Agree or Disagree: Still Waiting: 15 Veteran Rappers Who Never Dropped A Classic Album

Options

Comments

• eternal soldier
    eternal soldier Members Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GetoBoy wrote: »
    Twista
    ?
    Budden (If we include mixtapes)
    Weezy
    Luda

All have a classic album

Cam has a debatable classic too

What classic do luda got???

Haven't went through the full thread but I'm willing to say Word Of Mouf and he came very close with Theater of the mind
  • a-grave247
    a-grave247 Members Posts: 780 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Inspectah Deck-All those classic verses 'Above The Clouds' with Gangstarr,'Triumph', 'Tres Leches' with Pun and Prodigy I could go on for days...and he still hasn't had a classic album. 'uncontrolled Substance' was good, but far from a classic.

Canibus is an obvious one. 'Rip The Jacket' could be called a classic though
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    Method Man and Busta Rhymes have classics. The problem with this is not IF they had classics or not it's the definition of what a classic is. Because UGK has classics but it might not be universally hailed as such. Most people identify a classic by the impact an album had as opposed to the quality of music and what it brought to the game musically and creatively. The Clipse have classic albums but I think if the journalist is saying Pusha don't it's because he identifies a classic by impact. Reasonable Doubt didn't have much of an impact over Hip-Hop but musically it's an amazing piece of work and people don't dispute if it's a classic.

so if thats the case i guess MC Hammer and Vanilla Ice got classics too..... cos they definitely impacted the game with sales
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    Adrenaline rush is classic as is purple haze trap music busta got 2 classics
    fraudulent list

giphy.gif

busta got 2 classics?? purple haze?? .... TWISTA?? lmaoooooooooooooooooo
  • bignorm
    bignorm Members Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Where's Eminem on this list?
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    Options
    jvlioo wrote: »
    So.....Wayne didn't make Carter 1 & 2? They not classics?

NOPE.
  • MrCrookedLetter
    MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Drake's name should be on the list

It says Vet rappers, Drake is no vet
  • tompetrez3
    tompetrez3 Members Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    matter fact kendrick was biting method man on that SNL performance with the ? up hair, bug eyes and crazy looks

Method+Man+method_man04-624x600.jpg

methmad_1280.jpg

bvlz2ajcjnkjycmjjynj.jpg

Whatever the ? TDE think they doing the Wu been done that ? better a quarter century ago.
  • MrCrookedLetter
    MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dumb ? , he was paying homage to Method Man during that performance
  • tompetrez3
    tompetrez3 Members Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

? dont need his homage. Kendrick ? not even dope enough to be mentioned with any Wu project. Name all the Fabs and Jadas yall want but dont implicate any Wu ? in the no classics talk cause the wu is the reason why ? like Kendrick even have an outlet to rap
  • nj2089
    nj2089 Members Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    tompetrez3 wrote: »

? dont need his homage. Kendrick ? not even dope enough to be mentioned with any Wu project. Name all the Fabs and Jadas yall want but dont implicate any Wu ? in the no classics talk cause the wu is the reason why ? like Kendrick even have an outlet to rap

Lol
  • EyeofAsaru
    EyeofAsaru Members Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They have cult classics..not universal classics

Word of mouth
    ELE
    Tical
    Www.thug.com
    Kiss of death
    Jealous ones envy
    Purple haze
    Adrenaline rush

Are personal classics to me..but they aren't universally accepted classics like illmatic or paid in full
  • EyeofAsaru
    Options
    Classic to me is something old that still has replay value in the present day

So you're telling me that none of the albums those artists dropped are still being played to this day?

ELE still sounds incredible to this day
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    Lol t/s and his use of gifs.
  • R2_163
    R2_163 Members Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ?...tpab is a classic album now?
  • EyeofAsaru
    Options
    That list is garbage... The term "classic' is so subjective it ain't even funny

I love illmatic yet I've heard some ppl say its boring and they think IWW is better..people like what they like..
  • rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Busta should not be on here neither should twista. I'm ok with everybody else though
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    About half that list has a classic

Lmfaoo right!!! T/s list is trash and feelsfull.
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? 's the all time "better as a feature artist" king and his real classic was destroyed in RZA's studio flood smh. RZA had to rush to remake Tical and it shows. It was the first Wu solo and yeah we all love Bring the Pain but nobody in their right mind rates it better than the 95 Wu albums for a reason.

Luda is basically the epitome of what this list is really supposed to be about. Great singles, good to very good albums, but....nah. Theater of the Mind is as close as he's gotten imho.

Fabolous....no love for Soul Tape? Nah? I always thought Fab's problem was more that he doesn't seem to want to leave his punchline comfort zone and do concept songs etc.

I thought David Banner was just a producer now lol.

I liked Trick Daddy back in the day but LOL why is he on this list.

Wikipedia just informed me that Skillz did a album with Bink! last year apparently???

Hell Hath No Fury, Extinction Level Event, Carter 1 & 2, Teflon Don, Rich Forever, Purple Haze, all classics. I guess ? done forgot about Jealous Ones Envy after a decade plus of Joe shamelessly pandering to every Pop Rap radio trend. This ? was going back on forth with KRS on the intro for christ's sake lol.

Mood Muzik 2 >>>>>>>> any hip-hop album from 2006 that doesn't have "Donuts" in the title
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    Options
    Fat Joe has a "classic" now? Mood Muzik is classic??Lmaooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Man ? it ...I'm not even using that word no more ...? is ? ...it's done ...looking at some of the ? you ? consider on that level ..it don't even matter or hold weight ...lol..gotta come up with a new term for highly regarded projects at this point

Smmfh.....fat joe got a damn classic ...smmfh ...the ? is going on out this ?