ThaNubianGod Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    Biggie was average.

Pac made records that moved ppl.

Songs that real > Saying a bunch of words

Nas is nice though.

biggie was just "saying a bunch of words"? wow smh
    It's true though, Biggie didn't really say ? .

just because a rapper isnt social or political doesnt mean they dont say ?
    Ushering in the materialistic era of rap with Puff isn't talkin about ? . Talking like you're a ladie's man when you're a fat ugly looking dude, is not talking real ? because if Big was broke.......we know what kind of hoes he would be simping after. Talking about fantasies of shooting people up like you're Capone is not talkin ? .
  • a_list
    a_list Members Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thought this ? was common knowledge....
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nas is better than them both.
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lyrically, yeah both were better but 2pac made better songs and connected with people way more, including myself

2pac remains the GOAT..... I've been listening to hip hop for over 15 years now and I say this with confidence. And Nas has never made an album better then 7 Day Theory or Me Against the World. Same with Biggie.

There's a reason Nas and Biggie aren't ? with 2pac's fanbase worldwide, it's much bigger then Nas' or Biggie's fanbase, by A LOT........trust me, I travel

I've been listening to Hip Hop for over 30 years now and I can say this with confidence; Biggie is a better rapper than Tupac.

Tupac had the GOAT work ethic which is why he has so much more material, but a lot of Tupac's songs sound the same and have the same overall message/theme. He repeats the same thing over and over again (Hennessey, Enemy, Pennetentary).

As far as rapping ability goes, Big could rap circles around Tupac ( Real ? Do Real Things, One More Chance (Remix), 10 ? Commandments, I Got A story To Tell) .

PAC was no slouch. I'm not saying he's wack but Big was a better rapper.
  • Antwuan89
    Antwuan89 Members Posts: 936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »
    Lyrically, yeah both were better but 2pac made better songs and connected with people way more, including myself

2pac remains the GOAT..... I've been listening to hip hop for over 15 years now and I say this with confidence. And Nas has never made an album better then 7 Day Theory or Me Against the World. Same with Biggie.

There's a reason Nas and Biggie aren't ? with 2pac's fanbase worldwide, it's much bigger then Nas' or Biggie's fanbase, by A LOT........trust me, I travel

I've been listening to Hip Hop for over 30 years now and I can say this with confidence; Biggie is a better rapper than Tupac.

Tupac had the GOAT work ethic which is why he has so much more material, but a lot of Tupac's songs sound the same and have the same overall message/theme. He repeats the same thing over and over again (Hennessey, Enemy, Pennetentary).

As far as rapping ability goes, Big could rap circles around Tupac ( Real ? Do Real Things, One More Chance (Remix), 10 ? Commandments, I Got A story To Tell) .

This post made my night, Thank you 5 Grand.
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And the never ending debate continues......
  • KLICHE
    KLICHE Members Posts: 5,061 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Oh so we're talking lyrically...

Well being a Pac fan over NAS and Biggie, I think NAS ? on Biggie n PAc lyrically.

Neither of them touching NAS.

• kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I get what you saying but 2pac was more versatile on his subject matter if you've listened enough to his albums. Biggie was not as versatile on his subject matter. How many songs does Biggie have like Brenda's Got A Baby or White Man's World??? I get Biggie died early but he still dropped a good amount of material and for all of his ability, he wasn't as versatile on his subject matter. 2pac could write songs on ANY subject, Biggie seemed to struggle when it comes to rapping about deep topics, minus a few great songs of course.

The emotion 2pac put into his songs is incredible and I've yet to hear any rapper emulate that. I can't imagine Biggie making a deep song like White Man's World or Dear Mama.....I like Biggie but he was very materialistic, 2pac seemed to be on another level of consciousness, and it's why people connect more to 2pac's music overall.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Say What wrote: »
    Antwuan89 wrote: »
    Biggie was average.

Nas is nice though.

Try listening to Things Done Changed, Miss U, Sky's The Limit, Juicy.

Biggie made a ton of songs that were real and songs you can relate to.

That's the problem he didn't make a ton of songs

I agree but we heard you the first 3 times dog
  • Say What
    Say What Members Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Biggie was average.

Nas is nice though.

I agree but we heard you the first 3 times dog

I said the same thing. I did it on mobile & didn't see it until the last time it posted.
  • Original_Skin
    Original_Skin Members Posts: 276 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Biggie was average.

Nas is nice though.

*funk master flex bomb*
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Drake ? on Biggie IMO
  • uncommonsense
    uncommonsense Members Posts: 475 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ya' mommy, daddy, auntie, and great grandparents could listen to a Pac' song relate, comprehend his lyrics, and feel the soul in his music.

I ? with Nas and Big tough, but you couldn't say the same for them.
  • 5 Grand
    Options

I get what you saying but 2pac was more versatile on his subject matter if you've listened enough to his albums. Biggie was not as versatile on his subject matter. How many songs does Biggie have like Brenda's Got A Baby or White Man's World??? I get Biggie died early but he still dropped a good amount of material and for all of his ability, he wasn't as versatile on his subject matter. 2pac could write songs on ANY subject, Biggie seemed to struggle when it comes to rapping about deep topics, minus a few great songs of course.

The emotion 2pac put into his songs is incredible and I've yet to hear any rapper emulate that. I can't imagine Biggie making a deep song like White Man's World or Dear Mama.....I like Biggie but he was very materialistic, 2pac seemed to be on another level of consciousness, and it's why people connect more to 2pac's music overall.

People always say that 2Pac was "more conscious" and "had a wider range". They say, "Pac was more versatile".

But if you listen to the second half of Pac's catalog (the stuff he recorded on Death Row) A lot of those songs sound the same. Not necessarily All Eyes On Me or 7 Day Theory, but all of those leftover songs that got released when he died. I'm talking about the stuff on Until The End of Time, Better Days, Loyal To The Game and Pac's Life. All of those albums are just recycled ideas with the same Hennessey/enemy/penitentiary flow. The way he stretches out the letter "E" to "EEEEEE" was cool on Dear Mama but it got played out by the time 7 Day Theory was released.

Biggie was a storyteller who could rap circles around Pac. Even if you listen to Hit Em Up, Pac's rhymes are basic ("? You") I'm sure Big could have dismantled Pac on wax but Pac died before Big could execute a proper response.

Yeah Pac made good music but that doesn't make him the GOAT MC and there's dozens of MCs that can rap better than Pac. They might not have a better discography, but they can rap better.
  • bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

People always say that 2Pac was "more conscious" and "had a wider range". They say, "Pac was more versatile".

But if you listen to the second half of Pac's catalog (the stuff he recorded on Death Row) A lot of those songs sound the same. Not necessarily All Eyes On Me or 7 Day Theory, but all of those leftover songs that got released when he died. I'm talking about the stuff on Until The End of Time, Better Days, Loyal To The Game and Pac's Life. All of those albums are just recycled ideas with the same Hennessey/enemy/penitentiary flow. The way he stretches out the letter "E" to "EEEEEE" was cool on Dear Mama but it got played out by the time 7 Day Theory was released.

Biggie was a storyteller who could rap circles around Pac. Even if you listen to Hit Em Up, Pac's rhymes are basic ("? You") I'm sure Big could have dismantled Pac on wax but Pac died before Big could execute a proper response.

Yeah Pac made good music but that doesn't make him the GOAT MC and there's dozens of MCs that can rap better than Pac. They might not have a better discography, but they can rap better.

they were left over songs for that exact reason, your aware of that right? if someone records 3 tracks a day then the emotions and topics will carry over, then the best ones hit the albums and the other ones dont...a lot of artists do this including the beatles

with that said until the end of time still has more diversity of topics than either of biggies albums

• 5 Grand
    Options
    bck145 wrote: »

they were left over songs for that exact reason, your aware of that right? if someone records 3 tracks a day then the emotions and topics will carry over, then the best ones hit the albums and the other ones dont...a lot of artists do this including the beatles

with that said until the end of time still has more diversity of topics than either of biggies albums

Until The End of Time may have had "more diversity" but Biggie is still a better rapper.

When I was coming up there was a group called The Disposable Heroes of Hypocrisy. They were supposed to be an alternative rap group that spoke on socio-political concepts. Their range was diverse but the production was lame and they couldn't rap. That's why you've probably never heard of them.

Here's a song they did;

Television: The Drug of a Nation - Disposable Heroes of Hypocrisy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5i49c7g6iUo

^^^^ The song's pretty wack imo but my point is they were socio-political, more so than Biggie. But regardless of subject matter, or lack thereof, Biggie can rap circles around these guys and makes better music.

So whenever somebody says 2Pac had these socio-political songs that speak on the ills of society, consider that the Disposable Heroes of Hypocrisy made socio-political music too but that doesn't make it any good.

The bottom line is; Who can rap the best? and when we're discussing Pac vs Big the undisputed fact is that Big's flow was better because of his mastery of cadence and wordplay.
  • bck145
    edited April 2015
    Options

Until The End of Time may have had "more diversity" but Biggie is still a better rapper.

When I was coming up there was a group called The Disposable Heroes of Hypocrisy. They were supposed to be an alternative rap group that spoke on socio-political concepts. Their range was diverse but the production was lame and they couldn't rap. That's why you've probably never heard of them.

Here's a song they did;

^^^^ The song's pretty wack imo but my point is they were socio-political, more so than Biggie. But regardless of subject matter, or lack thereof, Biggie can rap circles around these guys and makes better music.

So whenever somebody says 2Pac had these socio-political songs that speak on the ills of society, consider that the Disposable Heroes of Hypocrisy made socio-political music too but that doesn't make it any good.

The bottom line is; Who can rap the best? and when we're discussing Pac vs Big the undisputed fact is that Big's flow was better because of his mastery of cadence and wordplay.

yeah thats disagree on my end, pac had better delivery, more meaningful lyrics, better subject matter, and more emotion....biggie was just a typical rapper from new york, flow and lyrics are just on par with everyone else from that time

but the debate could go on forever, i just prefer having someone making music that has someone heart behind it and felt like they believed in it, biggie was just rapping about the same stuff everyone else was, it's why his style is so much easier to copy off of
  • 5 Grand
    Options

Here's a song they did;

yeah thats disagree on my end, pac had better delivery, more meaningful lyrics, better subject matter, and more emotion....biggie was just a typical rapper from new york, flow and lyrics are just on par with everyone else from that time

but the debate could go on forever, i just prefer having someone making music that has someone heart behind it and felt like they believed in it, biggie was just rapping about the same stuff everyone else was, it's why his style is so much easier to copy off of

@ the bolded. That simply isn't true. Big was a storyteller and nobody could tell a story with the same detail and imagination. In addition to his storytelling abilities he had a sick cadence and delivery that made him the top MC in his era.
  • bck145
    edited April 2015
    Options

Here's a song they did;

@ the bolded. That simply isn't true. Big was a storyteller and nobody could tell a story with the same detail and imagination. In addition to his storytelling abilities he had a sick cadence and delivery that made him the top MC in his era.

ehh storytelling is just a tiny piece of the puzzle, doesn't make someone the best of a era

everything your saying big is good at, nas is either better at it or right there

but pac is a better rapper than both
  • Soloman_The_Wise
    Soloman_The_Wise Members Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pac is clearly better than both.

Biggie didn't talk about much of importance at all in his songs. He was a fat ? acting like he was some kind of ladies man, and spent way too much time collaborating with Puff Dragon and the ? Preacher. Who even plays Biggie's songs anymore? ? sounds dated and a bit corny

Nas is better lyrically, but always had trouble putting out consistent songs. People able to rap is nice, but if the music composition is very average, i don't care. Nas peaked on his 1st album.

Pac on the otherhand, has music that stands the test of time, actual messages, and complete albums.

Pac >>>>>>>>Nas>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Biggie

Biggie isn't even in my Top 10, off the top of my head, in no particlar order....

Cube
    Pac
    Nas
    Em
    Camel
    Rakim
    BDK
    Andre 3000
    Snoop
    Scarface
    Mos Def
    Luda
    LL
    and others were better than Big

Damn you got these kats deep in their feelings with this post lmfbao...
  • 5 Grand
    Options

Here's a song they did;

ehh storytelling is just a tiny piece of the puzzle, doesn't make someone the best of a era

everything your saying big is good at, nas is either better at it or right there

You keep saying Pac is a better rapper.

Pac isn't a better rapper. Biggie's wordplay was more flamboyant, his cadence was impeccable, his storytelling abilities were unmatched by anyone in his era. He made feel good party songs but he also created an alter-ego. Frank White, the drug dealer. There wasn't anybody in Hip Hop (or rap music) that could go into detail about selling drugs or being a drug dealer like Big.

Sure NWA, the Geto Boys and Above The law cursed a lot, but they didn't create alter egos. They didn't create a character that was the neighborhood drug dealer/kingpin. Big saw what NWA and them were doing and took it to the extreme. He even made a song called, "10 ? Commandments".

There's certain literary techniques that English scholars use to discuss literature; double entendres, metaphors, similis, alliteration, anthropomorphism, hyperbole, cadence, etc.

^^^^^Big used those literary techniques in his rhyme schemes. You can actually take pieces of Biggie's rhymes and analyze them from a literary perspective. Sure you could do the same with Pac but Big used those literary techniques moreso than 2Pac.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Big was no differen from a lot of ? that was rapping in NY

Nas is much better then.
    I can name bout 20 more dudes from NYC that's better the biggie.
  • smp4life
    smp4life Members Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Here's a song they did;

I thought the Disposable Heroes of Hip-Hopprissey album was quite good. The group split up and became Spearhead. A little more soulful and reggae-ish than techno/industrial.
  • bck145
    edited April 2015
    Options

Here's a song they did;

You keep saying Pac is a better rapper.

Pac isn't a better rapper. Biggie's wordplay was more flamboyant, his cadence was impeccable, his storytelling abilities were unmatched by anyone in his era. He made feel good party songs but he also created an alter-ego. Frank White, the drug dealer. There wasn't anybody in Hip Hop (or rap music) that could go into detail about selling drugs or being a drug dealer like Big.

Sure NWA, the Geto Boys and Above The law cursed a lot, but they didn't create alter egos. They didn't create a character that was the neighborhood drug dealer/kingpin. Big saw what NWA and them were doing and took it to the extreme. He even made a song called, "10 ? Commandments".

There's certain literary techniques that English scholars use to discuss literature; double entendres, metaphors, similis, alliteration, anthropomorphism, hyperbole, cadence, etc.

^^^^^Big used those literary techniques in his rhyme schemes. You can actually take pieces of Biggie's rhymes and analyze them from a literary perspective. Sure you could do the same with Pac but Big used those literary techniques moreso than 2Pac.

lol ok? makaveli > frank white

tupac expressed himself better on song and got actual points out his music that matter, a lot of which could be used today

how many ppl before and after can rap about being a drug kingpin, it's cliche

but we aren't going to agree on this, your basing a good rapper on words he uses and i'm basing it on how the words are expressed and used