TheGOAT wrote: »
    Jabu_Rule wrote: »
    Stiff wrote: »
    People really think Black White Supremacists is a new phenomenon…NO there were Black White Supremacists at the inception of White Supremacy. There were Blacks who fought and DIED to maintain slavery. There were Blacks who owned Black SLAVES at slavery's INCEPTION in this country.

One of the earliest slave owners in this country was a Black Angolan who was a former slave his damn self

look it up:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_Johnson_(colonist)

Everybody that's Black ain't down for "the struggle" don't get it twisted.

And that was far from the norm. We don't have the term uncle tom for nothing.

It was far from the norm for native americans to own slaves too. Most couldn't even afford them. That's the point.

The tribe owned the slaves as a collective. They even had slaves during the trail of tears.

Not true. The only tribes that took up slavery were the Five Civlilized tribes…they adopted the ways of White America as an attempt to assimilate and were encouraged by White America to own slaves.
    The proportion of Cherokee families who owned slaves did not exceed ten percent, and was comparable to the percentage among white families across the South, where a slaveholding elite owned most of the laborers.[2] In the 1835 census, only eight percent of Cherokee households contained slaves, and only three Cherokee owned more than 50 slaves

You are VASTLY overstating Native American's ownership of Black slaves while also understating the roles Native Americans played in providing haven for run-away slaves.

I'm not talking about every single tribe as one. I'm talking about individual tribes. And the 5 main tribes are the only tribes that mattered around that point.

And they were the ones waring and negotiating. Nobody gave a ? about the other tribes. Period. They are the ones all the tales get told about, minus the slavery of course. And slavery occurred in the south so i guess the fact that they were southern tribes shouldn't matter since the majority of African slaves were in the south. Btw, it's even worse then i thought. Only 6% of whites owned slaves in the south. 1.5% overall. Natives were going ham percentage wise..

You have a problem differentiating between natives as a whole and a tribe. There are over 500 different tribes with there own cultures customs & languages.

You sound real ignorant right now.

Look up the Seminole tribe and their leader Osceola

They were in the south and were welcoming to runaway slaves and fought wars against the US army.

There are literally 100s of batttles about tribes and indians you never heard of because your white schoolbooks dont teach you ? besides the 1st Thanksgiving.

Word?
    who allied with Seminole groups in Spanish Florida. Historically the Black Seminoles lived in distinct bands; some were slaves of particular Seminole leaders, but they experienced more freedom than in white society, including the right to bear arms.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Seminoles

I guess we gotta stop blaming white America for never speaking out against the atrocities committed by other whites. I was just trolling with that post, but let's not act like the 5 Nations didn't have the biggest say in things in the United States. I mean, The Amish didn't enslave people either, that doesn't mean we don't speak on white slavery.
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So your not an idiot your just trolling

Ok im done here
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    So your not an idiot your just trolling

Ok im done here

So we gonna talk about those Seminoles enslaving my people? Or nah?
  • skpjr78
    skpjr78 Members Posts: 7,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    People really think Black White Supremacists is a new phenomenon…NO there were Black White Supremacists at the inception of White Supremacy. There were Blacks who fought and DIED to maintain slavery. There were Blacks who owned Black SLAVES at slavery's INCEPTION in this country.

One of the earliest slave owners in this country was a Black Angolan who was a former slave his damn self

look it up:

Dawg that Wikipedia link is for a boxer born in 1984

lmao got dammit the link redirects to the boxer. Here go another link which basically tells the same story

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Casor

Smh at using wikipedia as a credible source
  • Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    skpjr78 wrote: »

look it up:

Dawg that Wikipedia link is for a boxer born in 1984

lmao got dammit the link redirects to the boxer. Here go another link which basically tells the same story

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Casor

Smh at using wikipedia as a credible source

If you don't feel comfortable receiving information from "Wikipedia" then feel free to reference their sources by using the "References" section at the bottom of each article
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Fosheezy wrote: »
    I wish i knew more examples of blacks taking this type of stand against people making a mockery of their culture. But the things we accept for a lil chump change smh...

^^^^this here.......woooaaahhh

i hate hearing ? talk about....but i need to feed my family.
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • BamBamMr7Gram
    BamBamMr7Gram Members Posts: 329 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

look it up:

It was far from the norm for native americans to own slaves too. Most couldn't even afford them. That's the point.

The tribe owned the slaves as a collective. They even had slaves during the trail of tears.

How can some Indians own slaves walking to be relocated, and massacred along the trail of tears in which tribes traveled for thousands of miles

Y'all some ? ?
  • Jabu_Rule
    edited April 2015
    Options

look it up:

How can some Indians own slaves walking to be relocated, and massacred along the trail of tears in which tribes traveled for thousands of miles

Y'all some ? ?

Bruh, even the dude i was arguing with provided facts showing that they had slaves during that time. You tell me...
    enslaved Blacks were enlisted to labor for Cherokees along the way; they hunted, chopped wood, nursed the sick, washed clothes, prepared the meals, guarded the camps at night, and hiked ahead to remove obstructions from the roads.

http://inamerica.blogs.cnn.com/2012/02/25/pain-of-trail-of-tears-shared-by-blacks-as-well-as-native-americans/

Lmao. I will submit that it was regional and i shouldn't blame all Indians, but let's not act like i didn't kick facts..
  • BamBamMr7Gram
    Options
    Cherokee Indians also discredit other native American tribes in order to receive government funding as well
  • BamBamMr7Gram
    Options
    Little excerpt about Indian slavery since you need proof

Many Native American tribe's attitudes toward slavery were different than those of other tribes. Never practicing chattel slavery, they took in fugitive slaves and claimed them as their own 'property' to protect the blacks from slave-catchers. In return, the blacks, who lived in separate villages in the Seminole country, gave livestock and crop tributes to the Indians. The blacks and Seminoles also formed a military alliance, with the blacks serving the Indians as warriors and strategists. In some instances, the blacks would intermarry into the Seminole community
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So is anyone going to tell this guy that most blacks that came to the Americas were slaves owned by other blacks and sold to whites? So if we going to hate Native Americans for having black slaves, we go to hate ourselves too.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is what I mean about white people. Violatin' other races isn't enough. They've gotta make fun of the people they tried to ? smh
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So is anyone going to tell this guy that most blacks that came to the Americas were slaves owned by other blacks and sold to whites? So if we going to hate Native Americans for having black slaves, we go to hate ourselves too.
    Lmao @ This cracka .. Cac wanna b black so bad
  • Allah_U_Akbar
    Allah_U_Akbar Members Posts: 11,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Leave it to the I.C. to take a thread about a ? Adam ? movie....

And turn it into a "But, but Africans owned slaves, too" thread.

SMH
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »

So now I'm a cracka because I acknowledge facts? How do you think white people got the slaves to bring here ? ? Ya'll ? really running around here believing white people went to Africa and stole millions of people? Let me clue you in on something. For most of the slave trade, whites didn't have the power to invade Africa and just take people. The only reason they were able to fill ships full of Africans is because Africans provided them.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »

So now I'm a cracka because I acknowledge facts? How do you think white people got the slaves to bring here ? ? Ya'll ? really running around here believing white people went to Africa and stole millions of people? Let me clue you in on something. For most of the slave trade, whites didn't have the power to invade Africa and just take people. The only reason they were able to fill ships full of Africans is because Africans provided them.

Its funny bcuz fake militants really believe this lol

• fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Adam ? always looked ignorant to me...

Dude mad corny in all his movies, hes never been funny.
  • skpjr78
    skpjr78 Members Posts: 7,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I didnt even know adam ? still made movies. Everything he makes is dumb as ? . Thats my boy was the last movie of his that i saw. That ? was literally the worst movie ive seen in my life. Literally
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hate it it when threads divert into a history lesson can we stay on the subject people?
  • Jabu_Rule
    Options
    Yo_Killa! wrote: »
    I hate it it when threads divert into a history lesson can we stay on the subject people?

If it didn't, this thread would have disappeared into the abyss.
  • CracceR
    CracceR Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i thought waterboy and happy gilmore was funny, other than that f dude's career
  • Allah_U_Akbar
    Allah_U_Akbar Members Posts: 11,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yo_Killa! wrote: »

• Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Anyway, ? Adam ? . I only liked him in Click.

Happy Gilmore was funny