Biggie & Nas Are Both Better Than Tupac

Options

Comments

• supergangster
    supergangster Members Posts: 8,872 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I would not go that far and say that Biggie is better than Pac when I know his son is ?

I still remember the Biggie son thread
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So nobody has taken up asking homie to name 20 NY rappers better than Big?
  • Soloman_The_Wise
    Soloman_The_Wise Members Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No Order...
    Nas
    Ghost Face Killah
    Rakim
    Tupac
    KRS One
    RZA
    Jay
    Buckshot
    LL Cool J
    Talib Kweli
    Big L
    Fabolous
    Erick Sermon
    Method man
    Big Pun
    Kool G Rap
    Raekwon
    Mos Def
    Busta Rhymes
    Immortal Technique
    Keith Murray
    Masta Ace

Honorable mention to Slick Rick who Repped NYC via London origins...
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No Order...
    Nas
    Ghost Face Killah
    Rakim
    Tupac
    KRS One
    RZA
    Jay
    Buckshot
    LL Cool J
    Talib Kweli
    Big L
    Fabolous
    Erick Sermon
    Method man
    Big Pun
    Kool G Rap
    Raekwon
    Mos Def
    Busta Rhymes
    Immortal Technique
    Keith Murray
    Masta Ace

No direspect homie but did you just only name the first 20 NY rappers that popped into your head? Rza and busta tho?
  • Soloman_The_Wise
    Soloman_The_Wise Members Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No Order...
    Nas
    Ghost Face Killah
    Rakim
    Tupac
    KRS One
    RZA
    Jay
    Buckshot
    LL Cool J
    Talib Kweli
    Big L
    Fabolous
    Erick Sermon
    Method man
    Big Pun
    Kool G Rap
    Raekwon
    Mos Def
    Busta Rhymes
    Immortal Technique
    Keith Murray
    Masta Ace

No direspect homie but did you just only name the first 20 NY rappers that popped into your head? Rza and busta tho?

Naw or Ja Rule, 50 Cent, Juelz Santana, Kool Moe Dee, Doug E Fresh, Jadakiss and a ? ton of others would be on the list also...
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Options
    No Order...
    Nas
    Ghost Face Killah
    Rakim
    Tupac
    KRS One
    RZA
    Jay
    Buckshot
    LL Cool J
    Talib Kweli
    Big L
    Fabolous
    Erick Sermon
    Method man
    Big Pun
    Kool G Rap
    Raekwon
    Mos Def
    Busta Rhymes
    Immortal Technique
    Keith Murray
    Masta Ace

Naw or Ja Rule, 50 Cent, Juelz Santana, Kool Moe Dee, Doug E Fresh, Jadakiss and a ? ton of others would be on the list also...

lol well damn, aight then
  • Weazel
    Weazel Members Posts: 3,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I love EPMD, but to say Eic Sermon (as MC) >>> Biggie?, that seems uhm, incorrect.
  • Ilike2get baked
    Ilike2get baked Members Posts: 879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well what started out as Nas, Pac, and Big has dived into Pac vs big so I'll sum it up this way...in terms of lyricism it's Big...I mean his words play, different rhyme patterns, and his ability to make rap and rnb records gives him the better rapper title but he is in no way a better ARTIST than 2pac. from his activism, political and social messages and his overall impact on the world...it's not even close...like it or not Pac is in the same vein as Morrison, Joplin, and Cobain if not a level above...
  • MasterJayN100
    MasterJayN100 Members Posts: 11,845 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • 270crownst
    270crownst Members Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No Order...
    Nas
    Ghost Face Killah
    Rakim
    Tupac
    KRS One
    RZA
    Jay
    Buckshot
    LL Cool J
    Talib Kweli
    Big L
    Fabolous
    Erick Sermon
    Method man
    Big Pun
    Kool G Rap
    Raekwon
    Mos Def
    Busta Rhymes
    Immortal Technique
    Keith Murray
    Masta Ace

Duke said fab(but doesn't have a classic album) is better then Chris..foh...anyways every true hip hop fan
    Knows, BIG can go toe to toe with any of these rappers on wax...big is one of most complete mc ever! (rappers bite of this ? lyrics all the time)..both have classic albums,mainstream,hits,sold millions of records,both are legends,both change the game forever when they died...but if this topic is simply about the better technical MC...its obviously biggie smalls...I've never heard or read somebody said pac was a lyrical Mc..even in magazines..pac is never in top 5 lyrical rappers list or whatever...but big is always in the Convo..and why is that...it is what it is yo.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You ? give the lyricists to much props.

Pac is ? on big when it comes to making Quality music.

And yes Fab is better the Big.
  • KLICHE
    KLICHE Members Posts: 5,061 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »

But I think it is lyrically they're discussing. Not on delivery and the rest.

As a complete artist I would say Pac. But lyrically NAS is leagues ahead of them.
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Options
    Giving lyricist too much props now? Yo seriously when the hell did it become bad to be a great lyricist? in the past 10 years hip hop has taken the weirdest turn ever
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They are better lyricists but they are not a better artist than Pac

Being a great artist>>>being a great lyricist
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This thread should be locked once someone said Fab is better than Big.
  • Mr_Vicodin81G
    Mr_Vicodin81G Members Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nas is no doubt better lyrically than Pac everyone knows that. But imo Pac was the better artist/entertainer and I have Nas #3 in my Top 5.
  • bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Giving lyricist too much props now? Yo seriously when the hell did it become bad to be a great lyricist? in the past 10 years hip hop has taken the weirdest turn ever

being a great lyricist ain't ? if you ain't a good rapper or aren't saying anything with those lyrics

but when ppl use he's a "lyricist" as an arguement that someones a good rapper is so tired at this point, because to many ppl putting together complex lines that aren't speaking about anything....thats why the old cats get ? on, some of them just piecing words together...who gives a ? , thats not impressive

it's music after all, it needs to sound good and come from your personal expression, not just putting words together
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You guys keep saying PAC made more quality music.

The truth is that PAC made more QUANTITY music but Notorious BIG is two for two. Two 5 mic classics.

You can't name a wack or sub-par song that Biggie made while he was alive.
  • bck145
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »

The truth is that PAC made more QUANTITY music but Notorious BIG is two for two. Two 5 mic classics.

life after death as a whole was pretty meh, shoulda been a single disc
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bck145 wrote: »

You have ? taste in music.

And Big never made a song as wack as What's Ya Phone #
  • bck145
    Options

You have ? taste in music.

And Big never made a song as wack as What's Ya Phone #

uh...ok nice try
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    edited April 2015
    Options

being a great lyricist ain't ? if you ain't a good rapper or aren't saying anything with those lyrics

but when ppl use he's a "lyricist" as an arguement that someones a good rapper is so tired at this point, because to many ppl putting together complex lines that aren't speaking about anything....thats why the old cats get ? on, some of them just piecing words together...who gives a ? , thats not impressive

it's music after all, it needs to sound good and come from your personal expression, not just putting words together

Being a good lyricist IS being a good rapper, ? trying to change ? around so these wack ass rappers now can have a chance. Not every lyricist sounds like canibus and not every lyricist has the same subject matter as canibus either where they are just saying battle raps the whole time. yall ? need to get yall ? together on here if yall hip hop fans

And BTW to me, Pac is in fact a lyricist
  • bck145
    edited April 2015
    Options

Being a good lyricist IS being a good rapper, ? trying to change ? around so these wack ass rappers now can have a chance. Not every lyricist sounds like canibus and not every lyricist has the same subject matter as canibus either where they are just saying battle raps the whole time. yall ? need to get yall ? together on here if yall hip hop fans

mf doom is lyrical and he's a terrible rapper, his songs suck, his flow is garbage and his topics are boring....it takes a lot more than just lyrics to make a good rapper....same reason why many like canibus but not many will say he's one of the best rappers

and like you just said pac is a lyricist, i could care less if he's a lyrcisist or not, he flows nice, his music is enjoyable and says something....i also don't listen to joe budden because i think he's "lyrical", i listen because his music is enjoyable and personal
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    edited April 2015
    Options

mf doom is lyrical and he's a terrible rapper, his songs suck, his flow is garbage and his topics are boring....it takes a lot more than just lyrics to make a good rapper....same reason why many like canibus but not many will say he's one of the best rappers

and like you just said pac is a lyricist, i could care less if he's a lyrcisist or not, he flows nice, his music is enjoyable and says something....i also don't listen to joe budden because i think he's "lyrical", i listen because his music is enjoyable and personal

of course you care that pac and joey are lyricist. what the hell are you listening to them for then? their lyrics right? what makes their music enjoyable? mostly their lyrics, right? thats cause they are lyrical. never heard someone say they enjoy both pac and joey for their beats or some ? . Like I said before lyricist dont mean spitting canibus battle raps