South Carolina Officer Is Charged With Murder In Black Man’s Death

Options

Comments

• (ob)Scene
    (ob)Scene Members Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol at the thought of a POLICE UNION criticizing Sharpton.
  • OGClarenceBoddicker
    OGClarenceBoddicker Members Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bignorm wrote: »
    got damn shout out to dude who caught that on video...For real he needs to be given a reward or something

How many ? would've yelled at the cops, only to have them destroy the phone.
    Dude played it cool.

I was yellin at the muthafucka just from watchin the ? video, that ? woulda had to ? me too, fake millitant my ass
  • obnoxiouslyfresh
    obnoxiouslyfresh Members Posts: 11,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm witnessing for the first time while watching this that Mr. Scott has a passenger in the car with him. I would love to hear his story. I'm sure he must have made a run for it too when everything happened.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7gg-HUAYg4

• Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'd be shocked of the cop gets off
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Max. wrote: »

If they foolishly (or perhaps purposefully, knowing they can't proved premeditation) charge him for Murder 1, he will....then I think it's time to burn ? .
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Really with this country's history.
  • Zirconium
    Zirconium Members Posts: 96 ✭✭
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »

I'm saying. Going all the way back to Rodney King to the guy that got choked to death in NY, nothing surprises me when it comes to cops getting away with ? .
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Zirconium wrote: »

I'm saying. Going all the way back to Rodney King to the guy that got choked to death in NY, nothing surprises me when it comes to cops getting away with ? .

Exactly
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm witnessing for the first time while watching this that Mr. Scott has a passenger in the car with him. I would love to hear his story. I'm sure he must have made a run for it too when everything happened.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7gg-HUAYg4

In an extended video you see a cop questioning him for a few days he was MIA but believe as of Friday he has talked to the authorities about what happened. Not sure what happened as a result still haven't seen him speak publicly
    @obnoxiouslyfresh
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mister B. wrote: »

If they foolishly (or perhaps purposefully, knowing they can't proved premeditation) charge him for Murder 1, he will....then I think it's time to burn ? .

But with all this cop shooting ppl n this on camera

Idk
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://youtu.be/Usyk6zIR7Z4

Don't put so much faith in body cams. Look at this ? .
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gotta love the dog whistle in that statement tho.

Race agitators....translation...plz don't upset the blacks
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/sf/investigative/2015/04/11/thousands-dead-few-prosecuted/
    Thousands dead, few prosecuted

Among the thousands of fatal shootings at the hands of police since 2005, only 54 officers have been charged, a Post analysis found. Most were cleared or acquitted in the cases that have been resolved.

Depressing ass article...
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I WOULD NOT be shocked of the cop gets off

Fixed to express my thoughts.
  • stringer bell
    Options
    http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/apr/12/walter-scott-shooting-officer-michael-slager-audio-recording
    Walter Scott shooting: officer describes adrenaline rush in recording

The police officer who killed Walter Scott in South Carolina said afterwards that he was experiencing a rush of adrenaline, during a conversation that offers a new insight into his mindset in the minutes following the shooting.

Patrolman Michael Slager appeared to laugh nervously in the discussion with a senior officer after fatally shooting Scott in North Charleston on 5 April. A recording of their conversation was obtained by the Guardian.

“By the time you get home, it would probably be a good idea to kind of jot down your thoughts on what happened,” the senior officer said. “You know, once the adrenaline quits pumping.”

It’s pumping,” Slager said, laughing. The senior officer replied: “Oh yeah. Oh yeah.”

Slager was charged with murder on Tuesday after authorities were given cellphone video showing the officer shot Scott eight times in the back as the 50-year-old ran away. The footage contradicted earlier claims by police that Scott had fled with Slager’s stun gun.

Asked whether the officer making the remarks in the recording was Slager, Thom Berry, a spokesman for the South Carolina Law Enforcement Division (SLED), which is investigating the shooting, said: “It appears that way. I have not been able to independently confirm it.”

Footage of Scott being stopped in his car minutes before the shooting by Slager over a broken brake light, which was recorded by the dashcam in Slager’s patrol car, was released to the media on Thursday.

That camera continued to record for another hour and captured the conversation between Slager and a senior officer. A cellphone call that Slager, 33, received about five minutes before his conversation with the senior officer was also partly recorded.

“Hey. Hey, everything’s OK, OK?” Slager said, after an iPhone ringtone was heard. Following an inaudible section, Slager then appeared to say: “He grabbed my taser, yeah. Yeah, he was running from me.”

Slager’s wife, Jamie, is eight months pregnant with their first child. Jamie Slager, 35, has two children from a previous marriage. The couple live together in the city of Hanahan, about six miles from North Charleston.

In the recording from the dashcam in Slager’s radio car, the officer can be heard asking: “What happens next?” The senior officer, whose identity is not clear from the recording, told him that he would be collected by other officers and taken to police headquarters.

“Probably once they get you there, we’ll take you home. Take your ? off, take your vest off, kind of relax for two or three.”

“It’ll be real quick,” he said. “They’re gonna tell you you’re gonna be out for a couple of days and you’ll come back and they’ll interview you then. They’re not going to ask you any kind of questions right now. They’ll take your weapon and we’ll go from there. That’s pretty much it.”

The senior officer again reassured Slager that he would not have to explain the shooting on the record immediately. “The last one we had, they waited a couple of days to interview officially, like, sit down and tell what happened,” he said.

If you want hear the audio click the link...
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cracka gets off on killing black people smh.
  • cannonspike1994
    cannonspike1994 Members Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the cop is going to get away with it.
  • Maalik
    Maalik Members Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Kakarot
    Kakarot Members Posts: 303 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Maalik wrote: »
    CCa3yNmWEAAcp2B.jpg

Oh did that guy run? He's such a ? that I doubt that he did. I guarantee if he ran he would have been shot, nobody is tazing a guy with a gas mask, armor and magazines on him.
  • stringer bell
    Options
    http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/apr/12/walter-scott-shooting-officer-michael-slager-audio-recording
    Walter Scott shooting: officer describes adrenaline rush in recording

The police officer who killed Walter Scott in South Carolina said afterwards that he was experiencing a rush of adrenaline, during a conversation that offers a new insight into his mindset in the minutes following the shooting.

Patrolman Michael Slager appeared to laugh nervously in the discussion with a senior officer after fatally shooting Scott in North Charleston on 5 April. A recording of their conversation was obtained by the Guardian.

“By the time you get home, it would probably be a good idea to kind of jot down your thoughts on what happened,” the senior officer said. “You know, once the adrenaline quits pumping.”

It’s pumping,” Slager said, laughing. The senior officer replied: “Oh yeah. Oh yeah.”

Slager was charged with murder on Tuesday after authorities were given cellphone video showing the officer shot Scott eight times in the back as the 50-year-old ran away. The footage contradicted earlier claims by police that Scott had fled with Slager’s stun gun.

Asked whether the officer making the remarks in the recording was Slager, Thom Berry, a spokesman for the South Carolina Law Enforcement Division (SLED), which is investigating the shooting, said: “It appears that way. I have not been able to independently confirm it.”

Footage of Scott being stopped in his car minutes before the shooting by Slager over a broken brake light, which was recorded by the dashcam in Slager’s patrol car, was released to the media on Thursday.

That camera continued to record for another hour and captured the conversation between Slager and a senior officer. A cellphone call that Slager, 33, received about five minutes before his conversation with the senior officer was also partly recorded.

“Hey. Hey, everything’s OK, OK?” Slager said, after an iPhone ringtone was heard. Following an inaudible section, Slager then appeared to say: “He grabbed my taser, yeah. Yeah, he was running from me.”

Slager’s wife, Jamie, is eight months pregnant with their first child. Jamie Slager, 35, has two children from a previous marriage. The couple live together in the city of Hanahan, about six miles from North Charleston.

In the recording from the dashcam in Slager’s radio car, the officer can be heard asking: “What happens next?” The senior officer, whose identity is not clear from the recording, told him that he would be collected by other officers and taken to police headquarters.

“Probably once they get you there, we’ll take you home. Take your ? off, take your vest off, kind of relax for two or three.”

“It’ll be real quick,” he said. “They’re gonna tell you you’re gonna be out for a couple of days and you’ll come back and they’ll interview you then. They’re not going to ask you any kind of questions right now. They’ll take your weapon and we’ll go from there. That’s pretty much it.”

The senior officer again reassured Slager that he would not have to explain the shooting on the record immediately. “The last one we had, they waited a couple of days to interview officially, like, sit down and tell what happened,” he said.

If you want hear the audio click the link...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5v4ZF-KoKDc

Here's the audio...
  • MARIO_DRO
    MARIO_DRO Members Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SEE, THERE ARE ALLLLLLLLLLLWAYS LOOP HOLES..

WHATS GONNA HAPPEN IS THAT THEY WILL OVER CHARGE DUDE AND DUD WILL GET OFF...

PLAIN AND SIMPLE
  • stringer bell
    Options
    http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/apr/13/michael-slager-walter-scott-stun-gun-lawsuit
    Michael Slager and 'bad, corrupt cops' sued by black man who says he was tased

The police officer who killed Walter Scott in South Carolina has been sued by another black resident of North Charleston, who alleges he was tased in the back by Michael Slager while lying face-down on the pavement.

Slager is among three patrolmen named in a lawsuit filed by Julius Wilson, who said he was arrested after being stopped in his car in August last year. Wilson is also suing the city of North Charleston, the city police department and the police chief, Eddie Driggers.

Speaking at a press conference on Monday, Wilson described Slager and his colleagues as “bad, corrupt cops”. He said: “The use of excessive force or punishment to torture suspects is not something that should be tolerated by the North Charleston police department.”

Wilson accuses the police of violating his constitutional rights. He is seeking damages and a jury trial, at which Slager could be called to testify. Wilson’s attorneys said they had obtained police car dashcam video footage from North Charleston officials supporting the allegations.

The lawsuit accused North Charleston of having “an unwritten policy to simply ‘look the other way’” that had “fostered an environment where improper and unconstitutional conduct was condoned, tolerated and/or emboldened” by Chief Driggers and city authorities.

A spokeswoman for Andrew Savage, Slager’s attorney, said in an email he was “not providing any statements or interviews at this time”. A spokesman for North Charleston did not immediately respond to a request for comment on the lawsuit.

Wilson, who has a criminal record, said he was stopped on 25 August because his vehicle had a broken tail light. Scott, 50, was stopped for the same reason on 5 April before fleeing and being shot dead by Slager.

Slager was charged with murder last week after cellphone footage surfaced showing he shot Scott as he ran away, igniting the latest in a series of controversies over the use of force by US law enforcement.

Wilson was stopped by an Officer Edwards, he said, who was joined 10 minutes later by Slager and an Officer Clemens despite Wilson calmly “making small talk and laughing”.

After refusing to step out until he was told why he was being arrested, Wilson claimed, he was forcibly pulled out of his vehicle by Slager and the two other officers. The three then “forcibly restrained Wilson on his stomach on the pavement face down”, the lawsuit stated.

Despite Wilson “not moving, nor resisting” and lying with his hands above his head, the lawsuit claimed, Slager broke a silence among the officers by shouting: “Watch out! I’m going to tase!” He then allegedly “shot his NCPD-issued Taser into Wilson’s back”.

The lawsuit alleged Wilson “writhed in pain from the electric shock”. It said when Slager warned his colleagues he was about to fire his Taser, “Wilson was cooperating fully” and allowing the two other officers to place his hands behind his back.

Mario Givens, a third North Charleston resident, complained to the police department after being tased unnecessarily by Slager in September 2013. The department cleared Slager of wrongdoing in an internal review. Givens said last week he was considering suing Slager.

Wilson’s lawsuit was filed last Friday at the court of common pleas for Charleston County. A copy was released to the Guardian by the court. Wilson’s attorneys said they had previously decided against bringing a lawsuit but changed their minds after Slager’s shooting of Scott.

The attorneys dismissed suggestions they were acting opportunistically following a tragic incident. “We now have the fact that there’s a pattern of abuse of this officer; it gives more credence to the lawsuit,” said one of Wilson’s attorneys, Nicholas Clekis.

Wilson was charged with driving under a suspended South Carolina licence and resisting arrest. He pleaded guilty to resisting arrest. The suspended licence charge was dropped, according to his lawsuit, which said he held a valid Georgia driving licence throughout.
  • stringer bell
    Options
    http://news.yahoo.com/white-officer-charged-south-carolina-mans-slaying-wont-195640799.html
    White officer won't face death penalty in South Carolina murder: prosecutor

CHARLESTON, S.C. (Reuters) - A white South Carolina patrolman charged with murder for shooting a black man in the back as he fled after a traffic stop will not face the death penalty if convicted, a prosecutor said on Monday.

None of the circumstances that allow lethal punishment apply in the April 4 shooting of 50-year-old Walter Scott by North Charleston police officer Michael Slager, said Scarlett Wilson, Charleston County's chief prosecutor.

"Based on the facts revealed thus far, it does not appear South Carolina's death penalty provision applies in this case because there are no statutory 'aggravating circumstances' present," Wilson said in a statement.

Such factors include murders committed during a kidnapping, robbery, drug trafficking, or with poison or physical torture.

Scott's death reignited a public outcry over police treatment of black Americans that flared last year after the killings of unarmed black men in Ferguson, Missouri, New York City, and elsewhere.

Smh...