Options
    shoot the pigs
  • fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stiff wrote: »
    chiyosuke wrote: »
    D0wn wrote: »
    whats ? up is, where are the female posters, who whine about "blk men getting all the attention". "Black woman lives matter too"???
    they dont even bother discussing this ? .

One thing I noticed in my neck of the woods is that Black women, espcially of the current generation don't give a ? about ? unless it pertains directly to them or their motives. They might do some fake ass fb/twitter/IG outrage but then it's back to mindlessness, mcms, wcs, Empire, Housewives, et al.

That's like 80% of ? too tho..that's more of a generational thing than a gender thing

Gender plays a big role too.I know more women like that than men.Men are the leaders though so we tend to be more conscious.

Lmao please, you givin ? too much credit. Ppl of our generation are ignorant as ? , gender aside.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    whats ? up is, where are the female posters, who whine about "blk men getting all the attention". "Black woman lives matter too"???

One thing I noticed in my neck of the woods is that Black women, espcially of the current generation don't give a ? about ? unless it pertains directly to them or their motives. They might do some fake ass fb/twitter/IG outrage but then it's back to mindlessness, mcms, wcs, Empire, Housewives, et al.

That's like 80% of ? too tho..that's more of a generational thing than a gender thing

Gender plays a big role too.I know more women like that than men.Men are the leaders though so we tend to be more conscious.

Lmao please, you givin ? too much credit. Ppl of our generation are ignorant as ? , gender aside.

Which is sad, because we're the most educated generation yet
  • Trillaaaaaa
    Trillaaaaaa Members Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    One of my good homeboys in 2007 ran from the police, jumped in a pond to try and get away and they tased him in the water. RIP to this girl and RIP to my ?

If this is true, it's not funny... But it's funny as ?

smh why would I lie about that?

If it entertained you though, I guess thats a positive thing
  • Darth Sidious
    Darth Sidious Members Posts: 2,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The reality is that services for the mentally ill are non-existent and have been shut down with budget cuts.

That being the case, when the Police are called it's most likely at a crisis state. There are no homes to take care of the mentally ill so we use jails.

Police should not be tasked with this work but we demand they do it because nobody else will

Our Criminal Treatment of the Mentally Ill

http://www.usnews.com/opinion/articles/2014/05/14/the-mentally-ill-are-treated-like-criminals-by-the-police

They are guilty of living while mentally ill. And they deserve better.

Far too many recent instances across the country demonstrate that some police react to mental illness on the streets with brute – and sometimes fatal – force. In Albuquerque, New Mexico, a 38-year-old mentally ill man, James Boyd, was fatally shot by police. In Fullerton, California, police officers were acquitted of beating a severely mentally ill man to death, Kelly Thomas, age 37. In Saginaw, Michigan, six police officers shot Milton Hall, age 49, a mentally ill homeless man, 47 times, killing him. He was suspected of stealing a cup of coffee.

Many condemn these killings. Many deplore the police officers’ brutality. True, many police treat mentally ill citizens with respect and dignity. But one death is too many.

Yet the larger issues at play have gone unnoticed. Police are routinely called to manage persons with mental disorders if there is an incident or disruption, forcing police to act as street corner psychiatrists. Jails have become the poor person’s mental hospital. Arrest is the default option to manage persons with severe mental disorders. Because we lack proper facilities, funding, and a basic understanding of mental illness, we treat persons with mental disorders like criminals.

More persons with mental disorders now live in the community than ever before because of pivotal changes in our mental health and legal systems. The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration estimates that 9.6 million adults living in the United States have a serious mental illness. These disorders include schizophrenia and persons with manic episodes or major depressive episodes.

Deinstitutionalization, implemented in the early sixties, resulted in thousands of inpatients with severe mental disorders to be released into the community. Today, long-term inpatient stays are rare, even for persons with serious psychiatric disorders.

In 1955, there were 340 inpatient beds per 100,000 citizens in the United States. That number dropped by 95 percent to 17 inpatient beds per 100,000 citizens by 2005. The mean length of stay has also continued to plummet. In 1969, the stay was 421 days. It dropped to 189 days in 1978. By 2010, the mean length of stay was 7.2 days.

Lest we forget, deinstitutionalization of individuals with severe psychiatric disorders was a great advance. It was implemented in large part because new medications allowed for less restrictive care of persons with severe mental disorders such as schizophrenia and mood disorders. Of course, deinstitutionalization also saved states money by shifting costs from inpatient care at state hospitals to outpatient care at community mental health centers. Unfortunately, federal funding supporting the requisite community infrastructure was cut. The money did not follow the patients, who were now living in the community.

Funding for mental health treatment continues to plummet. The National Alliance on Mental Illness notes that states cut more than $1.6 billion from their state mental health budgets since 2009. This comes at a time when the demand for mental health services had significantly increased.

Continuous funding cuts have had disastrous consequences. The lack of housing is a particular problem. No one needs a government report to note the numbers of homeless persons on the street, more than one-quarter of whom have a severe mental illness.

These changes have set the stage for what some call the criminalization of the mentally ill. Consider these scenarios: Dressed in a ski jacket in July, a woman talks animatedly to no one in a department store. You discover a disheveled homeless man sleeping in your car. Some people may panic. Their concern is likely driven by high-profile events of persons with mental disorders perpetrating violent crimes.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    But that cracka with the "mental illness" that shot up the movie theatre got apprehended. This girl gets shocked to death, black lives ? matters smh.
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How heavy is 130 pounds, really?
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    One of my good homeboys in 2007 ran from the police, jumped in a pond to try and get away and they tased him in the water. RIP to this girl and RIP to my ?

His escape plan was a pond?

?
  • Trillaaaaaa
    Trillaaaaaa Members Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trollio wrote: »

His escape plan was a pond?

?

glad yall think ? is funny....get some more lols
  • EyeofAsaru
    EyeofAsaru Members Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    These headlines get more and more sadistic,strange and demonic each day....

They did this to this woman dressed in white bio hazard suits...

Boy these physical incarnations of demons are not playing..I highly suggest people stay firm on their square and be careful living out here in Babylon..
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    EyeofAsaru wrote: »
    These headlines get more and more sadistic,strange and demonic each day....

They did this to this woman dressed in white bio hazard suits...

Boy these physical incarnations of demons are not playing..I highly suggest people stay firm on their square and be careful living out here in Babylon..

Ppl use to get tortured worst way back when.

I'm pretty sure that was more living in Babylon then it is now.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LUClEN wrote: »

Which is sad, because we're the most educated generation yet

It's an issue of self awarness, not education. There is a possibility of increased self awarness With education but a lot of regurgitation can impede self awarness
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wow this ? happened in Fairfax? That's crazy.

them crackers dont' ? around out VA....i go to work and VA then get the ? outta dodge
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@? _Lyfe
  • willywanker
    willywanker Members Posts: 787 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No video just another article? If this is true then rip to the lady, I don't trust most of what I read online it's way to easy for anybody to spread lies and fear.
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/crime/prosecutor-will-not-pursue-charges-in-death-of-mentally-ill-inmate-in-va/2015/09/08/ff2ecf7a-564f-11e5-b8c9-944725fcd3b9_story.html
    Prosecutor will not pursue charges in death of mentally ill inmate in Va.

A prosecutor will not pursue charges in the death of a mentally ill woman who died after being restrained and Tasered at the Fairfax County jail in February.

Natasha McKenna, 37, resisted a team of deputies, which was trying to remove her from her cell and transfer her to Alexandria to face charges of assaulting a police officer there in January.

The deputies placed handcuffs, leg restraints and a mask on McKenna, before Tasering her four times, according to an incident report. McKenna stopped breathing a short time later and died days later at a hospital.

“I conclude that...deputies acted lawfully and reasonably under the circumstances in attempting to restrain and control Ms. McKenna,” Commonwealth’s Attorney Raymond F. Morrogh wrote in a 52-page report, released Tuesday. “The deputies were tasked with a cell extraction involving a severely mentally ill woman with a history of recent violence and resistance towards police officers, deputies and medical personnel.”

A state medical examiner ruled in April that McKenna’s death was an accident linked to the use of the Taser and being restrained. Her death was attributed to a rare and controversial condition called “excited delirium,” where a person with mental illness or on drugs grows so agitated their heart or lungs suddenly give out.

The death of the woman, who was diagnosed with schizophrenia at age 12, stirred an outcry from her family and local mental health advocates, who questioned why such force was used in her case. Some law enforcement experts shared their concerns.

“This decision sends a frightening message to members of minority groups and the mentally impaired about equal protection in Fairfax County,” the family’s attorney Harvey J. Volzer wrote in an e-mail Tuesday.

SMDH...
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? that prosecutor and those ? cops smh got away with another murder.
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/prosecutor-bring-charges-inmates-death-33610790
    Deputies told Morrogh in the report that the 181-pound McKenna was the most difficult inmate they had ever encountered, that she possessed what they described as superhuman strength during the struggles. One inmate said the growls McKenna made during a prior struggle were comparable to a demonic possession.

They went w/ ol' super ? excuse defense.. Smh...
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Meester wrote: »
    They pull us out of our land to make their lives better then abuse us just because and cant see why they aint ? .

Right, and I'm still trying to figure where the lazy stereotypes for us came from, all we did was build the foundation for this country at the expense of losing damn near everything we knew and loved. Then, they tore our ? up whenever we got free and tried to get independent and do our own ? . Sometimes I imagine what the world would be like had they left our communities alone and let them prosper.