LET'S BE HONEST..DRAKE AND HIS SUCCESS..

Options
Rum Middleton
Rum Middleton Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
My girls nephew and I got into a quick discussion about Drake and all...he ? wit him, I DO NOT. I think he got some flows, he's pretty basic not exactly the MOST LYRICALLY..he be sayin some tight ? sometimes...but I don't rock wit money. I always say he's garbage or boo boo..

So he asked me...."Would you make 'boo boo' music for the money and fame and success and knowin your family is straight like Drake?"

And I was like, "Naw, can't do it."

He got into his feelings and said he would and be a legend at that and stormed away.

Your take.

Comments

• t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That's the newer generation. They bring up ? album sales and iTunes singles like they get a cut. Having said that I ? with drake. He's not even close to being the most skilled or lyrical rapper but he makes great music and you can literally throw him on any track. Drake has had more hits off tracks he was ? around on than most ? make on purpose.
  • willywanker
    willywanker Members Posts: 787 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have mixed feelings with drakes music, I mess with some of it tho.
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I ? with him. Everything ain't for everybody, that's a part of life.
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thought he was alright when he first dropped his mixtape & 1st album.

But when take care dropped i had enough. His mysic is getting worse to me.

I dont ? wit it

...its pretty crazy the hottest rapper in the game is a Canadian Jew tho
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Weird Al had hits and wack ? too. Think about it.
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And oh yea I would get that bread.
  • victory_kid
    victory_kid Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My girls nephew and I got into a quick discussion about Drake and all...he ? wit him, I DO NOT. I think he got some flows, he's pretty basic not exactly the MOST LYRICALLY..he be sayin some tight ? sometimes...but I don't rock wit money. I always say he's garbage or boo boo..

So he asked me...."Would you make 'boo boo' music for the money and fame and success and knowin your family is straight like Drake?"

And I was like, "Naw, can't do it."

He got into his feelings and said he would and be a legend at that and stormed away.

Your take.

A lot of us talk that ? , but when you could literally touch success it'll be a whole different conversation then. Not saying it happens to all though.

I look at it like this, if you can't rock to dude's music... fine, whatever.
    But you cannot deny that dude actually does "tries" when it comes to his music.

For that he gets my respect.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Drake isnt makin sell out, buffonery music tho

But the answer is yes, everyone here would make 'boo boo' music for guaranteed money c 9/10 the music aint even that erious. In the GRAND SCHEME OF THINGS its not serious. Just nggas online tend to be so deep into hip hop and have no bearig on the real world. Like u bein,asked to ? for money or sumthn

Ie t/s you wouldnt make '10 bands' for 10 million bc you love hip hop so much?... WEIRDOS
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    he is wack lame corny cheesy the tone of his voice annoys me
  • victory_kid
    victory_kid Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2015
    Options
    S2J wrote: »

But the answer is yes, everyone here would make 'boo boo' music for guaranteed money c 9/10 the music aint even that erious. In the GRAND SCHEME OF THINGS its not serious. Just nggas online tend to be so deep into hip hop and have no bearig on the real world. Like u bein,asked to ? for money or sumthn

Ie t/s you wouldnt make '10 bands' for 10 million bc you love hip hop so much?... WEIRDOS

Exactly!

Kendrick Lamar is on one of the most commercialized singles of 2012/2013, doesn't make him any less of an artist though.

Mandem take this ? too serious lol.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2015
    Options
    That's the newer generation. They bring up ? album sales and iTunes singles like they get a cut. Having said that I ? with drake. He's not even close to being the most skilled or lyrical rapper but he makes great music and you can literally throw him on any track. Drake has had more hits off tracks he was ? around on than most ? make on purpose.
    A$AP_A$TON wrote: »
    I ? with him. Everything ain't for everybody, that's a part of life.
    Yall want a thug or a black militant repping your culture but 90% of you had a life too good or privileged to relate to your ideal hip hop "legend". ? wanna be hard without being that hard themselves as compensation
    why is it ok with some of yall for other artists to just make bumpin songs whether u relate or not, but for drake he has to have a certain message or u have to believe every word he says? just curious.

sums up my thoughts on the matter and how people try to criticize drake.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    He's an average rapper lyrically and he makes catchy music. He's okay and he stays in his lane for the most part.
  • KamPushMe
    KamPushMe Members Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    chiyosuke wrote: »
    S2J wrote: »

Bruh. I will ? Drake for $10m. Hell, I'll ? that ? for a rack. Like I said in another thread, I don't respect ? about dude. The only thing you embrace about Black culture is ? and the n-word? But when he got Punk'd yall all saw the ? come out this ? . But I guess he gets a pass cuz of party and bullshyt And cuz he can kinda sing (monotone as ? ). Foh.

? said a rack lol
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    he is wack lame corny cheesy the tone of his voice annoys me

The tone of his voice annoys me too that's really about all there is to it.. He also ain't hip-hop to me but what do I know?

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • 216atlran
    216atlran Members Posts: 708 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dude pretty much top tier right now, & that mixtape hard. He was Cornier back in the day. Can't deny that
  • macadonwoo
    macadonwoo Members Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Can't stand Drake. Because I hate his voice. Sounds like he's on auto tune at all times even though he's not.........