Options

Comments

• 9TRAY
    9TRAY Members Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    9TRAY wrote: »
    ? the Indians, Royals, Tigers, & Cubs

You didn't mention the Twins.

Oh, and I guess my Indians were on a "business trip" in Chicago, since we took 3 out of 4 games from you ? ass ? . Just like the Bulls: season over before it started. LMMFAO

The Twinkies ain't really been ? since Kirby Puckett. Oh yeah, ? them too.
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Draft next month and still no clear cut #1 overall pick , I think it's just gonna be flooded with a bunch of solid players but no true #1 guy , that Vandy pitcher throws like a Relief guy I dunno if he is a true starter next level, Texas A&M wasn't swinging at his off-speed and was murdering his flat fastball, I guess the SS for Vandy probably has the best case to go #1 he's about as well rounded as it gets but even still he's not a true #1 pick in any other draft. Not sure how great this draft will be a lot of guys that's projected 1st rounders that I have seen don't look really all that great, like they're good but I don't see many true stars.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Keep On Pushing what you think the cubs should do about baez? I read they're considering moving bryant to lf and either castro or russell to 3rd and baez at 2b which is what I prefer
  • KeepOnPushing
    Options
    Honestly I rate Baez talent level on a scale of 1-10 probably a strong 8 , but his swing is so far behind It may take even a couple of more years to really fix, that's one of the longest swings I've seen in a while , until he fixes that I think he'll be a low .200's hitter at the MLB level with a ton of K's and not as many HR's as folks think because he won't make enough contact, I wouldn't be shy to trade him while he still has plenty of stock....if I could get a great prospect arm for him or a legit young starter for him i'd pull the trigger , I really hate his swing.

I would let Bryant continue to develop at third, it takes time....I wouldn't trade Castro at all offense is harder to find than pitching these days u better keep any decent bat you have, i'd leave those two up the middle for the rest of the season then go over a few things as far as if I wanna flip flop the two..Castro at thirdbase wouldn't hit for enough pop so if I move him i'd want him at 2nd that way he'll at least still be giving SS/2B type numbers , but if he goes to third and only gives u .280 with 12-14 HRs that's not good thirdbase numbers at all, solid for 2nd but not 3B

i really think they'll move Baez, i dunno why the media or a lot of Cubs fans want Castro out..i get it at times i do but still the guy is like what 25 and a 3 time allstar?
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options
    Honestly I rate Baez talent level on a scale of 1-10 probably a strong 8 , but his swing is so far behind It may take even a couple of more years to really fix, that's one of the longest swings I've seen in a while , until he fixes that I think he'll be a low .200's hitter at the MLB level with a ton of K's and not as many HR's as folks think because he won't make enough contact, I wouldn't be shy to trade him while he still has plenty of stock....if I could get a great prospect arm for him or a legit young starter for him i'd pull the trigger , I really hate his swing.

I would let Bryant continue to develop at third, it takes time....I wouldn't trade Castro at all offense is harder to find than pitching these days u better keep any decent bat you have, i'd leave those two up the middle for the rest of the season then go over a few things as far as if I wanna flip flop the two..Castro at thirdbase wouldn't hit for enough pop so if I move him i'd want him at 2nd that way he'll at least still be giving SS/2B type numbers , but if he goes to third and only gives u .280 with 12-14 HRs that's not good thirdbase numbers at all, solid for 2nd but not 3B

i really think they'll move Baez, i dunno why the media or a lot of Cubs fans want Castro out..i get it at times i do but still the guy is like what 25 and a 3 time allstar?

Yea I been saying the bolded for a minute.Baez shortened his swing up and he's hitting .296 at triple a right now manny ramirez been working with him for about a year and a half he's showing more patience and plate discipline this season but that won't matter if it don't translate to the bigs.Cubs basically telling him do it for a sustained period and he'll be called up again,defensively I think he's better than castro and russell from what I've seen.

I don't know I'm 50-50 on it.I want to see how baez looks in another call up he has star potential but If he can potentially be a piece in a trade that can get the cubs a pitcher like syndergard,matz or even de grom It would be hard to turn that down.Theo has a decision to make soon
  • KeepOnPushing
    Options
    i think the Nationals could be a sleeper trade partner, they have 6 legit starters plus Giolito in the minors who's a top 5 overall minor league prospect...Nats don't have a true SS/2B prospect in their system outside of Trea Turner who can't get officially move until after the draft. but if i'm the Cubs i'd rather visit the Nats than the Mets...i think the Nats have way more proven arms.

i think the Mets are in love with all their young arms and rightfully so, i think it's gonna take a lot to get any of them away.
  • Beezus
    Beezus Members Posts: 15,296 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Morales <:-P
    Billy butler who?

Royals \:D/
  • Beezus
    Options
    Another royals win <:-P
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Angels beat Boston.

Gotta keep that up the next two games.

5-3 on this 10-game road trip, 7-3 was my prediction. Need it to go that way.

22-20, get these next two to get to 25

Astros are up ahead by 4.5 games. But I'm glad it isn't Texas or Oakland.
  • Beezus
    Options
    Royals the best team in the MLB <:-P
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beezus wrote: »
    Royals the best team in the MLB <:-P

For now.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options
    Cubs need to do somethin about the bullpen that was a frustrating loss last night closer blew the save and I don't know why maddon chose to pitch to goldshcmitt who hit a 2 run game tying hr with 2 outs and 2 strikes smdh.Ive personally watched the bullpen jag 6-7 games if they didn't cubs would be one of the best teams in baseball.
  • 9TRAY
    9TRAY Members Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Finally got back on the winning side. Went through 35 inning of scoreless baseball. That ? is unacceptable. Would like to see Corey Seager get a call up. It couldn't hurt.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options
    Nl east is the nationals for the taking they should be up 10 games by the all star break.Marlins underachieving I thought they'd be better than they are

Mets had a spark when they started but their offense suspect the rest of the teams suck in that division
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Cubs need to do somethin about the bullpen that was a frustrating loss last night closer blew the save and I don't know why maddon chose to pitch to goldshcmitt who hit a 2 run game tying hr with 2 outs and 2 strikes smdh.Ive personally watched the bullpen jag 6-7 games if they didn't cubs would be one of the best teams in baseball.

? ? me off
  • ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    theyre skipping rodon next start to keep his innings low

it was cool to see him pitch around his 5 walks last time out -- hes gonna be nice when he learns some control and his changeup develops
  • Rubato Garcia
    Rubato Garcia Members Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2015
    Options
    1CK1S wrote: »
    ghxRpXt.jpg

Taxes took 50% off top, crazy that you get taxed by every state that you play in
  • Tommy bilfiger
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Yankees getting mopped they were losing 13-0 now it's 15-2
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options
    Soler wit the game tying 2 run double in the 8th,Rizzo wit the gw 3 run homer in the 9th rizzo wit 6 rbi's on the night and baez continues to rake at triple a

Currently 2.5 behind the cards
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options

Kop posts like once every 6 months so I don't know if he'll even see this post but this is what I was saying
    Javier Baez is on a tremendous roll at the plate. He went 3 for 4, all singles and drove in two. He is now hitting .313/.394/.470 on the year. In the last two weeks (14 games), Baez has hit .365/.459/.519 with an 11.5% walk rate and an acceptable 23% K rate.

He made adjustments in his swing and is showing consistency
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Kop posts like once every 6 months so I don't know if he'll even see this post

He's a good poster too. He should post more.
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    These damn White Sox, i got too excited last week over nothing