So Some Black Women Are Mad K. Dot's Dating A Light Skin

Options

Comments

• Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When does it leave attraction and goes to preference and then into influence under various sources
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BEAM wrote: »
    so why is this thread 10 pages???

you ? can't be seriously arguing this ?

? are trying to deny the reality of Colorism, and've created a good number of tangents in order to stay in denial.

realistically ? can acknowledge the reality of colorism and can still find light skin women attractive and be pro-black at the same time

and since beauty is in the eye of the beholder you really can't accuse someone of being susceptible to colorism when you don't know a person individually.............plus black people come in all sorts of shades of melanin, so to focus on colorism is a fool's errand when you are talking about relations between black folks
  • BEAM
    BEAM Members Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2015
    Options
    realistically ? can acknowledge the reality of colorism and can still find light skin women attractive and be pro-black at the same time

Never said anything to the contrary.

and since beauty is in the eye of the beholder you really can't accuse someone of being susceptible to colorism when you don't know a person individually.............plus black people come in all sorts of shades of melanin, so to focus on colorism is a fool's errand when you are talking about relations between black folks

Stop.

Colorism is a thing because far too many ? prefer brighter/lighter women "just because," because Colorism. It's impossible to know every ? and ask him, but we don't need to do that because Colorism is happening. We can see it; It's everywhere, all the time..

And of course, our women do come in all sorts of shapes and sizes, but to act as if all these ? ( men, really ) just happen to prefer brighter/lighter women "just because" while ( White ) Mass Media has been putting brighter/lighter women on a pedestal since day one, is naive and evidence of denial.

You're defending ? ' right to "like what they like," but many many men don't "like what they like," they like what they've been told their whole lives is more beautiful ( mixed/brighter/lighter women ).
  • blakfyahking
    Options

Never said anything to the contrary.

Stop.

Colorism is a thing because far too many ? prefer brighter/lighter women "just because," because Colorism. It's impossible to know every ? and ask him, but we don't need to do that because Colorism is happening. We can see it; It's everywhere, all the time..

And of course, our women do come in all sorts of shapes and sizes, but to act as if all these ? ( men, really ) just happen to prefer brighter/lighter women "just because" while ( White ) Mass Media has been putting brighter/lighter women on a pedestal since day one, is naive and evidence of denial.

they prefer light skin women based on what tho? you reaching bruh

don't tell me you believing in the same clouded imagery to justify your belief that ? are subject to colorism when we can all admit that there is an agenda being pushed forth

you can't talk about knowing somebody's preference based on a weak inference using the same faulty mass media as your foundation of evidence bruh

nobody really gives a ? about what white mass media is pushing unless you falling for the same mind tricks

case in point, by your logic you are basically saying light skin women are checking for dark skin brothers more than darker black women, so by your argument that means light skin women are more pro-black haha
  • LPast
    LPast Members Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I get preference... But

If a dark skinned woman is a 5... She ? ugly...

If a light skinned woman is a 5... She's straight...

What does preference have to do with this? They aren't being judged on the same scale.
  • BEAM
    edited April 2015
    Options
    they prefer light skin women based on what tho? you reaching bruh

.. Do you not know what Colorism is?

You think brighter/lighter women being heralded via Mass Media for as long as we can remember, and ? fawning over brighter/lighter women in droves as opposed to browner/darker femmes is pure coincidence? You think ? are ( and have been ) making this ? up?

I don't have to reach to see that this is happening, and has been happening for a very long time..

don't tell me you believing in the same clouded imagery to justify your belief that ? are subject to colorism when we can all admit that there is an agenda being pushed forth

The agenda is Colorism, not creating the illusion of Colorism.
    I mean really, are you even being serious right now?

you can't talk about knowing somebody's preference based on a weak inference using the same faulty mass media as your foundation of evidence bruh

I'm not using Mass media as my foundation, I'm using the effects it's had on our people for decades as my foundation. What are you even talking about?

nobody really gives a ? about what white mass media is pushing unless you falling for the same mind tricks

case in point, by your logic you are basically saying light skin women are checking for dark skin brothers more than darker black women, so by your argument that means light skin women are more pro-black haha

Damn, you sound like @zombie, trying to give ? the credit of being impervious to Mass media.
    And no, I'm not citing an inverse relationship based on complexion, I'm citing that brighter/lighter women have always been put on a pedestal by the Media, and a lot of gullible ? have given in to that narrative.

I've literally been saying the same things for the past 5 pages now..
    I'm not sure how much clearer I can be. I've fleshed out this simple point as much as I can.
  • blakfyahking
    Options
    bruh we can continue arguing back and forth about the implications of colorism

I def acknowledge that it exists

my issue is that:

1) these dark skin women still getting ? /wifed regardless, so this colorism argument is more of a black female self-esteem issue than anything else

2) there's no way you can really distinguish if a dude got with his light skin wifey based on colorism or natural preference......it's actually possible for a black man to find all black women attractive.......especially if you trying to argue that women do the choosing.........I know you not gon say light skin women are choosing more than other women

3) people and their preferences are more complex than what mass media can influence....give your people a little more credit than that bruh

4) it's ? ? to devalue liking light skin women as if they aren't just as black as other black women of any shade.....that's the real danger of colorism
  • BEAM
    Options

my issue is that:

1) these dark skin women still getting ? /wifed regardless, so this colorism argument is more of a black female self-esteem issue than anything else

2) there's no way you can really distinguish if a dude got with his light skin wifey based on colorism or natural preference......it's actually possible for a black man to find all black women attractive.......especially if you trying to argue that women do the choosing.........I know you not gon say light skin women are choosing more than other women

3) people and their preferences are more complex than what mass media can influence....give your people a little more credit than that bruh

4) it's ? ? to devalue liking light skin women as if they aren't just as black as other black women of any shade.....that's the real danger of colorism

( 1 ) Sure, browner/darker women are still getting ? and wifed yes, They're women after all; But brighter/lighter women are preferred by a sizable number of men, globally, and it's been this way for a long while. Not because there are more brighter/lighter women, or because brighter/lighter women are just naturally more attractive ( because liking ass, for example, and liking a certain skin tone aren't the same thing at all ), but largely because ( White ) Mass Media has always put brighter/lighter women on a pedestal.

( 2 ) Brighter/lighter women have a larger pool to choose from, because more men are checking for them. And again, you tryna act as if not having archived interviews of every ? that's ever liked a bytch somehow disproves Colorism. It doesn't, because we don't need verbal confessions. This isn't Law & Order, this is every day life. We can and have been able to see what ? like / who they chase forever now.. It's brighter/lighter women..

( 3 ) I'm not taking anything away from anyone. But I'm just also not going to sit up here and act like ? are outright non-susceptible to the effects of a message that gets communicated via television, video, radio, and audio every day, all day, all year..

As @LPast said, a browner/darker 5/10 is considered ugly, but a brighter/lighter 5/10 ? can work with. Why is that?

( 4 ) And for the umpteenth time, I haven't devalued liking brighter/lighter women, or suggested that they should be shamed. You ? are pulling that out of thin air.

And don't resort to attempting to demonize my having a discussion with you. If you don't want to have a discourse, bail. But trying to make "arguing" out to be something that's somehow unnecessary after you've entered a discussion is childish.
  • blakfyahking
    Options

my issue is that:

( 1 ) Sure, browner/darker women are still getting ? and wifed yes, They're women after all; But brighter/lighter women are preferred by a sizable number of men, globally, and it's been this way for a long while. Not because there are more brighter/lighter women, or because brighter/lighter women are just naturally more attractive ( because liking ass, for example, and liking a certain skin tone aren't the same thing at all ), but largely because ( White ) Mass Media has always put brighter/lighter women on a pedestal.

( 2 ) Brighter/lighter women have a larger pool to choose from, because more men are checking for them. And again, you tryna act as if not having archived interviews of every ? that's ever liked a bytch somehow disproves Colorism. It doesn't, because we don't need verbal confessions. This isn't Law & Order, this is every day life. We can and have been able to see what ? like / who they chase forever now.. It's brighter/lighter women..

( 3 ) I'm not taking anything away from anyone. But I'm just also not going to sit up here and act like ? are outright non-susceptible to the effects of a message that gets communicated via television, video, radio, and audio every day, all day, all year..

As @LPast said, a browner/darker 5/10 is considered ugly, but a brighter/lighter 5/10 ? can work with. Why is that?

( 4 ) And for the umpteenth time, I haven't devalued liking brighter/lighter women, or suggested that they should be shamed. You ? are pulling that out of thin air.

And don't resort to attempting to demonize my having a discussion with you. If you don't want to have a discourse, bail. But trying to make "arguing" out to be something that's somehow unnecessary after you've entered a discussion is childish.

my dude you still don't see the glarin flaws in your argument

1) where is your evidence that the preference is still more for lighter women if you can honestly acknowledge that all shades of women are still getting ? ..........I find it hard to believe there is a some dude somewhere married to a dark skin woman and still secretly salty that he didn't wife a redbone

2) once again, based on what? I've seen plenty of females get curved everyday, but never cause shorty wasn't bright enough.....where are these colorstruck negros you talmbout except for in the media.........the same media that black folks rarely control

3) @Lpast's comment is based on what tho? a 5 is still a 5 bruh no matter what complexion she is.........however you giving mass media more credit.......they show ? imagery and liberal mofos like to argue all the time that the emergence of ? images will not influence a straight ? 's choices because homosexuality is not a choice........but now you gon try to argue at the same time that a ? 's choice in the type of women he likes is subject to change because of the projection of images in the same source of media? that makes no sense

4) my dude, ironically colorism is what you are susceptible to whenever you act like there is a problem for a black man to like a black woman of ANY shade.......the implications of what you are saying are still just as harmful to black folks.....you're promoting division instead of unity
  • BEAM
    Options
    @blakfyahking

You're in denial.

Not only that, but you're asking for unnecessary evidence that's unobtainable in the form you're requesting it, all while outright while denying the preferential treatment brighter/lighter women get.

And while Mass Media may not be able to change a ? 's sexual orientation, but it sure has warped what about their sexual preference they're attracted to. Case and point ~ COLORISM, because ? aren't just happening to prefer brighter/lighter women, just because. Largely it's due to influence, not preference..

The only division I've spoken on is that which is promoted by Colorism. Beyond that, you're misinterpreting something that's resulting in an incorrect accusation. I'm saying that browner/darker women should be heralded and showcased in the same ways that brighter/lighter women are; But first, we've got to recognize and do away with why that's not already happening..

You know what, let's just agree to disagree, because frankly, you're don't seem to have a firm grasp on this issue at all.
  • blakfyahking
    Options
    @blakfyahking

You're in denial.

Not only that, but you're asking for unnecessary evidence that's unobtainable in the form you're requesting it, all while outright while denying the preferential treatment brighter/lighter women get.

And while Mass Media may not be able to change a ? 's sexual orientation, but it sure has warped what about their sexual preference they're attracted to. Case and point ~ COLORISM, because ? aren't just happening to prefer brighter/lighter women, just because. Largely it's due to influence, not preference..

The only division I've spoken on is that which is promoted by Colorism. Beyond that, you're misinterpreting something that's resulting in an incorrect accusation. I'm saying that browner/darker women should be heralded and showcased in the same ways that brighter/lighter women are; But first, we've got to recognize and do away with why that's not already happening..

You know what, let's just agree to disagree, because frankly, you're don't seem to have a firm grasp on this issue at all.

I could say the same to you as well.....because without some kind of tangible evidence, what are we talking about beside someone's biased feelings?

cause the only preferences that would apply would be the ones offered by white folks

but since this is a thread about a black man supposedly checking for a light skin black woman, I don't see how a discussion of white-proffered benefits are relevant at all

bottom line is the discussion should be why do our dark skin sisters feel so insecure vs. why brothers are allegedly only checking for light skin sisters........your argument of a black man's preference for yellabones just simply doesn't exist

yet you choose to just parrot what white media has trained you to think/say

never in my life had I ever heard a ? be with a dark skin sister and lament that she wasn't redboned enough

now I'm bout to go google Briana Bette and bask in her chocolate glory hah
  • PapaDoc223
    PapaDoc223 Members Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2015
    Options
    What about the dark skin women who prefer light skin ? with green eyes? Chuck makes it clear she prefers light skin men but I dont get mad and cause a fuss about it. I know alot of darksin women that prefer light skin ? . So are they perpetuating colorism?
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    PapaDoc223 wrote: »
    What about the dark skin women who prefer light skin ? with green eyes? Chuck makes it clear she prefers light skin men but I dont get mand and cause a fuzz. I know alot of darksin women that prefer light skin ? . So are they perpetuating colorism?

Exactly .. Dark skin ? aint crying colorism.
    We just get fly; physically, mentally, spirtually n we keep it pushing.
    Whether women find us attractive r not.We, like us.
    thats why eventually, the ? come flocking... That's life.

We not shooting videos and calling ,insert random black female celebrity, with light/white boy friends , a wrench.

I never seen Serena Willams n Rhianna with a dark skinned brotha, but Im still finna hit both in the future ya dig

That's self love, n confidence ? .

There's no excuse for how that brawd acted, in her tweets n video.
    Especially towards a ? like Kendrick. one of the few rappers who go out his way , to show dark skin sistas love.
    Thats ass backward, crab in a barrell ? .
    That ? a goofy looking cornball for that.

N what the ? is a dark skin activists???
    aint that creating division?
    Whats next? a light skin activist?
    Or a, I aint that light but i aint that dark, activist?

That ? is poisonous.
    ? that ? , n her greasy ass 4head
  • Kakarot
    Kakarot Members Posts: 303 ✭✭✭
    Options
    K. Dot's girl is probably the one who gave him the idea for the album.

She's probably extremely pro-black and conscious. But idiots would rather look at the surface, oh she's light.
  • The Hue
    The Hue Members Posts: 760 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yall see the different shades of black? These people are in the dirt because they were black, didn't matter if they were light skinned or dark skinned. I agree that colorism exists but the one true enemy doesn't give a ? who you wanna ? , they just want you dead. Colorism was created by the white man because he knew what it would do within the black community. Divide and conquer is an age old tactic. Remember these faces and let's go to war with the real enemy. This dark skinned versus light skinned ? gotta stop.

ac6qxuw3ogsc6chngc5o.jpg
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LPast wrote: »
    I'm not sure what the argument right now but it's a fact that people judge light skinned women on a curve due to their complexion.

I see it in real life, TV, and illpix.

At least part of the problem is the messenger. If an attractive dark woman said the stuff it might be taken more seriously. But often times, the chicks complaining wouldn't be attractive no matter what their shade is yet they always pin all their problems on that.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ron Davis III has it right.
  • desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »
    What about the dark skin women who prefer light skin ? with green eyes? Chuck makes it clear she prefers light skin men but I dont get mand and cause a fuzz. I know alot of darksin women that prefer light skin ? . So are they perpetuating colorism?

We not shooting videos and calling ,insert random black female celebrity, with light/white boy friends , a wrench.

I never seen Serena Willams n Rhianna with a dark skinned brotha, but Im still finna hit both in the future ya dig

You're making it seem as the though dark girls are the only ones with the problem

And that they fell into a ditch, the majority of ppl managed to avoid

Nah bruh

This is about more than just a few hurt feelings and goes beyond the plight of dark skinned girls

Studies have shown that ppl of diff races subconsciously associate lighter skin tones with positive characteristics and darker skin with negative sterotypes

Could explain why darker skinned female inmates receive harsher sentencing than their lighter skinned counterparts

Or why employers favor lighter skinned men over darker skinned men

Surveys have also shown that blk ppl who described themselves as being light skinned projected higher incomes, greater years of education and also aspired to more prestigious jobs versus their darker skinned counterparts

My point being the solution to colorism isn't as easy as advising dark women to just man up

Ignoring the issue obviously won't help either

• onthafly
    onthafly Members Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2015
    Options
    AggyAF wrote: »
    housemouse wrote: »
    Fact, we live in a society that worships anything white or close to it

The darker you are the less attractive and the less intellectual u are

Subsequently being light skinned became the standard of beauty for many blacks and Latinos

Kdot himself even acknowledged himself that the world needs reminding the black beauty comes in all shades

That's reason why he went out his way to recast the lead for the "Poetic Justice" video ... Choosing a darker skinned model over the fairer skinned girl that had previously been cast by the director

So while ol girls anger is obviously misdirected, she is one of the people kendricks casting decision was meant to reach

But obviously one video alone can't reverse the narrative or undo the racism she has internalized

@desertrain10
    Imo, your view is the most insightful on this topic, you're a black, dark skinned female. You can go in layers i cant.

what is your indepth analysis on this whole topic ?

Whats your take on Kendrick marrying a lighter complexion girl?

And what's your take in dark blk men n lighter women in general?

Do u agree/ disagree with the activist?

What's your analysis of her from watching the video below?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNxnUg0n-Zk

First I gotta say Kendrick or anyone can date who they want ... I have no problem with it, well as long as that person isn't downing anyone in the process

And I could be wrong but just from watching the video she seems like she's just trying to stir up some controversy for youtube hits

At the end of the day that doesn't make colorism any less real

And while I haven't experienced any negativity first hand, as a kid I seen how my darker skinned friends especially the females were teased about their skin color and how it lead them to having a poor self image

In highschool and beyond teasing wasn't so much a problem ... But one couldn't help but notice the guys gravitating more towards lighter skinned girls

Actually for some blk guys I know with dating lighter skinned girls both blk and white was a not only a preference but a step up

Not to mention you have blk entertainers and rappers declaring that they dont date dark girls while simultaneously parading around a bunch of racially ambiguous girls

Than when turning to the media, theres always limited or no depictions of beautiful dark skinned women further perpetuating this narrative that dark skin is unattractive

I can def see how it can a persons appearance can be a source of self doubt, pain

And just from peeping how my niece avoids the sun in the summer

I feel it's worth discussing the relationship between preference, self esteem, and the role popular/culture media has played in disseminating the ideal of light skin globally

like who?

lil wayne who has sold millions of records and is arguably one the most popular blk entertainers the last 5, 10 years

Not only that

It seems like every other song a rapper is voicing his affinity for red and yellow bones

i knew you'd say lil wayne. but besides him, what entertainers and rappers have openly declared they don't date black girls??

Young Berg said he doesn't like Dark Butts referring to dark skinned women.

So black women look up to Lil Wayne and Young Berg as male role models? Do you understand how dumb that argument sounds ?

I never said anything about black women looking up to them. You asked for an example of rappers/entertainers saying they preferred light skinned women as if nobody has ever said that and then you were given examples. You then proceeded to shoot down the examples provided by me and other people. I don't even remember or care what the initial conversation was about. Just answering your question.
  • BEAM
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I could say the same to you as well.....because without some kind of tangible evidence, what are we talking about beside someone's biased feelings?

cause the only preferences that would apply would be the ones offered by white folks

but since this is a thread about a black man supposedly checking for a light skin black woman, I don't see how a discussion of white-proffered benefits are relevant at all

bottom line is the discussion should be why do our dark skin sisters feel so insecure vs. why brothers are allegedly only checking for light skin sisters........your argument of a black man's preference for yellabones just simply doesn't exist

yet you choose to just parrot what white media has trained you to think/say

never in my life had I ever heard a ? be with a dark skin sister and lament that she wasn't redboned enough

now I'm bout to go google Briana Bette and bask in her chocolate glory hah

The effects that White Mass Media's promoting of this "Whiter/Lighter = Righter" mentality, just one of those being ? gravitating towards brighter/lighter women, is the evidence. You're asking for evidence for the evidence..

Our browner/darker skinned women aren't "insecure," they're aware of the effects Colorism is having in our relationships and our communities; But you're trying to act as if none of this is happening, because you're ignoring the clear, visible evidence..

And I'm not parroting anything. White Mass Media isn't telling us that we prefer brighter/lighter women, it's putting brighter/lighter women on a pedestal, portraying them as more beautiful, more graceful, more intelligent, more desirable, etc, which has brainwashed a lot of men to look at brighter/lighter women as such. It's rather simple, actually..

Again, you're not seeing this issue clearly.
    But Briana Bette is a bad bytch, so at least you're not part of the problem. ^_^
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My 2 cents: anyone that subscribe's to the media's promotion of anything is a ? idiot! You don't HAVE to be brainwashed and defending this ? for 11 pages is stupid. Quit making excuses for people that are ignorant by volition.
  • onthafly
    onthafly Members Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    chiyosuke wrote: »
    My 2 cents: anyone that subscribe's to the media's promotion of anything is a ? idiot! You don't HAVE to be brainwashed and defending this ? for 11 pages is stupid. Quit making excuses for people that are ignorant by volition.

If there's one thing that life and my job has taught me it's that the masses are ignorant.
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You're making it seem as the though dark girls are the only ones with the problem

Nah bruh

This is about more than just a few hurt feelings and goes beyond the plight of dark skinned girls

Studies have shown that ppl of diff races subconsciously associate lighter skin tones with positive characteristics and darker skin with negative sterotypes

Could explain why darker skinned female inmates receive harsher sentencing than their lighter skinned counterparts

Surveys have also shown that blk ppl who described themselves as being light skinned projected higher incomes, greater years of education and also aspired to more prestigious jobs versus their darker skinned counterparts

My point being the solution to colorism isn't as easy as advising dark women to just man up

after all thats said, what u think darkskinned Ppl should do????

A discussion would b great.
    But in the mean time, while talking, what should we do?

My thing is, whether there's a discussion r not. we got to keep it pushing.
    Like Wale say, Gabos. Game aint based on sympathy.
    Feeling Sorry for our selves wont accomplish ? .

Everybody is not gonna find u attractive. Thats life . If a job is
    frontin on u, cause u dark. o well on to the next one. ? dont stop.

If u have confidence = self love, then u r not gonna trip if person x dont find u attractive. Or if ya employers rather
    have a lighter employee. Just keep doing ya thing.Just keep pushing

5.u can't control how ppl feel about U
    But , u can control how u feel about your self.
    Love your skin, love yourself .enjoy yourself .u only got one life to live .don't let the world take your your joy.

Them steps i listed will have ppl fighting through the odds. Thats why Us black ppl are still here. After all the ? we been through
    Light, dark, mediUM. we're fighters, n we been fighting. N we gon continue fighting. Its time we get some wins Tho.
    ? the world if they cant adjust, ima still do my thing.
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Nah bruh

after all thats said, what u think darkskinned Ppl should do????

A discussion would b great.
    But in the mean time, while talking, what should we do?

My thing is, whether there's a discussion r not. we got to keep it pushing.
    Like Wale say, Gabos. Game aint based on sympathy.
    Feeling Sorry for our selves wont accomplish ? .

Everybody is not gonna find u attractive. Thats life . If a job is
    frontin on u, cause u dark. o well on to the next one. ? dont stop.

If u have confidence = self love, then u r not gonna trip if person x dont find u attractive. Or if ya employers rather
    have a lighter employee. Just keep doing ya thing.Just keep pushing

5.u can't control how ppl feel about U
    But , u can control how u feel about your self.
    Love your skin, love yourself .enjoy yourself .u only got one life to live .don't let the world take your your joy.

Them steps i listed will have ppl fighting through the odds. Thats why Us black ppl are still here. After all the ? we been through
    Light, dark, mediUM. we're fighters, n we been fighting. N we gon continue fighting. Its time we get some wins Tho.
    ? the world if they cant adjust, ima still do my thing.
    Meh...
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    housemouse wrote: »

If there's one thing that life and my job has taught me it's that the masses are ignorant.
    You don't have to be "ignorant" to be influenced by the media ...you ? are forgetting that you weren't born into this world as the vigilant aware and observant gentleman that I'm sure you are today ....at One point ..you Were a YOUNG naive ...impressionable ...child ...and The things that are subconsciously or overtly introduced to you at that age often don't erase themselves unless you make a concerted effort to do so ...or unless you grew up around people who could counteract certain negative messages