ethos Members Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • nycest_1
    nycest_1 Members Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bignorm wrote: »
    nycest_1 wrote: »
    bignorm wrote: »
    I'm coming down off that adrenaline, and now im actually wondering who the ? is managing Kirkland's career?
    that was NEVER a good fight for him to take. There had to be other options.
    154 doesnt have that many money fights in it. alvarez was the best paying option

I hear you, but you take 3-5 smaller paydays to continue your career and "cash out" with a fight like this.
    this ? is done as a major prizefighter now, and not even for a ppv. for a regular hbo gig.

remember he put this fight off before. he did that and it was already looking like time to cash out.
    molina didnt lose to him lol, they got him in there on the way out. i don't think he had a ppv in him
  • (ob)Scene
    (ob)Scene Members Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mastery wrote: »
    Canelo fought beautifully. ? thought he punched himself out? I could see what was happening from the get-go. Kirkland never had a chance because he severely lacks defense, and because Canelo is THAT much better than him.

Kirkland didn't even have a punchers chance tonight. Got damn!!!

He said himself that he was exhausted after that first round. Cats weren't reaching to say that.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    (ob)Scene wrote: »
    Canelo fought beautifully. ? thought he punched himself out? I could see what was happening from the get-go. Kirkland never had a chance because he severely lacks defense, and because Canelo is THAT much better than him.

He said himself that he was exhausted after that first round. Cats weren't reaching to say that.

Context matters. do you understand the context
  • Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

With the steam Canelo STILL had on his punches going into the 3rd round tells he he didn't punch himself out. If he punched himself out, he wouldn't have had the stamina/power to put Kirkland down like he did, imo.
  • (ob)Scene
    Options

Ironically, do you understand the context to which my statement was made? I'm just saying he was briefly punched out when everyone said that. Took him a whole round to catch his second wind to put Kirkland down for good.
  • PSN-Canibuss
    PSN-Canibuss Members Posts: 2,685 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Ironically, do you understand the context to which my statement was made? I'm just saying he was briefly punched out when everyone said that. Took him a whole round to catch his second wind to put Kirkland down for good.

That's how Canelo fights though. He fights in spurts..
  • (ob)Scene
    Options

With the steam Canelo STILL had on his punches going into the 3rd round tells he he didn't punch himself out. If he punched himself out, he wouldn't have had the stamina/power to put Kirkland down like he did, imo.

That's a fair assessment and I actually agree... I just don't feel Kirkland ever recovered enough from that first round for it to matter. I need to watch the fight back but as devastating as that knockout punch was I think he took some heavier shots in the first that took it's toll. He was in there looking concussed from the end of the first round to when he finally got laid out on the mat.
  • Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I remember when Mike Jones punched himself out after 2 rounds against Jesus Soto Karass 1. ? was crazy.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DWO wrote: »
    I don't know how that ? think he gonna eat breakfast tomorrow

through a straw
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Canelo fight in spurts cuz he does have stamina issues. Its cuz he is cutting down in weight. He spose to be at 160. When he threw his flurries He had to rest esp with the pressure Kirkland was putting. on. Hell of a ko tho
  • playmaker88
    edited May 2015
    Options

Im saying took hell shots in the first gave more hell shots no steps back were taken it was too the wall, high pace, violence and emotion.. .. That doesnt point to a drastic stamina issue that points to circumstance..
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Floyd was in goat troll mode in that interview
  • ZydecoShawty
    ZydecoShawty Members Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Max. wrote: »

Got damn! That was on some Fight Night flash knockout ? !
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Full Mayweather & Jim Gray Interview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epjCH_M6oe4

Goat/Ether
  • playmaker88
    Options
    I always thought that was just postgame/fight shookness by Jim Gray

but he always looks like that.. glassy eyed and frazzled.. im not sure what frazzled encapsulates... but he is that.
  • Rum Middleton
    Rum Middleton Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was watchin this fight with 17 Mexican folks rootin for James...but I wasn't overly excited..knew James was gonna get that work.
  • Rum Middleton
    Rum Middleton Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If I'm Wolfe I wouldn't even take him back

Lol you aint gonna just toss me to the side mufucka..