boring ass .
    Drake's mixtape/album goes and this aint even the main course.
    Future is holding it down dropping dropping dope mixtapes like its nothing

I thought this was the popular opinion of most hiphop heads but ill community rather listen to these joey badass, action Bronson, lupe type ? .

I almost flagged but this thread gave you immunity
  • Listencloser
    Listencloser Members Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "The dumb are mostly intrigued by the drum.."

That quote is absolutely terrible

It most certainly is not. He never said you are dumb for being intrigued by it. He's saying the dumb can't see past it.
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    Options
    "Lemonade was a popular drink and it still is" what a ? wack ass line
  • KneeGro_DuperMan
    KneeGro_DuperMan Members Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ASAP Rocky is another ? that was always wack. Sorry, I just don't hear it.
  • R2_163
    R2_163 Members Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    that intro song to tpab is striaght ? . one of the worse intros I heard this year
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Kanye 2011-2015 isn't even Top 10
  • KneeGro_DuperMan
    KneeGro_DuperMan Members Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Options
    S.U.C. & K_k- are Houston rap culture right now!