Bomani Jones Names Guru Most Overrated Rapper And Life After Death Most Overrated Album

Options

Comments

• BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dude is trippin and his opinion doesn't matter. Life After Death is super classic. Not overrated IMO.
  • willywanker
    willywanker Members Posts: 787 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I never ust to rate guru too highly but over time I have learnt to appreciate what he has done.
  • nex gin
    nex gin Members Posts: 10,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I've never heard of anybody rating Guru high on their lists of MCs, and I know it's his opinion about LAD.....but dude is buggin.
  • bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    agree on life after death....i like guru but i could see the arguement, however most overrated of all time? i can't go that far
  • 9TRAY
    9TRAY Members Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Disc 2:

Notorious thugs
    Sky is the limit
    Ten ? commandments
    Your nobody till somebody kills you
    Long kiss goodnight
    Going back to Cali
    My downfall

tumblr_moipk8rnqu1qbzayeo1_500.gif

I know he's entitled to his opinion but its wrong

He believes Going Back to Cali wasn't that good, and I'd agree. So, take that off the list. That's 6 out of 12 songs are good, and the others are mediocre or bad. How does that not support his opinion?
  • a_list
    a_list Members Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Guru was a solid rapper, but was never in a lot of top rappers lists....He trippin about LAD....
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Options
    Disc 2:

Notorious thugs
    Sky is the limit
    Ten ? commandments
    Your nobody till somebody kills you
    Long kiss goodnight
    Going back to Cali
    My downfall

tumblr_moipk8rnqu1qbzayeo1_500.gif

I know he's entitled to his opinion but its wrong

He believes Going Back to Cali wasn't that good, and I'd agree. So, take that off the list. That's 6 out of 12 songs are good, and the others are mediocre or bad. How does that not support his opinion?

141088-Tyreese-nope-backs-away-gif-Im-vg8o.gif
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    lol Going Back to Cali was not a great song. If you like it, cool, but you're just being a fanboy if you're acting like that song is some kinda classic that has to be loved. That's a skip for me every time I listen to the album.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Who hell thinks Life After Death is better than Ready to Die?
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Options
    lol Going Back to Cali was not a great song. If you like it, cool, but you're just being a fanboy if you're acting like that song is some kinda classic that has to be loved. That's a skip for me every time I listen to the album.

Bruh I stay ? on biggie with my threads.

But saying going to Cali was wack is not a debatable argument. So imma just hit u with more gifs

tumblr_m3hcviRYWB1r01fyro1_r1_500.gif

• Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bomani is a crybaby hoe
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stiff wrote: »
    Never understood the terms "overrated" and "underrated" … if that's where ? rate them then that's just what it is

Word. 'Overrated' isn't really an actual thing. It just means that other people like some ? more than you like it. With that being said I agree that Guru was 'overrated' in my opinion. LAD was 'overrated' as well, though still a great album. Just had too many duds on it.
  • sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn funny how people forget about Mass Appeal smh
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Some people like some things, some don't, that's that man opinion. I dug Guru, grew up on him, remember hearing "Words I Manifest" in the summer of 1989 on Rap City, ? blew my mind. Biggie was cool, but to me he was not the goat, and I've never put any rapper over other rappers, depends on my mood at the time.
  • The Lonious Monk
    edited April 2015
    Options

Bruh I stay ? on biggie with my threads.

But saying going to Cali was wack is not a debatable argument. So imma just hit u with more gifs

tumblr_m3hcviRYWB1r01fyro1_r1_500.gif

? is wack to me, and I never ? on Biggie, so in your language.

chris%20tucker%20fuck.gif
  • Negro_Caesar
    Negro_Caesar Members Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ummmmm hes right. I always thought guru was garbage and that album shoukd have been 1 disc
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? _Caesar wrote: »
    Ummmmm hes right. I always thought guru was garbage and that album shoukd have been 1 disc

That's respect right there, and cats should'nt be mad at how you feel
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All double albums are better off as one disc.
  • Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? _Caesar wrote: »

That's respect right there, and cats should'nt be mad at how you feel

You're right, no one should be mad. But there are opinions that are baseless and often times flat out stupid. Guru being garbage is one of them. I can respect one's opinion on Guru, not being an MC they listen to but Garbage?

• I Self Lord & Master
    I Self Lord & Master Members Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This dude is contractually obligated on behalf of wack as espn to kiss ass of rappers we all kno wack and I'm sure he aint feeling at least some of them

He word is irrelevant behind that. Play your position