The Official Marvel Cinematic Universe Phase 2 thread - Now Playing "AntMan"

Options

Comments

• infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    Anyone here about Olivia Munn playing Psylocke?

Wrong thread.
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Anyone here about Olivia Munn playing Psylocke?

Wrong thread.

Oh
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Im sorry but i couldnt resist ,Ultron a funny ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3h_PmaiKMM

Muthafucka.... I watched lol
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Avengers: Age of Ultron Spoilers are out

***Warning***
    Dies: Quicksilver dies towards the end. Barton goes after a kid who was left behind (they are evacuating the city in Sokovia because it's rising high in the sky (Vibranium power is levitating the whole city, by of course Ultron and his plan to slam it down on earth like a bomb and cause an extinction level event (since he can't access the nukes code, that's a nice twist in itselt). As Quicksilver runs to help Barton and kid, Ultron is piloting a Quintet and firing down on them. Quicksilver gets shot many times and is shown with many bullet holes bleeding. He's presumed dead. *Although if you catch when Maria Hill is describing his powers, there's something in there about cellular regeneration... so i think he's not dead. Even though he's transported on the transports aboard a Helicarrier (Fury's in charge!), his body lays on the ground of the transport next to a resting Barton. But he looks dead.

Peggy: She only shows up when the Scarlet Witches casts a hex on Rogers. He's taken back to a welcome home celebration at a club where everyone is dancing. Here, Peggy comes up to him and asks him for that dance he promised her. It's a quick scene with her, then it's over. That's it.

Linda: Is Barton's wife. She lives with 3 kids on a farm. It seems it's "unplugged" and in the country for their safety. Barton calls this place the "Safe House" for that reason. This is where Barton flys the quintet with the rest of the avengers (not the twins. They are still bad guys at this point working for Ultron). They stay here for a short while (days? week?) so they can regroup and come up with a game plan. Fury makes a surprise appearance on this farm to convince Stark that he needs fight Ultron as a group.

Cap: There's no love interest mentioned for Cap in this movie. There is a joke about him "waiting all these years". The only love interest is between Banner and Natasha throughout the whole movie.

No Bucky in this movie... but there's a hint that Cap and Falcon were on his trail. But nothing came out of that conversation.

Falcon only shows up at the party scene. He's mingling with the other avengers and partygoers. Scene ends with the "who can pick up the hammer" as seen in trailers.

He's seen again in the final scene of the movie at the Avengers Academy

They do mention Pepper... Tony says she's running the company, traveling, something. Thor mentions that Jane has become the world's expert on her field of study, so she's off doing research somewhere. Both were quickly mentioned, but then turned into a joke between Stark and Thor about who's a better woman. Thor gets the last laugh.

The scene with the deserted ships.... that is where Ulysses Klaue has his warehouses and stockpiles of weapons. He's an arms dealer. He also has vibranium here. This is where Ultron and the twins show up, to purchase vibranium from him.

1) We do not see Loki in this movie. But there's a sense that he's up to something and perhaps failed (the mid credits scene hints at this).

Heimdall is in the movie. He's in two scenes. One is when Thor has a hex put on him and he sees the future, and Heimdall is telling him the end has arrived. He rages on about it. This of course is setting up Thor 3: Ragnarok. The second time Thor has a vision of him is when he seeks out the help of Dr. Selvig so he may enter the buried pool where Thor can access those visions again.

2) The Vision is one of the best parts of this movie. He is created by Ultron, as Ultron wants to drop himself and become sentient being inside of the Vision which is made up of human like Android cellular organic lifelike material. There are twists along the way, and The Vision is stolen from Ultron and instead Jarvis is uploaded into the Vision. But the cool twist is when the Twins show up to stop the Vision from coming alive because they fear he'll just be another Ultron, Thor shows up and brings him to life with his hammer and lightning. Thor tells the team that he's essential to the survival of earth. This came from Thor's visions and when he left to get more information about the hex visions he saw in his head. Ultimately The Vision destroys the last Ultron. And by the way, The Vision is powered from Loki's staff.... the mind gem is what The Vision has on his forehead. He's quite powerful. And He's VERY worthy, if you know what i mean!

3) Ulysses is the arms dealer in Wakanda who has a hidden vault of illegal Vibranium. Ultron takes the twins with him to discuss business with Ulysses about purchasing Vibranium. Ultron gets ahold of some and deposits BILLIONS into Ulysses bank accounts around the world. We'll be seeing more of him in Black Panther for sure.

There are many Ultrons in the movie, as you will see. He can be everywhere at once, He just takes himself from robotic body to body using the internet.

Ultimately, he has a last chit chat in a field with The Vision about the human race and it's extinction. The Vision obliterates him with his mind gem powers (huge light flash and he's destroyed).

Banner & Widow: There's a spark between them. They discuss marriage and kids and how neither of them can have them. Here you learn about Natasha's past, her torturous training and how they made her infertile at graduation. They care for one another and they talk about leaving a life together.

At the End, Banner is missing as he took the Quintet as the hulk and may have crash landed in the ocean somewhere. Fury tells Natasha about is possible crash site whereabouts.

The mid credit scene shows a dark scene, the point of view from inside a container. As it opens up, you see Thanos reach in and pull out the Gauntlet! It doesn't have any gems on it yet. But he does say: "I guess i'll have to do it myself" as he puts it on. I'm guessing this is a reference to Loki or The Collector or Ronan or someone failing to get him the gems...

Yes there are two distinct references to Phase III films... one is the Ulysses Klaue character. He's a big character in the Blank Panther movies. If i'm not mistaken, Ulysses killed Black Panther's father, which leads him to become the new Black Panther... the T'Challa that is.

The Mind Gem comes out of Loki's staff and is used to give The Vision life. It's not only what "powers" him, but also a weapon of sorts. He seems to use it to destroy the last Ultron. This ties in with the Thor movies and GOTG as the Infinity Gems are what leads to Thanos getting all of them, leading to Infinity Wars.... or possible GOTG sequels.

Starks visions (as per hex from Scarlet Witch), is... he sees mass destruction and all of the Avengers dead on the ground, lying onto of ruins. He sees Caps Shield cracked in half

Banner doesn't really have a vision... Wanda casts a hex on him that causes him to rage out of control in Wakanda and destroy everything in site. Stark shows up with Hulkbuster to stop him... or distract him until the hex wore off.
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Black Widows hex: She flashes back to her training as black widow... if you watched Agent Carter, you get a sense of little girls fighting. Her spy training and fighting training started at the dance school.. It was a secret place for training young girls to become spys.

1) At the end, Tony and Cap have a conversation outside of the Avengers headquarters (Academy?). At the end, Tony drives off in his orange Audi R8...

Cap and Natasha talk about the new team, which then you see The Falcon, The Scarlet Witch in her new red outfit (different from the one in the trailers), Barton, and The Vision...

2) Big twists.... yeah... how Ultron is created was cool. But how The Vision was created, even cooler! How the twins switch sides. How many Ultrons there are.

3) Civil war - I think all the heated words between thor, Cap and Stark ... it's all dropping hints towards taking sides. Then at the end you see a new Team Assembled by Cap

The Vision wields Thor's hammer. Steals the scenes!

1) Thor chokes Stark because Ultron was created and is now running around the world inhabiting different robot forms. Out of frustration, Thor chokes Tony and calls him out on it.

2) I didn't see two much of the split personality angle. Banner and Hulk are the same as in the last movie. The difference is Hulk is more in control and can take direction from the other Avengers. He can be calmed down to Banner again by Natasha talking to him. A psychological thing.... where she also touches his hands to make him come down to Banner again.
    Hulk only rages out of control with Wanda puts a hex on him.

3) Thor stayed here after Thor 2. He seems to blend into civilian life (not shown, only referenced in jokes). He does leave to Asgard to investigate the visions he had when Wanda put a hex on him.

4) Nick Fury was in hiding. Seems like he was working with someone, tracking down leads, etc. He seems well informed. Even though they don't mention it... i wouldn't be surprised if he's in contact with Coulson at some point (a later AOS episode perhaps?) or maybe he's in touch with Deathlok.

5) Yes, i would say so. When you think about what he is and what his philosophy is and what he wants to do... it's quite scary. "Ultron" like discussions have been in the news in recent weeks... Bill Gates, Elon Musk and Stephen Hawking have all warned us about AI and machines becoming aware. When you think of all this... he's quite scary. In the movie is just ? right cold and wants to destroy man. He thinks he's human.

Falcon and War Machine both show up at the party scene at Avengers Tower. Then they're both gone from most of the movie.

I have no idea where the Falcon went off to. Maybe i missed his dialogue about that. But War Machine shows up in a scene at the end when the Helicarrier shows up to evacuate the people of that city in Sokovia. He helps fight the many Ultrons in the sky and keep the Helicarrier safe along with Tony Stark.

At the end, Falcon shows up at roll call when they announce the new team.
  • infamous114
    Options
    Lol can't believe people out there seek spoilers...ruin their own movie experience.
  • jee504
    jee504 Members Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol can't believe people out there seek spoilers...ruin their own movie experience.

They just can't wait and once they see the movie they already know what's coming.
    I want to be surprised and shocked. Can't do it if you read the spoilers or every little article and/or interview.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yeah man i had to c/s this post. I can wait.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ant-Man trailer was dope, I do think he will turn into Gi-Ant Man in the movie at some point
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mad Marvel universe easter eggs in Daredevil show is flames
  • Agrv2385
    Agrv2385 Members Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i dont know about yall but i aint look and im avoidin this thread now until the movie. layta fellas
  • jee504
    jee504 Members Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bcotton5 wrote: »
    mad Marvel universe easter eggs in Daredevil show is flames

check this article out in regards to easter eggs

http://www.denofgeek.us/tv/daredevil/245324/daredevil-netflix-series-marvel-universe-easter-eggs-and-comic-references-guide
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I thought Antman was a scientist?

Pym isn't the only person who's been Ant-Man.
    Cain wrote: »
    I thought Antman was a scientist?

The original Ant-Man the gawd Hank Pym is a scientist. This particular guy is a criminal turned good guy Scott Lang who takes over the Ant-Man mantle while Pym was doing other ? like building Ultron and creating Pym particle's. I'm surprised this particular character got the nod before Black Panther tbh. BP back story is better and he can tie into Avengers and Cap movies with ease.

Gotcha
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjx-02XWuzk

Im sorry guys , dont shoot the messenger..

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice...
  • infamous114
    Options
    So you've pretty much watched the entire movie through clips.
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • (ob)Scene
    (ob)Scene Members Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2015
    Options

Not really... they keep showing the same 2-3 scenes over and over again spliced in various ways.

Not a spoiler at all but just in case...
    If this is in Wakanda as it's been reported then they've done the fictional city zero justice.
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    (ob)Scene wrote: »

Not really... they keep showing the same 2-3 scenes over and over again spliced in various ways.

If this is in Wakanda as it's been reported then they've done the fictional city zero justice.

Better than making Wakanda a rich African village with vibranium and spear chuckers.
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Better than making Wakanda a rich African village with vibranium and spear chuckers.
    That's south africa
  • (ob)Scene
    (ob)Scene Members Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

They couldn't make it a rich African city with vibranium minus the spear checkers? Even before the fight started they got it looking like a damn shanty town market w/ a bunch of dilapidated buildings.