26-Year Old Staten Island Teacher Has Sexual Relations With Male Students

Options
1CK1S
1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
16763709-large.jpg

STATEN ISLAND, N.Y. -- A widely admired and much-liked English teacher at Tottenville High School lost her job in December, after a city probe determined she had engaged in an intimate relationship with a student.

The suspected salacious affair reportedly started out as subtle flirtation, escalated with the exchange of nearly 7,000 text messages and culminated in at least one steamy rendezvous.

Olympia Filosa was 26 years old last May when a photo she apparently snapped of herself in front of a full-length mirror, wearing only lingerie and a pouty, come-hither expression, began circulating throughout the high school -- prompting the probe by the Special Commissioner of Investigation (SCI) for the New York City School District.

"Filosa reported that a thumb drive containing her personal photographs was either stolen or replaced," according to the findings by the office of the SCI, which recommended her dismissal.

The student, whose age was redacted from the investigation paperwork, allegedly told investigators that the sexual tension between himself and the teacher began to grow during the 2010-11 school year, and he would make her mixed CDs of music.

A review of their phone records shows they texted each other 6,950 times; she called him 16 times, and he called her six times between late December 2011 and May 2012.

On May 3, the two moved past talk, according to the investigation: "Student A explained that he arranged for Filosa to pick him up in his neighborhood on Staten Island and she then drove to a quiet parking lot where they had the sexual encounter."

But even after hundreds of students had seen the seductive snapshot and heard rumors about the alleged affair, and with the investigation under way, Ms. Filosa finished up the school year at Tottenville.

TRANSFERRED TO B'KLYN

In September, she was transferred to Park Slope Collegiate High School; the next month, she was reassigned to the so-called rubber room, and in December she lost her $56,048-a-year job, according to the city Department of Education.

Ms. Filosa began her teaching career in February 2008 as a substitute teacher at Tottenville and was hired full time in August of that year.

"I don't want to be just a good teacher. I want to be an exceptional teacher," Ms. Filosa said after being named a Rickel Teaching Scholar when she was a liberal arts and science major at the College of Staten Island, entering her junior year.

Ms. Filosa could not be reached for comment by the Advance for this report, and "through her attorney, declined the opportunity to speak with investigators," according to the paperwork sent to Schools Chancellor Dennis Walcott in October, recommending she be terminated as a teacher and never be rehired by the Department of Education.

NO ARRESTS

Law enforcement sources could find no information of any arrests in connection with the episode.

Meanwhile, students Wednesday outside Tottenville High School unanimously praised Ms. Filosa's teaching skills and enthusiasm in the classroom and said losing her as a mentor would be a major loss for the school.

"She was the best teacher; she listened to you and really inspired you," said senior Lauren Rucci, who had Ms. Filosa as an English teacher the previous year, and credited her for helping her get over her shyness about reading, especially aloud.

"She encouraged everybody; she was great, she got everybody to participate; the whole class was happy with her." She and most of her friends had seen the ? photo of the teacher, but they did not dwell on it or on rumors of the affair.

Many students said they knew the student had been a senior, who moved out of state last year.

"She got us to read and to like being in school; if you had a problem you could go to her and she would help," said junior Christian Olsen, who had also had Ms. Filosa as a teacher last year, and described her as bubbly, outgoing and empathetic. "The other things, what people were saying that happened, most people didn't really care about."

12421042-small.jpg

Comments

• bununs alias
    bununs alias Members Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stiff wrote: »
    h8rhurta wrote: »
    xxCivicxx wrote: »
    I really don't have a problem with this

Well you shouldn't have a problem when some old geezer pipes your daughter or little cousin down who's 13 and thinks she is in love. Can't have it both ways. Either everyone should be able to do it or no one.

nah it's different for boys vs girls. can't close our eyes and wish away the double standard

I'm against double standards no matter what sex it is... that whole "boys can do it but girls can't" is what breeds thots....
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Well you shouldn't have a problem when some old geezer pipes your daughter or little cousin down who's 13 and thinks she is in love. Can't have it both ways. Either everyone should be able to do it or no one.

nah it's different for boys vs girls. can't close our eyes and wish away the double standard

I'm against double standards no matter what sex it is... that whole "boys can do it but girls can't" is what breeds thots....

No.
  • damobb2deep
    Options

the very use of the term "thot" is you subscribing to a double standard..there's no male equivalent for that term with the same negative connotations. Welcome to the club.

There are "man ? " out there.. ? ? want to be "man ? " but just like you bring that negative thought process to the term "thot" why don't you bring the same thought process to the term "man ? "... sex is sex females like it as much as males do.. and unless you are ? you ? someone of the opposite sex.. you put this "purity" clause on females yet don't for the males which is ass backwards imo because because those males ? all those females for "cool points" is basically turning those females into thots... you can't have it both ways...
  • damobb2deep
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »

No.

female is going to start gaining numbers after they start ? ... to the point that term will be used... i understand yes men love that double standard that they can ? what they want... but hate double standards that don't give them the upper hand... again you can't have it both ways...
  • Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

the very use of the term "thot" is you subscribing to a double standard..there's no male equivalent for that term with the same negative connotations. Welcome to the club.

There are "man ? " out there.. ? ? want to be "man ? " but just like you bring that negative thought process to the term "thot" why don't you bring the same thought process to the term "man ? "... sex is sex females like it as much as males do.. and unless you are ? you ? someone of the opposite sex.. you put this "purity" clause on females yet don't for the males which is ass backwards imo because because those males ? all those females for "cool points" is basically turning those females into thots... you can't have it both ways...

Did I just create the double standard or has it existed for thousands of years?

A dude brags about how many females he smashed and gets salutes..

A female brags about how many dudes she let smash and she gets…..no respect. That's how society works bro.

And you think "thot" is negative too…lol your first post in this thread was implying that we need to prevent thots from being breeded. If it's okay to be a thot what's wrong with thots being "breeded"?

and lastly…the fact that you say have to say "Man ? " instead of just saying "? " and it being understood as gender neutral is another double standard. Just stop bro
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MARIO_DRO wrote: »

12421042-small.jpg
    OLE KAT PICTURE TAKIN ASS

She working it..too bad it's for a minor, ole child molesting hoe.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    7figz wrote: »
    Boy was I born in the wrong era.

Cs i had so much potential too...
  • damobb2deep
    Options

A female brags about how many dudes she let smash and she gets…..no respect. That's how society works bro.

And you think "thot" is negative too…lol your first post in this thread was implying that we need to prevent thots from being breeded. If it's okay to be a thot what's wrong with thots being "breeded"?

and lastly…the fact that you say have to say "Man ? " instead of just saying "? " and it being understood as gender neutral is another double standard. Just stop bro

the funny part of your post is that you assume that I think the term "thot" is negative not all the time.. depending on the circumstance... some females are "emotional thots" they use physical attraction to help with emotional issues... they like the attention... that is not necessarily a bad thing... but they are still thots...

also idgaf if the gender role double standard is thousands of years old.. i dont like double standards period... i understand they exist but that don't mean I agree...

lastly I wouldn't salute any of my teenage fam (boys or girls) to be out there ? if they are younger than 16... and would be on they ass if they are 14 or younger.. don't assume that I live by those standards... it's actually funny that people ( females and males) bytch about double standards when it don't fit them but will be like " it is what it is" when they benefit.... right is right and wrong is wrong no matter what or who is involved...
  • Stiff
    Options

the funny part of your post is that you assume that I think the term "thot" is negative not all the time.. depending on the circumstance... some females are "emotional thots" they use physical attraction to help with emotional issues... they like the attention... that is not necessarily a bad thing... but they are still thots...

also idgaf if the gender role double standard is thousands of years old.. i dont like double standards period... i understand they exist but that don't mean I agree...

lastly I wouldn't salute any of my teenage fam (boys or girls) to be out there ? if they are younger than 16... and would be on they ass if they are 14 or younger.. don't assume that I live by those standards... it's actually funny that people ( females and males) bytch about double standards when it don't fit them but will be like " it is what it is" when they benefit.... right is right and wrong is wrong no matter what or who is involved...

aite so a dude in bed with his girl and hear somebody breaking in..

the dude doesn't have more of a expectation to go investigate it according to your philosophy right?
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    7figz wrote: »
    Boy was I born in the wrong era.

Man!
  • damobb2deep
    Options

the dude doesn't have more of a expectation to go investigate it according to your philosophy right?

That has nothing to do with my philosophy... that has more to do with safety... i see what you are trying to do though...
  • OhioState1987
    OhioState1987 Members Posts: 598 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Where the ? was these hoes when I was in high school 8 yrs ago and why these new ? be telling this Gentration is weird as ?
  • Stiff
    Options

That has nothing to do with my philosophy... that has more to do with safety... i see what you are trying to do though...

we talking about double standards right? double standards don't just apply to sex they apply to everything. Seems like you don't agree with certain double standards but conform to others
  • TheNightKing
    TheNightKing Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1CK1S wrote: »

STATEN ISLAND, N.Y. -- A widely admired and much-liked English teacher at Thottenville High School lost her job in December, after a city probe determined she had engaged in an intimate relationship with a student.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who read it like this on first glance.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    Where the ? was these hoes when I was in high school 8 yrs ago and why these new ? be telling this Gentration is weird as ?

This comes up in every thread like this and every time somebody says they wouldn't have told...and it's a good chance that's ? . Especially as a teenager it's likely somebody would have found out. Grown men can barely hold water when it comes to ? now and will start bragging about who they smashed...why be shocked a 16 year can't either