J Cole is the first Hip Hop artist in 25 years to go Platinum without a feature

Options
13»

Comments

• black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I don't mind features, but when I hear an album I want to know about the artists. I don't want a compilation like Ricky Ross & Friends.

Most of the rappers these days are some Tony Bennet ass niggs constantly doing duets and ? .
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kanye starting to rap again, All eyes on K dot, tech n9ne finally breaking into mainstream, J cole goes plat and this album aint even his best. K dot and J cole got something coming together, and GTA 5 heist finally dropped.

Lol stop it
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol at Big Sean
  • Cutty_Season_3
    Cutty_Season_3 Members Posts: 5
    edited April 2015
    Options
    This only goes to show how many nerds there are that like hip hop cause Cole makes music for squares, ain't no real ? bumpin that light skinted ? 's ? . No wonder he's so popular on internet messageboards they're littered with the ? whose lunch money got stole from 1st grade on up.
  • PILL_COSBY
    PILL_COSBY Members Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    chiyosuke wrote: »
    Kanye starting to rap again, All eyes on K dot, tech n9ne finally breaking into mainstream, J cole goes plat and this album aint even his best. K dot and J cole got something coming together, and GTA 5 heist finally dropped.

Lol stop it
    I could have sworn I heard K dot say that ? in an interview a few days ago.
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    Options

Lol stop it
    I could have sworn I heard K dot say that ? in an interview a few days ago.

Bruh, rappers always say ? like that in interviews.
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    Options
    This only goes to show how many nerds there are that like hip hop cause Cole makes music for squares, ain't no real ? bumpin that light skinted ? 's ? . No wonder he's so popular on internet messageboards they're littered with the ? whose lunch money got stole from 1st grade on up.

Lol damn. So who you ? with? Young Thug? Gucci?
  • nj2089
    nj2089 Members Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Wow never heard this before !
  • illedout
    illedout Members Posts: 8,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't mind features, but when I hear an album I want to know about the artists. I don't want a compilation like Ricky Ross & Friends.

Most of the rappers these days are some Tony Bennet ass niggs constantly doing duets and ? .

Yea Dj Khalid and all the (Super Friends)..
    Hopefully all that friendly ? is over,

? making songs featuring "EVERYBODY"..
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    Options
    illedout wrote: »

Yea Dj Khalid and all the (Super Friends)..
    Hopefully all that friendly ? is over,

? making songs featuring "EVERYBODY"..

Game was another culprit of this.
  • jvlioo
    jvlioo Members Posts: 570 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

[img]http://cdn.alltheragefaces.com/img/faces/large/? -yeah-? -l.png[/img]
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ear2DaSt wrote: »
    Im glad I never said nothing bad about dude

Just in case there's a chance he might put you on?
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    Options
    BobOblah wrote: »
    Turfaholic wrote: »
    What happened to when you ? hated Cole?

Someone find the Cole World Sideline Story thread

community.allhiphop.com/discussion/207250/official-j-cole-cole-world-album-thread/p1
  • mosincredible
    mosincredible Members Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2015
    Options
    BobOblah wrote: »
    Turfaholic wrote: »
    What happened to when you ? hated Cole?

Someone find the Cole World Sideline Story thread

community.allhiphop.com/discussion/207250/official-j-cole-cole-world-album-thread/p1

Interesting I said this in that thread...
    1 word to describe how I currently feel about Cole would be "disappointed". I feel he is robbing himself of a better career by trying to be so independent. He has an incredible opportunity and it really seems like he's being too stubborn to embrace the many great musical minds he's around. He's made plenty songs that I enjoy but there's just as many songs that sound bad only because he made them without assistance. His Heavy verses on the Otis beat showed that Heavy with a good chorus, different vocal tone, and another beat would be a completely different song. But someone has to tell him that and he has to accept it.

And Cole to this day refuses to embrace the many great minds he's around to make classic material and is satisfied with just good.
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    Options
    Can't blame him for wanting his sound to be sonically his (this is more true on FHD than BS as there was some major Timbaland influence in that). Over time the fans have been coming around and embracing him more and he made history with this album. Maybe he's on the right path bruh.
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Good as born sinner was i don't see how it's not platinum