Police just shot an unarmed 17 year old in the back

Options
r.prince18
r.prince18 Members Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2015 in For The Grown & Sexy
justice-for-justus.jpg

Chicago area police officers just shot an unarmed 17-year-old boy in the back. Justus Howell was fatally shot by a Zion police officer on Sunday.

Police officials confirmed that Justus was shot in the back.

Witnesses suggest that police planted a gun on Justus, as they all say that he was completely unarmed at the time he was fleeing officers and when they shot him. Only after the fact did a gun “magically” appear at the crime scene.

Witnesses are unanimous in their agreement on this. There is not one person who saw the fatal shooting or the foot pursuit who claims that Justus was armed.

On Sunday, dozens of family and friends gathered at the scene of Saturday’s police shooting to remember Justus and call for justice.

Justus’s mother, LaToya Howell, said that her son wanted to go to medical school and become a surgeon.

“Justus was a young man murdered by Zion police,” she explained. “As he was fleeing from police, they killed my son. He couldn’t have been a threat if he was running.”

She has makes a strong case here. What threat was this youth if he was running? Are police going to claim that they were “fearing for their lives” in this case too?

For their part, the Zion Police say that someone called police about 1:55 p.m. on Saturday afternoon. They told the 911 operator that there was some sort of argument or fight and claimed they might have heard gunshots in the distance.

But police now know that no one was shot. The claims of gunshots appear to be dubious at best.

?
When the police arrived and approached Justus, he fled. Police ran after him and fatally shot him.

Michael Dizzone and his wife are neighbors who live directly across the street from the scene of the shooting.

Dizzone said his wife saw it all and there was no gun on Justus when he was shot.

“She saw him fall to the ground,” Dizzone explained.

His wife filled out an official report and emphasized that Justus was not armed.

Dizzone says that his wife “was really upset.”

Another neighbor, Bobbie Vaughn, said she ran to see what was happening and she saw Howell on the ground… unarmed. There was no gun in sight.

“I heard the officer tell the other officer, ‘I shot him,’ ” she recalls. “They were shaking him, but he didn’t move. He was on his stomach, so they turned him over and the police officer I was with gave him CPR.”

She claims there was no weapon the entire time she remained at the scene.

“I didn’t see a gun, no knife, nothing,” she said.

It seems clear at this point that the police planted the weapon at the scene once they had secured the location and removed witnesses.

(Article by Shante Wooten)

http://countercurrentnews.com/2015/04/police-just-17-year-old-in-the-back/

Comments