Is it safe to say Curren$y >Lil Wayne

Options

Comments

• MontyM.Max
    MontyM.Max Members Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man i done heard Wiz murder Spitta on 75% of the songs they done together. And Wiz really aint ? in the grand scheme of things. This is a borderline troll thread.
  • KamPushMe
    KamPushMe Members Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Curren$y
    ? said "this is lil Wayne we're talkin about here"
    Exactly, ? !
    I'm so high I could eat a star lil Wayne
    I'm on like the TV lil Wayne
    Real g's move in silence like lasagna lil Wayne
    The f is phenomenal lil Wayne
    I could go on for weeks

http://www.laweekly.com/music/top-60-worst-lil-wayne-lines-on-tha-carter-iv-2406683
  • KamPushMe
    KamPushMe Members Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Curren$y
    MontyM.Max wrote: »
    Man i done heard Wiz murder Spitta on 75% of the songs they done together. And Wiz really aint ? in the grand scheme of things. This is a borderline troll thread.

You need to get ears check ?
  • MontyM.Max
    Options
    KamPushMe wrote: »

You need to get ears check ?

Maybe fam. Ima play they collabs while i dig in this zip and come back to it
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lil Wayne
    Exactly, ? !
    I could go on for weeks

Ain't you a Biggie fan?
  • BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Curren$y
    I liked life after death
    If that makes me a fan so be it
    What does that have to do with this thread?
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

gudda gudda>>>wiz, u cant be serious
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    BEAM wrote: »
    Spitta's work ethic and ear for beats are what's gotten him this far. He's a mediocre rapper, tbh.

this is what is killin me

cuz yall say the same exact ? about wayne

IN HIS PRIME!!

the hypocrisy.
  • geechiedanbuford214
    geechiedanbuford214 Members Posts: 456 ✭✭✭
    Options
    What are his top 3 r 4 tapes? Never really fucced with him since he left young money
  • power_wisdom
    power_wisdom Members Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Curren$y
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    Exactly, ? !
    I could go on for weeks

Ain't you a Biggie fan?

Wtf. Big was better than Wayne too. You Wayne stan are ass backwards. You probably think it was a mafia thing when Toche was smooching Baby too. But call Young Thug ? .
    (Which he is)
  • MontyM.Max
    Options

gudda gudda>>>wiz, u cant be serious

Most people would agree that Wiz>>>Spitta is more believable than Spitta>>>Wayne. K&Oj>>>whatever Spitta project you name is more believable than anything Currency made being better than C1&2 or D1&2. Not saying its true...but its more realistic.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    edited April 2015
    Options
    but thats the thing, nobody is sayin anything spitta made is better than c1 c2 d1 or d2. we're sayin spitta music right now has surpassed wayne music. wayne had bangers but i cant listen to none of his mixtapes more than once these days. and wiz dropped rolling papers, that ? automatically out the discussion, wiz more comparable to MIMS.

Kush and OJ one of the most overrated tapes ever anyway. only thing that was great for was exposing Big Krit to a wider audience.
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Curren$y
    I think Spitta's flow and delivery is what makes it hard to pick out his lyrics. sure they aren't super advanced level lyrical, but they're above average. unfortunately he raps with a mumble kinda flow so you only hear certain words, usually weed, jets, women, cars, etc.
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Curren$y
    yall cant sit here and say spitta redundant and not wayne mane im sorry lol. like i said spitta got nothing messin with wayne best ? , but look at everything they've both dropped since carter 3 dropped. spitta wins imo, take out no ceilings and spitta wins that much easier, and i dont think waynes ? since then is as bad as most on here say, but its far from great/prime wayne. im assuming the question is has spitta surpassed wayne musically (i could be wrong tho) not "was spitta always better than wayne"

Spitta surpassed Wayne because Spitta became obsessed with rhyme schemes around the same time Wayne stopped giving a ? .
  • power_wisdom
    Options
    Curren$y
    What are his top 3 r 4 tapes? Never really fucced with him since he left young money

Pilot talk 1,2 and Stone Immaculate for his albums. Priest Andretti, Convert coup, New Jack City for mixtapes in my opinion. Here, Saturday Night Cartoons & Cigarette Boats for EPs. How Fly, The 1&28 and Close session for colabos.
  • R2_163
    R2_163 Members Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Curren$y
    currensy now makes way better music than wayne. it's not even close. and he keeps getting better.
  • BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Curren$y
    I told myself to save yoself cuz I can't save you
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Curren$y
    You 33% ? don't stand a chance in this debate let it go
  • power_wisdom
    Options
    Curren$y
    But I got to say, Cory Guns was spitting back then..... Oops I meant Lil Wayne.
  • no2fuks
    no2fuks Members Posts: 503 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    each and everyone of you lil wayne haters are gonna find a means to get fwa a week before it drops and then hop on the free weezy album appreciation thread.

spitta on the other hand idgaf. I will only listen to a currensy mixtape/album if its with someone more entertaining.

my point is its better to be hated than to be irrelevant

• power_wisdom
    Options
    Curren$y
    a bee wrote: »
    each and everyone of you lil wayne haters are gonna find a means to get fwa a week before it drops and then hop on the free weezy album appreciation thread.

spitta on the other hand idgaf. I will only listen to a currensy mixtape/album if its with someone more entertaining.

my point is its better to be hated than to be irrelevant

Better to be a boss. Then he wouldn't have to worry about Baby ? him. Jetlife to the next life. The People have spoken.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    10 years ago when he was just that little ? with the Hot Boyz and nobody was really listening Wayne was hot, dude was underrated and overlooked.

http://youtu.be/pRi2DvU-1W8

Stylistically he switched up around 2002 and started taking his skills seriously, he had no choice he was the only real artist left on CMR.

It wasn't until 2006-2007 when the rest of the world took notice (4:18)
    http://youtu.be/Cjm4VrOkTxI

• power_wisdom
    Options
    Curren$y
    You forgot that Gillly the kid was ghost writing for him somewhere around or before Carter 1.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You forgot that Gillly the kid was ghost writing for him somewhere around or before Carter 1.

? . Another case of ? believing some ? on the internet.