Is it safe to say Curren$y > Jay-Z

Options

Comments

• power_wisdom
    power_wisdom Members Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Curren$y
    a bee wrote: »
    Wayne and Current$Y come up in NO together, was on the same label are about the same age. Wayne doesn't have a ? load of critically acclaimed albums. He got 2 and a bunch of mixtapes. Current$y has at least 3 critically acclaimed albums. Not including the albums he gave away for free and a bunch of mixtapes. Right now Wayne not in no one top 10. He's not a legend. He was hot for a minute, but theres a bunch of his peers that are more consistent then he is. T I, Ross, Em Game just to name a few. So I'm sorry the poll didn't go your way. The people have spoken. We all know Jay is a legend. (Unlike Wayne) But if you want to talk Current$y last couple of albums vs Jay last couple of albums, well that's a different story. But come on man. Stop it.

ti ross em game are not as consistent as wayne

All these artist except maybe Em have more critically acclaimed albums than Wayne. And all of them have stayed in top form or close to it. I never heard anyone question their skills declining.
  • R2_163
    R2_163 Members Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wayne and Current$Y come up in NO together, was on the same label are about the same age. Wayne doesn't have a ? load of critically acclaimed albums. He got 2 and a bunch of mixtapes. Current$y has at least 3 critically acclaimed albums. Not including the albums he gave away for free and a bunch of mixtapes. Right now Wayne not in no one top 10. He's not a legend. He was hot for a minute, but theres a bunch of his peers that are more consistent then he is. T I, Ross, Em Game just to name a few. So I'm sorry the poll didn't go your way. The people have spoken. We all know Jay is a legend. (Unlike Wayne) But if you want to talk Current$y last couple of albums vs Jay last couple of albums, well that's a different story. But come on man. Stop it.

pretty much this. ts can gtfoh with this spite thread

Facts:

1 Lil wayne will never be on jay level

2 Saying currensy>> wayne isnt that much of a stretch since wayne has 5 albums that are trash

3 pilot talk 2 is near classic

4 wayne is a ?

5 curresy last two albums were better than jay's last two albums

• BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jay-Z
    a bee wrote: »

ti ross em game are not as consistent as wayne

Not as consistently wack
  • power_wisdom
    Options
    Curren$y
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    Lmao y'all really scared to vote. Hilarious.

I like Curren$y but that had to have been the most blasphemous poll in the history of AllHipHop and you all should be ashamed of yourselves. The funny part is Wayne been bodying ? lately and that's undeniable.

Why can't y'all just go with the same premise of the last thread... is it that difficult?? Go head and discuss.

come on mane

yall not really wayne fans, yall worse than the ? who let him leave the studio with music that aint up to par. yall enablers.

Yo Bruh, real talk. This thread is blasphemous. No disrespect was intended to any Wayne fan on my thread. But Wayne not elite yet. So to say comparing Wayne to Current$y is like comparing Jay to Curren$y is nonsense. Jay is an elite Mc. He doesn't even have to do anymore. He's a legend.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yall blatantly disrespected Wayne so he did the sane to Jay. yall damn well Currensey body of work aint better than either but yall have ur circle ? hate parties lol
  • R2_163
    edited April 2015
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    yall blatantly disrespected Wayne so he did the sane to Jay. yall damn well Currensey body of work aint better than either but yall have ur circle ? hate parties lol

his body of work is better than wayne tho....

wayne has been trash for a long time now....... you do know that right?
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Curren$y
    Wayne bodied Big Sean ? , Nicki ? , Drake ? , Tyler the Creator ? .

But it's no sense in arguing with people who have terrible taste in music. Yall don't even respect Wayne's classic ? .

Same lames who didn't even really listen to IANAHB 1 and 2 more than once but grasp at every straw in the world to find something positive to say about Magna Camel Holy Weedplate. Same lames who don't have ? to say about the plethora of corny punchlines Jay, Kanye and J Colr recites but the first one to post a weirdo Complex article critiquing every bar on Carter 4. Same lames who haven't been to a club a day in they life.

YOU GUYS LISTEN TO WACK BORING WASHED UP RAPPERS and got the nerve to discredit Wayne's career. Eat a fat ? ? .
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2015
    Options

nobody said his body of work was better tho, ? just said his ? lately>>>wayne ? lately, why yall refuse to understand that?? yall a got damn lie if u say u bumpin carter 4, d5, i am a human being, or sorry for the wait like his old ? , like i said, if we look in the threads for them projects i bet its a whole different story, yall ? aint no damn wayne fans
  • buttuh_b
    Options
    Curren$y

nobody said his body of work was better tho, ? just said his ? lately>>>wayne ? lately, why yall refuse to understand that?? yall a got damn lie if u say u bumpin carter 4, d5, i am a human being, or sorry for the wait like his old ? , like i said, if we look in the threads for them projects i bet its a whole different story

Jay-Z new ? worse than Wayne ? so why is it the same ? in the other thread that was voting for Spitta scared to vote now? Is it because that awkward politically correct camel doesn't let loose and hop on a skateboard sometimes or what is it?

And this whole Wayne being weak ? is so exaggerated. He may not go as hard as he used to but he's still better than most of these poster's favorite rappers and yes he still raps better than Curren$y. You might like his production or projects better but as an MC Spitta will never be on Wayne's level. That thread was disrespectful as ? .
  • R2_163
    Options
    here's what i don't understand tho.

If one artist has

1 classic
    1 near classic
    1average
    4 trash albums(back to back)

how does that make his catalog better than a person with
    3 great albums
    1 good
    and 1 near classic

?
  • aneed123
    Options
    rubixcuban wrote: »

his body of work is better than wayne tho....

wayne has been trash for a long time now....... you do know that right?

Get the ? outta here. Carter 1 and 2 along with Drought series squad up and dedication and the same young money series he bodied both Mack Maine and Currensey with there auto skip verses on are better than Currensey. in real life U dont hear no one bumpin him no where but yall talk about dude like he a ? . u saying a cat with what a 5 year time period of supposedly good music is better than someone who been on damn near 20 years...... Just hate period. The og poster was making a point to see since Jay fell off would u have the same standard but favoritism wont allow yall to be objective and troll the same
  • aneed123
    Options

nobody said his body of work was better tho, ? just said his ? lately>>>wayne ? lately, why yall refuse to understand that?? yall a got damn lie if u say u bumpin carter 4, d5, i am a human being, or sorry for the wait like his old ? , like i said, if we look in the threads for them projects i bet its a whole different story, yall ? aint no damn wayne fans

u a lie that thread every specifically said career wise its not close Wayne is better but yall argued anyway
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options

nobody said his body of work was better tho, ? just said his ? lately>>>wayne ? lately, why yall refuse to understand that?? yall a got damn lie if u say u bumpin carter 4, d5, i am a human being, or sorry for the wait like his old ? , like i said, if we look in the threads for them projects i bet its a whole different story

Jay-Z new ? worse than Wayne ? so why is it the same ? in the other thread that was voting for Spitta scared to vote now? Is it because that awkward politically correct camel doesn't let loose and hop on a skateboard sometimes or what is it?

And this whole Wayne being weak ? is so exaggerated. He may not go as hard as he used to but he's still better than most of these poster's favorite rappers and yes he still raps better than Curren$y. You might like his production or projects better but as an MC Spitta will never be on Wayne's level. That thread was disrespectful as ? .

no, its because its obvious this thread is fueled on emotions.

ill say that some of wayne ? thats called weak lately isnt as weak as some say. but projects like new sorry for the wait or the last couple dedications are only played once by me, maybe the free weezy project will change that, but other than that im not tryna hear one of my fav rappers sound like a has been over the co-co beat, thats what's got yall so ready to downplay spitta? spitta projects the last 5-6 years>wayne projects not named no ceilings, u know damn well u not still bumpin that d4 fam. wayne still pop out a few bangers but the bars aint that special like they were, they just good songs. that thread wasnt disrespectful(the ? ghostwriting accusation was). stop acting like its impossible for someone who aint on the level they were on to be surpassed. nobody on here talkin bout spitta was ALWAYS better.
  • buttuh_b
    Options
    Curren$y
    Guerilla Warfare classic
    The Block is Hot very hot
    500 Degrees average
    Lights Out very hot
    Carter classic
    Carter 2 classic
    Carter 3 very hot
    IANAHB very hot
    Rebirth not rap
    Carter 4 pretty good
    IANAHB 2 pretty good
    Squad Up series classic
    Drought series classic
    Dedication series classic
    Prefix/Suffix classic
    Lilweezyana classic
    Like Father, Like Son almost classic
    Unreleased catalog top 5 all time
    Featured verses top 3 all time

Now shut the ? up.
  • buttuh_b
    Options
    Curren$y

ill say that some of wayne ? thats called weak lately isnt as weak as some say. but projects like new sorry for the wait or the last couple dedications are only played once by me, maybe the free weezy project will change that, but other than that im not tryna hear one of my fav rappers sound like a has been over the co-co beat, thats what's got yall so ready to downplay spitta? spitta projects the last 5-6 years>wayne projects not named no ceilings, u know damn well u not still bumpin that d4 fam. wayne still pop out a few bangers but the bars aint that special like they were, they just good songs. that thread wasnt disrespectful(the ? ghostwriting accusation was). stop acting like its impossible for someone who aint on the level they were on to be surpassed. nobody on here talkin bout spitta was ALWAYS better.

He still raps better than Curren$y
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    Guerilla Warfare classic
    500 Degrees average
    Lights Out very hot
    Carter classic
    Carter 2 classic
    Carter 3 very hot
    IANAHB very hot
    Rebirth not rap
    Carter 4 pretty good
    IANAHB 2 pretty good
    Squad Up series classic
    Drought series classic
    Prefix/Suffix classic
    Lilweezyana classic

Now shut the ? up.
    you actin like u cant read, how many times i gotta say nobody saying curren$y whole career of music is better, yet yall keep bringing up weezy whole career, how yall defending wayne and feeling disrespected but cant read?

notice u aint name none of his latest mixtapes, hmmmm

carter 4 more like pretty just right above average

stoned immaculate as a whole>>>anything wayne dropped after no ceilings, pilot talk 1 and 2 right on par with ianahb 1 and 2. yall aint wayne fans yall dickriders/enablers. stop it.
  • R2_163
    Options
    Guerilla Warfare classic
    500 Degrees average
    Lights Out very hot
    Carter classic
    Carter 2 classic
    Carter 3 very hot
    IANAHB very hot
    Rebirth not rap
    Carter 4 pretty good
    IANAHB 2 pretty good
    Squad Up series classic
    Drought series classic
    Prefix/Suffix classic
    Lilweezyana classic

Now shut the ? up.

bolded is the only accurate statements imo

it's all subjective fam. don't take things too personally.

some ? think coolio is goat and soulja boy is underrated. I ain't gonna knock them

• buttuh_b
    Options
    Curren$y
    Guerilla Warfare classic
    500 Degrees average
    Lights Out very hot
    Carter classic
    Carter 2 classic
    Carter 3 very hot
    IANAHB very hot
    Rebirth not rap
    Carter 4 pretty good
    IANAHB 2 pretty good
    Squad Up series classic
    Drought series classic
    Prefix/Suffix classic
    Lilweezyana classic

Now shut the ? up.
    you actin like u cant read, how many times i gotta say nobody saying curren$y whole career of music is better, yet yall keep bringing up weezy whole career, how yall defending wayne and feeling disrespected but cant read?

notice u aint name none of his latest mixtapes, hmmmm

carter 4 more like pretty just right above average

stoned immaculate as a whole>>>anything wayne dropped after no ceilings, pilot talk 1 and 2 right on par with ianahb 1 and 2. yall aint wayne fans yall dickriders/enablers. stop it.

The post wasn't directed to you. It was to the other guy. And I said you can feel Curren$y make better projects or music but you can't say he's a better rapper.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options

He still raps better than Curren$y

thats fine, i cant wait till he stops bullshittin an actually does it.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options

u a lie that thread every specifically said career wise its not close Wayne is better but yall argued anyway

right, many of us also said spitta got nothing matchin prime wayne, just that spitta surpassed what wayne doing now, so with bolded, how is it disrespectful and how yall dont understand underlined? artists have surpassed the ? wayne doing last few years, we shouldnt have had to argue that, it should be obvious.
  • buttuh_b
    Options
    Curren$y
    As for Dedication 4, Sorry 4 the Wait 1 & 2, No Ceilings we're currently in an era where mixtapes aren't like that. He's still rapping on other people's beats. I'm just not into that ? any more but he's still spitting. I think on Sorry 4 the Wait 2 he made too much references to the Cash Money situation but I was still ? with a lot of the ? . I know a lot of people complain about his voice and punchlines nowadays but the delivery, flow, creativity is all still there to me. He just oversaturated the market in 2007-2009 and everyone got tired of him (like I predicted) but most people up north/out west weren't even hip to him like that before then so there's a big lack of respect for his overall body of work and when I see that ? I gotta defend Wayne because he really is one of the GOATs. Plus he has odd behavior, not politically correct, etc.. so of course he gets a lot of unfair hate.
  • power_wisdom
    Options
    Curren$y
    I called Current$y Wayne protege in the Current$y>Wayne thread. So yes it was common knowledge that Wayne was better then Spitta back then. That why I asked did he surpass him. But Spitta is about the same age as Wayne. Jay-z Damn near 50. And he could probably still out rap a bunch of new rappers. In the words of 50 Cent. "You so emotional, you remind me of my ? ." Stop this nonsense.