Movies That Made You Want To Change Your Life..For A Few Minutes After Leaving The Theater

Options

Comments

• blackamerica
    blackamerica Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yep. I looked at every ? on TV different after watching this. Hiphop, sports & Hollywood all had a form of coonery. This movie is GOAT
  • Thereal_ba
    Thereal_ba Members Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In too deep.. after that I couldn't trust anyone i was moving work with.
  • Rum Middleton
    Rum Middleton Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    watching roots made me wanna hang every white person my eyes laid upon

Same with Rosewood.
  • Bully_Pulpit
    Bully_Pulpit Members Posts: 5,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    But movies is just entertainment right? Y'all making it sound like its like some sort of social engineering experiment
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Up In the Air. Great movie. Made a ngga slow down on tryin to make millions for a sec and appreciate just havin a job. They hired actual people who were recently fired for the 'You're fired' scenes

At the time it also made me want to have grown and sophisticated flings when i traveled for business
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    S2J wrote: »
    Up In the Air. Great movie. Made a ngga slow down on tryin to make millions for a sec and appreciate just havin a job. They hired actual people who were recently fired for the 'You're fired' scenes

At the time it also made me want to have grown and sophisticated flings when i traveled for business

this movie GOAT.

But i can't bring myself to watch it again....because parentheses...
  • mysticmonroe7
    mysticmonroe7 Members Posts: 82 ✭✭
    Options
    1.Crash as the OP mentioned it showed that people are not one way, that everyone is capable of good and evil. Random fact & spoiler:Larenz Tate scene was eerily similar to Enis Cosby death,Bill Cosby son

2. Once were Warriors- made me really think twice about who you get into relationships with

3. City of ? - just made me think of Karma and if you do the right thing it will all work in the end. You can't escape fate.

4.Alpha Dog- makes me never want to hang or be friends with drug dealers, family, friends,etc nobody

5. First 48..not a movie but two episodes stuck with me. One where a teen was dating a drug dealer and was a his house chilling, when a rival dealer came to the house and killed her. Made me not want to hang around any drug dealers or gang members.

2nd- a guy killed two his friends while the 3 of them were chilling in the car, 2 guys and a girl. The couple robbed him at gun point before, they were in the car and they asked him "are you good?" referring to the robbery he said yes, but then he said the vibe in the car changed and he killed them because he thought they were gonna rob him again. If anyone knows this episode let me know Ive been trying to find it, I thought the court should go easy on him because he of what they did to him before.

^ both episodes made me rethink who I hang around.

• sdotcarter111
    sdotcarter111 Members Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Life-of-Pi-2012.jpg

This movie had me asking myself questions I didn't like. Even aside from that just a good ass movie that makes you appreciate life as you've been blessed with.

And

4b.jpg

Get busy livin or get busy dyin.
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    MV5BMTU4MTQ2MzA1Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODE3NTgwNA@@._V1_SY317_CR0,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

lol i was going through a breakup at the time i watched this...i thought this would have a happy ending from the previews. ? was soooooo damn depressing. don't believe in true love anymore & i lowkey swore off marriage & relationships altogether for a lil bit lol
  • TheNightKing
    TheNightKing Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

2nd- a guy killed two his friends while the 3 of them were chilling in the car, 2 guys and a girl. The couple robbed him at gun point before, they were in the car and they asked him "are you good?" referring to the robbery he said yes, but then he said the vibe in the car changed and he killed them because he thought they were gonna rob him again. If anyone knows this episode let me know Ive been trying to find it, I thought the court should go easy on him because he of what they did to him before.

I don't know who was more stupid: the guy who still hung with people that robbed him at gunpoint or the couple who still felt like it was a good idea to hang with someone they robbed at gunpoint. Probably the latter since the former was probably only hanging with them to ? them.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Few years ago I was 21 working graveyard shift n living in my own place in the hood...typical hookers,losers,n drugs dealers

Sounds like.....

https://youtu.be/sLpMx8_TYOo

...n I watched taxi driver like 30 times over time (my fav film) than I started getn tired of people n thought damn I could murk these druggies..I lived by myself for years alone,,(I'd bring ? over) but I thought damn a person could get cabin fever like this..my house got robbed while I was at work(neighborndid it) they got evicted 2 days earlier but came tp get mail...n i saw this persom in the driveway n confronted them.,.,i was thinnk bad thoughts..

• manofmorehouse
    manofmorehouse Members Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2015
    Options
    The Matrix and inception. I'd seen it before but never high. Me and my college roommates watched that, shutter island, and inception all in one afternoon on girl scout cookies and had somehow connected all the movies together. ? were really trying to figure out how one of us could fall asleep while the others could implant thoughts in his head. Is this world real? Smh Morehouse ? "philosophizing" while high smh. Good times
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Every ? was a battle rapper for about 2 months after 8 mile.
  • Ubuntu1
    Ubuntu1 Members Posts: 852 ✭✭✭
    Options
    After watching Higher Learning I searched my city for a good week looking for skinheads to ? up.

? Remy killed my baby Deja!
    259645.jpg

I was just thinking this morning that was one of the most brutal movie scenes I've ever seen.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    Castaway

For like a week, I was thinking how I'd live in that situation.

And ? airplanes
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2015
    Options
    S2J wrote: »

I had lost my job not too long before i watched it. Really helped me get through some rough times. After that and the Descendants, clooney became GOATr. Up in the air and watchmen were the two best flicks I saw that year.

Im not sure what won the oscar that year but im 99% sure that Up In The Air deserved it more.
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    im gonna say the Truman Show. even as a teen left the theater wondering if that would ever become a reality. and ? me, it did.
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ...American Beauty...

Incredible movie
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    After watching The Social Network I felt like a young Zuckerberg in college. ? would walk to class with the soundtrack playing in my headphones lol. No lie that movie motivated me to graduate college with a good GPA too
  • mike06
    mike06 Members Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hostel had me cancel any plans of traveling out of the country...especially Amsterdam

• mike06
    mike06 Members Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hostel had me cancel any plans of traveling out of the country...especially Amsterdam