Comments

• lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gonna have to abandon this thread for a while
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I haven't even seen the movie and I've been saying the same thing.

Think about the last 5-6 months. Outside of the past few weeks, what have people been talking the most about? Civil War, Thanos, and Spiderman.

-We already know that no one significant will die so that takes out the danger element.

-We know Civil War will happen so the threat of Ultron really won't leave THAT many consequences if Cap and Tony can find time to bicker at each other for an entire movie.

-We know that Spider-Man, Black Panther, Captain Marvel, GOTG, and Inhumans are coming so there is no shortage of team building to look forward to.

My one concern this whole time is, with Loki sitting on the throne of Asgard and Thanos looking over the universe, how will this movie make us give a damn about an evil AI and his robot army? ? will without a doubt get astronomically worse.

People said Iron Man 2 had too much going on and that was my favorite in the series. I just want a great movie and I'm sure this will deliver.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    haven't read a spoiler or watched anything except for 2 trailers .

Not letting my experience getting spoiled.. I don't know ? about this movie lol

I don't understand why y'all would wanna read reviews, insider info, extra clips , etc

• The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I haven't even seen the movie and I've been saying the same thing.

Think about the last 5-6 months. Outside of the past few weeks, what have people been talking the most about? Civil War, Thanos, and Spiderman.

-We already know that no one significant will die so that takes out the danger element.

-We know Civil War will happen so the threat of Ultron really won't leave THAT many consequences if Cap and Tony can find time to bicker at each other for an entire movie.

-We know that Spider-Man, Black Panther, Captain Marvel, GOTG, and Inhumans are coming so there is no shortage of team building to look forward to.

My one concern this whole time is, with Loki sitting on the throne of Asgard and Thanos looking over the universe, how will this movie make us give a damn about an evil AI and his robot army? ? will without a doubt get astronomically worse.

People said Iron Man 2 had too much going on and that was my favorite in the series. I just want a great movie and I'm sure this will deliver.

I cosign the bold. I don't think it's contradictory to say that there are obvious flaws going into this movie while also believing it will be a good movie.
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’ Foreign Rollout Begins and Disney Projects $160 Million Weekend

marvel-avengers-age-of-ultron.jpg

Marvel’s superhero sequel will open in roughly 55 percent of its overseas markets this weekend ahead of May 1 debut in U.S.

“Avengers: The Age of Ultron” began its international rollout Wednesday, and Disney is projecting the Marvel superhero sequel will take in between $160 million and $175 million by the end of the weekend.

It is debuting in France and Italy on Wednesday, and in Korea, the U.K, Brazil, Australia, Russia, Germany and Argentina on Thursday. By the weekend, it will be in 55 percent of the foreign markets it will play in.

It rolls out in North America on May 1, and is expected to challenge the opening weekend record of $207.3 million set by the original “Avengers” in 2012. That one opened to $185 million overseas, with 37 markets tracked.

“Age of Ultron” could well challenge the record for the biggest worldwide opening on that May 1 weekend. The first “Avengers” took in $392 million globally on its first weekend globally. That’s the third-best ever, behind two “Harry Potter” movies — “Half Blood Prince ($394 million) and “Deathly Hallows Part 2 ($483 million)
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    haven't read a spoiler or watched anything except for 2 trailers .

Not letting my experience getting spoiled.. I don't know ? about this movie lol

I don't understand why y'all would wanna read reviews, insider info, extra clips , etc

cough ICK1S cough
  • 1CK1S
    Options
  • trilladelic
    trilladelic Members Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    super duper spoiler..watch at your own risk..
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hope Adam McKay didnt alter the screenplay and script too much. Sure there had to be some big differences though if it made Wright leave entirely. I was really excited for Wright to direct Ant Man, was also bummed it wasnt going to be in the big marvel movieverse though.
  • 1CK1S
    Options
    South Korea Pays Marvel $3.6M To Make Sure It Looks Cool in 'Avengers: Age of Ultron'

27DB013C00000578-3050093-image-a-40_1429695675836.jpg

The South Korean government paid an eye-watering £2.4million to the makers of the new Avengers movie to ensure the country is shown in a positive light, it has emerged.

Much of the comic book film, Avengers: Age of Ultron, was shot in Seoul and the country's culture ministry agreed to cover a third of filming costs in the city on the agreement the Republic of Korea is shown as 'high tech' and 'modern'.
    The use of public funds in what appears to be an extreme case of product placement has been criticised by South Koreans - as officials are having to wait with the rest of the world to see if the film, released on Thursday, will lift the country's reputation out of the shadow of it's headline-grabbing northern neighbour.

The move echoes that of Sony Pictures Entertainment and MGM, who recently made headlines after leaked emails revealed the Mexican government had offered the studios $20m to ensure a positive portrayal of the country in Spectre.

Kim Young-gun, who overseas the Korean Film Council's (KOFIC) incentive program for foreign films, said the film could transform the status of Seoul, which has been largely overlooked by Hollywood compared to its regional peers.

He told MailOnline: 'If we have that kind of huge film, which shows Korea in a more positive way, then we think the image of Korea will be changed in a positive way.'

In return, the country's culture ministry agreed to pay 30 percent of the cost of production in Seoul, about £2.4m. Only on Thursday will they know if it will boost the international image of the capital and make it as iconic abroad as Asian metropolises like Tokyo.

Kim said: 'KOFIC and the Ministry of Culture and Tourism, also, are concerned about how they will portray Korea in the film, but we are looking forward to seeing the film on Thursday.'

KOFIC has estimated the sequel to the 2012 hit The Avengers, which features an all-star cast including Scarlett Johansson and Robert Downey Jnr, could attract some 620,000 extra tourists to the country. The film has already sold 94 percent of its presale tickets.

• The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Joss Whedon Says Edgar Wright's 'Ant-Man' Was 'Best Script Marvel Ever Had'

When director Edgar Wright left his longtime passion project Ant-Man over “creative differences” with Marvel, no one was more shocked than Joss Whedon. In a lengthy new Buzzfeed profile of Whedon, the Avengers: Age of Ultron director says that he still has no idea what happened between Wright and Marvel — but that Wright’s Ant-Man screenplay was one of the best he’d ever seen.

“I thought the script was not only the best script that Marvel had ever had, but the most Marvel script I’d read,” Whedon tells Buzzfeed. “I had no interest in Ant-Man. [Then] I read the script, and was like, Of course! This is so good! It reminded me of the books when I read them. Irreverent and funny and could make what was small large, and vice versa.”

“I don’t know where things went wrong,” he continues. “But I was very sad. Because I thought, This is a no-brainer. This is Marvel getting it exactly right. Whatever dissonance that came, whatever it was, I don’t understand why it was bigger than a marriage that seemed so right. But I’m not going to say it was definitely all Marvel, or Edgar’s gone mad! I felt like they would complement each other by the ways that they were different. And, uh, somethin’ happened.”

British filmmaker Wright, known for his “Cornetto trilogy” of Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz, and The World’s End, began developing Ant-Man in 2006. Last May, Wright exited the project after eight years, with an official joint statement from Wright and Marvel citing “differences in their visions of the film.” Production resumed under new director Peyton Reed. Whedon is speaking more freely now that he’s stepping back from the Marvel universe, but last year, he gave a more understated show of solidarity for Wright: Tweeting out a picture of himself holding a Cornetto ice cream wrapper (below). Ant-Man is set to open on July 16.

That's all well and good, but the rumors are mostly that Wright didn't want Antman tied into the MCU at all. I don't care how good his script was, Marvel was right to tell him to kick rocks if he was inflexible on that.
  • nickel-us P
    nickel-us P Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    super duper spoiler..watch at your own risk..

its a fake

Aint look too fake to me
  • Carthaginian
    Carthaginian Members Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1CK1S wrote: »
    South Korea Pays Marvel $3.6M To Make Sure It Looks Cool in 'Avengers: Age of Ultron'

The South Korean government paid an eye-watering £2.4million to the makers of the new Avengers movie to ensure the country is shown in a positive light, it has emerged.

Much of the comic book film, Avengers: Age of Ultron, was shot in Seoul and the country's culture ministry agreed to cover a third of filming costs in the city on the agreement the Republic of Korea is shown as 'high tech' and 'modern'.
    The use of public funds in what appears to be an extreme case of product placement has been criticised by South Koreans - as officials are having to wait with the rest of the world to see if the film, released on Thursday, will lift the country's reputation out of the shadow of it's headline-grabbing northern neighbour.

The move echoes that of Sony Pictures Entertainment and MGM, who recently made headlines after leaked emails revealed the Mexican government had offered the studios $20m to ensure a positive portrayal of the country in Spectre.

Kim Young-gun, who overseas the Korean Film Council's (KOFIC) incentive program for foreign films, said the film could transform the status of Seoul, which has been largely overlooked by Hollywood compared to its regional peers.

He told MailOnline: 'If we have that kind of huge film, which shows Korea in a more positive way, then we think the image of Korea will be changed in a positive way.'

In return, the country's culture ministry agreed to pay 30 percent of the cost of production in Seoul, about £2.4m. Only on Thursday will they know if it will boost the international image of the capital and make it as iconic abroad as Asian metropolises like Tokyo.

Kim said: 'KOFIC and the Ministry of Culture and Tourism, also, are concerned about how they will portray Korea in the film, but we are looking forward to seeing the film on Thursday.'

KOFIC has estimated the sequel to the 2012 hit The Avengers, which features an all-star cast including Scarlett Johansson and Robert Downey Jnr, could attract some 620,000 extra tourists to the country. The film has already sold 94 percent of its presale tickets.

Smart politics I'd say. A movie as big as this one...with such worldwide appeal, will allow for millions to see Seoul Ina different light than the usual. That can drive tourism profits upward. That 2 million pound number will be recouped pretty quickly, I'd suspect.
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Freudian wrote: »

Smart politics I'd say. A movie as big as this one...with such worldwide appeal, will allow for millions to see Seoul Ina different light than the usual. That can drive tourism profits upward. That 2 million pound number will be recouped pretty quickly, I'd suspect.

Bad policy, ok politics.

This is an action movie. ? is going to get ? up. If you, as a cultural ministry, are willing to gamble money on a foreign made movie in the off chance that it will boost tourism, you are a fool.
  • Carthaginian
    Carthaginian Members Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Freudian wrote: »

Bad policy, ok politics.

This is an action movie. ? is going to get ? up. If you, as a cultural ministry, are willing to gamble money on a foreign made movie in the off chance that it will boost tourism, you are a fool.

We don't know that the entire movie will emphasize the destruction of Seoul, do we? Surely you know there are ways of filming a city/landscape to make it appear very appealing to certain movie-goers. Im sure that particular city shot, whenever it happens in the movie, will be a beautiful one, with the telltale tag of "Seoul-South Korea" on the bottom.

And trust me, that influences some people. There's an inevitable wish to visit that 'scene' in some minds...and thats what the Korean government is going for. That's the entire point.

The destruction shown, if any, won't matter because it's all fictional. What's bad policy is letting this information out...and for that, I suspect someone's getting the gulag.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Joss Whedon Says Edgar Wright's 'Ant-Man' Was 'Best Script Marvel Ever Had'

When director Edgar Wright left his longtime passion project Ant-Man over “creative differences” with Marvel, no one was more shocked than Joss Whedon. In a lengthy new Buzzfeed profile of Whedon, the Avengers: Age of Ultron director says that he still has no idea what happened between Wright and Marvel — but that Wright’s Ant-Man screenplay was one of the best he’d ever seen.

“I thought the script was not only the best script that Marvel had ever had, but the most Marvel script I’d read,” Whedon tells Buzzfeed. “I had no interest in Ant-Man. [Then] I read the script, and was like, Of course! This is so good! It reminded me of the books when I read them. Irreverent and funny and could make what was small large, and vice versa.”

“I don’t know where things went wrong,” he continues. “But I was very sad. Because I thought, This is a no-brainer. This is Marvel getting it exactly right. Whatever dissonance that came, whatever it was, I don’t understand why it was bigger than a marriage that seemed so right. But I’m not going to say it was definitely all Marvel, or Edgar’s gone mad! I felt like they would complement each other by the ways that they were different. And, uh, somethin’ happened.”

British filmmaker Wright, known for his “Cornetto trilogy” of Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz, and The World’s End, began developing Ant-Man in 2006. Last May, Wright exited the project after eight years, with an official joint statement from Wright and Marvel citing “differences in their visions of the film.” Production resumed under new director Peyton Reed. Whedon is speaking more freely now that he’s stepping back from the Marvel universe, but last year, he gave a more understated show of solidarity for Wright: Tweeting out a picture of himself holding a Cornetto ice cream wrapper (below). Ant-Man is set to open on July 16.

That's all well and good, but the rumors are mostly that Wright didn't want Antman tied into the MCU at all. I don't care how good his script was, Marvel was right to tell him to kick rocks if he was inflexible on that.

It was going to be a 70s period pop art style influenced by Steranko that was a lot more comical but I think after Scott Pilgrim the studio questioned giving him that much free reign stylistically.

That sounds terrible. I don't even know why people are pining over this dude. I'm not a fan of his other movies, but even trying to be objective I just don't see how is style fits well with the MCU.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ight so I peeped this beautiful helpin' of dopeness yesterday...
    Hawk Eye redeems himself for that pathetic performance last film. The twins are good. James Spader as Ultron is absolutely amazin' though. Lotta Easter eggs. Only gripe that Ultron went down a lil too easily for my taste.

The Hulk/Widow thing was dope. The New Avengers at the end was dope. Can't wait for Infinity Gauntlet
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Iron man2
    Iron man2 Members Posts: 60 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Just one week yall try to hold out lol.
  • GodNThaBuild'n
    GodNThaBuild'n Members Posts: 8,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Iron man2 lol wth
  • Iron man2
    Iron man2 Members Posts: 60 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Iron man2 lol wth

Was signed out my other account and apparently my password doesn't work so I guess it was changed smh.
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Been trying to avoid this thread... Dammit I feel like Carlito... Just keep getting pulled back in
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    calm down brotha, calm down.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's not out over there yet? Ah damn