What is inherently wrong with selling drugs?

Options

Comments

• fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    icon4.gifThread Note: Kimi's next reply will determine her trillness.
  • Blue Virgo
    Blue Virgo Members Posts: 7,092 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Kimi wrote: »
    I believe I was using your assessment when I used the word corrupt. I think we have done great things to liberate Iraq, even though I don't necessarily agree with how it began, many good things have come of it. None of that matters though, Contractors provide services to make the lives of Military serving overseas easier, and they rely on us heavily. You're just basing your beliefs off of hearsay, or what you see on tv, which is what a lot of people do.

I didn't say it was corrupt, you did. My assessment was just that it was a war.
    Well, most of us are not overseas, so all we have to rely on are statements from people who are there, reports, media, etc.
    Are you saying that you believe your money is "good" money?
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    fiat_money wrote: »
    icon4.gifThread Note: Kimi's next reply will determine her trillness.
    Anticipatory post is now worthless.icon13.gif
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I believe I was using your assessment when I used the word corrupt. I think we have done great things to liberate Ira, even though I don't necessarily agree with how it began, many good things have come of it. None of that matters though, Contractors provide services to make the lives of Military serving overseas easier, and they rely on us heavily. You're just basing your beliefs off of hear say, or what you see on tv, which is what a lot of people do.

where the ? is DarcSkies!!?!!?
    i dont know how to post gifs! hahahahaha

Kimi please atleast admit u see the contradiction here??
    u sound like me in the other thread, no?
  • Blue Virgo
    edited June 2010
    Options
    CapitalB wrote: »
    where the ? is DarcSkies!!?!!?
    i dont know how to post gifs! hahahahaha

Kimi please atleast admit u see the contradiction here??
    u sound like me in the other thread, no?

Pretty much.
    I was trying to get to the point where it showed that her money isn't any better than a ? 's money or a drug dealer's money since they're all doing "wrong" and "harming communities" and "all that other ? ".

But, this is good enough.
  • Blue Virgo
    edited June 2010
    Options
    absolutley, I make a lot of Money but I do it legally, and I've more than paid my dues of service to this Country so I sleep very well at night. I know there are PLENTY of people that disagree with that, but I do whats best for me, so I don't concern myself with other peoples opinions on how I earn my money:)

Just like plenty of people disagree with pimps being pimps and drug dealers being drug dealers--but they do what's best for them and don't concern themselves with other people and their opinions on how they earn their money. =~)*

Question...if pimping hoes and selling drugs were "legal", would you have a problem with it?
  • CapitalB
    edited June 2010
    Options
    blue virgo wrote: »
    Just like plenty of people disagree with pimps being pimps and drug dealers being drug dealers--but they do what's best for them and don't concern themselves with other people and their opinions on how they earn their money. =~)*

Question...if pimping hoes and selling drugs were "legal", would you have a problem with it?

*insert popcorn gif*
  • Blue Virgo
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Except that I never said the War was "wrong" or "harming the communty", and the money is earned legally.........so you really showed nothing.

You said it was corrupt...same difference.
  • Blue Virgo
    edited June 2010
    Options
    This is a forum where we all give our opinions though, is it not? So I stated my opinion on the subject, I disagree with it, and let it be know why. Just like you disagree with how I earn my money, and let it be know why. No one is going to change what they're doing because of opinions given on this forum, but the whole purpose is to discuss things and share different viewpoints, so thats what I was doing:)

Uh...sure.

If pimping hoes and selling drugs were "legal", would you have a problem with it or those who considered such activities to be jobs?
  • CapitalB
    edited June 2010
    Options
    This is a forum where we all give our opinions though, is it not? So I stated my opinion on the subject, I disagree with it, and let it be know why. Just like you disagree with how I earn my money, and let it be know why. No one is going to change what they're doing because of opinions given on this forum, but the whole purpose is to discuss things and share different viewpoints, so thats what I was doing:)

so basicly if u dont agree with it and someone else is doin it, bad??
    and if u dont agree with it but ur doin it, its okay??

thats what im gettin from this..
  • Blue Virgo
    edited June 2010
    Options
    You're not that great at sarcasm then. =~(*
    Also, my viewpoint said nothing and implied nothing about a "corrupt" war.
    War is pretty much war to me.
  • CapitalB
    edited June 2010
    Options
    No I did not, I used the word corrupt to stay in context of the viewpoint you gave. So basically I was being sarcastic.

ahhhhhhhhh so u support the war??
    or do u look at it as a necessary evil?? done for the wrong reasons but if good can come of it, its okay?? is that what ur tryin to say??
  • CapitalB
    edited June 2010
    Options
    How are you getting that from what I said? I was basically saying that we all have our views on whats right and wrong, and we share these views here, but at the end of the day it doesn't matter because were all going to do what we do, rather people agree with it or not. That was my point, I couldn't care less what these people think about the way I earn my money, though it makes for good discussion, their views mean nothing to me. I'm sure you feel the same way about what you do.

yeh i got that.. before i asked the question i was under the assumption that u viewed the war as corrupt.. now that i know u were bein sarcastic this post is rather useless..
    CapitalB wrote: »
    ahhhhhhhhh so u support the war??
    or do u look at it as a necessary evil?? done for the wrong reasons but if good can come of it, its okay?? is that what ur tryin to say??

this ^^ is the question i need answering though..
  • CapitalB
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Thats exactly how I see it. It doesn't take a rocket scientists to know we didn't need to invade Iraq. But since we did many good things have come from it, like getting Saddam out of power, and liberating them to build up their own democracy. Regardless of all that though, contractors are about supporting the Military members, not the War itself. The Military relies heavily on contractors to get the mission done.

soooooooo if a drug dealer sell drugs to get he and his loved ones out of a situation i.e. poverty so his lineage no longer have to suffer the same things he and the ones that came before him had to endure is not the same?? isnt what he doin a "necessary evil" in his eyes??

same for a ? .. or a hoe.. he "exploits" women and they sell themselves.. but if u go from bein hungry and naked to well fed clothed and sheltered with the means to provide for u and urs is that not considered a "necessary evil"??

sure they do or have done "bad" things.. but if good could come of it by ur stance it should be acceptable correct??
  • Blue Virgo
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Lol, I didn't even wanna point that out.
    I'm sure you could find some good out of any situation...doesn't make it any better than another person's situation.
  • CapitalB
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Lol, I didn't even wanna point that out.
    I'm sure you could find some good out of any situation...doesn't make it any better than another person's situation.

lol i was waitin to get her ass! u left me an opening! hahaha
  • garv
    garv Confirm Email Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I believe I was using your assessment when I used the word corrupt. I think we have done great things to liberate Ira, even though I don't necessarily agree with how it began, many good things have come of it. None of that matters though, Contractors provide services to make the lives of Military serving overseas easier, and they rely on us heavily. You're just basing your beliefs off of hear say, or what you see on tv, which is what a lot of people do.

GTFOH, how can you justify participating in an unjust war where millions of people have died as a ? contractor, how the ? can you take any moral ground your worse than a drug dealer to them Iraqis that be losing their family members at night, how can your ass sleep at night, you haven't liberated ? but the access of oil, your just another ? a puppet.
  • Blue Virgo
    edited June 2010
    Options
    are you saying that a person sells drugs because he has to? That within itself is nonsense. I grew up in "poverty" in the ghetto as well, so I know first hand that isn't the only option people have, thats a cop out, plain and simple, and I could never agree with it.

Do you HAVE to be an overseas contractor or do you just want to?
    Couldn't you have a regular job in the states?
    Or was it the amount of money that appealed to you?
  • garv
    garv Confirm Email Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    are you saying that a person sells drugs because he has to? That within itself is nonsense. I grew up in "poverty" in the ghetto as well, so I know first hand that isn't the only option people have, thats a cop out, plain and simple, and I could never agree with it.

Do you have to participate in a war where we now know that was lied about, knowing the only reason your there is to take another mans resources while the local people suffer everyday and many people have died to your incompetence?

Like a drug dealer you don't care about that ? , because your driven by money in a capitalistic society, a drug dealer is only thinking about himself and money, disregarding the amount of people he affects indirectly through his dealings,same ? with you your participating in a corrupt unjustified war only caring about yourself and the money you can gain not caring how many people you affect indirectly through your participation. Then you have the nerves to come and feed us the rhetoric of your puppet master "we did a great job at liberating Iraq' ? please theres no liberation in a country where the citizens aren't reaping the benefits of their resources, yet another country miles away is.
  • CapitalB
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Do you HAVE to be an overseas contractor or do you just want to?
    Couldn't you have a regular job in the states?
    Or was it the amount of money that appealed to you?
    garv wrote: »
    GTFOH, how can you justify participating in an unjust war where millions of people have died as a ? contractor, how the ? can you take any moral ground your worse than a drug dealer to them Iraqis that be losing their family members at night, how can your ass sleep at night, you haven't liberated ? but the access of oil, your just another ? a puppet.
    garv wrote: »
    Do you have to participate in a war where we now know that was lied about, knowing the only reason your there is to take another mans resources while the local people suffer everyday and many people have died to your incompetence?

Like a drug dealer you don't care about that ? , because your driven by money in a capitalistic society, a drug dealer is only thinking about himself and money, disregarding the amount of people he affects indirectly through his dealings,same ? with you your participating in a corrupt unjustified war only caring about yourself and the money you can gain not caring how many people you affect indirectly through your participation. Then you have the nerves to come and feed us the rhetoric of your puppet master "we did a great job at liberating Iraq' ? please theres no liberation in a country where the citizens aren't reaping the benefits of their resources, yet another country miles away is.

thank u!!!!
    i dont even have to reply.. u guys beat me to it! lol
  • CMac
    CMac Members Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Selling drugs is wrong, but life is a ? sometimes so a ? gotta do what he gotta do to make that money and succeed in life.
  • CapitalB
    edited June 2010
    Options
    nooooooo u said in ur own words that the war was unjust and started for the wrong reasons.. BUT good has come of it..
    those are ur words correct?!?!? i really dont care to go back and look for where u said it but please dont say im making this up..
  • Blue Virgo
    edited June 2010
    Options
    not actully because they're going off of their personl views on the War, but I don't share those views so it's pointless to answer them. Now, I want to answer on the scenrio you gave me, but I'm still trying to wrap my head round how you feel turning into a drug dealer is the only option some people have.

It's really not pointless, I just believe that you don't have a rebuttal.
    You said yourself that it was a bad situation but some good came from it.
    So, your personal views on the war can't be all that great.

When it comes to profiting off of something that most people see as wrong as long as it has some good things come from it, selling drugs/pimpin/contracting are not different.
  • CapitalB
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I said I don't agree with the reason it started, but good has come of it since then.......yes thats correct.......

and u dont see the correlation??
    i think u do.. ur jus arguin for the sake of arguin now.. for a second i thought we may have been gettin through to u.. but im sensing ur about to shut down..
  • Blue Virgo
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Of course I don't have to do it, there are always multiple options in any situation, no one is forced to do anything. I do it because the money appeals to me, and I don't believe the War is corrupt, so it's not moral issue with me.

And some people don't see pimping or drug dealing as an issue.
    So, what I'm trying to ask is...what makes what you do any better than what they do?