African-AmeriRant and Conviction

Options

Comments

• Reesey
    Reesey Members Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @700 I hear you sir, but I would like my babies to live. Do you have children? Are you willing to,let them die to prove a Point? If so, what point are they proving exactly?
    700 Members Posts: 14,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @700 I hear you sir, but I would like my babies to live. Do you have children? Are you willing to,let them die to prove a Point? If so, what point are they proving exactly?

If that's what they wanna do, ? it

It's for a good cause

I'm not trying to get us to fit in wit Crackas, I'm trying to stand out and away from them evil ?
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    he did not cut his hair. And just because others act like savages don't mean that we have to . Ignorance can get you killed just as easy.

so with all these blk targeted shootings , that are only mutiplying, how do u plan on stopping that???

Hands up dont shoot???
    Marching???

B4 u know it, ? forbid it could be your son next.

in the the animal kingdom, humans included. if their lives are threatened, they go in attack mode...
    all except ? , we flash bibles n degrees , in fetal position.
  • Reesey
    Options
    @D0wn and your alternative is?
  • Reesey
    Options
    Teach them to disrespect authority or run or fight? What?
  • Reesey
    Options

I'm not trying to get us to fit in wit Crackas, I'm trying to stand out and away from them evil ? [/quote]

It's not about "fitting in" it's about not allowing others to allow us to hang ourselves. They expect a riot they expect ignorance and violence and they bank on that. just asking what your ALTERNATIVE methods are.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Options
    Man just teach them common sense
  • Reesey
    Options
    Smh. Common sense..is to live. To be respectful to have manners. As I stated, it's easy to speak negatively on my solution while not providing a solid alternative. Thanks for your opinions though.
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Teach them to disrespect authority or run or fight? What?
    Fight...

How can we respect an authority that dont respect us?
    Respect is a 2way street .
    U want ya son to abide to a muthafucka, who dont even respect his life?
    "? ya breathe"

They ? a ? in cold blood ,then lie about it. Afterwards, the justice system protects them n release them back on the streets ... so your son can "respect"them.

If ya dont see whats going on, they already waging war on us.

The same week, the Scott tape came out. they shot a women at her home in california, n shot a kid in the back in chicago..

We gonna have to protect ourselves.
  • Reesey
    Options

We gonna have to protect ourselves.[/quote]

I agree we have to protect ourselves AND our families, but how can we do that.. dead?
    700 Members Posts: 14,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'm not trying to get us to fit in wit Crackas, I'm trying to stand out and away from them evil ?

It's not about "fitting in" it's about not allowing others to allow us to hang ourselves. They expect a riot they expect ignorance and violence and they bank on that. just asking what your ALTERNATIVE methods are. [/quote]

I don't care if they expect it or not, I don't give a ? what they think

We need another race riot these days, cause they killing ? left and right

Legally

It's open season for ? , ? .That ?

When is it gon be they turn
  • Reesey
    Options
    I feel you, but Race riots? You do realize that almost every riot "we" have started ended with us ruining, burning down and tearing up our OWN neighborhoods. How exactly is that paying "them " bacK? How is that helping us and our families?
  • A Talented One
    A Talented One Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2015
    Options
    She shouldn't feel ashamed she is arming her children with the knowledge/confidence and important words that will undoubtedly resonate with them.. Black people need to arm their kids.

Edit

and she shouldn't have cut his fro's.. they will tax your ass equally, discounts aren't applied to conformity

I know this goes against IC dogma, but this is almost certainly false.

There are many white people who will treat you better if you come across as assimilated. That's a fact. That there are some will not treat you any better doesn't make it not true that some will treat you better. (So you can still get your "n-word wake-up call" no matter how assimilated you are.) Don't you think that there are many whites who would react better to a Carlton Banks than to a Chief Keef?

The IC dogma on this is just outlandish.

• PapaDoc223
    PapaDoc223 Members Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why should we compromise for the white man tho?
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    She shouldn't feel ashamed she is arming her children with the knowledge/confidence and important words that will undoubtedly resonate with them.. Black people need to arm their kids.

Edit

and she shouldn't have cut his fro's.. they will tax your ass equally, discounts aren't applied to conformity

I know this goes against IC dogma, but this is almost certainly false.

There are many white people who will treat you better if you come across as assimilated. That's a fact. That there are some will not treat you any better doesn't make it not true that some will treat you better. (So you can still get your "n-word wake-up call" no matter how assimilated you are.) Don't you think that there are many whites who would react better to a Carlton Banks than to a Chief Keef?

The IC dogma on this is just outlandish.

Good Morning

You are an idiot.
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    so this is a ? ? thread?
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And your alternative is to rebel/riot and not comply and perhaps not live to see another day?

So basically you are saying its ok for your sons to live on their knees because of the undue fear that some people have of them instead dying on their feet as proud and strong men if it came to that.

You didn't do your sons any favors with that "talk" you gave them.

Basically you told them to live a life dictated to them because of how other people feel about them. Just be subordinate to people because you believe they have power over them by what they may be able to get away with.

Since you say they are kings. What kings do you know or have heard of that bow down to those who are supposedly in fear of them?

You just gave them a confusing ass message.
  • D. Morgan
    Options
    It is easy to say that you don't agree with me telling my boys to listen to police when approached but NOT one person has given me an alternative. If you knock one solution, please offer another

There is no solution we can offer because we as black people are not 100% of the damn problem.

If you run you get shot in the back. If you comply you get shot cause you didn't comply fast enough or more than likely never given a chance to from the get go.

I'd honestly rather mine take their chances running if they already on foot. Black men getting out of jail on 20,30,40 year sentences for crimes these people knew all those years ago they never committed.

So compliance is not the answer.

The house ? got beat just like the field ? . Wasn't a difference they were both slaves.
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Imma sit this one out....
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The alternative is just standing up for what's right. The question is are you (or anyone) willing to stay down for that.

Folks mainly fear the negatives. This ? has consequences, scary ones. I can sit here and call you ? for cutting your boys hair. But if he'd gotten shot because of his afro, he'd just be another thread on the first page. And I can't guarantee to help you with funeral cost or bringing another child in this world...

...well, maybe if you got dat ass.

But the truth is that sometimes doing what's right doesn't give the result we want. Sometimes you have to pay an unfair price for it. Sometimes it may cost you your life. Sometimes it's just a waste of time.

I think once you've come to a genuine stance to that question, the rest will fall in place.
  • Reesey
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I respect all the comments, although I feel some are misplaced. i.e. I never said that I "cut" my son's hair. I only gave you all the run down of the convo regarding the "idea" and then went on to explain how I felt like ? after having said it, or thought that would be the solution. I know it's a LOOOOONG @$$ post and many just give up or skim through it. but this post goes through the "ENTIRE" rainbow of emotion that I, as the mother to 4 African-American son's think about on the daily. I go from, "perhaps if we change this or that, they will be safe" to "F*&K that!! My babies can be what and whomever they want and let a fool try something"!! It is easy for everyone to speak on how we need to "stand up" for our rights and fight back... but.... I do not believe... whether you want to ACT like you are that "down for the cause" or not... I do NOT believe that you are willing to sacrifice the lives of your children over something as simple as complying with authorities. I never said I told my boy's to back down. What I told them was to show respect and not to PURPOSEFULLY give authority figures ADDITIONAL reason to cause them harm. What I told them was to not be Ignorant and make fearful decisions like, run when you have done nothing wrong. As one of you stated "if you run, you get shot in the back". I understand what You THINK... I may have told my son's due to the fact that "reading" this NOVEL can get boring and the message then becomes lost. But honestly, only negative thoughts have come my way with regard to me telling them to respect authority figures. NOTHING on the grounds of an "intelligent" alternative has been provided. The only "TRUE" response that has made any sense at all has come from @kzzl , "sometimes doing what's right doesn't give the result we want. Sometimes you have to pay an unfair price for it. Sometimes it may cost you your life. Sometimes it's just a waste of time."
    The CATCH to that phrase, however true it may be is... I am not speaking about MY life, which I would gladly pay for something I believe in..i.e my babies... I am speaking about THEIR life... a PRICE I am NOT willing to pay for NOTHING! I appreciate the feedback. it's all love.
  • Reesey
    edited April 2015
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    It is easy to say that you don't agree with me telling my boys to listen to police when approached but NOT one person has given me an alternative. If you knock one solution, please offer another

There is no solution we can offer because we as black people are not 100% of the damn problem.

If you run you get shot in the back. If you comply you get shot cause you didn't comply fast enough or more than likely never given a chance to from the get go.

I'd honestly rather mine take their chances running if they already on foot. Black men getting out of jail on 20,30,40 year sentences for crimes these people knew all those years ago they never committed.

The house ? got beat just like the field ? . Wasn't a difference they were both slaves.

So, we are not supposed to live in fear, but you would suggest that our children run at the mere sight of authoritative figures?, even when they have done nothing wrong. You do realize that running is an "automatic" guilty sentence in the eyes of many even if they are not bad/? cops.

As I said. It's easy to speak on it, until you are faced with the crossroad with your little one in the cross-hair's of society.
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2015
    Options
  • D. Morgan
    edited April 2015
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »

So, we are not supposed to live in fear, but you would suggest that our children run at the mere sight of authoritative figures?, even when they have done nothing wrong. You do realize that running is an "automatic" guilty sentence in the eyes of many even if they are not bad/? cops.

As I said. It's easy to speak on it, until you are faced with the crossroad with your little one in the cross-hair's of society.

See why you adding ? that was never there? I never said run at the sight of the police. First of all the police are not authority figures.

Running from something doesn't mean you fear it. That is short minded thinking. Just like if you see some people with guns running into a bank a smart person would run in the opposite direction just to get away from the situation and that is not running away because of fear its just making a smart decision.

You revert everything back to fear because you are scared for your sons. I don't fault you for that but I will fault you for projecting that fear into your sons when you talk to them the way you said you just did.

Being black is an automatic guilty sentence not running.

You making a little slick comments about your little ones being in the crosshairs but ignoring the fact what you trying to talk to them about is what many men here have lived through and are still living through.

Something you personally haven't experience that is why you asking for advice cause you don't know what its like firsthand.

• shit happens
    shit happens Members Posts: 10,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I didn't read the thread but ill post

No matter your hair style or clothing or class you're still a ? in the eyes of those that want to see black people eliminated.

"Our skin is our sin that's why they lock us in"

This war has been waged against the black man long before slavery.

It won't end today no matter how you conform.

You're a woman albeit a black woman you will never understand what its like being a black man.

I just ask for everyone to not only educate your kids but also kids in the community. have respect and self respect
    teach them the laws of the land and they should be taught the system was designed for you to fail.

as a community and people we can fight back but as an individual and isolated incidents will fall on deaf ears. just look at the news all the fake caring and outrage but no real unity