Iraqi troops suffer mass slaughter one mile from Baghdad: the general ISIS Chat thread

Options

Comments

• MrSoutCity
    MrSoutCity Members Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Saudi and their allies just started bombing the rebels in Yemen, I hope this is the begining of the end of the house of Saud.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    The Iraqis are ? smh.....and American air power has shown us its limits
    i think we're only just starting the use of airpower on this offensive. actually, i was reading an article today making the point that the Iraqis/Iranians simply have less urban warfare experience than we do... and that's probably correct.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    The Iraqis are ? smh.....and American air power has shown us its limits
    i think we're only just starting the use of airpower on this offensive. actually, i was reading an article today making the point that the Iraqis/Iranians simply have less urban warfare experience than we do... and that's probably correct.

Yeah in fact Americans are using air strikes in Tikrit right now, amazing because that means America is actually helping Iranian forces directly, something I didn't think would happen so soon. Iranians and Iraqis are still gonna struggle in Tikrit, but they might take the city if they can get through the snipers.
  • kingblaze84
    edited March 2015
    Options
    AZTG wrote: »
    ? is the US doing man? The houthi rebels (Shiites backed by Iran) are taking more and more land in Yemen. What just happened recently though is the US withdrew all its soldiers from Yemen and abandoned an airbase just a lil while ago. ? up part is the US has left about a billion dollars of US weaponry behind that is now either in the hands of the houthis or aqap or maybe even Isis supporters.

Smh. Same old US

American military officials got scared of Al-Qaeda conquering the city right next to that American air base, and the Iranian backed rebels (Houthis) told American soldiers a few weeks ago to drop their weapons and leave the country. Amazingly, that's exactly what happened......one would think America helping Iran with the ISIS issue would make Iran less likely to do things like this, but it shows how disliked America is in many parts of the region. Shiites have been treated like halal food by Al-Qaeda and ISIS, and Shiite rebels STILL pointed guns at American soldiers a few weeks ago and told them to leave. The American air strikes are not doing much to help the reputation of America in that region, seems the hatred for USA is still there and very strong.

American military officials, considering they have almost no real friends in Yemen, probably made the right choice to abandon the rest of their forces this week. Those weapons they left behind though.....I bet the Houthis took them. Iran and its influence is gonna be stronger then ever with those half a billion in American rocket launchers and rifles. If Al-Qaeda took those weapons, they're gonna take over more parts of Yemen. I remember when Obama held Yemen as a good example of how to fight the war on terror......I'm sure he wants to take that back now lol. Cuz umm....AL-Qaeda is getting STRONGER in Yemen, and ISIS, knowing their history, will try to make Yemen their next state in their caliphate.
  • MrSoutCity
    Options
    ? is the US doing man? The houthi rebels (Shiites backed by Iran) are taking more and more land in Yemen. What just happened recently though is the US withdrew all its soldiers from Yemen and abandoned an airbase just a lil while ago. ? up part is the US has left about a billion dollars of US weaponry behind that is now either in the hands of the houthis or aqap or maybe even Isis supporters.

Smh. Same old US

American military officials got scared of Al-Qaeda conquering the city right next to that American air base, and the Iranian backed rebels (Houthis) told American soldiers a few weeks ago to drop their weapons and leave the country. Amazingly, that's exactly what happened......one would think America helping Iran with the ISIS issue would make Iran less likely to do things like this, but it shows how disliked America is in many parts of the region. Shiites have been treated like halal food by Al-Qaeda and ISIS, and Shiite rebels STILL pointed guns at American soldiers a few weeks ago and told them to leave. The American air strikes are not doing much to help the reputation of America in that region, seems the hatred for USA is still there and very strong.

American military officials, considering they have almost no real friends in Yemen, probably made the right choice to abandon the rest of their forces this week. Those weapons they left behind though.....I bet the Houthis took them. Iran and its influence is gonna be stronger then ever with those half a billion in American rocket launchers and rifles. If Al-Qaeda took those weapons, they're gonna take over more parts of Yemen. I remember when Obama held Yemen as a good example of how to fight the war on terror......I'm sure he wants to take that back now lol. Cuz umm....AL-Qaeda is getting STRONGER in Yemen, and ISIS, knowing their history, will try to make Yemen their next state in their caliphate.

What I understand is that the US been bombing the rebels in Yemen and you say the bomb aqap
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    MrSoutCity wrote: »

Smh. Same old US

What I understand is that the US been bombing the rebels in Yemen and you say the bomb aqap

The USA has been bombing Al-Qaeda in Yemen for the past 7 years or so, America hasn't bombed the Houthi rebels in Yemen, at least not yet. Saudi Arabia and Egypt have been bombing the rebels though....
  • kingblaze84
    edited March 2015
    Options
    If the United States keeps doing air strikes, Iraqi Shiite militias are threatening to stop fighting for Iraq's govt. Remember the Shiite militias fight much better and are more organized then the ? Iraqi army. And it gets even worse.....Iraqi Shiite militias are also now threatening the lives of any American soldiers who somehow come upon them. Iraqi militias are also accusing the United States of CREATING ISIS to find a way to gain influence in Iraq......no I'm not making any of this up, this is what they are telling reporters today......

http://news.yahoo.com/us-hijacking-victory-iraqs-tikrit-militia-groups-195257844.html

Baghdad (AFP) - Iraqi Shiite militias accused Washington Thursday of hijacking the operation to retake Tikrit, threatening a mass pullout even as regular government forces pressed a final assault.

Iran-backed paramilitary organisations have done the heavy lifting in the Tikrit operation and insisted they did not need US involvement to flush out the city's last IS-held pockets.

"This operation (US-led strikes) has negative results," said Jassem al-Jazaeri, a top political official from Kataeb Hezbollah, one of the main militia groups in Iraq.

Akram al-Kaabi, secretary-general of the Harakat al-Nujaba militia, threatened the United States.

There have been no reports of US military advisers or other forces on the ground in Tikrit but he warned nonetheless that his group were on "maximum alert" to target US troops.

He also accused Washington of engineering the creation of the Islamic State group, an accusation that is widespread among Iraq's Shiite majority but transcends the sectarian divide.

---And there you have it.....America wishes to help the Iraqis, although the Iraqi militias and Iraqis overall not only believe America created ISIS, but Iraqi Shiite militias STILL wana shoot and ? American soldiers LOL.....in all honesty, I thought only a few Iraqis believed ISIS was created by Americans but reporters are stating most Iraqis believe this.

And yes, ISIS AND Iraqi Shiite militias want American soldiers dead. Not sure why America is wasting its time and billions in this effort still.
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes because news from Hezbollah is information we need to give credibility to.
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    Ohhh, so you don't want to know how badly Iraqis think of America....? Why the ? is America helping these people, they think America is evil enough to create ISIS on purpose. Iraqi militias are threatening to ? American soldiers, just like ISIS is, the article reminds the world again America has almost no friends in that region. And for excellent reasons.
  • MrSoutCity
    Options

Smh. Same old US

The USA has been bombing Al-Qaeda in Yemen for the past 7 years or so, America hasn't bombed the Houthi rebels in Yemen, at least not yet. Saudi Arabia and Egypt have been bombing the rebels though....

The Houthi rebels claim the US been bombing them. But they would claim that they bold apap in the media.
  • kingblaze84
    Options

Smh. Same old US

The Houthi rebels claim the US been bombing them. But they would claim that they bold apap in the media.

Wow really? I gotta look into that, I thought America was only bombing Al-Qaeda in Yemen.
  • janklow
    Options
    Yeah in fact Americans are using air strikes in Tikrit right now, amazing because that means America is actually helping Iranian forces directly, something I didn't think would happen so soon.
    seems like there's a little power struggle going on right now

Iraqi Shiite militias balk at offensive if U.S. airstrikes are involved
    Iraqi militia forces that have led the fight against Islamic State militants in Tikrit balked at U.S. intervention Thursday, saying that they would stop thousands of fighters under their influence from joining an offensive on the city.

Though the militia leaders said they would remain in their positions around Tikrit, their refusal to continue fighting raises the question as to whether regular Iraqi troops can continue the battle on their own.

The largely Iranian-backed paramilitary groups reacted with fury Thursday after coalition planes launched 17 airstrikes on Tikrit during a first wave of attacks. One Shiite militia, Kitaeb Hezbollah, which is designated by the United States as a terrorist organization, said it would go as far as shooting down any plane belonging to the U.S.-led coalition in the area.

Washington has pushed for Shiite militias to leave the battlefield, even as it is drawn into a fight against their enemy, the ­Islamic State militants. But the Shiite militias, many of which are hostile to the United States, play a dominant role among the Iraqi forces. Around Tikrit, they outnumber the regular Iraqi government troops by more than 6 to 1.
    to be perfectly honest, while i know you hate hate hate US doing anything in the Middle East, i think this actually reflects much more poorly on the Shiite militias.

• AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Idk what the ? the US is thinking on Iran. I just don't. Iran at the moment has the most power and influence in the mid east and even north Africa. Iran is one of the main reasons that the mid east is so unstable. Iran is backing terrorist organizations and giving them weapons in many countries.

So why are we making a deal with them? Wtf? Why let Iran even join in on the fight for Tikrit? Why let the Shiites go and fight in kerkuk?

Iran is backing houthi rebels in Yemen and now all the Sunni Arabs are bombing Shiites which is probably a formality to start a sunni Shiite war and while all this is happening, the US is dealing with ? Iran. Idk man. Someone help me understand what Obama is doing.
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    Yeah in fact Americans are using air strikes in Tikrit right now, amazing because that means America is actually helping Iranian forces directly, something I didn't think would happen so soon.
    seems like there's a little power struggle going on right now

Iraqi Shiite militias balk at offensive if U.S. airstrikes are involved
    Iraqi militia forces that have led the fight against Islamic State militants in Tikrit balked at U.S. intervention Thursday, saying that they would stop thousands of fighters under their influence from joining an offensive on the city.

Though the militia leaders said they would remain in their positions around Tikrit, their refusal to continue fighting raises the question as to whether regular Iraqi troops can continue the battle on their own.

The largely Iranian-backed paramilitary groups reacted with fury Thursday after coalition planes launched 17 airstrikes on Tikrit during a first wave of attacks. One Shiite militia, Kitaeb Hezbollah, which is designated by the United States as a terrorist organization, said it would go as far as shooting down any plane belonging to the U.S.-led coalition in the area.

Washington has pushed for Shiite militias to leave the battlefield, even as it is drawn into a fight against their enemy, the ­Islamic State militants. But the Shiite militias, many of which are hostile to the United States, play a dominant role among the Iraqi forces. Around Tikrit, they outnumber the regular Iraqi government troops by more than 6 to 1.
    to be perfectly honest, while i know you hate hate hate US doing anything in the Middle East, i think this actually reflects much more poorly on the Shiite militias.

It may reflect more poorly on the Shiite militias but it also reflects VERY poorly on the tarnished reputation of the USA there. The report shows Iraqi Shiite militias so distrust Americans they want to shoot down American planes!!!

? .....
  • kingblaze84
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Idk what the ? the US is thinking on Iran. I just don't. Iran at the moment has the most power and influence in the mid east and even north Africa. Iran is one of the main reasons that the mid east is so unstable. Iran is backing terrorist organizations and giving them weapons in many countries.

So why are we making a deal with them? Wtf? Why let Iran even join in on the fight for Tikrit? Why let the Shiites go and fight in kerkuk?

Iran is backing houthi rebels in Yemen and now all the Sunni Arabs are bombing Shiites which is probably a formality to start a sunni Shiite war and while all this is happening, the US is dealing with ? Iran. Idk man. Someone help me understand what Obama is doing.

It's going to be impossible to reduce Iran's influence from this point on because the Iraqis NEED Iranian help, the Saudis and Turks aren't doing much to help with ISIS. Israel isn't gonna do anything. Qatar? Egypt? Jordan? Their help has been weak at best, so who else is Iraq supposed to lean on? Iraq has made clear to America that Iran's help has been crucial in them pushing ISIS back, and I think that's why Obama is letting Iran run free in Iraq. The more Iranian troops and militias in Iraq, the less likely American troops will be fighting in Iraq. Most Democrats don't want American troops in Iraq at all and some Democrats have publicly said the air strikes are a waste of time. Obama still has to keep influence with Democrats, so he's going to keep in mind his base doesn't want Americans getting too involved in the war. Iraq's govt knows this and its why they love Iran's help. Iranian troops on the ground, for better or for worse, are the only ones in the region stepping up to the plate on the ground aside from the Kurds, who are part of Iraq anyway.

Iran is definitely backing some shady groups in the Middle East but are any of the Sunni militias in the region any less shady, especially the ones being funded by the Saudis and others? I'm sure Obama and other military officials are not thrilled about Iran's militias being there, but Iraq's mostly Shiite govt are best friends with Iran now. Not sure what Obama realistically can do, he can't bomb out Iranian militias because it will ? off the Iraqi militias who love Iran.
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Need to just leave these people and that region alone for good... They don't want our help. American people don't want TO help. Bring home the troops and let them sort themselves out.

Let them catch the fade of all fades and be done with it.
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Need to just leave these people and that region alone for good... They don't want our help. American people don't want TO help. Bring home the troops and let them sort themselves out.

? ain't that simple. World is too global now. You look at the price of oil and the price of oil is what it is today because there is a calculation that's done saying there is this many gallons of oil in the world today and this much will be produced by the end of the day. The mid east has a lot of oil. You let the mid east do what the mid east does and do to all the destabilization of countries and economies due to these Islamic fundamentalists the price of oil will sky rocket all over the world.

Do to oil going up everhthing else will go up. Its a domino effect.

Not saying the US isn't ? up, cause they sure are, but to leave them alone and let them do what they want over there will ? up to global economy. Believe me no one isn't doing anything just to help other people out.
  • kingblaze84
    edited March 2015
    Options

? ain't that simple. World is too global now. You look at the price of oil and the price of oil is what it is today because there is a calculation that's done saying there is this many gallons of oil in the world today and this much will be produced by the end of the day. The mid east has a lot of oil. You let the mid east do what the mid east does and do to all the destabilization of countries and economies due to these Islamic fundamentalists the price of oil will sky rocket all over the world.

Do to oil going up everhthing else will go up. Its a domino effect.

Not saying the US isn't ? up, cause they sure are, but to leave them alone and let them do what they want over there will ? up to global economy. Believe me no one isn't doing anything just to help other people out.

I hear you but it seems the longer and more intense America gets involved in these air strikes, Al-Qaeda and its affiliates get stronger and stronger. And ISIS still has most of its land intact, although the Kurds have fought great with Iraqi soldiers the last few weeks. But despite the 6,000 plus American air strikes, how and why is it that Al-Qaeda, its affiliates and ISIS now have 50% of Syria?

As Islamic State gets beat down, Al-Qaeda is capturing more cities, they got a large city of 165,000 from Assad today. America getting involved seems to be escalating the whole situation, am I wrong? If so, then America has a lot to explain for Al-Qaeda and ISIS now owning half of Syria, when Obama said Al-Qaeda and its ideology was on the run after Osama was killed. Now, Al-Qaeda is bigger then ever, and they're just a friendlier version of Islamic State.

Islamic fighters led by al-Qaida in Syria seize major city

http://newsok.com/islamic-fighters-led-by-al-qaida-in-syria-seize-major-city/article/feed/818601

BEIRUT (AP) — Islamic fighters led by al-Qaida's branch in Syria seized almost full control of the northwestern city of Idlib on Saturday, taking over major roundabouts and government buildings in a powerful blow to President Bashar Assad whose forces rapidly collapsed after four days of heavy fighting, opposition activists and the extremist group said.

Idlib, a major urban center with a population of around 165,000 people, is the second provincial capital to fall into opposition hands after Raqqa, now a stronghold of the Islamic State group. Its capture by the Nusra Front underscores the growing power of extremist groups in Syria who now control about half the country.
  • kingblaze84
    edited March 2015
    Options
    As I feared, America has caught itself in a Vietnam like situation. The more involved America is getting, the bigger rallying cry for Al-Qaeda and ISIS to attract people who simply want nothing to do with America and the west. Al-Qaeda capturing a city of 165,000 in Syria is a national embarrassment for America's military, 6,000 American air strikes later and ISIS and Al-Qaeda now own half of Syria?? What the hell are these air strikes doing? Look at the big rocket launchers Al-Qaeda and its friends have in Syria now, they don't look like a group on the run at all....I can only imagine the weapons ISIS has

5516fa6f111d0.image.jpg

• zombie
    Options
    As I feared, America has caught itself in a Vietnam like situation. The more involved America is getting, the bigger rallying cry for Al-Qaeda and ISIS to attract people who simply want nothing to do with America and the west. Al-Qaeda capturing a city of 165,000 in Syria is a national embarrassment for America's military, 6,000 American air strikes later and ISIS and Al-Qaeda now own half of Syria?? What the hell are these air strikes doing? Look at the big rocket launchers Al-Qaeda and its friends have in Syria now, they don't look like a group on the run at all....I can only imagine the weapons ISIS has

5516fa6f111d0.image.jpg

Vietnam???? We are not in war in Syria or Iraq when will you learn that simply bombing does not necessarily equal war
  • kingblaze84
    edited March 2015
    Options
    zombie wrote: »

5516fa6f111d0.image.jpg

Vietnam???? We are not in war in Syria or Iraq when will you learn that simply bombing does not necessarily equal war

The United States military and the White House admitted it was at war with ISIS last year. Try and keep up. The Vietnam War was not an officially declared war, just so you know. But it was an obvious war, just as this is

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/white-house-u-s-war-isis-article-1.1937879

White House: We're at war with ISIS

The White House and Pentagon say the U.S. is now engaged in a war against the fanatical Islamist group
  • zombie
    Options
    zombie wrote: »

5516fa6f111d0.image.jpg

The United States military and the White House admitted it was at war with ISIS last year. Try and keep up. The Vietnam War was not an officially declared war, just so you know. But it was an obvious war, just as this is

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/white-house-u-s-war-isis-article-1.1937879

White House: We're at war with ISIS

The White House and Pentagon say the U.S. is now engaged in a war against the fanatical Islamist group

We are at war with Isis but we are not actually in war in Iraq or syria. No American blood is really at risk.

The kind of "war" this is not not the conventional war like Vietnam was your comparison is ? stupid.
  • zombie
    Options
    The United states of America is not at war in Iraq Yemen or syria too much distortion of facts in here
  • Soloman_The_Wise
    Soloman_The_Wise Members Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    WE refuse to learn from our past mistakes the hodge podge ? we pulled with Iran made it a Monster, now Iraq Afghanistan and Syria are all following suit. ? will keep getting worse if we keep trying to play in the Sand box digging for resources to exploit. We have this bad habit of placing greedy people into positions of power because they will make us favorable deals for looking the other way and then we get mad when they do exactly what we agreed to look the other way for. If we know what a individuals long term goal is and it is in conflict with our own then why help them in the short term to get to that long term when it will ultimately be more costly then that short term benefit we get? Always breaks down to short sighted greed of our own aristocracy not careing because their slave subject the "citizens" will pay for it with either Blood sweat tears and money or all of the above out of loyalty to a government/party that already views us as less than and the enemy...
  • janklow
    Options
    It may reflect more poorly on the Shiite militias but it also reflects VERY poorly on the tarnished reputation of the USA there. The report shows Iraqi Shiite militias so distrust Americans they want to shoot down American planes!!
    these are groups that would ? about the US either way, but in this case they're just looking petulant since we're talking about a circumstance where the militias benefit directly.
    As I feared, America has caught itself in a Vietnam like situation.
    wait, which neighboring nation is funding ISIS and throwing their own military forces into the mix?
    this is not like Vietnam beyond the overall concepts like "messy" and "frustrating" and "probably makes Henry Kissinger annoyed"