Comments

• hiphop12345
    hiphop12345 Members Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Is he still a rasta or was Snoop Lyin?

BobOblah wrote: »
    L.O.S.T. wrote: »
    AllHipHop News) Snoop Dogg is now an OG in the rap game. His latest album Bush comes 22 years after his debut ? , so the Long Beach legend has seen Hip Hop’s transformation over the last two decades firsthand.

In Snoop’s view, one thing that has changed is the way modern-day rappers borrow from their predecessors. He spoke about biting versus paying tribute during an interview with Pigeons and Planes.

Snoop said:

I don’t know who is who when they doing that rap style, and I love them all! I love Future, Migos, I love all them. Drake. They my n*ggas, but I don’t know who is who when the record is over. When I came out as a rapper, everyone had their own style. If you sounded like someone else, that word was called biting. You biting my style, you biting my sh*t. If you paying tribute, like I did with “La Di Da Di” with Slick Rick and Doug E. Fresh—I paid n*ggas who I grew up loving. I’m gonna redo your song, get you paid all over again, and let everybody know it’s your sh*t, and put a twist on it for the new kids who don’t even know it exist. That’s a different way of showing love as opposed to everyone rapping the same style.

So y'all agree?
    Sound like a hating ass New Yorker.

East coast bias
    Word.

• BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    EyeofAsaru wrote: »
    There's hardly anything new under the sun anymore...alot of what's "new" is actually hybridized material with a new and old twist...You can find the DNA of older rappers even in the new generation

For example:

Krit=ugk,? c
    Asap rocky=bone thugs,twistsa
    Freddie gibbs=2 pac,scarface
    Danny brown=ODB
    Joey badass=bootcamp clik,buckshot
    Kendrick=Eminem,2 pac,E 40 etc
    Jay electronica=nas,rakim,jay z,biggie
    Nicki minjai=foxy brown,lil kim

There is however a few ? with very unique styles..? like schoolboy q,cyhi the prince etc

What snoop said applies to the mainstream but not so much the underground scene..

I agree wit this post except for the jay elect and Asap comparisons. The hell has jay elect accomplished for u to mention him with those names? Lol
  • achewon87
    achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I know what he's saying...

There are a few albums of late that pretty much have at least one song on them that sounds the same due to the flow & cadence on the track...
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    not sure you can say jay electronica sounds like anyone he only has dropped 10 songs in his entire life
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? agree now? But when a rapper from the 80s says the same ? , I hear all types of "old bitter ass ? "
  • Fly society513
    Fly society513 Members Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Method man said this years ago also
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Options
    ? agree now? But when a rapper from the 80s says the same ? , I hear all types of "old bitter ass ? "
    Cuz Snoop is still relevant

Kevin-Garnett-Reaction-at-2013-Dunk-Contest.gif
  • bigbird_1
    bigbird_1 Members Posts: 977 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I agree. You can somewhat say the same thing about pop/rnb artist.

The weeknd=that try me singin mufucka=jerimih=Dream, in my opinion
  • nex gin
    nex gin Members Posts: 10,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Nigguhs are consistently inconsistent.
  • Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What he is trying to say is rappers don't sound original like K.B.
  • Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Of course he's right. But I also think it's how vocals are ? with in the studio. Dudes aren't using their natural voices and cadence. Then, the engineers are adding ? to their voices.
  • bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    disagree....look at all the quality albums recently....krit doesn't sound like cole, cole doesn't sound like kendrick, kendrick doesn't sound like lupe..so on and so forth

if anything i think a lot of 90's nyc rap sounds way more similar than the rap coming out today, then again thats just a region but it applies
  • EyeofAsaru
    EyeofAsaru Members Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    not sure you can say jay electronica sounds like anyone he only has dropped 10 songs in his entire life

Nah he has over 50 songs..
    He has mimicked rakim,jay,nas,big in most of those ? ...

And for the record bone thugs cannot be compared to asap but yes asap has taken from their style,as well as 36 mafia's and ugk's..
  • Soloman_The_Wise
    Soloman_The_Wise Members Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    he named the kats he was talking about...
  • CP203
    CP203 Members Posts: 10,421 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CP203 wrote: »
    B don't compare asap with bone

Not really a comparison bruh

Just saying bone thugs style DNA is all in asaps music

add three six also

lol huh?

My ? asap himself said he was influenced by bone and three six
  • Delphas
    Delphas Members Posts: 2,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There's hardly anything new under the sun anymore...alot of what's "new" is actually hybridized material with a new and old twist...You can find the DNA of older rappers even in the new generation

For example:

Krit=ugk,? c
    Danny brown=ODB
    Nicki minjai=foxy brown,lil kimp/b]

There is however a few ? with very unique styles..? like schoolboy q,cyhi the prince etc

What snoop said applies to the mainstream but not so much the underground scene..

There's a difference between being influenced by an artist and sounding exactly like another artist.

Also, Snoop lying like a ? . Mad ? been on that sound the same ? , even in the 90s. What do you think Shark ? was about?

• Smokey Tha Bandit
    Smokey Tha Bandit Members Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

add three six also

lol huh?

I dont give a ? what that cross dressing ? says. He dont sound ? like either one of those groups. I dont see the influence. He can say it all he wants, thats not what my ears hear.
  • CP203
    CP203 Members Posts: 10,421 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

add three six also

lol huh?

I dont give a ? what that cross dressing ? says. He dont sound ? like either one of those groups. I dont see the influence. He can say it all he wants, thats not what my ears hear.

Listen to mystic styles three six and tell me you dont hear asap
  • clippyclipp n*gga
    clippyclipp n*gga Members Posts: 787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Delphas wrote: »

For example:

Krit=ugk,? c
    Danny brown=ODB

There's a difference between being influenced by an artist and sounding exactly like another artist.

Also, Snoop lying like a ? . Mad ? been on that sound the same ? , even in the 90s. What do you think Shark ? was about?

Shark ? was about ? biting styles that type of ? got addressed. Today era these corny ? accept that ? . ? got approached back in the day for bitting ? that ? wasny allowed
  • BarryHalls
    BarryHalls Members Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2015
    Options
  • SheerExcellence
    SheerExcellence Members Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

For example:

Krit=ugk,? c
    Danny brown=ODB

Shark ? was about ? biting styles that type of ? got addressed. Today era these corny ? accept that ? . ? got approached back in the day for bitting ? that ? wasny allowed

Ummm
    Ghost and rae accept bronson how is one of the most bitingest of all time
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Rappers on the radio do sound alike. But the rappers that are actually of quality do not sound the same
  • Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

For example:

Krit=ugk,? c
    Danny brown=ODB

Ummm
    Ghost and rae accept bronson how is one of the most bitingest of all time

Rae and Ghost are established artists. I doubt these 40+ year old men are going to step to Action Bronson on why you stealing my style Sun? Also, back in the day, promo isn't like it is now. There are way more visuals then audio in some cases. Back in the day you would hear music and not know what the artists looked like. So, having someone sound like you could impact booking and sales.