Official Star Wars Cinematic Universe Thread: Now Showing : Ep VIII - The Last Jedi (15 Dec)

Options

Comments

• Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    reapin505 wrote: »
    Yo_Killa! wrote: »
    The light saber is the the one Luke lost in part 5. And the same one anakin lost in part 3

How did he find it again? They should have stuck with the green sabre.

Supposedly that's how the story starts. The black dude in the movie finds it on a planet and they try to find luke

yeah that was posted a few pages back. they said they found it on planet bespin and i dismissed that article as bogus because bespin is gaseous and human can't survive in that atmosphere. i guess they had on suits with breathing apparatus.

It fell down a reactor shaft or something, I doubt it fell onto(or into rather) Bespin itself. Junkers in this galaxy find ? in stranger places

I swear in empire strikes back you can see likes severed hand falling towards the planet when he falss out of that shaft. I think that was in the special edition.
  • reapin505
    reapin505 Members Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The light saber is the the one Luke lost in part 5. And the same one anakin lost in part 3

How did he find it again? They should have stuck with the green sabre.

Supposedly that's how the story starts. The black dude in the movie finds it on a planet and they try to find luke

yeah that was posted a few pages back. they said they found it on planet bespin and i dismissed that article as bogus because bespin is gaseous and human can't survive in that atmosphere. i guess they had on suits with breathing apparatus.

It fell down a reactor shaft or something, I doubt it fell onto(or into rather) Bespin itself. Junkers in this galaxy find ? in stranger places

I swear in empire strikes back you can see likes severed hand falling towards the planet when he falss out of that shaft. I think that was in the special edition.

It might of been, I haven't watch empire for awhile now. Or they could of had a net or it knocked some alien mfer the hell out that was driving underneath
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2015
    Options
    i liked how they hinted that leia is force sensitive also

but i wonder who luke is talking to
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How many years after 6 is this supposed to be again?
  • reapin505
    Options
    A few decades from what I heard
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    George Lucas outchea hating

He said something about the trailer?
  • Splackavelli
    Options
    George Lucas outchea hating

He said something about the trailer?

He said he hasnt watched either or trailer and doesnt intend to.

Ha haha maybe next time he wontbrelease a prequel triology where 2 of the movies had ? awful script and bland characters and some kind of frog creature with flippers on its head that spoke with a stereotypical Jamaican accent. Let's burn jar jar Bink's in ephegy.
  • reapin505
    Options
    Unrelated to the new film (well to an extent), but I take what I said about Star Wars Rebels. I wished they finished clone wars but...watch the damn trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Av8GjpGK98A&feature=em-uploademail
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i liked how they hinted that leia is force sensitive also

but i wonder who luke is talking to

The white ? most likely
  • Splackavelli
    Options
    Unrelated to the new film (well to an extent), but I take what I said about Star Wars Rebels. I wished they finished clone wars but...watch the damn trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Av8GjpGK98A&feature=em-uploademail

You should check out my thread .
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rebels could be GOAT, but that ? is too goofy in some ways. It's ridiculous how no one hits anyone when they shoot. I get it's for younger audiences, but still.
  • reapin505
    Options
    Rebels could be GOAT, but that ? is too goofy in some ways. It's ridiculous how no one hits anyone when they shoot. I get it's for younger audiences, but still.

First two episodes several stormtropers were dying, getting shot in the chest and blown the ? up. Hell one even was kicked off a ledge by his officer.I thought the same as you, trust me though people are dying, there is talk of genocide etc. Clone Wars started off smooth too, by the second season they had clones saying damn, hell and ? . I haven't heard cartoons "cussing" since the toonami days lol.
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    John Boyega could possibly be a jedi at least I'm hoping it is. His outfit has a holder for a light saber in the concept art that was shown.
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    How many years after 6 is this supposed to be again?

Pretty sure it's 30 years after
  • YoungChamp
    YoungChamp Members Posts: 298 ✭✭
    Options
    I'm guessing this woman they keep showing is Han solo and Leia's daughter and Luke is speaking to her as she hands him his old light saber . Therefore making her his niece. John Boyega looks like he's always into something. Every frame they show he's panting and breathing hella hard. But correct me if I'm wrong but I thought the The Empire was gone after Vader and Palpatine were killed. The death star blew up and everything. How is their still tie fighters and x-wings flying about? I would imagine even 30 years past episode 6 that a new Republic would be reborn.
  • dogfromduckhunt
    dogfromduckhunt Members Posts: 694 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    YoungChamp wrote: »
    But correct me if I'm wrong but I thought the The Empire was gone after Vader and Palpatine were killed. The death star blew up and everything. How is their still tie fighters and x-wings flying about? I would imagine even 30 years past episode 6 that a new Republic would be reborn.

Still had moffs, grand moffs, planetary governors, etc, to deal with. Doubt The Empire was a bad deal for everybody so they wouldn't have a reason to just roll over. And it is a bureacracy so have a meeting, somebody gets the bump and the machine keeps rolling.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Does anybody know if they're going to release anything that's between 6 and 7 like a book or anything
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    YoungChamp wrote: »
    I'm guessing this woman they keep showing is Han solo and Leia's daughter and Luke is speaking to her as she hands him his old light saber . Therefore making her his niece. John Boyega looks like he's always into something. Every frame they show he's panting and breathing hella hard. But correct me if I'm wrong but I thought the The Empire was gone after Vader and Palpatine were killed. The death star blew up and everything. How is their still tie fighters and x-wings flying about? I would imagine even 30 years past episode 6 that a new Republic would be reborn.

Why would han and leia's daughter be a scavenger when she is royalty ?

Not sure who the woman is but if its their daughter she would not be raised as royalty as her parents explored the galaxy with one being a mercenary and both loved adventure.I am sure she would have the same urge to explore.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    chewbacca still alive in this ? ? mufucka gotta be ATLEAST 80 years old foh
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Well it's only 50 years since revenge of the sith, where he helped Yoda
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So the aliens age like humans?
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I heard Chewies species make it to a good 300 or 400 in the star wars books.
  • Splackavelli
    edited April 2015
    Options
  • Splackavelli
    Options
    Its a shame the prequels didn't turn out so good except for revenge of the with. Clone wars was mediocre at best