Charlamagne: Beyonce Could Surpass Michael Jackson One Day

Options

Comments

• rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LOL! He really did try to make it like everybody is out here singing irreplaceable in 2015. Look, Beyonce is the one of the biggest stars out here right now no doubt, but she ain't messing with MJ. People are still rocking with Mike's old music NOW! The times are different now with everybody being on some ADD type ? with music now. People move on way to quick from music now, this is partly why Beyonce can't be what MJ was. I mean hell you could argue that Taylor Swift is bigger than Beyonce today. We had a lot of stars back when Mike was in his prime but we all know that it was Michael Jackson and everybody else. Beyonce got some decent competition these days.
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Does Beyonce even have at least 1 classic album in her solo career nope!
  • onthafly
    onthafly Members Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wanna know what ? other than Charlamagne is seriously out here bumpin Beyonce albums.
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2015
    Options
  • BEAM
    BEAM Members Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Michael Jackson is a Timeless Icon.
    His music will be known and played Forvever, everywhere.

Beyonce is arguably the greatest performer ( not singer, not artist, not musician, not songwriter ) of this generation, who makes catchy singles / anthems ( not socially conscious or significant songs, mind you ) that're easy for women ( and ? , I guess.. ) to get behind.

The two are hardly comparable, tbh..
  • Kakarot
    Kakarot Members Posts: 303 ✭✭✭
    Options
    BEAM wrote: »

Beyonce is arguably the greatest performer ( not singer, not artist, not musician, not songwriter ) of this generation, who makes catchy singles / anthems ( not socially conscious or significant songs, mind you ) that're easy for women ( and ? , I guess.. ) to get behind.

I can still listen to Thriller and Off the wall.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beyonce is finished musically anyway....... dangerously in love is the only album of hers that's close to a classic......Idgaf bout hood rats repeating her ? Beyonce been hit or miss for some time now.......Mike the Gawd I'd slap the raccoon out of Charlamagne s face
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In all honesty, Beyonce is built up to be more than she actually is.

She can sing, but doesn't write and/or compose her own music.
    She can dance, but doesn't choreograph her own performances.

While she may be a big deal to my generation, comparatively, she'll never be Michael Jackson.

To be honest. She's bigger in the US than Europe.

Michael was a ? in Europe and Japan

Hold on wasnt in the US that people was running at his car and linin when he got out of the hospital?

He was a ? WORLDWIDE.
  • desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    Janet>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Beyonce

Music wise

I actually dig janet more so than mike

The Velvet Rope>>>
  • CapitalB
    Options
    Sion wrote: »

***DEVILS ADVOCATE POST***

I agree that Michael Jackson is the Undisputed Greatest Musician of ALL TIME imo at least, but he wasn't the greatest singer on Earth either and like Beyonce, most of his songs were written by Quincy Jones, James Ingram and many others. It was his stage presence that took him to the next level, he couldn't hit notes like a Smokey Robinson or Aretha Franklin or Barry White but none of them could perform like him either. A lot of his style too was shaped by Elvis and James Brown. Beyonce, borrowed from MJ and other influences too but she did have dance waves, the dance from crazy in love, the single ladies dance, etc.

Quincy Jones says it all the time that MJ didn't write most of his songs and that MJ after a certain point wasn't trying to harness his vocals the way he could have to make him a better singer. All he wanted to do was perform and live a second childhood.

They're not the same of course but they're not in-comparable either.....

Just keeping it real......

*scuttles away to avoid fruits thrown and counter arguments*

I SAID MJ IS THE UNDISPUTED GOAT MUSICIAN THO !!!!!!!

stopped reading @***DEVILS ADVOCATE POST***

@Sion aint nobody tryin to read that bruh!!!!
    there's. no. logical. argument.

even Melvin Tolson was like "damn.."
    so what u think u can say?? nah fam..
    i aint reading that ? ..

Music wise

I actually dig janet more so than mike

The Velvet Rope>>>

i hate u.
  • CapitalB
    Options
    I wish I saw T.Sanford's post first tho LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL cuz real talk how can we put Beyonce up against Mike when she can't even beat his sister ? I'd say that Beyonce and Janet are better comparisons, now those 2 you can see where Beyonce copied but MJ IMO is still the undisputed GOAT.....

Janet is worth more than Beyonce and Jay-Z combined and I think ended up marrying a prince or some sort of heir in the middle east.

exaaaaaactly....
    its like the Kobe argument..

how u go argue he's the next best to Jordan when he aint even the greatest Laker..

? be on that ? ..
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

shiiiiiid....Latoya >>>>>>>>Beyonce
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Charlamagne the fraud and dj Vlad strike again.
  • Ilike2get baked
    Ilike2get baked Members Posts: 879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why ? are even giving this convo any play is beyond me...somebody upload mj jumping through the floor during the Dangerous tour watch the crowd reaction and that should be that...
  • Thereal_ba
    Thereal_ba Members Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Didn't Billy ocean do the moonwalk first though. .
  • BenjaminE
    BenjaminE Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thereal_ba wrote: »
    Didn't Billy ocean do the moonwalk first though. .

Shalamar...
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    AP21 wrote: »

shiiiiiid....Latoya >>>>>>>>Beyonce

Letoya who??????
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Options
    In all honesty, Beyonce is built up to be more than she actually is.

She can sing, but doesn't write and/or compose her own music.
    She can dance, but doesn't choreograph her own performances.

While she may be a big deal to my generation, comparatively, she'll never be Michael Jackson.

To be honest. She's bigger in the US than Europe.

Michael was a ? in Europe and Japan

Hold on wasnt in the US that people was running at his car and linin when he got out of the hospital?

He was a ? WORLDWIDE.

I didn't say that.

He was a ? worldwide no doubt. I'm just saying that Beyonce doesn't have that international star power that MJ had.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wish I saw T.Sanford's post first tho LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL cuz real talk how can we put Beyonce up against Mike when she can't even beat his sister ? I'd say that Beyonce and Janet are better comparisons, now those 2 you can see where Beyonce copied but MJ IMO is still the undisputed GOAT.....

Janet is worth more than Beyonce and Jay-Z combined and I think ended up marrying a prince or some sort of heir in the middle east.
    Janet Jackson Is NOT A Billionaire
    Contrary to widely spread internet rumors, Janet Jackson is NOT a billionaire. Although she recently married Wissam Al Mana who is a billionaire Qatari retail tycoon. The idea that Janet was a billionaire stems to a misinterpretation of a May 2013 interview with Variety magazine. In the article, the author totals up all the gross revenue that has been generated by Janet's endeavors over the last 20 years. That included movie ticket sales, albums sales, merchandise, and more. The final number came to $1.2 billion. The article was also surrounded by advertisements congratulating Janet on being a "billion dollar entertainer". The combination of the article and the misleading advertisements snowballed into hundreds of blogs reporting that Janet's personal net worth had increased to over $1 billion. This is obviously false. The $1.2 billion number is gross revenue and has very little relation to Janet's personal bank account. Clearly she has made plenty of money off her successful career, but Janet is still $850 million away from being a billionaire.

http://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-celebrities/singers/janet-jackson/
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mj is the only person that literally "shut down the internet" and he did it twice. .. that ? tripping. ..