Reasonable Doubt vs The Blueprint.. which album is the better album?..

Options
124»

Comments

• JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    These albums are really indistinguishable ...? overdoing it ..trying too hard to separate the quality of the two records ...like how the ? can you listen to "never change" and not get the influence the vibe the essence of "can I live" ...they're based out of the same inspiration or "can't knock the hustle" and "heart of the city" like listen to what those two songs are about ..the themes used ..it's the same ? ...lol ....and you can go on and on with those types of comparisons all throughout both records ... The foundation of both albums are based out of looped soul samples so your not going to sit here and try to tell me how ones production is so much superior than the other..lol ...like ? what the ? are you talking about ITS A SOUL SAMPLE you ain't comparing some acid jazz record to a ? folk album ...the same ? is rapping ...he's telling similar stories on both projects ...their both well constructed their both very personal and show vulnerability..it's literally a pick em ...but as usual ? gotta go unnecessarily OD and try to ? on one project just to prop the other one up
  • macadonwoo
    macadonwoo Members Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Reasonable Doubt.
    Jay self admittedly dumbed himself down for the masses after RD
  • mr.october
    mr.october Members Posts: 340 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Reasonable Doubt.
    mr.october wrote: »
    RD was a hidden gem to most in the 90's but aged into a classic. Blueprint was the 1st jay lp that made a huge impact on the game. I voted 4 rd cuz I've loved that lp since I was 10 when my uncle n cousins were hustling n bumping that n a few other mafioso lp's from that era. But blueprint and black album made jay into the star he is today.
    Nope, The huge impact came from > Vol. 2... Hard Knock Life (1998)
    RD was a hidden gem to most in the 90's but aged into a classic. Blueprint was the 1st jay lp that made a huge impact on the game. I voted 4 rd cuz I've loved that lp since I was 10 when my uncle n cousins were hustling n bumping that n a few other mafioso lp's from that era. But blueprint and black album made jay into the star he is today.

First to make an impact? Volume 2 says hi

Vol 2 didn't change the game in favor of Jay. Vol 2 didn't have everyone making Kanye n just blaze type beats.
    I know it's his biggest lp as far as sales. But why r we debating Rd n BP if it made such an impact? ? DMX was that ? at the time in 98. Y'all remember that or just me? Big pimping did almost as good as hard knock life on the charts. What more impact did he make? Is Vol 2 revered universally as a classic now?

"Everybody looping up soul/it's like they trying to make the blueprint 2 before hov" the bounce bp2 2002

These were facts at the time. "Kanye shrug"
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Blueprint.
    Easy
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    S2J wrote: »
    I stopped tryin to decide years ago.

• 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    S2J wrote: »
    I stopped tryin to decide years ago.

• raheemclassick
    raheemclassick Members Posts: 461 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    tompetrez3 wrote: »
    Everytime I listen to RD that ? make me sleepy and agitated.What kind of mindstate do you have to be to vibe with RD?
    Reasonable Doubt is like A class being taught on Word Play, Flow Techniques, Songs about Actual Life Experiences, etc....Those of us who was actually running the streets know this is A Masterpiece, so when its playing the vibe comes naturally. Anytime A person feels sleepy or tired when in the company of R.D. (Artist Jay-Z Intellect & Confidence) only means that you are Slow & Lazy. If A person becomes Agitated while listening to RD only illustrates hatred for the truth"
  • KneeGro_DuperMan
    KneeGro_DuperMan Members Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Reasonable Doubt.
    Every Track Fire
  • EmM HoLLa.
    EmM HoLLa. Members Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Reasonable Doubt.
    "I gave you prophecy on my first joint and y'all all lamed out..
    Didn't really appreiciate it.. Til the second one came out..."

My fav Jay album is Vol. 2 Hard Knock Life.. But between the 2 in the poll give me Reasonable Doubt... Cuz feelin it' is one of Jay's best songs ever..
  • conspiracycarl
    conspiracycarl Members Posts: 21
    Options
  • raheemclassick
    raheemclassick Members Posts: 461 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

First to make an impact? Volume 2 says hi

Vol 2 didn't change the game in favor of Jay. Vol 2 didn't have everyone making Kanye n just blaze type beats.
    I know it's his biggest lp as far as sales. But why r we debating Rd n BP if it made such an impact? ? DMX was that ? at the time in 98. Y'all remember that or just me? Big pimping did almost as good as hard knock life on the charts. What more impact did he make? Is Vol 2 revered universally as a classic now?

"Everybody looping up soul/it's like they trying to make the blueprint 2 before Hov" the bounce bp2 2002

These were facts at the time. "Kanye shrug"[/quote]Hard Knock Life World Tour (WoW!)
    Hard Knock Life (Ghetto Anthem)" < Speaks for it self ? What, ? Who (Originator 99)" (featuring Amil & Big Jaz) Ft the newbie & the journeymen"
    Money, Cash, Hoes" (featuring DMX) Ft the other baddest hip hop act @ that time"
    Can I Get A..." (featuring Amil & Ja Rule) Ft the newbie & the major birth of Ja Rule
    Reservoir Dogs" (featuring The LOX, Beanie Sigel & Sauce Money) Ft The hardest street group & the beginning of Sigel
    Money Ain't a Thang" (featuring Jermaine Dupri) If the South didn't know Jay, They know him now" / If this album didn't have the biggest impact on Jay's career at that time I don't know what to tell you.
  • 2-pacabs
    2-pacabs Members Posts: 5
    Options
    The Blueprint.
    Both are great albums, but I'm going to have to go with The Blueprint as it's Jay-Z's best work.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Reasonable Doubt.
    I love both albums, I became a true believer in Jay after Blueprint though, he showed he can be consistent. I personally consider Jay-Z to be the most consistent hip-hop artist ever, though Pac is my number one favorite.

I think Jay has 4 classics, both are these are among them. RD is better because lyrically I was more impressed.
  • Knightryder
    Knightryder Members Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Reasonable Doubt.

Reasonable doubt, blueprint, black album, and american gangster

can all be considered classics, cause they are hardly any wack tracks on either album

but its funny how when u look at jay catalouge out of all the hit songs, and albums he dropped
    his most successful was hard knock life volume 2, at the time 5 times platinum, he had 98 on
    lock..... dmx dropped 2 albums that year both went about 3 times plat, but didnt go 5 times

That album was so big ? was able to make the hard knock life tour
    aka backstage

• DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Blueprint.
    DR. JEK wrote: »
    Blueprint easily!!!! And Im not bias, I happen to be listening to the reasonable dought ? driving home from work today and I thought about the IC, I swear to ? without even knowin this topic was made lol. I could only bump like 3 songs today real talk and im being trill wit chall right now. smh ? 's so overated and im not no 15 year old kid saying this, Im a grown man that actually love that 90's ? , atleast most of it. D Evils is about the only joint that even aged well. I be tryin really hard you guys but I just don't see what yall see in that overated, half the beats are bland, ? . Even' Jigga that ? ' Jay's worse joint on blueprint, beatwise ? on 80 percent of reasonable dought. On Blueprint no songs sounded the same which allowed each joint to have it's own personality. I mean...what are we really talking about here? Lets put it this way, If 'You don't know' came on one radio station and you turn the station and the simp anthem 'Aint no ? ' is on...which one are yall gonna turn to and turn the volume up? You RD heads are on all types of drugs.

I said this ? a long as a while ago and still believe every word I typed. Blueprint was much more polished from a delivery standpoint, song writing standpoint and he got better at stirring mainstream bangers. I really only ? wit a few songs on RD but have to listen to something else because the songs on RD don't separate themselves well.