Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well I'm glad he died instead if the woman he hit
  • Kakarot
    Kakarot Members Posts: 303 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Stiff wrote: »
    This should become lively discussion now

If the same situation comes up again..they still gotta give dude the heart. Doctors shouldn't get to arbitrarily decide who lives and dies.

Sigh.
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    His parents failed him early on
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stiff wrote: »
    jono wrote: »
    They aren't an abundance of human organs laying around for people to ? up. I'm totally in favor of picking and choosing who gets what in that regard.

Besides dude was fighting to be out on THE LIST, getting on the list is different from actually receiving the ? , there are still others ahead of you, who are just as of not more deserving.

There are tremendous opportunity costs attached to these ? lists and surgeries, people die just waiting for one and this ? ? not only shamed the hospital into putting him on the list but managed to actually survive long enough to get the heart AND survived the surgery AND his body accepted the transplant. This was the luckiest ? I've ever seen and equally the most infuriating story I've ever read.

Picking and choosing opens the door for all kinds of fuckery...

So ?
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm still mad at this ? . The ? ? up a second chance that a whole lot of people don't get the chance to have.
  • Kakarot
    Kakarot Members Posts: 303 ✭✭✭
    Options
    There aren't many organs to go around, especially hearts.

The Doctors look at his records and predicted this would happen.
  • gotdamkam
    gotdamkam Members Posts: 298 ✭✭
    Options
    I think everyone deserves life, but i hate to say this was a waste.still doesn’t mean that I think the hospitals should start profiling people in determining who should live and who shouldn’t
  • Meta_Conscious
    Options
    Kakarot wrote: »
    There aren't many organs to go around, especially hearts.

The Doctors look at his records and predicted this would happen.

many ppl get organs and do ? afterwards... cutitout
  • skpjr78
    skpjr78 Members Posts: 7,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Pico wrote: »
    Man if that lil ? ain't gonna go to follow ups and not take his meds then ? him, no heart for you!
    Why waste that ? on someone who don't give a ? .
    original post written in August 2013. @Pico be knowing yall. pico be knowing
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    let's keep it trill for a sec... a lot of ppl get second chances. a lot of ppl ? it up.

This is a different kind of second chance.
  • Rasta.
    Rasta. Members Posts: 9,342 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Can't say i feel sorry for him....seen too many people get liver transplants only to revert back to drinking alcohol when others could use it.
  • Meta_Conscious
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    let's keep it trill for a sec... a lot of ppl get second chances. a lot of ppl ? it up.

This is a different kind of second chance.

lol... ppl get new organs and do dumb ? everyday bro... welcome to Earth.
  • mysticmonroe7
    mysticmonroe7 Members Posts: 82 ✭✭
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Wow I know they won't do procedures if the patient is an active drug addict, but thats messed up. My teacher was talking about some drug addict patient that need surgery but the hospital didn't do the surgery because she was still on drugs and it would be a waste of time. Him being 'in trouble with the law' is bull though. If Woody Allen or Roman Polanski needed a heart they wouldn't hesitate even though their pedophiles. the public just thinks blacks will never be productive but their forever giving whites a 2nd, 3rd & fourth chances. If Justin Bieber needed a heart we wouldn't be having this convo.

Edit- Read this article in this thread while I had the article that he died open in another tab, I didn't know it was the same guy..crazy.
  • Maalik
    Maalik Members Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Fox News gonna have a FIELD DAY with this....scust

Stupid ass kid man. He fukked over the people on the wait list who probably died already and the next black kid with a questionable background that will need a new heart.
  • Meta_Conscious
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Maalik wrote: »

Stupid ass kid man. He fukked over the people on the wait list who probably died already and the next black kid with a questionable background that will need a new heart.

the problem with this is that we gonna act like its his fault when they continue to discriminate... as if white kids who get organs are angels who never get into trouble... is this truly the case?
  • Maalik
    Maalik Members Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Maalik wrote: »

the problem with this is that we gonna act like its his fault when they continue to discriminate... as if white kids who get organs are angels who never get into trouble... is this truly the case?

That aint really the point. This is SUCH a bad look for us, because black people were going hard for this kid to get treated fairly and now we look stupid as hell. It's like you recommending someone to get hired, and you stick your neck out for him, and he end up doing some crazy illegal ? . You end up looking crazy and suspect for vouching for that person. Black people gotta learn to stop defending everybody. Everybody aint meant to be defended. You think other groups are going around standing up for the worst pieces of ? in their race? No. So why do we? I don't get it. White people throw them dumb poor hick rednecks under the bus without a second consideration. We need to start doing the same to dumb ignorant hood nikkas.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have no sympathy for this ? ..

However this could open a can of worms...

there are probably tons of people who get these second chances who ? up in a less public way... and we never know..

but when its our own people it matters most.. cause ultimately it can affect us... we dont have that luxury of ? up and not having it stick.. to not only the individual.. but the rest of us..

Moral of he story dont be a ? up period
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    gotdamkam wrote: »
    I think everyone deserves life, but i hate to say this was a waste.still doesn’t mean that I think the hospitals should start profiling people in determining who should live and who shouldn’t

It isn't the hospital, there's a board that does all this deciding and list checking
    700 Members Posts: 14,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Y'all sound ? crazy

Saying they right for killing off a lil black boy

But then in another thread wanna say some ? like "If only black people would come together"

Y'all ain't ? , y'all the kind of ? that throw a ? in the trash before a cracka will

They already ? ? off in any way they can, even going as far as killing kids and letting the killer go and not including the uniformed people with protect and serve on they cars killing ? in broad daylight

Is y'all ? crazy. Y'all supporting another method to get rid of ?

Y'all gotta be crazy
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    700 wrote: »
    Y'all sound ? crazy

But then in another thread wanna say some ? like "If only black people would come together"

Y'all ain't ? , y'all the kind of ? that throw a ? in the trash before a cracka will

They already ? ? off in any way they can, even going as far as killing kids and letting the killer go and not including the uniformed people with protect and serve on they cars killing ? in broad daylight

Y'all gotta be crazy

I believe the kid crashed the car and died after almost killing a pedestrian and shooting someone in their house he was trying to rob
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    700 wrote: »
    Y'all sound ? crazy

Y'all gotta be crazy

Bruh did you read the article?
  • Meta_Conscious
    Options
    This only makes 'us' look bad because they take every isolated incident and use it to justify what they were going to do anyway.
    Yall fall for it every time too.
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This only makes 'us' look bad because they take every isolated incident and use it to justify what they were going to do anyway.
    Yall fall for it every time too.

it makes those who defended him when he was refused a spot on the donors list look bad. simple as that