The Official Boxing Thread

Options

Comments

• Rum Middleton
    Rum Middleton Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? Guerrero a tough opponent for anybody not named Floyd...
  • PSN-Canibuss
    PSN-Canibuss Members Posts: 2,685 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »
    ? _Caesar wrote: »
    Anybody can link me to the Rigo vs Donaire fight ?

Thurman just keep fighting ?

The Ghost is ? ? ? outta here
    Yes

He's not relevant in title conversations. Thurman needs to step it up

I agree. Willie Monroe Jr is more relevant in title conversations....
  • mdot
    mdot Members Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    2nvgxnl.png

So Edwin Rodriguez is fighting a created fighter cool...
  • Koltrain
    Koltrain Members Posts: 4,286 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Robert Guerrero is a tough fight for anybody.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hey wtf is this shir ?
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mdot wrote: »
    Khan will go to sleep if he fights Thurman.

Inception part 2.

I think I would actually favor Khan in a fight against Thurman.
  • mdot
    mdot Members Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »

Inception part 2.

I just think in the end Thurman can make it a dog fight and that'll turn the fight around. Too big in my opinion.

Khan was at his best at 140. He hasn't been in with a strong welterweight since he moved up and now he's fight Algeiri so I would have to see it to believe it.
  • CallMeWelvin
    CallMeWelvin Members Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thurman out thinks Khan.

I would definitely pick Thurman
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Inception part 2.

I just think in the end Thurman can make it a dog fight and that'll turn the fight around. Too big in my opinion.

Khan was at his best at 140. He hasn't been in with a strong welterweight since he moved up and now he's fight Algeiri so I would have to see it to believe it.

My thing is I don't think Thurman can deal with Khan's speed at all. Khan runs off combos and has a 2in reach advantage and moves well.

I can easily see Khan with his big speed advantage running off combos moving and then tying up Thurman when he gets in close to try and get his power shots off. Thurman is still a raw fighter even though he has come a long way from when I first saw him.

Its a big "if" considering who Khan is but if Khan fights smart Thurman can't do much with him IMO.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lmaooo who has Robert beat to be a tough fight for anybody

He beat Andre Berto. ? call Berto everything but the crust between toes in here but beating him and his terrible impersonation of the shoulder roll makes him tough for anybody ???

Stop it slime
  • PSN-Canibuss
    PSN-Canibuss Members Posts: 2,685 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

He beat Andre Berto. ? call Berto everything but the crust between toes in here but beating him and his terrible impersonation of the shoulder roll makes him tough for anybody ???

Stop it slime

Exactly, stop it you guys. Willie Monroe Jr is much more tougher than Robert Guerrero, even though Guerrero jumped a few weight classes, beat Aydin who was ducked for years. You guys don't know ? about boxing.

Monroe >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> everyone except GGG. GGG the best P4P fighter in the world who is beating nothing but tomato cans...
  • nycest_1
    nycest_1 Members Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    ? _Caesar wrote: »
    Mastery wrote: »
    nycest_1 wrote: »
    Mastery wrote: »
    nycest_1 wrote: »
    Is Porter stronger than Maidana ? Cuz i already know he wild as ? ....cuz if he is unless Broner learned something since he mufht get a thorough whooping

not stronger but he needs to be fighting hard because you know if he beats broner hes a shoe in for a sept mayweather fight
    Nah, Porter's name is no where big enough to secure a Mayweather fight bruh.

after a win against broner he would. its the exact same ? that happened with maidana.
    Still disagree. Before Maidana fought Broner he was waaaaaaaaaay better known than Porter is right now. And Broner's stock has dropped considerably since he lost to Maidana. I don't see it man.

I feel like the ghost got the fight off only beating 1 ? . I think porter beating broner with a tko will put him in the conversation

I don't see how yall are missing the biggest thing Porter doesn't have that Maidana and Guerrero did have.

Maidana and Guerrero both brought a built in latino fan base. Porter doesn't bring jack ? !!!!

Add in both had belts at 147 Making their fights unification. Porter or broner have no belt.

lol its not like the ? needs belts to sell a fight.
    plus its his going away party, why wouldnt he just want someone he can out box ?
  • R.D.
    Options

Stop it slime

Exactly, stop it you guys. Willie Monroe Jr is much more tougher than Robert Guerrero, even though Guerrero jumped a few weight classes, beat Aydin who was ducked for years. You guys don't know ? about boxing.

Monroe >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> everyone except GGG. GGG the best P4P fighter in the world who is beating nothing but tomato cans...

Why are you talking about MW when we discussing WW

I'm trying to work on insulting ? cause we got different opinions but you being a hoe cuh
  • Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Stop it slime
    For me, it's not who he beat but rather his overall skill set, not to mention his toughness, especially after jumping 3 weight classes. Who has he beat?

Joel Casamayor
    Michael Katsidis
    Selcuk Aydin
    Andre Berto

He lost to Salido but Salido tested positive for steroids so that was changed to a NC.

Guerrero is a tough fight for most fighters, imo. Hell, had he started earlier against Thurman he may have touched Thurman more, or got KO'd faster. Lol Either way, he gave Thurman all he could handle. You watched the fight ? , you know this.

• R.D.
    Options
    Lmaoooo I respect your opinion

S/O to his resume...maybe he can get mediocre fighter of the decade
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • BigBallsNoWorries
    BigBallsNoWorries Members Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Guerrero is a solid fighter

A potential hall of famer

Three weight classes hes been champ

• KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Who yall taking in the Broner Vs Porter fight? I like Porter for that one...Broner still got the same exact flaws as he showed in the Miadana fight , he hasn't added anything new to his game.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I dont care the world needs Broner to get back on his ignorant ? ....therefore War Broner
  • Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Idk man. I think Porter vs Broner is a 50/50 fight.
  • KeepOnPushing
    Options
    I'd want Broner to win but with his lack of punches thrown, flat foot style, and highly overrated defense i don't see him beating aggressive fighters or guys who come forward a lot. Outside of him promoting himself as a elite fighter whats really his best win ?? Broner has amazing talent but he just has not improved at all, he doesn't have any win in my opinion that puts a stamp of approval on his young career to where u can say "yea he's elite" , he gets off on B- to C level fighters.

i think the style he fights with is awful, it doesn't showcase his hand speed or talent, he just stands there in front of the guy flat footed with no head movement and he's terrible at the shoulder roll. He needs to can that ? and get something that will take him to another level because i think he's a great talent with just ok fighting skills, he really has the talent level to mop guys but i don't think he'll ever get there because he believes he's already there and his trainers suck.
  • KeepOnPushing
    Options
    PimpMVP wrote: »
    Thurman out thinks Khan.

I would definitely pick Thurman

Thurman hits too hard for Khan's weak ass chin also.
  • Negro_Caesar
    Negro_Caesar Members Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Broner is going to beat a drained porter
  • R.D.
    Options
    Guerrero is a solid fighter

A potential hall of famer

Three weight classes hes been champ

?

Take your right hand straight to your liver, come up with a left uppercutand fall down some steps
  • R.D.
    Options
    And Thurman/Khan is 70/30 in Khan favor

Khan is way too fast for him....Thurman ain't fought anybody on Khan level

Can this ? earn some of this hype...Thurman solid but he basic as ? ...he's not a great boxer..his only chance would be to stop Khan