The Notorious B.I.G.'s Verse On "Notorious Thugs"

Options
2»

Comments

• south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I remember when this first came out, I was in 7th grade I played the hell out this song. Big killed this, I'm a Pac fan but I liked a lot of Biggie ? too
  • natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So call beef w u know who....this verse had a great mix of substance and style...n yea bone thugs killed this ? too...just the intro of the track is fire...even b4 big verse drop
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Options
    latina =))

this ? a fool b
  • BarryHalls
    BarryHalls Members Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Goat cut! I played this track so many times back in the day that I memorize the whole song word for word.
  • mrrealone
    mrrealone Members Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hip hop at its finest moments.......

I know even Big's haters had to jam this one a couple times.......
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Worst flow on the whole ? song
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    illedout wrote: »
    Honestly, in my opinion, this is the best verse on the song,
    and after the verse I skip to the next song..

? stop

Bizzy and Krayzie demolished this ?
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    Bizzy Bone had the best verse on the album but only becuz he is latina ngigas wont give his props

LMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAO
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    Wayne about to do the same thing on his collab wit Bone
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    After big verse i cut it off tho
  • reapin505
    reapin505 Members Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stiff wrote: »
    so glad they ain't give wish bone a verse on this

I think he was in jail for slapping a stripper or crash landing on a ? during a concert
  • clippyclipp n*gga
    clippyclipp n*gga Members Posts: 787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »
    Jabu_Rule wrote: »
    Antwuan89 wrote: »
    The Recipe wrote: »
    So during this time my favorite artist were Bone and Pac by far boardeline stan status. I ? with Biggie though I use to listen to Ready to Die everyday on my way to school. Damn I grew up in that era lol. But when I heard this ? my mouth dropped. ? talk about em murdering jay on his own ? . Biggie massacred these ? with their style.

One of the greatest verses in Hip Hop history. I might even put it as #1 because of context nobody new biggie could flow like that, ? was left field ? was use to that slow laid back flow. When I read the credits I was like okay he got my ? on here had no idea what he was about to do. Wasnt no leaks, blogs and ? back then. Hearing that song for the first time is a top hip hop moment for me.

What was it like or what was Hip-Hop like when Ready to Die came out?

I don't know about anywhere else, but Brooklyn was on fire. We had the album for leaked before it dropped. Then he went back and put a extra song before he bought it out. Biggie had cars, radios, and walkmans on lock. It was a good time for hiphop period. I think i was a bit upset that illmatic didn't get the same fanfare.

I can tell you what it was like in Boston. Juicy, Big Poppa and One More Chance (remix) were getting played on heavy rotation. There was a big hype about Ready to Die. I didn't understand the hype, I thought Big was a nice MC but I wasn't thinking GOAT status.

Then in the summer of 95 around the time One More Chance (remix) dropped he dropped a mixtape, Mr Cee - The Best of Biggie. It was all remixes, b-sides, posse cuts and songs from Junior Mafia's album. Big was the first rapper ever to have a mixtape that was being sold on the streets (hood clothing stores or certain record stores would have it behind the counter) but it wasn't sold in chain stores like Tower Records or Sam Goody.

Truth be told, I didn't buy the Best of Biggie mixtape but I vividly remember when it was out.

I STILL OWN THAT ORIGINAL BEST OF BIGGIE MR CEE MIXTAPE. HANDS DOWN IN MY TOP 5 FAVORITE MIXTAPES EVER. MR CEE RE RELEASED IT WITH NEW MATERIAL ON IT BUT IT WASN'T THE SAME
  • CP203
    CP203 Members Posts: 10,421 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Favorite song of all time, biggie killed it but ? bugging bone killed and lazyie ended it perfectly, red red red, rum rum rum
  • reapin505
    reapin505 Members Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Another bone and biggie joint
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3w7-18Z-F0

I still have no idea what in the nine hells bizzy is saying at the end. Used to have the lyrics on saved on my pc for that ?
  • achewon87
    achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2015
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »
    Jabu_Rule wrote: »
    Antwuan89 wrote: »
    The Recipe wrote: »
    So during this time my favorite artist were Bone and Pac by far boardeline stan status. I ? with Biggie though I use to listen to Ready to Die everyday on my way to school. Damn I grew up in that era lol. But when I heard this ? my mouth dropped. ? talk about em murdering jay on his own ? . Biggie massacred these ? with their style.

One of the greatest verses in Hip Hop history. I might even put it as #1 because of context nobody new biggie could flow like that, ? was left field ? was use to that slow laid back flow. When I read the credits I was like okay he got my ? on here had no idea what he was about to do. Wasnt no leaks, blogs and ? back then. Hearing that song for the first time is a top hip hop moment for me.

What was it like or what was Hip-Hop like when Ready to Die came out?

I don't know about anywhere else, but Brooklyn was on fire. We had the album for leaked before it dropped. Then he went back and put a extra song before he bought it out. Biggie had cars, radios, and walkmans on lock. It was a good time for hiphop period. I think i was a bit upset that illmatic didn't get the same fanfare.

I can tell you what it was like in Boston. Juicy, Big Poppa and One More Chance (remix) were getting played on heavy rotation. There was a big hype about Ready to Die. I didn't understand the hype, I thought Big was a nice MC but I wasn't thinking GOAT status.

Then in the summer of 95 around the time One More Chance (remix) dropped he dropped a mixtape, Mr Cee - The Best of Biggie. It was all remixes, b-sides, posse cuts and songs from Junior Mafia's album. Big was the first rapper ever to have a mixtape that was being sold on the streets (hood clothing stores or certain record stores would have it behind the counter) but it wasn't sold in chain stores like Tower Records or Sam Goody.

Truth be told, I didn't buy the Best of Biggie mixtape but I vividly remember when it was out.

I STILL OWN THAT ORIGINAL BEST OF BIGGIE MR CEE MIXTAPE. HANDS DOWN IN MY TOP 5 FAVORITE MIXTAPES EVER. MR CEE RE RELEASED IT WITH NEW MATERIAL ON IT BUT IT WASN'T THE SAME

You can get the original on 2dopeboyz in digital format...
  • bindayvez79
    bindayvez79 Members Posts: 402 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Bone killed that in one take. Biggie took his ? home, studied and mastered it. He better have the best verse.
  • yahwehprofet
    yahwehprofet Members Posts: 976 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bone killed that in one take. Biggie took his ? home, studied and mastered it. He better have the best verse.

Yeah sounds like it,, that Cleveland bone flow is fast... But biggie held his own....

"Shiit lyrically.,.....