Game of Thrones Season 6 Thread

Options

Comments

• bootsy_jenkins
    bootsy_jenkins Members Posts: 502 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2015
    Options
    So what if he ? her. He also cut off Theon's ? and tortured that ? for months. Now ? got real because Ramsey forcibly put his ? in Sansa!?!

Ol' "clutch the pearls" ass ? .

He is the villain committing villainy and This is ? GOT. Foul ? happens on the regular.

? catching feelings and boo hooing like life is fair. In reality bad people live while good people die....This happens ALL OF THE TIME.

Bad people with power do ? up ? to weaker people. Sansa was a ? idiot and thought that life was all fairy tales and those damned lemon cakes. Well, what happens to people who go through life thinking like that? They get ? up the ass..... just like the former Lady Stark.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I did find the scene uneccesary and ? as I've stated earlier.

But there have been far more egregious acts than ? in the show. Dudes gettin their ? cut off for Christs sake.

Oberyn was trying to ? a horrible, evil, vile human being to avenge a ? and MURDER, and he gets his head popped like sansa cherry and people are just like "oh wow that was graphic can't wait for the finale" Evil triumped in just as a digusting way as sansa's ? , people just can't analyze it critically.

I just thought the ? was lazy writing. I understand ? has to be in some parts of movies, but this ? was void entirely of artistic integrity.
  • Plutarch
    Plutarch Members Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2015
    Options
    AggyAF wrote: »
    i really don't know why me saying its ? and unnecessary upsets you so much.

Um, I'm not sure why you think that I'm upset. People who say that sometimes are the ones upset themselves. I'm not even sure why that would even be relevant. Why not just stick to the issue?

And I don't care whether you call it ? or not. Like I said, it can go either way. I can agree either way. So that point is also irrelevant. Again, you're just avoiding this issue.
    the "art" argument is weak as ? .

Lol, why is that? I disagree.
    Maybe you're biased

Nope. Unlike you, I try not to let my feelings get in the way.
  • Plutarch
    Plutarch Members Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »
    I just thought the ? was lazy writing. I understand ? has to be in some parts of movies, but this ? was void entirely of artistic integrity.

I can see how that might make sense, and I can see how it might not. But I'm not sure that I still understand the beef, here.

So you think that it's lazy writing because it was a (disturbing) ? scene? Is it the ? that you have a problem with? Does "? " = bad writing?

I don't know. I just found it "realistic." We're talking about Ramsey, here. Were you expecting something more elaborate? What would be your version of good writing?
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Plutarch wrote: »
    Will Munny wrote: »

I can see how that might make sense, and I can see how it might not. But I'm not sure that I still understand the beef, here.

So you think that it's lazy writing because it was a (disturbing) ? scene? Is it the ? that you have a problem with? Does "? " = bad writing?

I don't know. I just found it "realistic." We're talking about Ramsey, here. Were you expecting something more elaborate? What would be your version of good writing?

I'm not getting the complaint either. You could clearly see it affecting Theon. That was the point of the scene. Given how totally screwed Theon is psychologically, what short of a ? could have occurred to get that kind of reaction out of him?
  • not_osirus_jenkins
    not_osirus_jenkins Members, Banned Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    But....it's just a show.

Don't let these ? see 'What's love got to do with it' they'd lose their ?
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So what if he ? her. He also cut off Theon's ? and tortured that ? for months. Now ? gotten real because Ramsey forcibly put his ? in Sansa!?!

He is the villain committing villainy. This is ? GOT. ? catching feelings and boo hooing like life is fair in real life. Bad people live while good people die. ALL OF THE TIME.

Bad people run ? and do ? up ? to weaker people. Sansa was a ? idiot and thought that life was all fairy tales lemon cakes. Well what happens to people who go through life like that? They get ? up the ass..... just like the former Lady Stark.

lol geez no one is up in arms about an off screen ? scene. Some thought it a tad disturbin' but that's pretty much it.
  • Smokey Tha Bandit
    Smokey Tha Bandit Members Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2015
    Options
    So what if he ? her. He also cut off Theon's ? and tortured that ? for months. Now ? gotten real because Ramsey forcibly put his ? in Sansa!?!

He is the villain committing villainy. This is ? GOT. ? catching feelings and boo hooing like life is fair in real life. Bad people live while good people die. ALL OF THE TIME.

Bad people run ? and do ? up ? to weaker people. Sansa was a ? idiot and thought that life was all fairy tales lemon cakes. Well what happens to people who go through life like that? They get ? up the ass..... just like the former Lady Stark.

lol word. this guy killed half of the damn stark family, burned them, hung their bodies in the damn square for everyone to see and people are up in arms over a ? ? really? because thats so much more worse than a mass execution at a wedding.
  • Smokey Tha Bandit
    Smokey Tha Bandit Members Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

lol geez no one is up in arms about an off screen ? scene. Some thought it a tad disturbin' but that's pretty much it.

nah bruh, people talkin about boycotting. people are up in arms about this ? . as if all of the other ? was acceptable and just entertainment but no no no let one little ? get violated and this ? is the worst. nevermind all the other brutality... feminist hypocrisy at its finest.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I well was talkin' about ? in the thread but serious? I didn't kno' about the boycott thing. Mad coz HBO has a reputation for not pullin' punches, right? Wasn't Oz a HBO thing?

I don't get these neo-feminists at all. Why would you wait til episode 6 of season 5 to be outraged? And by an off screen, though troublin', marital ? . The same thing happened to Dany in the pilot right? Theon's presence is the only thing that made it different to any other GoT ? .

I cudda done without it though. Unless its the thing that pushes Theon over the edge, it'd be kinda pointless
  • Juttythe3rd
    Juttythe3rd Members Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Still ? talk see...all these new post has a ? feeling like a new episode leaked
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2015
    Options
    cape bape tape grape

Why is that when any other big event happens we talk about it until the next big event,but ? is so vile we should only discuss the biggest scene of the show for one page then stop?Everybody is talking about this ? .

yeah on the rewatch it was ? no doubt.he did threaten her and made her get naked and get ? in front of her adopted brother.

But yeah besides Theon being there if he had just said what he said minus the violent threat it wouldn't have been ? .

• Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nobody said it was the worst thing ever on the show. I'm not even mad at the show for doin it. I'm mad at the act the character did. It makes me hate Ramsay and want to see him dead that much more, which was the whole point of the scene.

My "outrage" if you wanna call it that, is completely within the context of the show. Not a damn thing to do with her being a caucasoid princess (show is like 90% cracka. Who else gettin ? ?)

I just called the act what it was. Yall goin through all this psychological and philosophical discussion, comparing apples to oranges bringing up Oberyn (that ? scarred me more than anything I ever seen on TV) and Theon losing his ? (which was just damn funny, because they showed Ramsay eating sausage right after)

? was disturbing and just added to the list of ? he does (he did some other extra foul ? in the GoT side stories on PS4)that makes me wanna see him fall.

In the end I say this show has brought us 2 of the GOAT TV villains of all time. I gotta give credit for that
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Alkinduz wrote: »
    Lmao...and this is why we consider yall mofos ? af in Holland...sexual/? scenes got Most of yall shook....mofos dying in a shitload of brutal ways and its cool, but when there is some rough sex or a ? gets ? , yall crying wolf out there.

Don't nobody give a ? about Holland lol

• dogfromduckhunt
    dogfromduckhunt Members Posts: 694 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Saw all the internet outrage about the scene before I watched the episode. *shrug* Thought it was gonna be some new kind of filth. Legit came away thinking that was them showing Sansa being strong and coming into her own.
  • Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That settles it, Sansa was down with the ? scene.
    Fixed and cosign.
  • dogfromduckhunt
    dogfromduckhunt Members Posts: 694 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Saw all the internet outrage about the scene before I watched the episode. *shrug* Thought it was gonna be some new kind of filth. Legit came away thinking that was them showing Sansa being strong and coming into her own.

Lol

You watched her get her clothes torn off, get bent over the bed, whimpering and crying burying her face into the sheets bracing herself and The on in the back with a look of horror/disgust/rage on his face and that ominous music in the background while she cried in pain when penetrated...

And your read of that scene is you legit thought she was being strong and coming into her own?

timduncanokthatsenuf.png

Yeah?

Wasn't really looking at the scene like it was some random standalone checkin on what's happening in Winterfell. Was looking at it as more of a part of the whole arc of her agreeing to marry Ramsay and trying to be a player in taking her home back.

Far as the actual sex. She's losing her virginity to a person that had a hand in her family being dead, and it's Ramsay. I just don't think crying out from the physical/mental pain makes her weak in that scenario.

To me, everything she's going through is showing how much she's grown. I mean, since the first season people were wanting her to make decisions for herself and show agency and all that stuff. Before this, I don't think she had the chance. With agreeing to marry Ramsay and be in Winterfell with Stannis marching on it, she's showing that she's ready to make that stand against the Boltons, Freys and Lannisters.

Yeah, it's dark times, it's dangerous and Ramsay's a sick ticket. But I never got the feeling that she was that naive going into it that she needed a flashing sign pointing out exactly how bad things could be. She knew all that and when Littlefinger said she needed to get off the sideline, she checked herself in. She might not be a player in the sense that she's got an army ready or money to hire people, or necessarily be all that good with politics; but she does have the Stark name, and people are already rallying around her (Brienne/Pod and the random "The North Remembers" people), so it wouldn't surprise me if an army did rally around her eventually. As it stands, I think she's a player just from having the Northern people vocalise their support like she's kicking off an insurrection vibe in them.

Seriously. I just can't see her as anything but strong for putting herself in that position with no guarantees that Stannis will actually manage to take the city.
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mastery wrote: »
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3088821/Sophie-Turner-responds-messed-Game-Thrones-? -scene-fans-react-angrily-social-media.html

Sophie Turner (Sansa) said she loved the ? scene when she first read the script. Lmao!

"I love the way Ramsay had Theon watching. It was all so messed up."

Lmao...these hoes man....I love these hoes