Gambian President Says He Will Slit ? Men's Throats In Public Speech

Options

Comments

• Ubuntu1
    Ubuntu1 Members Posts: 852 ✭✭✭
    Options
    how about you stop trying to force your ways and ideology on African people

What about those African people who are ? ? Jammeh is forcing his way and ideology on them. LGBT rights isn't an inherently Western idea. If homophobia is prevalent in African cultures to an extent that it isn't in Western cultures then that's all the more proof that African culture is flawed (at least from the point of view of any world view that emphasizes compassion and egalitarianism). All cultures are flawed in some ways and all cultures evolve, it's natural and, at least sometimes, good. Homophobia may be a bigger problem in most African cultures than in the West but Jammeh doesn't speak for all of us.

If someone considers themselves to be a pan-Africanist then they have to include ? and transgendered African people in that. If they care about African unity then they have to be bothered by African people victimizing other African people. You're not even in a position to complain about white racism if you see nothing wrong with black people victimizing other black people, neither is any better or worse than the other. He's not 'standing up' to the West by enabling legal systematic oppression of fellow African people. @zombie
    Prior to that being ? was about the last thing a black man wanted to admit being. Even the biggest ? tried to keep that ? on the dl.

If it's so shameful to admit, wouldn't life be even easier for them if they just chose not to be ? to begin with?

-I haven't gone past the first page
  • Rasta.
    Rasta. Members Posts: 9,342 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ubuntu1 wrote: »

What about those African people who are ? ? Jammeh is forcing his way and ideology on them. LGBT rights isn't an inherently Western idea. If homophobia is prevalent in African cultures to an extent that it isn't in Western cultures then that's all the more proof that African culture is flawed (at least from the point of view of any world view that emphasizes compassion and egalitarianism). All cultures are flawed in some ways and all cultures evolve, it's natural and, at least sometimes, good. Homophobia may be a bigger problem in most African cultures than in the West but Jammeh doesn't speak for all of us.

If someone considers themselves to be a pan-Africanist then they have to include ? and transgendered African people in that. If they care about African unity then they have to be bothered by African people victimizing other African people. You're not even in a position to complain about white racism if you see nothing wrong with black people victimizing other black people, neither is any better or worse than the other. He's not 'standing up' to the West by enabling legal systematic oppression of fellow African people. @zombie
    Prior to that being ? was about the last thing a black man wanted to admit being. Even the biggest ? tried to keep that ? on the dl.

If it's so shameful to admit, wouldn't life be even easier for them if they just chose not to be ? to begin with?

As has been said before, @zombie is a hypocrite
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rasta. wrote: »

As has been said before, @zombie is a hypocrite

prove it or shove your accusations up your mothers ass
  • zombie
    Options

look the ? and transgendered people in Africa have to fight their own battles to change their societies perception of them. like I tried to say earlier I don't support killing people who are ? or even oppressing them heavily they should be treated as human beings. but allowing outsiders to push their cultural agenda on you I feel is counterproductive to the empowerment of a people.

the president is a member of his society in fact he is on top of his society he has the right to try and influence his nation.

this president like other African leaders is probably corrupt but I feel that it's for his society to deal with him not outsiders.
  • Rasta.
    Options
  • zombie
    Options
  • cainvelasquez
    cainvelasquez Members Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    Dude gave up 10 million in aid cuz he hate ? that much.

10 million is chump change unless it's invested and grows exponentially. That's like 5 bucks for every person in Gambia. It's hardly make or break.
  • Rasta.
    Options
    @Zombie Because you shift goal posts to support your warped rhetoric
  • LONDON!
    LONDON! Members Posts: 679 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Dude gave up 10 million in aid cuz he hate ? that much.

10 million is chump change unless it's invested and grows exponentially. That's like 5 bucks for every person in Gambia. It's hardly make or break.

exactly, probably how much they steal from the public daily, anyways, ha ha, but on a serious note, ? ? , you've got to have principles, if you don't stand up for sumthin, you will fall for anything, true story
  • Ubuntu1
    Options
    zombie wrote: »

look the ? and transgendered people in Africa have to fight their own battles to change their societies perception of them. like I tried to say earlier I don't support killing people who are ? or even oppressing them heavily they should be treated as human beings. but allowing outsiders to push their cultural agenda on you I feel is counterproductive to the empowerment of a people.

the president is a member of his society in fact he is on top of his society he has the right to try and influence his nation.

this president like other African leaders is probably corrupt but I feel that it's for his society to deal with him not outsiders.

You say that they should be treated as human beings but Jammeh hasn't just said that he 'disagreed' with homosexuality or claimed that it is unAfrican (and unIslamic), he's threatened to ? Gambians who are ? and increased the prison sentence for homosexiality from 14 years to life. He isn't just trying to influence his society, he's behaving in a way that is counterproductive to the empowerment of his people.

The battles of LGBT Africans are pan-Africanist concerns.
  • Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zombie wrote: »

You say that they should be treated as human beings but Jammeh hasn't just said that he 'disagreed' with homosexuality or claimed that it is unAfrican (and unIslamic), he's threatened to ? Gambians who are ? and increased the prison sentence for homosexiality from 14 years to life. He isn't just trying to influence his society, he's behaving in a way that is counterproductive to the empowerment of his people.

The battles of LGBT Africans are pan-Africanist concerns.

How so, when the percentage of his people that are ? is negligible?

• Ubuntu1
    Options
    Kwan Dai wrote: »

How so, when the percentage of his people that are ? is negligible?

A single homosexual Gambian would not be 'negligible'. 'Negligible' is 0. If you are for African unity then you identify and seek solidarity with every single person you consider to be African or of African descent.

This is what I don't understand about some 'collectivist' world views. There is no group beyond the individuals who constitute it. When we talk about men, Christians or black people, we're talking about every single man, Christian or black person unless we specify 'some', 'many' or 'most'. You can't talk all this ? (as people do despite knowing there are countless exceptions) about how you love black people or how you love women or how you love this country or how you feel about that group if you're not including every single black person or every single woman or every single member of whatever group. If you're not including every single one then say 'most'.
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rasta. wrote: »
    @Zombie Because you shift goal posts to support your warped rhetoric

I actually don't do that ( can you give me an example of me doing that??? I honestly don't see why you would say that) but even if I did that wouldn't make me a hypocrite. A hypocrite tells you to do something or condemn you for something that he does himself.

I really think people have mischaracterized me
  • zzombie
    Options
    Zombie does not hate any group of people. Except maybe Muslim radicals

I don't hate ? , whites ,Mexicans Arabs ete etc what I hate is ideologies and behaviors.

I am however concerned with the group I was born into excelling above all the other groups of humans ? created. This I believe we can accomplish without hatred in our hearts.
  • Ubuntu1
    Options
    I will say this, @zzombie , for the time being you are not among my least favorite posters. You should be but you aren't. You are no more hypocritical than everyone else.
    I am however concerned with the group I was born into excelling above all the other groups of humans ? created.

I think this is inconsistent, if not 'hypocritical', with what I understand to be the basic ethos of Christianity.
    This I believe we can accomplish without hatred in our hearts.

I will hate some people with every fiber of my being until the day that I die and there is just not a ? thing that I can do about that.
  • zzombie
    Options
    I will say this, @zzombie , for the time being you are not among my least favorite posters. You should be but you aren't. You are no more hypocritical than everyone else.
    I am however concerned with the group I was born into excelling above all the other groups of humans ? created.

I think this is inconsistent, if not 'hypocritical', with what I understand to be the basic ethos of Christianity.
    This I believe we can accomplish without hatred in our hearts.

I will hate some people with every fiber of my being until the day that I die and there is just not a ? thing that I can do about that.

Then you don't understand Christianity because while in life we are equal before ? we are not equal before man and the bible makes this clear. And actually the bible teaches that in the kingdom of ? some people will be "least"

• Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No sin is greater then another.
  • zzombie
    Options

In the eyes of ? not man
  • Allah_U_Akbar
    Allah_U_Akbar Members Posts: 11,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It never fails!!!!!

Any time there's a ? thread, just like clockwork, guess who shows up.

Homeboy ALWAYS takes the bait....

Then, it inevitably becomes a Christianity thread that goes on for 100 pages!

SMH
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zzombie wrote: »

In the eyes of ? not man

Whats the difference biblicaly speaking between a abomination and a sin?
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1CK1S wrote: »
    Gambia's president warns homosexuals: 'If you do it here I will slit your throat... no-one will ever set eyes on you again

rupaulclap.gif

2hib1wk.jpg

dhMeAzK.gif

giphy.gif

tumblr_m39d6xKWqU1rqfhi2o1_400.gif

Conan-Stand-Up-and-Claps.gif

Do-more-about-climate-change-Another-standing-ovation.gif

giphy.gif

tumblr_inline_mg4j25xqL91qabw0a.gif

prompted-long-powerful-standing-ovation.gif

speakerapplause.gif
  • LONDON!
    LONDON! Members Posts: 679 ✭✭✭
    Options
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    They crazy as hell if Africa...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOvbvZqAbj0

thats my people, we don't play none of that ? ? in the motherland, its an abomination & a sin, its disturbing & disgusting, sick puddycats

• Ip man
    Ip man Members Posts: 995 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stiff wrote: »
    Ip man wrote: »
    Stiff wrote: »
    LONDON! wrote: »
    1CK1S wrote: »
    Gambia's president warns homosexuals: 'If you do it here I will slit your throat... no-one will ever set eyes on you again

- Yahya Jammeh made the threat during speech on safeguarding the young
    - Said 'white people' cannot stop him - likely referring to Europe and the US
    - West cut almost £10million of aid to Gambia last year over anti-? laws
    - Jammeh previously called ? vermin and threatened to behead them

Gambia's president has said he will personally slit the throats of homosexuals in his country before adding that 'no white person can do anything about it' - likely referring to Western leaders.
    President Yahya Jammeh, who has a history of outspoken comments against ? people, made the threats during a public speech during an agricultural tour around his African nation last week.

The 49-year-old, who has ruled the country since a coup in 1994, made the comments in the town of Farafeni while talking about how to create a stable environment for the country's youth.

0BF725D3000005DC-3081640-image-a-71_1431612404902.jpg

According to Vice News, he said: 'If you do it [in the Gambia] I will slit your throat — if you are a man and want to marry another man in this country and we catch you, no one will ever set eyes on you again, and no white person can do anything about it.'

The reference to 'white people' is likely aimed at the European Union and America, who cut almost £10million of aid to the tiny country in December last year due to its poor human rights record.
    However, Gambia's population is 90 per cent Muslim, and the country is still thought to get significant aid from Middle Eastern countries.
    Jammeh, who seized power in Gambia in a 1994 coup, has previously called ? 'vermin' and accused the West of running an evil ? empire
    +2

Jammeh, who seized power in Gambia in a 1994 coup, has previously called ? 'vermin' and accused the West of running an evil ? empire
    Homosexuality has long been punished in Gambia with a 14-year prison sentence, but last November Jammeh signed a new bill into law increasing this to life imprisonment for acts of 'aggravated homosexuality'.

According to Amnesty International, there have since been seven arrests under the new anti-? legislation and reports of police breaking down suspects' door and threatening them with death.
    Jammeh, who took power in Gambia at the age of 29 in a largely bloodless coup, has previously threaten to behead ? people in a speech in 2008.

In 2013 he asked parliament why he had never seen 'a ? chicken or turkey', and in 2014 he compared homosexuals to 'vermin'.

In January this year he accused the U.S. of spearheading an evil homosexual empire, warning that 'this evil empire of homosexuals will also go down the ? drain and garbage of hell'.

Homosexuality is illegal in the majority of African countries, with nations such as Sudan and Mauritania enforcing the death penalty on those caught breaching it.

A few countries, such as Zimbabwe, Swaziland and Namibia permit female homosexuality, but outlaw male relationships, while around 15 nations have no law specifically forbidding it.

In total, only eight African nations have laws which specifically permit, or protect people's right to have a homosexual relationship.

0300228A0000044D-3081640-image-a-73_1431612412185.jpg

hardbody ? , motherland presidents represent when it comes to this issue, i co-sign this to the fullest.

homosexuality is a disease, if everyone was ? , they wouldn't be no people, there sexual organs have come out ? up like any disease, its a sexual deviant disease

i have no problem wit lesbians, i have never heard of a sex offender lesbian, you have too look hard for that ? , ? 's on the other hand, i rest my case, there sexual deviants, there born sex offenders, most of em are ? 's or undercover suspect yoot

i'm trying my best to keep it intellectual, but they need serious medical help, other than that they make my skin crawl,, make me want to throw up, there voices, they way they move, the garms they wear, say no more, let me try keep it classy, say nuttin, i'm cutting out, london, serious, serious, serious, get money mooovement, i'm gone

You can't be hardbody against ? but like ? women.

If homosexuality is bad it's bad on all fronts.

not necessarily…if somebody opposes it on biblical grounds then the bible doesn't say anything about women having sex with women but explicitly denounces men having sex with men

and if somebody opposes it on medical grounds, ? sex is the most unsafe form of sex in regards to sexually transmitted diseases -- it's waaaay easier for STDs to spread through ? sex than through vaginal intercourse.

The bible does mention about womankind laying with womankind and how ? is also against it. Research it.

Specific passage?

Question: "What does the Bible say about being a lesbian? Does the Bible mention lesbianism?"

Answer: Some are under the assumption that, while the Bible condemns ? sex between men, it nowhere condemns being a lesbian/lesbianism. Leviticus 18:22 and 20:13 mention men having sex with other men, but say nothing of women having sex with other women. In the ? and Gomorrah account in Genesis 19, the men of the cities wanted to gang ? other men. First Corinthians 6:9 mentions effeminate men, very likely referring to homosexuals, but does not mention lesbians. So, does the Bible in fact condemn male homosexuality, but not lesbianism?

Romans 1:26-27 puts this invalid assumption to rest: “Because of this, ? gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with ? for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their ? .” Clearly, this passage puts lesbianism on equal ground with male homosexuality. Lesbianism is described as women exchanging natural relations (with men) for unnatural relations (with women). According to the Bible, being a lesbian is just as sinful as being a homosexual male.

There’s an implication in Romans 1:26 that lesbianism is even worse than male homosexuality. Notice the phrase “even their women.” The text seems to suggest that it is more common for men to engage in sexual depravity, and when women begin to do it, that is a sign things are getting really bad. Men usually have much stronger sex drives than women, and so are more prone to sexual deviancy. When women commit unnatural sexual acts, then the degree of immorality has truly become shameful. Lesbianism is evidence of people being given over to “the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another” (Romans 1:24).
  • The_Jackal
    The_Jackal Members Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    zzombie wrote: »

In the eyes of ? not man

Whats the difference biblicaly speaking between a abomination and a sin?

Sin is simply to fall short of ? 's glory. Fall short of the goals and laws he set forcus.

An abomination is seen as something that has always and will always been seen as sick or perverse.