Is the recent push for ? rights about to become the new civil rights movement?

Options
L.O.S.T.
L.O.S.T. Members Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
I think that is how the media is trying to portray it. I don't think this is accurate. They are not always singled out as ? . I could never deny that I'm a black man. What I do see happening is a lot of celebrities are going to start to come out of the closet and tons of rallys

Comments

• The_Jackal
    The_Jackal Members Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not really. The main difference that the media can never take is that we were treated as property while ? could always hide there sexual orientation. And even then they still were never treated even comparable to us
  • TheIraq
    TheIraq Members Posts: 5,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nope...........
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's just western society reverting to it's more natural form
  • semi-auto-mato
    semi-auto-mato Members Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i dont know how ? rights can be become the new civil rights movement. with the exception of marriage i cant think of anything else they are denied.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nah man. Discrimination is discrimination and I don't like the 'whos had it worse' competition but foh there are ? men in positions of power, ? millionaires, ? celebrities and the entire celebrity world backin' them. Nothin' like the ? black people still goin' through. Plus there aren't any ? ? . Can't have a Civil Rights Movement without some ?
  • Ghost313
    Ghost313 Members Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not comparable. Apples and oranges.
  • wmj710
    wmj710 Members Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What actual rights do they not have that every one else has
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In THEIR mind it might just surpass it. Lol smh How crazy is that. They basically just put an embargo on a US state over that ? in Indiana
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    hey don't some folks on this site think its the same ? ?
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    These ? men are taking all the straight men! It must be stopped
  • Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Will y'all stop with this bogus ass white man influenced thought pattern?

It has nothing do with the civil rights that our ancestors fought for. That ? is mockery to their memory. Did you choose to be born black? Did you choose to be enslaved? Hell, faggotry is well accepted in many cities. You come out ? , you're a hero. Have millions on social media backing you up, no matter the race. Black says he's black and proud, he's racist.

You young minded fools need to pull the white man's ? out of your mouths. Homosexuality has been here a very long time and has been accepted for a very long time. Now these homos want attention for ? the same sex and they call it the same as civil rights just so your ? can agree its normal. GTFOH
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This ? is very disrespectful.
  • L.O.S.T.
    L.O.S.T. Members Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mr.LV wrote: »
    This ? is very disrespectful.
    I agree. I was in a restaurant last night and this is all they were talking about on the TV. I'm trying to explain to my 11 year old what they are talkng about. I just feel the media is going to keep pushing it and making comparisons to the struggle we went through
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nah man. Discrimination is discrimination and I don't like the 'whos had it worse' competition but foh there are ? men in positions of power, ? millionaires, ? celebrities and the entire celebrity world backin' them. Nothin' like the ? black people still goin' through. Plus there aren't any ? ? . Can't have a Civil Rights Movement without some ?

What about the ? (log cabin) republicans?

http://www.logcabin.org/
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? the mainstream media. They tell u whatever narrative that they wanna push.

It's all a diversion. If the media ignored it, public opinion would be "its not important". If the media jumps up and down screaming it...then it's the most important thing.....until the next thing comes along. Most ppl don't give a ? til they're told what to think.

U wanna turn America upside down...?
    All black people sit out voting for the next president (not that ur vote really impacts that but the perception is that it does ) and DO vote for local elections. BUT DONT vote democrat or republican, only vote for a political party with a black name. Give it 2 - 3 years and all "minority" groups will do the same ? . The white vote will split up 50 ways. Dilute the system. Give it 5-10 years and a lot of ? will change. I'd love to see what the media says about that.
    America will either show its hand for what it is and/or there will be a revolution.
  • Knives Amilli
    Knives Amilli Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Blacks do not hold a monopoly on the struggle for Civil Rights or any struggle against oppression for that matter.

To act as if we do is so beside the point its not even ? funny.
  • BoldChild
    BoldChild Members Posts: 11,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No, ? people have human rights for the most part,aside from a few things.

Like not being able to donate blood, get married, etc.
  • aka_OG
    aka_OG Members Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Blacks do not hold a monopoly on the struggle for Civil Rights or any struggle against oppression for that matter.

To act as if we do is so beside the point its not even ? funny.

History has its list of struggles for all nations - but the level of favoritism and treatment they get is overboard and the backlash for having a difference of opinion is unwarranted