• CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Any match on ITV?
  • Figo
    Figo Members Posts: 8,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yung$ wrote: »
    Figo with the facts from the horses mouth! .....

ye. a lot of folks are miss inform. most don't like the general mourinho because he's a bonifide winner. his players says other wise.
    and mata can kick rocks. oscar was more worthy.
  • Figo
    Options
    juventus hopefully
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Oscar left out of Brazil's Copa America squad

Chelsea midfielder Oscar has been left out of Brazil ’s squad for the Copa America in Chile.

Coach Dunga confirmed the 23-year-old had been omitted from his group due to injury, following discussions with the Premier League club’s medical staff.

"He had an injury in his last training session with Chelsea," Dunga confirmed.

"We talked to Mourinho and with the Chelsea doctors. His period of recovery will be somewhat prolonged, so he will not be in the best condition. We think he will be better prepared for the World Cup qualifiers, which begin soon after the Copa America."

His absence provides the opportunity for Everton Riberio of UAE-based club Al-Ahli to return to the squad.

Real Madrid’s Marcelo, Monaco’s Fabinho, Casemiro of Porto and Santos striker Robinho were among those breathing a sigh of relief as their places in the squad were all confirmed after what had been a nervous wait.

The rest of the group is made up of those who have featured regularly since the World Cup, including David Luiz, Thiago Silva, and Barcelona star and captain Neymar.

The squad will meet at the Granja Comary training complex in Teresópolis on June 1 ahead of their final warm-up matches against Mexico and Honduras in what will be Brazil’s first games in front of a home crowd since last year’s World Cup.

Dunga was reappointed as Brazil coach after Luiz Felipe Scolari’s World Cup campaign acrimoniously in a 7-1 semi-final defeat to Germany.

The 51-year-old was previously in charge of his country between 2006 and 2010, leading them to the 2007 Copa America title in Venezuela.

The former World Cup-winning captain has led Brazil to eight consecutive Chevrolet Brasil Global Tour victories since his July 2014 appointment.

The Selecao will be looking for their ninth South American crown in Chile, where they have been drawn in Group C alongside Colombia, Peru and Venezuela.

They kick off their campaign on June 14 against Peru at the Estadio Municipal German Becker in Temuco.

Brazil squad in full

Goalkeepers : Jefferson (Botafogo), Diego Alves (Valencia), Marcelo Grohe (Gremio).

Defenders : David Luiz (PSG), Marquinhos (PSG), Thiago Silva (PSG), Miranda (Atletico Madrid), Danilo (Porto), Fabinho (Monaco), Marcelo (Real Madrid), Filipe Luis (Chelsea).

Midfielders : Luiz Gustavo (Wolfsburg), Fernandinho (Manchester City), Elias (Corinthians), Casemiro (Porto), Everton Ribeiro (Al-Alhi), Douglas Costa (Shakhtar Donetsk), Willian (Chelse), Coutinho (Liverpool).

Forwards : Neymar (Barcelona), Diego Tardelli (Shandong Luneng), Robinho (Santos), Roberto Firmino (Hoffenheim).
  • yung$
    yung$ Members Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Real Madrid that's my La Liga team
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Oscar's not a great player. He's replaceable. if Chelsea can get Pogba, they'd be near unbeatable with Fab and Matic.

I hear Juve want Oscar. They'd get a good price and with FFP, it'd be good business
  • yung$
    Options
    Cellar door that's what I'm thinking Oscar plus cash for Pogba..... It seems we are going for koke however
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options
  • water ur seeds
    water ur seeds Members Posts: 17,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    toheeb27 wrote: »
    Figo wrote: »
    Joe Cole could of been GREAT, he was dope but injuries and Mourinho happened lol

He played his best football under Jose mourinho. Bear in mind, those Chelsea squad was solid.
    And he got medals, and rep England solidly. Wilshire on the other hand, is a arsenal legend.

So did Mata lol But yeah he got young player of the year, but Jose didn't fancy him *pause* and got rid of him, I remember he he was hyped as 'the new Pele' as a youth player...

WTF are u taking about???? Fancy? Got rid of him???? 2004–05 and 2005–06 were 2 of his best seasons. He was on the PFA team of the year in 2005–06. Those were Mourinho's first 2 years. He missed most of 2006–07 bcos of a Stress Fracture. Mourinho was fired in 2007–08. So unless Mourinho has magical powers, i can't see how Mourinho ruined his career all the way from Italy.

There are tons of legit criticisms of Mourinho, he is not perfect. Just bcos its easy to blame Mourinho for things, does not mean u should make ? up.

Edit: I say got rid (didnt fancy)... Some would say 'ruin' him...

U keep saying got rid.... 2 of his top 3 seasons in terms of games played were under Mourinho. U really need to check the meaning of "Got" and "rid" in the dictionary.

I said my bit, in fact I just Googled Jose/Joe Cole and even journos are saying what I said...
  • water ur seeds
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Joe Cole could of been GREAT, he was dope but injuries and Mourinho happened lol

He played his best football under Jose mourinho. Bear in mind, those Chelsea squad was solid.
    And he got medals, and rep England solidly. Wilshire on the other hand, is a arsenal legend.

So did Mata lol But yeah he got young player of the year, but Jose didn't fancy him *pause* and got rid of him, I remember he he was hyped as 'the new Pele' as a youth player...

WTF are u taking about???? Fancy? Got rid of him???? 2004–05 and 2005–06 were 2 of his best seasons. He was on the PFA team of the year in 2005–06. Those were Mourinho's first 2 years. He missed most of 2006–07 bcos of a Stress Fracture. Mourinho was fired in 2007–08. So unless Mourinho has magical powers, i can't see how Mourinho ruined his career all the way from Italy.

There are tons of legit criticisms of Mourinho, he is not perfect. Just bcos its easy to blame Mourinho for things, does not mean u should make ? up.

No we had this discussion before... 2004 Cole couldnt even get in the side!!! 'Joe can be a regular but he has to improve when the team needs him to be part of a defensive organisation.' - Mourinho

Jose got rid of him due to his injuries is one thing, but more so is Jose likes(ed) disciplined players staying in their roles, Joe Cole liked to roam and be a free player, Jose is a stickler (more so in his first spell) for players staying in their respective positions, tracking back to do their bit defending and not letting players express themselves attacking wise, Joe Cole was the antisepsis for a player needing to be let off the leash and do his thing, like Gazza, Bale and Ronaldo... He didnt suit what Jose wanted/had going so got rid off him, that coupled with injuries... The year after Jose left Cole got player of the year, when he had more free rein...

Joe Cole: Aston Villa man on Mourinho, his career and robots

Joe Cole says football will produce more and more "robots" unless players are reminded that the game is about a "round ball".
    The former England international has enjoyed enormous success in his career, winning three Premier League titles and three FA Cups, as well as 56 caps for his country.
    Hailed as the hottest prospect in British football in the 1990s and likened to Paul Gascoigne, Cole was known for his silky skills and eye for goal.
    Now, as he prepares to celebrate his 33rd birthday on Saturday, he is urging clubs and players not to "forget" what football is really about.
    "You get a lot of people coming into the game - sport psychologists, etc - but, at the end of the day, it's a round ball," he said. "That won't change.
    "You get all this other stuff which can help one or two per cent, but don't forget what it is to play football.
    "A manager once said to me: 'If you want to be good at playing the piano, you don't run round it or pick it up, you play it.' That's stuck with me."
    In a wide-ranging interview with BBC Radio 5 live's Pat Murphy, Cole talked about many aspects of his career, revealing:
    His dad did not know he was a talented youngster
    He did not start playing for a team until he was 10
    He thinks Chelsea are "building something special"
    And he says he is "greedy" for more success before he retires
    Cole is also desperate to make his first start for Aston Villa, having struggled with injury since joining the club back in the summer.
    He hopes that comes on Saturday, when he faces the club that made him famous, West Ham.
    The Hammers are currently fifth in the Premier League table, while Villa have lost their last six games and sit only one point above the relegation zone.
    "We need to stop the rot, we need to get something," said Cole. "It's just a case of getting something, even if we have to shut up shop or be ugly."
    Joe Cole factfile
    Date of birth: 08/11/1981
    Clubs: West Ham, Chelsea, Liverpool, Lille, West Ham and Aston Villa
    Appearances: 368
    Goals: 45
    Premier League titles: 3
    England caps: 56
    England goals: 10
    Despite a difficult couple of seasons, during which injuries have limited his appearances, Cole says he remains passionate about the game.
    "I've had a difficult few years, with little niggly injuries at the wrong time, but I love the game," he said. "What's better than to play football?"
    He also feels he still has a lot to offer.
    "I just want a little run of games to show that, but, yeah, I've got no complaints with the career I've had," he said.
    "I've been very lucky to live all my dreams as a player, but there's still a lot I want to achieve in the game and I feel I'm at the right club."
    Cole has been a professional football for almost 16 years, having made his West Ham debut at 17.
    Joe Cole in Chelsea action
    Cole won three Premier League titles during his time with Chelsea
    "I'm grateful for everything I've had in my career, but I still want more, because we're all greedy, aren't we?" he added. "We all want to do more.
    "I'd love to win a trophy with Villa, play another 100 games, because it's a great game."
    Villa's focus is on avoiding sinking into the bottom three at the moment rather than trophies, but Cole is used to winning silverware, having claimed eight domestic trophies with Chelsea.
    Cole was already something of a star by the time he joined the Blues in 2003.
    He had scored seven goals for England in a 8-1 win over Spain in a youth international, was reportedly the subject of a £10m bid from Manchester United at the age 16 and had made more than 120 appearances for West Ham.
    But he thinks Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho made him a better player.
    "I'm well aware he got the best out of me," said Cole. "Looking back, you admire what he did for me as a player. All of his players love playing for him. I loved playing for him. And I've not met a player who doesn't."
    Cole thinks Chelsea are on the verge of another golden era with Mourinho back in charge.

The Blues missed out on silverware last season but are currently top of the Premier League, having dropped only four points from their opening 10 games this term.
    Joe Cole scores for England against Sweden in the 2006 World Cup
    One of Cole's 10 international goals was an outstanding volley against Sweden at the 2006 World Cup
    They also top their Champions League qualifying group and remain unbeaten in all competitions, having made it to the quarter-finals of the League Cup.
    "Chelsea could go and become one of the great sides," said Cole, who left Stamford Bridge in 2010. "They are building something special."
    Though he has gone on to have a successful career, Cole did not join a team until the age of 10 and his talent was not apparent to his own father.
    "My dad isn't a football man, so he didn't even know I could play the game," says Cole.
    "I didn't play for a team, let alone a professional team, until I was 10 and didn't get into a professional club until I was 11.
    "Nowadays, you see the kids - five and six years of age - with all the gear on. They've got all the boots, the cones are out, lovely shiny ? and all the different goals.
    "It's a great system, but you learn [the game] yourself with the ball, otherwise you're just going to produce robots."

Dude credit mourinho.

As I said above... Same Jose didnt feel the same way about Joe Cole lol
  • Gooner
    Gooner Members Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    we should sign Tevez to a 2 yr deal
  • Young_Chitlin
    Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gooner wrote: »

How coentrao feels about man u tevez likely views arsenal
  • yung$
    Options
    Tevez going back to Argentina to finish his football career
  • Gooner
    Options

explain
  • Gooner
    Options
    toheeb what you think of Fekir? We've been rumored w him for awhile but didn't think it was serious coz last thing we need is another little playmaker...but seems he's a legit summer target

What's his best position? I know he has end product tho so that's nice...prolly LW for us...might be a Theo replacement
  • Gooner
    Options
    yung$ wrote: »
    Tevez going back to Argentina to finish his football career

yea that option will be available 2 yrs from now...he's not finished at the highest level
  • Young_Chitlin
    Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

explain

Coentrao said manu a step down from real Madrid
  • Gooner
    Options
    madrid will surely buy back Morata...
  • Gooner
    Options

explain

Coentrao said manu a step down from real Madrid
    it is...Juve isn't a step up from
    Arsenal tho...not w that ? league they're in...

Also I bet coentrao wishes he was at manure now

• Gooner
    Options
    tevez is different class from Giroud man...smh
  • Figo
    Options
    ronaldo is one fassyhole.
  • Figo
    Options

No we had this discussion before... 2004 Cole couldnt even get in the side!!! 'Joe can be a regular but he has to improve when the team needs him to be part of a defensive organisation.' - Mourinho

Jose got rid of him due to his injuries is one thing, but more so is Jose likes(ed) disciplined players staying in their roles, Joe Cole liked to roam and be a free player, Jose is a stickler (more so in his first spell) for players staying in their respective positions, tracking back to do their bit defending and not letting players express themselves attacking wise, Joe Cole was the antisepsis for a player needing to be let off the leash and do his thing, like Gazza, Bale and Ronaldo... He didnt suit what Jose wanted/had going so got rid off him, that coupled with injuries... The year after Jose left Cole got player of the year, when he had more free rein...

Joe Cole: Aston Villa man on Mourinho, his career and robots

Joe Cole says football will produce more and more "robots" unless players are reminded that the game is about a "round ball".
    The former England international has enjoyed enormous success in his career, winning three Premier League titles and three FA Cups, as well as 56 caps for his country.
    Hailed as the hottest prospect in British football in the 1990s and likened to Paul Gascoigne, Cole was known for his silky skills and eye for goal.
    Now, as he prepares to celebrate his 33rd birthday on Saturday, he is urging clubs and players not to "forget" what football is really about.
    "You get a lot of people coming into the game - sport psychologists, etc - but, at the end of the day, it's a round ball," he said. "That won't change.
    "You get all this other stuff which can help one or two per cent, but don't forget what it is to play football.
    "A manager once said to me: 'If you want to be good at playing the piano, you don't run round it or pick it up, you play it.' That's stuck with me."
    In a wide-ranging interview with BBC Radio 5 live's Pat Murphy, Cole talked about many aspects of his career, revealing:
    His dad did not know he was a talented youngster
    He did not start playing for a team until he was 10
    He thinks Chelsea are "building something special"
    And he says he is "greedy" for more success before he retires
    Cole is also desperate to make his first start for Aston Villa, having struggled with injury since joining the club back in the summer.
    He hopes that comes on Saturday, when he faces the club that made him famous, West Ham.
    The Hammers are currently fifth in the Premier League table, while Villa have lost their last six games and sit only one point above the relegation zone.
    "We need to stop the rot, we need to get something," said Cole. "It's just a case of getting something, even if we have to shut up shop or be ugly."
    Joe Cole factfile
    Date of birth: 08/11/1981
    Clubs: West Ham, Chelsea, Liverpool, Lille, West Ham and Aston Villa
    Appearances: 368
    Goals: 45
    Premier League titles: 3
    England caps: 56
    England goals: 10
    Despite a difficult couple of seasons, during which injuries have limited his appearances, Cole says he remains passionate about the game.
    "I've had a difficult few years, with little niggly injuries at the wrong time, but I love the game," he said. "What's better than to play football?"
    He also feels he still has a lot to offer.
    "I just want a little run of games to show that, but, yeah, I've got no complaints with the career I've had," he said.
    "I've been very lucky to live all my dreams as a player, but there's still a lot I want to achieve in the game and I feel I'm at the right club."
    Cole has been a professional football for almost 16 years, having made his West Ham debut at 17.
    Joe Cole in Chelsea action
    Cole won three Premier League titles during his time with Chelsea
    "I'm grateful for everything I've had in my career, but I still want more, because we're all greedy, aren't we?" he added. "We all want to do more.
    "I'd love to win a trophy with Villa, play another 100 games, because it's a great game."
    Villa's focus is on avoiding sinking into the bottom three at the moment rather than trophies, but Cole is used to winning silverware, having claimed eight domestic trophies with Chelsea.
    Cole was already something of a star by the time he joined the Blues in 2003.
    He had scored seven goals for England in a 8-1 win over Spain in a youth international, was reportedly the subject of a £10m bid from Manchester United at the age 16 and had made more than 120 appearances for West Ham.
    But he thinks Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho made him a better player.
    "I'm well aware he got the best out of me," said Cole. "Looking back, you admire what he did for me as a player. All of his players love playing for him. I loved playing for him. And I've not met a player who doesn't."
    Cole thinks Chelsea are on the verge of another golden era with Mourinho back in charge.

The Blues missed out on silverware last season but are currently top of the Premier League, having dropped only four points from their opening 10 games this term.
    Joe Cole scores for England against Sweden in the 2006 World Cup
    One of Cole's 10 international goals was an outstanding volley against Sweden at the 2006 World Cup
    They also top their Champions League qualifying group and remain unbeaten in all competitions, having made it to the quarter-finals of the League Cup.
    "Chelsea could go and become one of the great sides," said Cole, who left Stamford Bridge in 2010. "They are building something special."
    Though he has gone on to have a successful career, Cole did not join a team until the age of 10 and his talent was not apparent to his own father.
    "My dad isn't a football man, so he didn't even know I could play the game," says Cole.
    "I didn't play for a team, let alone a professional team, until I was 10 and didn't get into a professional club until I was 11.
    "Nowadays, you see the kids - five and six years of age - with all the gear on. They've got all the boots, the cones are out, lovely shiny ? and all the different goals.
    "It's a great system, but you learn [the game] yourself with the ball, otherwise you're just going to produce robots."

Dude credit mourinho.

Only professional trophy cole won was under jose mourinho management.
    but at the end of day, wilshire can't lace up cole injured foot.
  • water ur seeds
    Options

Dude credit mourinho.

What has him winning a trophy got to do??? Joe Cole had the potential to be one of the best England players in the last 25years... Never materialised, him and Willshere could have alot in common...
  • Figo
    edited May 2015
    Options

Dude credit mourinho.

What has him winning a trophy got to do??? Joe Cole had the potential to be one of the best England players in the last 25years... Never materialised, him and Willshere could have alot in common...

Separation from scrub players is the difference in winning multi titles.
    They can have a lot in common, but yea, wilshire can't lace his British Knight