Freddie Gray's Death Ruled A Homicide

Options

Comments

• r.prince18
    r.prince18 Members Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    where that lie come from he was selling drugs at the time the officers arrested him.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    r.prince18 wrote: »
    where that lie come from he was selling drugs at the time the officers arrested him.

and no money or drugs were found on him..

kys ?
  • DonGeis
    DonGeis Members Posts: 15
    Options
    Wow, I was still under the impression that he had drugs on him,

And the media was actually spewin' that ?
  • skpjr78
    skpjr78 Members Posts: 7,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    Stiff wrote: »
    jono wrote: »
    My issue is the fact that their entire chain of command is not being held accountable.

They knowingly kept on officer on the force that was mentally defective.

Have their ? on trial for gross negligence as well.

Including the Mayor though.

As far as the charges are concerned that's political theater at it's finest. Legally, it's totally doubtful she can prove...beyond any reasonable doubt, most of those charges.

It's more about throwing ice water on the riots, that's about it.

I wouldn't go that far. They can prove easily that he was unrestrained in the wagon--in violation of BPD General Order--and that it resulted in his death

They can also easily prove the false imprisonment charges : he was arrested with no probable cause established..once they committed the false imprisonment it was outside the scope of their duty so the assault charges can stick for roughing him up.
    Except...
    Illinois vs Wardlow.

A summary: in 2000, the United States Supreme Court made it legal for the police ability to stop a suspect who flees from them unprovoked, under the standard of "reasonable suspicion".

they had the legal right to stop him but once they did and found that he was not committing a crime they had to let him. they didnt do that. they arrested him without charge cause and that is illegal. they had the right to stop him but they broke the law when they took him into custody.
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The ? up part is that the bar is so low now that if we actually see justice in 1 in like 100 cop beatings, assaults, and flat out murders we'll think it's time to celebrate when the victim is still dead.
  • yahwehprofet
    yahwehprofet Members Posts: 976 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DWO wrote: »
    I can give a ? about the court case, my mind is more on the real problem at hand.

These cops could be convicted our go free, but the youth in those communities still gotta go home to a ? environment and are still only one crisis away from another implosion....

All this attention ain't come cuz a cop killed a kid...that ? happens all the time....they came to Baltimore cuz ? set the city on fire....that's the real problem that needs to be addressed....what's so ? up about Baltimore that we ready to burn this ? down...it's deeper than the police and it's deeper than Freddie gray

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zki_ayy7_7M

Please people check out this vid ...... Very powerful
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2015
    Options
    ...it's deeper than the police and it's deeper than Freddie gray

It's complex yet simple.

Simply put, it's American culture.

Be it a byproduct of how people are raised, experiences, influences, etc....Some people just don't like other people and refuse to have an open mind that they may possibly be wrong.

If you give them power over other people, their biases come out in practice....they exercise their power over those they don't like And people do what they learn they can get away with. This bleeds over into all aspects of American society....police, government policies, laws, education, labor, economics....etc.

There's no amount of training or money you can throw at that, only tangible punishments for stuff people do and hope others don't want to get punished if they do. But since justice depends on people with the power to determine the punishment....well if they don't like you either, it's ? you twice.

Media creates and reinforces the stereotypes which in turn create and solidify public opinion.
    The majority and their opinions will rule by shear numbers. Or a minority has to find a way to control the majority's money...to rule over them and their opinion.

? is this way because it's designed to be this way.....by those in power.
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://www.mediaite.com/tv/protester-who-confronted-geraldo-wont-let-outside-agitators-at-fox-lie-about-baltimore/
    Protester Who Confronted Geraldo: Won’t Let ‘Outside Agitators’ at Fox Lie About Baltimore

Baltimore resident Kwame Rose inadvertently became a viral sensation Tuesday night when he came between Geraldo Rivera and his Fox News cameras just as that city’s 10 p.m. curfew was going into effect. “You’re making a fool of yourself!” Rivera told the young man as he fired back, “We don’t your false coverage.”

A few days later, after Maryland State Attorney Marilyn Mosby brought charges against the six officers involved in Freddie Gray’s death and things had started to calm down in Baltimore, Media Matters spoke to Rose about his objections to “outside agitators” like Fox.

“I want people to know that this issue is bigger than some clip of me, it’s about Black Lives,” Rose said of his moment in the spotlight. “I have been out protesting for almost two weeks now without being on one camera. After Monday night when the media started pouring in, I sat at work and watched how the media basically forced people to believe that Baltimore was some Third World city. I just wanted to set the record straight and let it be known that this generation refuses to be misinterpreted.”

Rose lamented the fact that when media outlets “set up their camps in front of boarded up homes,” seemingly ignoring the organizers who were “cleaning up the streets as one community,” the “cameras weren’t rolling, nobody cared.”

“Outside agitators such as Fox News came onto the scene trying to exploit the situation,” Rose said of Rivera’s employer specifically. “I don’t care about the people watching Fox News, but I will not let you report lies about the people of this city.”

“Geraldo is like the majority of America,” he added. “He fears a black man so much that he [would] rather try to instigate a fight than to engage in a conversation. If you’ve seen the full clip of the video you’d know that his verbal assaults were a waste of breath.”

• stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8HCubGErsQ
    WBAL Creates Moving Messages For Baltimore

• BarryHalls
    BarryHalls Members Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TheGOAT wrote: »

giphy.gif

That reminded me when Lester Freamon tried to get his mixtape out there.

• Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I know we screaming black power

But let's not act like 3 of them ain't black.

We should be screaming ? the police
  • Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    I know we screaming black power

But let's not act like 3 of them ain't black.

We should be screaming ? the police

we should be screaming both … those black cops are pieces of a white supremacist power structure no different than the white cops at the end of the day
  • Stiff
    Options

soledad been a real 1 …she not with CNN no more????
  • not_osirus_jenkins
    not_osirus_jenkins Members, Banned Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can give a ? about the court case, my mind is more on the real problem at hand.

These cops could be convicted our go free, but the youth in those communities still gotta go home to a ? environment and are still only one crisis away from another implosion....

All this attention ain't come cuz a cop killed a kid...that ? happens all the time....they came to Baltimore cuz ? set the city on fire....that's the real problem that needs to be addressed....what's so ? up about Baltimore that we ready to burn this ? down...it's deeper than the police and it's deeper than Freddie gray

You spam this thread again I'm gonna ? you up.
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

This ? is a joke now... Do police not watch tv? Have they not heard how these over the top strong arm tactics are perceived?

Has nobody sat these ? down and just been like "ayo chill, ? is hot right now."
  • Stiff
    Options

This ? is a joke now... Do police not watch tv? Have they not heard how these over the top strong arm tactics are perceived?

Has nobody sat these ? down and just been like "ayo chill, ? is hot right now."

It's arrogance..they really feel like they're above any kind of consequence
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stiff wrote: »

soledad been a real 1 …she not with CNN no more????

I do think the guy brought up a good point. Just referring to the rioters as protesters will open the door for the same people that use "thug" in place of the "N" word to group all the protesters together. When it comes down to t, people who want to slander blacks will always find a way to do it. We should spend less time trying to get them to stop using their code and more time calling them out for who they are.
  • yahwehprofet
    Options

You spam this thread again I'm gonna ? you up.

???? Yah loves you,, I didn't make the vid.... So ,.........
  • yahwehprofet
    Options
    The real truth about these "random". Police killings. Is that they are not random... Multiple witnesses have testified that white males incited the teens in b-more to riot???
    They are preparing for a police state and what better incentive than an out of control city like b more???

It's clear to see and it's sad that the powers that be know exactly how to and when to do these things....

John 316.
  • yahwehprofet
    Options
    The real truth about these "random". Police killings. Is that they are not random... Multiple witnesses have testified that white males incited the teens in b-more to riot???
    They are preparing for a police state and what better incentive than an out of control city like b more???

It's clear to see and it's sad that the powers that be know exactly how to and when to do these things....

John 316.

I don't pretend to know and feel the black mans struggle.

But I do know that the truth is these acts are ochrestated.... So wack me no sign me,,,, I know its wickedness in high places... Fraternal order of police....
    Demonic factions.... These are spiritual ideas that YAH is allowing cuz it's the last days........