Options

Comments

• Gooner
    Gooner Members Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2015
    Options

Figo wrote: »
    Gooner wrote: »
    see? Hummels will bring the best out of Ozil? lmao pardon me i had to laugh at that...what ? nonsense

you know who would bring the best out of Ozil for real? Reus

ozil have a confidence issue at arsenal. and why can't a defender bring out the best out of his team mates on the field? franco baresi done it at the back for ac milan, john terry done it from the back with chelsea, beckenbaur done it for germany/bayern munich. u will never understand.

yes coz its nonsense...Hummels is not more of a leader and a presence in the locker room than Per...if you want the best of Ozil he needs weapons not ? Giroud...

you know what helped his confidence at Madrid? Pepe or having Ronaldo and Benzema ahead of him?

• Gooner
    Options
    AggyAF wrote: »
    Good defenders are generally overpriced

look at whos paid the money for overpriced CBs? PSG and City...you know teams that can afford to make 40m mistakes

• Gooner
    Options
    ask yourself why united who have more money than us and a bigger need for a CB aren't paying for Hummels
  • Figo
    Figo Members Posts: 8,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

see? Hummels will bring the best out of Ozil? lmao pardon me i had to laugh at that...what ? nonsense

ozil have a confidence issue at arsenal. and why can't a defender bring out the best out of his team mates on the field? franco baresi done it at the back for ac milan, john terry done it from the back with chelsea, beckenbaur done it for germany/bayern munich. u will never understand.

yes coz its nonsense...Hummels is not more of a leader and a presence in the locker room than Per...if you want the best of Ozil he needs weapons not ? Giroud...

you know what helped his confidence at Madrid? Pepe or having Ronaldo and Benzema ahead of him?

real madrid a complete team when pepe is starting. ronaldo will do his thing but that defense have to be intact or else they will only have offense, and not win ? . peep real madrid this season. a solid defense brings better balance to every sporting franchise.
    what have they won this season? greedy ronaldo going for the pichichi award. its a fine line dawg.
  • Gooner
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I'd rather we buy Manolas than Hummels

but we are not buying a CB so this is a pointless discussion
  • Figo
    Options

good choice in manolas. but don't front like hummels isn't quality. duke has a world cup medal. only thing he haven't won is champs league.
  • Gooner
    Options

real madrid a complete team when pepe is starting. ronaldo will do his thing but that defense have to be intact or else they will only have offense, and not win ? . peep real madrid this season. a solid defense brings better balance to every sporting franchise.
    what have they won this season? greedy ronaldo going for the pichichi award. its a fine line dawg.

Modric is the key to Real...Pepe is great (top 3 CB) but they can win without him...can't win without Modric.

• Gooner
    Options

good choice in manolas. but don't front like hummels isn't quality. duke has a world cup medal. only thing he haven't won is champs league.

i said he'd improve us...but he isnt a 40m CB...25m and I would be interested

for a club like Arsenal 40m can only be spent on special talents
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    New rumor of the day. Gundogan passed a new medical exam at the request of Barcelona and looks likely to sign with the club.
  • Figo
    Options

Modric is the key to Real...Pepe is great (top 3 CB) but they can win without him...can't win without Modric.

pepe absents in the back 4 makes there defense vulnerable. word to juventus qualifying to the finals
  • Gooner
    Options

pepe absents in the back 4 makes there defense vulnerable. word to juventus qualifying to the finals

Juve won in midfield...most important part of the pitch...they'll win the midfield against Barca too only difference is Messi makes up for it
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    northside7 wrote: »
    i'm old school. defense got to structured first and foremost. that allows the midfielders to tick with the forward line.
    you arsenal fanbase fixate on offense offense offense, not realizing a mediocre back-line (Over 10 years) will always get expose.

These was some bad ? right here from the old Arsenal squad: Ashley Cole, Martin Keown, Mufukin Lauren, Sol Campbell, Kolo Toure.

No current arsenal defenders can match any of those players. Koscielski slightly to lauren, and lauren was a bad mufuka. Solid enough to make the midfield and forward put in that work.

Arsenal ain't winning ? without a solid defense, ever. Insanity is a hell of an illness.

Always something about Arsenal with you. Arsenal this, Arsenal that, Arsenal, Arsenal, Arsenal, Arsenal, Arsenal.

It's clear as day that we need another CF and we've been saying the defense needs to be upgraded. Signing Paulista was a start, now we need to focus on a DM, which people having been calling for the last few years.

You speak about past Arsenal teams as if they could be easily duplicated.

They won the FA Cup last year and could win it again next weekend. You sure about ever? Lol

Focus your energy on inter Milan, not Arsenal.

This chat is filled with EPL fans so i rock with the majority respectfully. Inter Milan is dumpster juice currently but they will be back.

The 8th richest football club in the only fixate on winning FA cup trophies? damn. i thought yall think bigger. you guys been playing champs league football for like 20 years straight and haven't lift the trophy yet?

all i'm saying is arsenal can replicate that past arsenal team in defense. and why can't it happen? chelsea/city/man u all had great defense, on their to way to lifting the Premiere League, with the exception on chelsea lifting champs league.
    u can't knock me for being passionate about this football thing dawg. all leagues is welcome. i love the sport and the many discussion. i'm not even dissing arsenal fc. great teams are built on top notch defenses.

i use your own arsenal team as an example and you catching feelings?? @northside7
    hummel presence in that locker will also bring the best out of ozil.

You can't say ish like "will never win anything" and then turn around say "that's all you're fixating on?", when an FA Cup win is brought up. Don't engage in goal post moving.

Arsenal and European Cup/Champions League is an odd subject that dates back for decades. A jinx probably. Then again if they won in 06 all of that would be irrelevant. We could win it next year.

Many factors. Scouting, world class players available, wages, the price for a player, all have to be taken into consideration. Can't just throw stupid amounts of money at players like some other clubs do.

• Figo
    edited May 2015
    Options

Juve won in midfield...most important part of the pitch...they'll win the midfield against Barca too only difference is Messi makes up for it

so their(juventus) defense played no part in how that midfield attacked on the pitch? everything starts with defense. they made real madrid offense one dimensional on attack, frustrated. ronaldo being a quintessential ? boy bowed out.
  • Gooner
    Options
    why is no one being linked to Verratti? cheaper and better than Pogba
  • northside7
    Options
    lol at he speaks the truth most of the time

it's the same cliche's and ? ...he refuses to see anything wrong abt arsenal except defense...to him we didn't need to buy Alexis or Ozil and Giroud is enough to win the league

no ? we would like to get a better CB, hell we need a new young LB too, but those are not the issues stopping us from winning...the are different ways to build a squad...we can win with our current defense IF we fix the GK position and control games in midfield (our strength) and put chances away...I would like to replace Per asap but its obvious Chambers is being groomed for that modern CB role in the team...and he's pretty talented just needs experience

There is no need for a team like Arsenal to spend 40m on a CB wtf...especially just so we can build from the back...

Co ? sign that second paragraph.

Signing Cech would be a huge confidence boost and would strength the defense.

The foolishness of spending £40m on a defender and not on a striker when a striker is clearly needed.
  • Gooner
    Options
    we are buying 2 teenage french kids lol Wenger doing it just for Figo
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

my dream is Milan signs him
  • Gooner
    Options

hahahahahahahaha
  • Figo
    Options

ye i agree. inter milan hopefully
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options

ye i agree. inter milan hopefully

Get inter all the way tf out if here

hahahahahahahaha

:(
  • Figo
    Options

smh. wenger will give me a heart attack and i'm not an arsenal fan like yall.
    well atleast he got welback.
    arsenal is stack with players that can start in teams across europe. why don't yall offload some of them and buy better players. there's nuff money in the market for those players.
  • northside7
    Options

smh. wenger will give me a heart attack and i'm not an arsenal fan like yall.
    well atleast he got welback.
    arsenal is stack with players that can start in teams across europe. why don't yall offload some of them and buy better players. there's nuff money in the market for those players.

Offload and buy who?

• Gooner
    Options
    Giroud's explanation for Henry comment: "Maybe he was angry that I needed fewer games than him to score 50 goals for Arsenal." (L'Equipe 21)

hahaha...good for Giroud
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Giroud's explanation for Henry comment: "Maybe he was angry that I needed fewer games than him to score 50 goals for Arsenal." (L'Equipe 21)

hahaha...good for Giroud

Daaaamn!
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options
    So whats next for Charlie Austin