So Some Black Women Are Mad K. Dot's Dating A Light Skin

Options

Comments

• Noble Al Lee
    Noble Al Lee Members Posts: 914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not everyone can just use the "conscious" title. She doesnt seem very conscious, conscious people are generally alot less aggressive because they understand how the "energy" they put out positively or negatively affects the world around them. She's one of these new types who claim understanding but is really just as ideological as a fox news host. Faux enlightenment is tacky af
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »
    This ? is self hating and it's sad ...the internalized rage has left this poor woman disenchanted discombobulated and disconnected ... you really cant be mad at a poor soul like this .... you can only feel sorry for them ... her personal issues with self worth have rendered her ability to think on a logical level defunct .... honestly i just pray for this lady'c confused little self hating children that she'll end up raising ... you know the simp ass ? that pops one up in her gone be the type of ? ? to let her crazy ass run the show and ruin them kids ... smmh .. its so sad

#PRAY

I bet her future simp ass baby father is gonna b white.
    All that dark skin activist is a defensive mechanism.

lot of these fake black feminist really want that white daddy praise at the end of the day .. thats why they spend all of there time trying to find new innovative ways to ? bash ... its truly sad
    K.Dot done sum that brawd up to A ,T.
    I could spot you a mile away
    I could see your insecurities written all on your face
    So predictable your words, I know what you gonna say.....

Jealousy (complex), emotional (complex)
    Self-pity (complex), under oath (complex)
    The loudest one in the room, ? , that's a complex
    Let me put it back in proper context
  • D0wn
    Options
    Not everyone can just use the "conscious" title. She doesnt seem very conscious, conscious people are generally alot less aggressive because they understand how the "energy" they put out positively or negatively affects the world around them. She's one of these new types who claim understanding but is really just as ideological as a fox news host. Faux enlightenment is tacky af

C.s

Knowing is half the battle. Ppl like her, have the knowledge... But they're not using It.. U have to apply that knowledge to your personal internal self, and allow It to manifest...
    Ppl like her intake info, but they aint soul cleansing. They still got past hurts ... They wanna fix every body but themselves...
  • D0wn
    Options
    This ? need to go pump that "i" track. Cause she don't love herself.
  • OGClarenceBoddicker
    OGClarenceBoddicker Members Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Trillaaaaaa
    Trillaaaaaa Members Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yall never go this hard defending dark skin ? tho....
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    PapaDoc223 wrote: »
    Well you guys are right. They talked about this rashida ? today in the Breakfast Club. SMH. Social Media now gives people a platform to dictate daily tpoics. If this was in 2004 we would have never heard of this rashida ? . Anyway now she got mentioned in the breakfast club she now has exposure and I bet by the end of the day or tomorrow she will put out a response video.

@PapaDoc223 what they on the breakfast club?
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    S/O to all the brown-skinneds, the forgotten people
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

What's the point? I think most of us are in the Black is Black category. Differentiating based on skin tone is both ? and counterproductive
  • willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »
    One of the many reasons why black people are divided. Mothefuckers are too worried about the wrong thing.

As always it makes no sense at all. I didn't even care to read those tweets because that a lot of the ? we do as black people is just some insecure "? in the bucket" mentality ? . It's part of the reason we are so far behind and continue to stay behind in society.
  • Knives Amilli
    Knives Amilli Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BEAM wrote: »
    Well all my post has been about her, and this thread is,about her... But u talking about something else.........

I'm talking about the larger point, the overarching issue..

Colorism goes both ways. How come dark ? aint crying???

dark skinned ? was getting ? on too . Until 1986 , when Keith Sweat changed the game forever...but thats a whole notha subject...

black women fawn over lighter complexion guys all the time. Dark skin ? dont cry. We don't ? on lighter skin brothas n revoke black women cards...

There's no excuse for how that ? acted, n ppl who act like her. N cosign her fuckery .

While Colorism is detrimental to both sides of the gender spectrum, it affects women more detrimentally as our society still heavily determines a womans value by how attractive she is. And well its kind of a problem if women of color are already in the hole just based off of the shade of their skin.
  • Allah_U_Akbar
    Allah_U_Akbar Members Posts: 11,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

FALSE!

If a light-skinned chick bashed a dude for dating a dark-skinned chick...

... People would defend the dark-skinned chick.

And the light-skinned broad would get crucified.... Justifiably so.

• bgoat
    bgoat Members Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hope somebody run they ? off the internet. Then they go ? themselves.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rashida is fighting the wrong battle, there are bigger and more important ones to fight.....I say this as someone who loves my Black, dark skin sistas
  • BarreGoff
    BarreGoff Members Posts: 326 ✭✭
    Options
    black is black, who cares if its a lighter shade smdh
  • BEAM
    BEAM Members Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BarreGoff wrote: »
    black is black, who cares if its a lighter shade smdh

A lot of ? , which is the point.

Shorty surely did misfire in the case of Kendrick, but the issue she's rallying against is very, very real; And is in favor of brighter/lighter skinned women, unfortunately..
  • galaxy_1221
    galaxy_1221 Members Posts: 26 ✭✭
    Options
    I feel like this light skin & dark skin debate is like arguing if the right twix is better than the left twix. They both the same candy bar n ? .
  • BEAM
    Options
    I feel like this light skin & dark skin debate is like arguing if the right twix is better than the left twix. They both the same candy bar n ? .

Technically, to sensible people.. But you'd be surprised to see just how many ? prefer brighter/lighter women. They don't even have a real reason, they just "like what they like;" They're quick to deny any sort of White Media brainwashing tho..
  • Kakarot
    Kakarot Members Posts: 303 ✭✭✭
    Options
    The blacker the berry the sweeter the juice.
  • D0wn
    Options
    BEAM wrote: »

Technically, to sensible people.. But you'd be surprised to see just how many ? prefer brighter/lighter women. They don't even have a real reason, they just "like what they like;" They're quick to deny any sort of White Media brainwashing tho..

Ain't that what attraction is all about? u attracted to a certain elements, and cant help
    it?
    y should somebody give me a reason, to why they like what they like?
    What part of the game is that?

I see alotta fine dark sistas who are cuffed up. Obviously somebody is finding them attractive...
  • desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Fact, we live in a society that worships anything white or close to it

The darker you are the less attractive and the less intellectual u are

Subsequently being light skinned became the standard of beauty for many blacks and Latinos

Kdot himself even acknowledged himself that the world needs reminding the black beauty comes in all shades

That's reason why he went out his way to recast the lead for the "Poetic Justice" video ... Choosing a darker skinned model over the fairer skinned girl that had previously been cast by the director

So while ol girls anger is obviously misdirected, she is one of the people kendricks casting decision was meant to reach

But obviously one video alone can't reverse the narrative or undo the racism she has internalized

• A Talented One
    A Talented One Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭
    Options
    chiyosuke wrote: »

What's the point? I think most of us are in the Black is Black category. Differentiating based on skin tone is both ? and counterproductive

"I think most of us are in the we-are-human category. Differentiating based on race is both ? and counterproductive."

Smh.

Y'all sound just like the white man except that he says what he says is about race and what y'all say is about color. And just as what he says just serves to cover up the fact that reality is other than he says, so what y'all say just serves to cover up the fact that reality is not what y'all say.
  • D0wn
    Options
    Fact, we live in a society that worships anything white or close to it

The darker you are the less attractive and the less intellectual u are

Subsequently being light skinned became the standard of beauty for many blacks and Latinos

Kdot himself even acknowledged himself that the world needs reminding the black beauty comes in all shades

That's reason why he went out his way to recast the lead for the "Poetic Justice" video ... Choosing a darker skinned model over the fairer skinned girl that had previously been cast by the director

So while ol girls anger is obviously misdirected, she is one of the people kendricks casting decision was meant to reach

But obviously one video alone can't reverse the narrative or undo the racism she has internalized

@desertrain10
    Imo, your view is the most insightful on this topic, you're a black, dark skinned female. You can go in layers i cant.

what is your indepth analysis on this whole topic ?

Whats your take on Kendrick marrying a lighter complexion girl?

And what's your take in dark blk men n lighter women in general?

Do u agree/ disagree with the activist?

What's your analysis of her from watching the video below?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNxnUg0n-Zk

• Kakarot
    Kakarot Members Posts: 303 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I'd rather people be happy with whoever they want to be than be with someone society says they should be with and be miserable.
  • BEAM
    Options
    Ain't that what attraction is all about? u attracted to a certain elements, and cant help
    it?
    y should somebody give me a reason, to why they like what they like?
    What part of the game is that?

I see alotta fine dark sistas who are cuffed up. Obviously somebody is finding them attractive...

Bruh, stop tryna pardon this colorism bullshyt.

Since "Black is Black," there isn't a real difference between bright/light skinned women and brown/dark skinned women as far as features are concerned, Except for the color of their skin. But you mean to tell me all these ? "just happen" to like lighter women when Whitey's been putting lighter women on a pedestal ( depicted as more beautiful, intelligent, graceful, desireable, etc.. ) for as long as anyone can remember? Yeah right..

? , I'm not attracted to White women; But that's because I like full lips, curvy figures, big ? , curly kinky hair, etc.. White women and Black women actually do have different features, generally; And I can detail why I have a tendency to gravitate towards brown women.

But beyond literal skin color, bright/light skinned and brown/dark skinned women don't look so different that a preference needs to be had. Mixed women are a diff story, but generally ? like lighter skinned women because Whitey has always told them that White/bright = Right.

I'ma ? around and start posting beautiful Brown women again so these ? can see how silly all this ? really is..