• L.O.S.T.
    L.O.S.T. Members Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kendrick krit drake cole wale

Sean
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this just my ranking, its goat to woat but none of em really anywhere close to woat

Krit>Drake>>K. Dot>Wale>>>>>Sean>>>>J. Cole

thats overall, not just bar for bar.
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dot > Cole > Krit > Wale > Drake > Sean
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    This is based on who I prefer from most to least.

1. J Cole
    2. Kendrick Lamar
    3. Big K.R.I.T
    4. Drake
    5. Wale'
    6. Big Sean

• gum989
    gum989 Members Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Go ahead everybody. Keep hatin' on Sean Don.
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Options
    K.dot>>Drake>>Asap Rocky>> J.Cole>>Wale>>Krit>> Sean
  • 32DaysOfInfiniti
    32DaysOfInfiniti Members Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Do real hip hop heads really like Drake? Yall got to be playin

I dont know if yall be hearing the funny voices that ? rap in, but i dont see how yall can hate Iggy but put Drake in any top 5 list, they are literally the same person. Foreign ass ? who tripped into black culture and were propped up by hella suspect yet respected southern MCs.

I dont know how anyone can listen to a whole Drake song without stopping asking "what kind of ? ass ? relates to this ? ass ? ?" This myth of tough guy Drake on the same level as sugar plum fairies and white jesus.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Options
    drake is very easy to make fun of outside of music but u full of ? if u think that ? aint at least almost decent at rap. i get that some of us cant relate to having problems with women or coming up in ur mid 20's or even stuntin on ? but come on. funny voices? really bruh?

and yall ? cant even explain fake hip hop so ? the "real hip hop" head ?
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wale over sean
  • illestni99ainne
    illestni99ainne Members Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    K Dot
    Krit
    Cole
    Drake
    Wale
    Sean
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Never understood the idea that Kendrick is somehow on some higher level than his peers. He's not doing anything that Cole and Krit can't. Krit and Cole both have songs concepts and lyrics as powerful as K Dot.

Kendricks discography is stronger as of right now. He's 2 for 2 and arguably has a classic, whereas Cole and Krit have dropped some great albums but also some albums that fail to show their full potential. That's if were only counting official albums. If we count mixtapes/free albums then Kendrick really doesn't have anything on them. (Joey Bada$$ also dropped a better debut than Cole and Krit but that's his only album so it's kinda too soon for him to be in this convo).

anyway, in order of who's music I play and enjoy the most:

Krit/Cole>Kendrick>Wale>Sean> Drake

Krit/Cole/Kendrick are really about even to me and could be any order. But I couldn't put K.dot ahead of them because I keep playing classic Krit & Cole tapes forever. GKMC is classic but I don't go back and bump it often like I do Cole and Krit for some reason. Kendricks music has miles to go before it catches up with the replay I've gotten from Cole and Krits best material. To ? A Butterfly will help...

I still ? with Wales mixtapes and a few songs per album.

I listen to less Drake than I do Sean, which is not a lot, so i guess that puts Drake at the bottom(now we here?). If the beat is fire as it sometimes is Drake might trick me into bobbing my head to a song or two but generally I have no interest in this guy.
  • MontyM.Max
    MontyM.Max Members Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cole
    Kendrick
    Drake
    Wale
    Krit

Rocky

Wiz

Sean
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Krit is my favorite artist of them all but i gotta admit Kendrick is thebest MC

1. Kendrick
    2. Krit
    3. Cole

I saw wale open for cole, wasn't impressed. I do have 2 wale tracks in my library. Never checked his mixtapes tho and i hear they better than his albums

Drakes act is tired. I tried to follow his career bur lost interest when i bought Take Care. I streamed his new mixtape/album and hated it

Don't like big Sean. I Spotified his debut when it dropped and had no desire to ever check for him again
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BobOblah wrote: »
    Never understood the idea that Kendrick is somehow on some higher level than his peers. He's not doing anything that Cole and Krit can't. Krit and Cole both have songs concepts and lyrics as powerful as K Dot.

Kendricks discography is stronger as of right now. He's 2 for 2 and arguably has a classic, whereas Cole and Krit have dropped some great albums but also some albums that fail to show their full potential. That's if were only counting official albums. If we count mixtapes/free albums then Kendrick really doesn't have anything on them. (Joey Bada$$ also dropped a better debut than Cole and Krit but that's his only album so it's kinda too soon for him to be in this convo).

anyway, in order of who's music I play and enjoy the most:

Krit/Cole>Kendrick>Wale>Sean> Drake

Krit/Cole/Kendrick are really about even to me and could be any order. But I couldn't put K.dot ahead of them because I keep playing classic Krit & Cole tapes forever. GKMC is classic but I don't go back and bump it often like I do Cole and Krit for some reason. Kendricks music has miles to go before it catches up with the replay I've gotten from Cole and Krits best material. To ? A Butterfly will help...

I still ? with Wales mixtapes and a few songs per album.

I listen to less Drake than I do Sean, which is not a lot, so i guess that puts Drake at the bottom(now we here?). If the beat is fire as it sometimes is Drake might trick me into bobbing my head to a song or two but generally I have no interest in this guy.

This. It doesnt make any sense to me but ppl run with the narrative that Kendrick is a million miles ahead of his peers and idk where this comes from.

But I have them
    1a. Cole
    1b. Kendrick
    3.Wale
    4.Krit
    5. Drake
    There is no Big Sean he's not even remotely as talented as any of these guys.
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    kendrick
    Cole
    wale
    krit

Drake(Cant get into his music at all)
    and sean is just ? trash