The Official Boxing Thread

Options

Comments

• playboy buddy rose
    playboy buddy rose Members Posts: 2,844 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    if manny was indeed fighting with a torn rotator cuff then i really question bob arum & freddie roach loyalty to him becaue if they really cared tey should have pushed this fight back.
  • Purr
    Purr Members Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Skip is sounding irrational.
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »

But.. But.. Dana White said it took to long to make the fight...
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Those are monster numbers right there if true
    50 told me go 'head switch the style up
    And if they hate then let 'em hate
    And watch the money pile up, the good life
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • PSN-Canibuss
    PSN-Canibuss Members Posts: 2,685 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Floyd made the easiest $200 million he's ever made in his career and lifetime in 36 minutes.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    Funny part of all the HATE Floyd is getting is if Manny could've beat Floyd in the same way Floyd just beat him. All the people hating on Floyd would be cheering Manny about how he blew Floyd away and Floyd whole career was a joke.

Yep it would have been called a "classic fight" and floyd would be overrated
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    Funny part of all the HATE Floyd is getting is if Manny could've beat Floyd in the same way Floyd just beat him. All the people hating on Floyd would be cheering Manny about how he blew Floyd away and Floyd whole career was a joke.

Yep it would have been called a "classic fight" and floyd would be overrated

Exactly it would been about how great Manny's footwork was instead of "running" how it is described about Floyd.
  • rico_ENS
    rico_ENS Members Posts: 896 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Negro_Caesar
    Negro_Caesar Members Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DWO wrote: »
    my face book status today
    B-) wrote:
    for all the "boxing fans" who were so heart broken on saturday night, another big fight is coming up this weekend, with james kirkland vs canelo alvarez on hbo.......now i know some of you have no idea who james kirkland is...i've been watching this kid for some time now, ..one of my favorite fights was when he ko'd joel julio back in 2009......and canelo is that red headed Mexican who also couldn't land a punch on floyd.... but hey... that's neither here nor there... this fight is sure to be exciting, as neither of these guys are defensive masters.....and since everybody magically and instantly becomes a boxing fan whenever floyd mayweather fights, i'm sure it hasn't worn off in one week, and you'll be tuning in this weekend..........if not i understand.......

U wont c 1 status about that fight
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rico_ENS wrote: »
    pz2wj7qizndsh5cvbi5y.gif
    [img][/img]

Manny rocked him and ran off like 10 head shots that all got blocked

I was smh like this stupid ? ain't even looking down and then he just gave up not understanding he wasn't going land that shot again
  • aka_OG
    aka_OG Members Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    skip was soo red his lips looked purple LMAO - too bad he didnt get through all his draw string arguments

may took that left better than he did mosleys right
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That shot didnt even seem that hard it was no the absolute tail end of the shot it was a good shot nonetheless though..

the most most effective part of Mayweathers game that fight was the punches he didnt even have to throw that Manny was thinking about
  • Angeles1son85
    Angeles1son85 Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn burger.king paid a milly to come out with floyd lol
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »
    Canelo is a defensive master ?
    yea iight.....hopefully kirkland give him that work.....

cuz trout gave canelo all he cuold handle, he just had no power......and we know james can bang....

i just worry about how much damage he takes in return
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn burger.king paid a milly to come out with floyd lol

Not to mention the watch company on his waste band and fan duel on his shorts I'm sure he got paid good money for those too never seen him with advertising on his trunks before