The Official Marvel Cinematic Universe Phase 2 thread - Now Playing "AntMan"

Options

Comments

• Carthaginian
    Carthaginian Members Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I need work to end right now so I can put on my Thor jersey and get ready! Gadblast it....cubicles are hell
  • TheNightKing
    TheNightKing Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? _Yunn wrote: »
    that wasn't wakanda

They literally said they were going to Wakanda >:/

It wasnt Wakanda land they just eluded to it.

I agree. They weren't in Wakanda, that's just where the dude got the vibranium from. I can't see all that going down in Wakanda with no appearance from Black Panther. Could be wrong though.
  • TheNightKing
    Options
    When Vision popped up I was like who the hell is this?! I avoided this thread like the plague and not familiar with lesser known characters. Had to look him up after the movie.
  • nickel-us P
    nickel-us P Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Finna catch this sunday for the matinee with the fam
  • God_Yunn
    God_Yunn Members Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    that wasn't wakanda

They literally said they were going to Wakanda >:/

It wasnt Wakanda land they just eluded to it.

Wasn't denied or confirmed I just looked up
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    that wasn't wakanda

Oh yea, you're right that was just Klaw with the Wakandan soldiers. I can't wait to see Black Panther though.
  • BangEm_Bart
    Options
    Well sooner

...why? And they were In Wakanda

Na, they were on a ship leaving Wakanda. They were in South Africa on the outskirts of Wakanda.
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Members Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Lil' throwback for ya'll. Peep the Ultron fight at 19:30
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just got back, movie was dope. For people worried about reviews or whatever, this movie is for comic book fans. It completely delivers on that front. People saying its bloated or too sequel minded or whatever, they thinking bout this ? like its yo average action movie, but you cant do that. Not with this movie and not with the MCU in general.

No point in even comparing it to the first Avengers.
  • BangEm_Bart
    Options
    You're right focus,

That's why I liked it so much. There were a few minor changes in the movie that were different from comics but it delivered in the fashion to please comic readers.

Speaking of which:
    There will be a world war hulk movie.....YYYYAAAAAAAAAASSSSS ? !!!
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You're right focus,

That's why I liked it so much. There were a few minor changes in the movie that were different from comics but it delivered in the fashion to please comic readers.

Speaking of which:
    There will be a world war hulk movie.....YYYYAAAAAAAAAASSSSS ? !!!

No, there won't. Universal owns the solo movie rights to Hulk. Kevin Feige and Mark Ruffalo both said it.
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm glad Paul Bettany is being properly utilized. He was my favorite thing about A Knight's Tale.
  • bigduece69
    bigduece69 Members Posts: 387 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I saw the movie in 3D, which is my only complaint, cause 3D is never worth it. The movie was pretty good and the ending was a surprise.
    I'm also wondering since the Falcon is apart of the Avengers now will they stay true to the comic and eventually make him Captain America.
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Imax 3d I'm ready!!
  • BangEm_Bart
    Options
    Went to catch it again at the cinema and yeah ive decided its far superior to the first one.

One thing is that the novetly of all the superheroes being together kinda wore off because are now used to it , but i think this movie excels more on introducing new characters and the inner conflicts between all them.

I like the little conversations about non related fighting ? , little things like that made this epic.

Vision conversing with Thor about the hammer weight.

The cussing thing with Cap

Hawkeye and black widow talking about house renovations

I think Marvel excels at nerd humor and a little campness but it never comes off corny.

That final fight scene where all the avengers are protecting the vibranium core from ultron's robots was ? Epic.

Even the end credits with the Marble carvings of the characters was really cool.

Iron mayne's friday suit was cold as ? , that color scheme was on point

Lol didn't even spoiler it.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How many end credits were there? I was only able to stay for the first one and anyone one got a link to the others?
    Quick Silver most likely will be revived.It felt like it came straight out of a comic book,which is what I wanted.
    Will have to see it again cause my stomach was acting up and I couldn't focus on every thing.
  • TheNightKing
    Options
    One thing is that the novetly of all the superheroes being together kinda wore off because are now used to it...

This is the thing I think people take for granted. People are getting desensitized, but when you take a step back and think about it, you're getting a movie with actors and characters that carry their own feature films. Then they introduce new characters and villains seamlessly, each played by additionally good actors/actresses.

The movie really does play out like a live action comic book as other posters have said. The scenes when all are together fighting and tag teaming their powers is epic!

Cap put it best when he said together, because these movies give you a sense that they are truly a team that cares for one another. By the way, Captain is becoming one of my faves. He showed up in Winter Soldier and in this. I think him fighting with his shield a lot more is making a difference.
  • TheNightKing
    Options
    One thing is that the novetly of all the superheroes being together kinda wore off because are now used to it...

This is the thing I think people take for granted. People are getting desensitized, but when you take a step back and think about it, you're getting a movie with actors and characters that carry their own feature films. Then they introduce new characters and villains seamlessly, each played by additionally good actors/actresses.

The movie really does play out like a live action comic book as other posters have said. The scenes when all are together fighting and tag teaming their powers is epic!

Cap put it best when he said together, because these movies give you a sense that they are truly a team that cares for one another. By the way, Captain is becoming one of my faves. He showed up in Winter Soldier and in this. I think him fighting with his shield a lot more is making a difference.
  • BeleeDatPleighboy
    BeleeDatPleighboy Members Posts: 8,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Awesome movie

Vision was GOAT

Ultron was GOAT

character depth and expansion was GOAT

• Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2015
    Options
    YAAAASSSSS! They let Thor be Thor in this movie! He still didnt go all out though
  • eyes low
    eyes low Members Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Only issue I had with the movie is the focus on hawkeye. I don't care about him so it felt like a waste of time
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Hawkeye focus was needed.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    This is really superior from the first movie