The Official Marvel Cinematic Universe Phase 2 thread - Now Playing "AntMan"

Options

Comments

• Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I did like those team assisted kills tho. Make me want to pull out marvel alliance to play.
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This movie was dope. Can't really complain. I'm hype to see what comes next and of course
    Thanos the gawd!!
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    (ob)Scene wrote: »
    Where would you all rate this movie on a scale of 1-10. I think that would give a better feel for where people stand on it.

I personally would put it at a 6.5 maybe a light 7.

8.5/10 not as bad as these ? say. It was pretty ? good.
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I had GOAT expectations but the end result was only aight IMO.
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Am I the only one that felt that they wasted time on hawkeye by showing his family. Could have spent that on black window and hulk's relationship so it doesn't look as ? ? that their only connection is that both are "monsters".
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2015
    Options
    mid-credits scene was underwhelming too. Thanos AGAIN?smh...
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I looked further into it.

The Whedon turned in somewhere between 3 1/2 and 4 hours of film. That in itself answers the issues of pacing and why certain storylines lacked detail.

I really don't want to give this movie a 7 but that's what we were given. If they give us a director's cut on DVD, and it's what I think it is, I'd be more than willing to give it a 9 and rank it above the first Avengers film.
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ok just coming from the theater and this movie was fire to me. Nice War machine cameo in the end battle and was good to see him and ironman team up. I loved the teamwork in this film for real a whole bunch of crazy ass combos. Ultron straight ? Klaw and was using the twins so easy and only figured it out because of Wanda. I'm glad they let Renner show more of his personality and everyone else did their thing. Vision wielding Mjlonir was hilarious and had Cap and Tony hating hard lol.
  • iron man1
    Options
    Tony having spare parts for the hulkbuster was smart as hell and Vision waw a boss and I'm glad they kept his phasing ability.
  • soul rattler
    Options
    Veronica is a bad ?
  • clairvoyance
    clairvoyance Members Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2015
    Options
    The first movie is on FX right now. Damn near all of Marvel's movies have been getting major play on tv.

What movie is Caesar referring to?
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    It is an extended cut announced
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    (ob)Scene wrote: »
    Where would you all rate this movie on a scale of 1-10. I think that would give a better feel for where people stand on it.

I personally would put it at a 6.5 maybe a light 7.

I say between 6.5 and 7.5 is probably right. I liked it better than the first captain america, both of the thor movies and ironman 2. But not as much as ironman 1 and 3, cap 2, avengers 1. I even liked Hulk better.
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Good ass movie I saw it today
  • Big Kola
    Big Kola Members Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I just saw the movie, I'm shocked it started so fast. But I enjoyed it, I liked the character development.
  • soul rattler
    Options
    The first movie is on FX right now. Damn near all of Marvel's movies have been getting major play on tv.

What movie is Caesar referring to?

The Avengers
  • Huey_C
    Huey_C Members Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wasn't bad but seemed very formulaic. Main bad guy + a legion/army+ giant ship/city crashing back into earth. Marvel needs to be a lil more innovative at this point, DC wants that crown.
  • God_Yunn
    God_Yunn Members Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Huey_C wrote: »
    Wasn't bad but seemed very formulaic. Main bad guy + a legion/army+ giant ship/city crashing back into earth. Marvel needs to be a lil more innovative at this point, DC wants that crown.

Who would crash a ship into earth?
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just saw it and I enjoyed it...just have one question because I think I'm being slow or forgot but what was ultron's original plan for vision? To eventually integrate himself and make that his body?
  • nickel-us P
    nickel-us P Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SMASH black widow

So wheres hulk?
  • iron man1
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    Just saw it and I enjoyed it...just have one question because I think I'm being slow or forgot but what was ultron's original plan for vision? To eventually integrate himself and make that his body?

Before Jarvis program was placed in the visions body it was just a better body for Ultron. That's why he was much more powerful than Ultron current form so he he used the rest of the vibranium to upgrade himself.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    iron man1 wrote: »

Before Jarvis program was placed in the visions body it was just a better body for Ultron. That's why he was much more powerful than Ultron current form so he he used the rest of the vibranium to upgrade himself.

Ahh okay cool just wanted to be sure

Btw ultron's dialog was both menacing and comical...oh and it was the GOAT when ultron first came to be and his booming inquisitive voice was talking to jarvis
  • iron man1
    Options
    iron man1 wrote: »

Ahh okay cool just wanted to be sure

Btw ultron's dialog was both menacing and comical...oh and it was the GOAT when ultron first came to be and his booming inquisitive voice was talking to jarvis

I know some didn't like his humor but he was entertaining to me. I was dying when he was listening to quicksilver and scarlett witch story of what happened to their parents. His face was killing me with his head tilted to the side like he was really into their story lol.