Wow T-Pain. Harsh Comments on Aaliyah's legacy

Options
obnoxiouslyfresh
obnoxiouslyfresh Members Posts: 11,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2015 in The Reason
Starts at 2:50. I do get what he was saying about artists posthumous careers being exaggerated, but who makes an analogy like that? He needs to write a whole apology song again
https://youtu.be/kbuj5qFGYfk

Comments

• Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol he had a point tho
  • obnoxiouslyfresh
    Options
    Stiff wrote: »
    Lol he had a point tho

I understood what he was trying to say. But there is really nothing to be gained from crapping on the legacy of a beloved young woman who seemed like a nice person, especially when her life was cut down so short. "It's like when an ? dies and you go to their funeral..." Like seriously?
  • Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stiff wrote: »
    Lol he had a point tho

I understood what he was trying to say. But there is really nothing to be gained from crapping on the legacy of a beloved young woman who seemed like a nice person, especially when her life was cut down so short. "It's like when an ? dies and you go to their funeral..." Like seriously?

Lmao he definitely coulda found a better combination of words.. But yea if she was alive nobody would be trippin off of him using autotune while working with her
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The Pryor
    The Pryor Members Posts: 63 ✭✭
    Options
    That ? got issues.

He really think ? off Timbaland is wise?

? , folks are ? tired of autotune, the ? dont sound no where as good as a talkbox... cause that ? takes actual talent.

I hate t-pain more than i hate drake, real talk.

That ? said he was better than teddy riley and the great roger troutman, that ? mixtape need to flop.
    ? . T. Pain.
    ? his sound.
    ? his legacy.
    ? his ? assed outburst.
    And ? the inevitable apology to Timbaland this gon produce.
    I hate what your presence has done to music and wish you nothing but pain and suffering.

bout how rich feel bout dat poodle ? t-pain cause he bring pain to my ears wit his wack azz musik!

• soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    See? This is proof ? ? still exist. Let me be Negrodomus real quick and predict that this ? blows up real bad. How is he in the industry and not understand how serious ? get over Baby girl? Now when he get Ruff Rydas sitting front row at his shows ready to pop on his ass, then what?

T-Pain, time to go home
    71dtjpisxfL.jpg
    rapmusic wrote: »
    Like we don't overrate dead rappers..

Name ONE overrated dead rapper.Pac, Biggie, L, and Pun are 4 of the greatest to do it. ? like you act like we would call Bizzare one of the GOAT if he died, when it ain't that serious.
  • SheerExcellence
    SheerExcellence Members Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ppl ask the artists to be real and when a guy keeps it real then ppl say why isn't he playing the game, He knows how ppl feel about her...

• rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Options
    ppl ask the artists to be real and when a guy keeps it real then ppl say why isn't he playing the game, He knows how ppl feel about her...

Cause if a ? said T-Pain is wack for using auto tune he's have something to say too.. That person was keeping it real too right?
  • SheerExcellence
    Options
    rapmusic wrote: »

Cause if a ? said T-Pain is wack for using auto tune he's have something to say too.. That person was keeping it real too right?

If a pErson think tpain is wack they can say it. But if the is blackballed because of it that is why ppl tend to be fake.
  • Lurkristocrat
    Lurkristocrat Members Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well, aaliyah WAS wack
  • Lurkristocrat
    Lurkristocrat Members Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rock the boat, rock the boat
    she jus another dead ? in a rocawear coat
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Was ready to ? on him but I get his point

Aaliyah was dope tho
  • Original_Skin
    Original_Skin Members Posts: 276 ✭✭✭
    Options
    "You're nobody till somebody kills you" (or your plane engine fails)
  • okaay
    okaay Members Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Aliyah mad overrated, sung every song in the same key. She had zero range, he sung in that key everyone can pull off in the shower. Just had that production team....no disrespect!
  • SheerExcellence
    Options

Sounds more like sour grapes to me. If he really feels that she wasn't a stellar artist and she's overrated, why would you put her on your track 15 years after she died. And to do so and then disrespect her...

That's low.

I dont really mess with tpain like that. I didn't know he put her on a track. Yeah if you put someone on a track you can't call em overrated in the next breath.
  • obnoxiouslyfresh
    Options

Sounds more like sour grapes to me. If he really feels that she wasn't a stellar artist and she's overrated, why would you put her on your track 15 years after she died. And to do so and then disrespect her...

That's low.

I dont really mess with tpain like that. I didn't know he put her on a track. Yeah if you put someone on a track you can't call em overrated in the next breath.

Yea that's what he's upset about. In the beginning of the video he is debuting the track at the listening session and I guess they opened the floor for questions.
  • rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol at people acting like they care about these singers singing ability. I hope the same people who think Aaliyah is overrated feels the same way about chicks like Jhene Aiko. And yeah I'm pretty sure Aaliyah would've fell off by now if she was still alive I mean Mariah ? Carey fell off. Usher fell off. You know if any of those two died in their prime they'd be "overrated" too.
  • THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options