Black People Try African Food For The First Time

Options

Comments

• Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I eat a lot of different foods and I love Ethiopia food and Japanese food.
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I haven't had African food yet, but id definitely try it. When I was in Grand Turk, there was a Haitian lady who ran a small restaurant. She made something calle veyn kodenn...it was just smothered turkey necks. But that with some rice and beans was the best meal I had while on vacation.
  • Huey_C
    Huey_C Members Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I haven't had African food yet, but id definitely try it. When I was in Grand Turk, there was a Haitian lady who ran a small restaurant. She made something calle veyn kodenn...it was just smothered turkey necks. But that with some rice and beans was the best meal I had while on vacation.

Haitian cuisine is the goat, griyo, poulèt with rice and beans is my ?
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    clown ass thread....
  • Tymoney19
    Tymoney19 Members Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    African food is hit or miss and this coming from an african. Fufu and it's variants I don't eat. Rice, plantains, meat pie, puff puff, beef stew chicken stew are some of the better dishes. If your not used to eating similarly textured foods your gonna view fufu as gross it's like a blander tougher version of mashed potatoes. Food is food it's subjective to the individual.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Food has to look and smell appealing to me. If it looks like ? or smells like ? , I'm not eating it, I don't care how it tastes. That's why I've never even tried Indian food. ? might be bomb, but is smells like garbage.
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    African food isn't the most aesthetically pleasing
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Options
    Food has to look and smell appealing to me. If it looks like ? or smells like ? , I'm not eating it, I don't care how it tastes. That's why I've never even tried Indian food. ? might be bomb, but is smells like garbage.

Bruh...Indian food is one of the GOAT ethnic cuisines...

I get what you saying...but you missing out.
  • Huey_C
    Huey_C Members Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You might be right on that. Still, I'll pass on a food that smells so bad that it makes the people who eat it regularly smell bad.

Curries may have a strong aromas but they don't smell bad
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Options

You might be right on that. Still, I'll pass on a food that smells so bad that it makes the people who eat it regularly smell bad.

Lol it ain't the food that you are smelling
  • 9TRAY
    9TRAY Members Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Couscous, or something like that ? Nah, I'm cool.
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The only Indian food I eat is from Trinidad and Tobago the indians in the Caribbean season and prepare their food differently from the "reality" Indians
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Huey_C wrote: »

I don't know what it is that smells bad, but Indian food stinks. I used to live by a couple Indian families and had to smell that ? every day. And it's most definitely the food that makes them smell that way. I've heard Indians admit the ? . I know a cat that moved away from his fam for a couple years and didn't eat any of that food. When he went back to visit them, he was basically shocked by the smell and suddenly realized what everyone was talking about.
  • Ishi
    Ishi Members Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My mom Egusi soup is the bomb. ? what you heard.
  • Ishi
    Ishi Members Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My nigerian brothas in here looking at them eating fufu by itself like "WTF"
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Neophyte Wolfgang Members Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Never having Indian food again, had it for the first time a few weeks ago almost threw up. And we ordered about 6-7 plates of different things to
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    my pops nigerian and I dont really ? with the food tbh
  • CracceR
    CracceR Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Huey_C wrote: »

I don't know what it is that smells bad, but Indian food stinks. I used to live by a couple Indian families and had to smell that ? every day. And it's most definitely the food that makes them smell that way. I've heard Indians admit the ? . I know a cat that moved away from his fam for a couple years and didn't eat any of that food. When he went back to visit them, he was basically shocked by the smell and suddenly realized what everyone was talking about.

its alooooooot of onions and garlic in indian foods besides all the spices, that can make ppl smell "bad"
    its one of my favourite foods ever tho

• Ubuntu1
    Ubuntu1 Members Posts: 852 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Bcotton5 wrote: »

I didn't know they were so many Africans on the site.

I eat Zambian beans (kabulangeti beans) almost every day. I would eat nshima if it was made with whole millet (how it was traditionally made, in Zambia) instead of white flour. They eat okra in Zambia except they call it 'delele' (sp?) and collard vegetable, also. I think they eat both in India, too.

So I'm assuming fufu is like nshima (or 'ugali' and 'sadza' in Zimbabwe and 'pap' in South Africa) except made with yams?

I think I had roti at a friend's house when I was younger and liked it. Are samosas Indian? Turmeric curry is supposed to be really good for your health and it's added to a lot of Indian foods.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    These Ethopians in DC are the rudest ? on the planet... I can't stand them....Most of the other nationalities are cool af especially folks from ghana and botswana
  • CracceR
    edited May 2015
    Options
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    EmM HoLLa. wrote: »
    Ahh man.. I didnt watch the video.. And outside of them being comedian's who may already have had scripted responses I don't doubt the food might have been wack..

Best way I can describe it.. The age old Potato Salad saying.. "You just can't eat everyone's potato salad man..." Some people have the gift and others don't. I'm from Ghana and in DC there used to be a restaurant called the Ghana Cafe in Adam's Morgan.. I ate there once.. Whomever the chef was managed to ? up a classic Ghanaian dish. White Rice and Chicken Stew. If you are someone who hasn't had it before and was introduced to it by that restaurant you would walk around thinking you hated it.. But if my Mom's made you a plate you would ask me to bring you some anytime she cooks it. Like a lot of my "American" friends do. It's all relative..

Joe i took plenty of junts to that spot & they all said the same ? .

It's a dam shame what happened to Adams Morgan. culture of DC all ? up these day
  • CracceR
    Options
    Ubuntu1 wrote: »
    Bcotton5 wrote: »

I didn't know they were so many Africans on the site.

I eat Zambian beans (kabulangeti beans) almost every day. I would eat nshima if it was made with whole millet (how it was traditionally made, in Zambia) instead of white flour. They eat okra in Zambia except they call it 'delele' (sp?) and collard vegetable, also. I think they eat both in India, too.

So I'm assuming fufu is like nshima (or 'ugali' and 'sadza' in Zimbabwe and 'pap' in South Africa) except made with yams?

I think I had roti at a friend's house when I was younger and liked it. Are samosas Indian? Turmeric curry is supposed to be really good for your health and it's added to a lot of Indian foods.

yea roti and samosas are indian