The Official Boxing Thread

Options

Comments

• 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    now you see why I was always saying fukk Manny.

he plays innocent and stupid but he's not.

he has always been a dikk.

people just let their hate of Floyd blind them
  • Figo
    Figo Members Posts: 8,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    that's just manny being a politician. they all some liars.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Floyd should leave this be.....? them it ain't his problem
  • ghost!
    ghost! Members Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2015
    Options
    O.G. wrote: »
    Remember how boxing was suppose to be dead after the Tyson vs Lewis fight? lol. Yeah right! If one more novice fan tells me that the sport is dead, I'm gone catch a felony.

That sh*t be aggravating me too man. Like if you dont like the sport, don't watch it! I'm not a fan of F.Mayweather (respect the hell out of his skills though) but that ? was not running. YOU'RE SUPPOSE TO STICK AND MOVE! Manny was not skilled enough to f with him, plan n simple, not skilled enough or fast enough.

? floyd dont have to sit there and get into brawls, for what??...the nig ain;t trying to end up like Frazier after his career was over. His doubters need to respect that.

and they need to stop comparing boxing to UFC too..that sh*t irritates the f out of me, it's not the same!
  • PSN-Canibuss
    PSN-Canibuss Members Posts: 2,685 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kirkland Vs Alvarez 24/7 is on today 10pm EST on HBO
  • PSN-Canibuss
    Options
    [img]https://scontent-ord.? .fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpt1/v/t34.0-12/11198760_10152849022423616_595240076_n.jpg?oh=a17ecbc143ff73b6616702051c273a0c&oe=554B981C[/img]
  • aka_OG
    aka_OG Members Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    what they say about mayweather they wont say about other boxers

what they say about other boxers they wont say about mayweather
  • Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2015
    Options
    http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/12827249/two-fans-file-class-action-lawsuit-manny-pacquiao-undisclosed-injury

Petrocelli said that Pacquiao was examined by doctors before the fight and was proved to be physically able, but re-injured his shoulder during the bout. That the public was unaware of Pacquiao's original injury is immaterial, Petrocelli said.

Like I said before, he re-injured his shoulder during the fight. Probably from that straight right he took from Floyd.
  • PSN-Canibuss
    Options
    Canelo Vs Kirkland 24/7 on now and then the fight game where Jim Lampley going to ? all over Pacquaio and his excuses.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Post that link when it drops
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Roach so full of ?
    http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt= ... e&id=90660
    Well, I was very concerned about that but the thing is the injury was getting better and better and better as we went along," he said on Tuesday morning at the Wild Card Boxing Club.

"He could do a little bit more but it was still there. But I'm not a medical person but they told me if he could get that pain killer shot - like Mayweather gets in his hands - everything would be OK. But that didn't work out."

Roach says that the injury occurred about a month out from the fight when he was sparring with Kenneth Sims."They were both throwing hooks and they caught arms and clashed. In sparring it happens all the time."

With the way the fight played out and now the heat they are receiving for the way they handled this matter, in hindsight would it have been prudent to postpone this event?

"Yeah," admitted Roach. "The thing is there's no way you're going to beat a guy like Mayweather with one hand. It's impossible, so the things we were told didn't come true, just way different than what we had heard. Otherwise, we definitely had to think about cancelling that fight or at least postoning it. I didn't want to see anyone go in there injured but I'll tell you, in the dressing room warming up before the fight, the hook was f***ing great but then it didn't last."

Observers noted that Roach was strangely quiet in the corner in the second half of the fight. Roach explained - "Well, he told me that it (the right shoulder) was shot and he couldn't use it anymore and I just said,'You want me to stop the fight?'

According to the trainer, his fighters response was - 'No, he's not that good, he can't hurt me, so just let the fight go on.'

"I didn't think there was any threat of him getting hurt, at least in his mind, and Mayweather's not a big puncher. He wasn't really hurting him, he more or less won the fight with a jab," said Roach, who said that conversation with Pacquiao came after the fourth round.

smh.... first arrogance then excuses to taint Floyds win
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not sure what Kirkland's problem is with Anne Wolfe, but they have the strangest relationship. I see Kirkland taking another loss and then reuniting with her. Smh.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • perspective@100
    perspective@100 Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aka_OG wrote: »
    what they say about mayweather they wont say about other boxers

what they say about other boxers they wont say about mayweather

After watching @MR.CJ video yall think Pacman threw that flurry while floyd was on the ropes (@aka_OG sig) and was waiting for him to swing back so he could possibly catch him again? And Foyd was like nope.

If you peep it right at the end Manny leave that right hand up in Floyds Glove and ducks his head to the right looking for an opening in Floyds defense so he could throw the straight left but Floyd aint bite.

• buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They should do a tournament on PBC for the lineal welterweight belt now. ? would be crazy.
  • Jamaican Curry Bwoy
    Jamaican Curry Bwoy Members Posts: 706 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Y'all need tah suck my ? !
  • mdot
    mdot Members Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Angeles1son85
    Angeles1son85 Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Fighting floyd dont take strategy that causes to over think and.mind games after the 5th round you cant figure it out you just got to rumble and box knowin he dont got the knockout power and risk gotta outway the reward how floyd got to 48-0 is crazy tho
  • bull6599
    bull6599 Members Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2015
    Options
    According to Arum Pacquiao originally injured the rotator cuff in 08 around the time of the De La Hoya fight. ? fought 6 1/2 years w/ a partially torn rotator cuff and it just so happen to ? up when he gets his ass handed to him by Floyd? This ? is comedy!

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/12830764/promoter-bob-arum-says-manny-pacquiao-welcome-rematch-floyd-mayweather
  • Rampage12
    Rampage12 Members Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    What is the obsession with Rocky Marciano 49-0 record when Ricardo Lopez retired 51-0 and most boxing people regard Lopez as the much better fighter?

I forget who said it, maybe Kellerman but someone was like Floyd is already better than Marciano....winning one more means nothing

Marciano actually hurt people in the ring and still retired undefeated as a tiny Heavyweight no less. I'm not a Mayweather hater by any means but he's more of a businessman than a fighter they way he navigates the best times to fight what opponents. Marciano didn't give two ? who he was fighting, they were most likely getting KTFO anyway.