Rd 3: ? VS Only Built For Cuban Linx (? advances)

Options

Comments

• blatalian
    blatalian Members Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Only Built For Cuban Linx
    ? is a classic. 2nd best west coast classic behind The Chronic but imo OB4CL changed hip-hop and how ? went about making albums, skits, lyrical content and slang and is a top album from a group with at least 3 top 10 albums of all time....Wu-Tang forever!! Peace
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    doggface gonna win noooooooooooo

i love wu tang!

Lol it's tied bruh relax
  • supergangster
    supergangster Members Posts: 8,872 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2015
    Options
    @buttuh_b @rip.dilla @nillerthekid @Built 4 cuban linx @dwade206
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Options
    ?
    blatalian wrote: »
    ? is a classic. 2nd best west coast classic behind The Chronic but imo OB4CL changed hip-hop and how ? went about making albums, skits, lyrical content and slang and is a top album from a group with at least 3 top 10 albums of all time....Wu-Tang forever!! Peace

You do know skits and slang were on ? right? and it came out before OBFCL.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
  • blatalian
    Options
    _Goldie_ wrote: »

I don't disagree wit' that fam...at all. ? even had a NY ? saying Loc for a min lol...BUUUT OB4CL sculpted ? like Nas and damn near every other NY rapper into "mafiaso rappers" when it came out...but tha slang on OB4CL is tha stuff legends are made of lol...and tha skits had ? making every "cult classic movie" into skits...Gin n Juice and What's My Name were actually radio cuts that were made into album cuts but Glaciers of Ice and Ice Cream were gritty album cuts that made it to tha radio...again just MY opinion...Peace
  • Screwtape
    Screwtape Members Posts: 611 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ?
    ? is one of the few albums that would make me vote against CL. CL probably slightly more consistent but the high points of ? are fkin phenomenal. that album just has a groove to it
  • Screwtape
    Screwtape Members Posts: 611 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ?
    5 Grand wrote: »
    and there are parts of OB4CL that aren't mixed properly that pierce my ears (I.e. The end of Rainy Days). .

cs its horrible, even worse through headphones.

• water ur seeds
    water ur seeds Members Posts: 17,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2015
    Options
    ?

I don't disagree wit' that fam...at all. ? even had a NY ? saying Loc for a min lol...BUUUT OB4CL sculpted ? like Nas and damn near every other NY rapper into "mafiaso rappers" when it came out...but tha slang on OB4CL is tha stuff legends are made of lol...and tha skits had ? making every "cult classic movie" into skits...Gin n Juice and What's My Name were actually radio cuts that were made into album cuts but Glaciers of Ice and Ice Cream were gritty album cuts that made it to tha radio...again just MY opinion...Peace

G Rap has something to say about that breda...
  • KneeGro_DuperMan
    KneeGro_DuperMan Members Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is ? impossible.

I'm ? Out

? You @_Goldie_
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Broke the tie.
  • blatalian
    Options

G Rap definitely a GOAT and was very influential...but he was out before Nas, BIG, Mobb Deep amd othera and didn't make them change their styles up like OB4CL did...
  • YamoleySensei
    YamoleySensei Members Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    OB4CL is the greatest hip-hop album ever created! ? ain't even on its radar....
  • bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ?
    thought today was going to be tough
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Options
    ?
    bck145 wrote: »
    thought today was going to be tough

tumblr_mwqahar91q1rh2tw8o1_400.gif?fit=960%2C9999
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2015
    Options

G Rap definitely a GOAT and was very influential...but he was out before Nas, BIG, Mobb Deep amd othera and didn't make them change their styles up like OB4CL did...

Nope

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiUsXm-ElOc
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNqTz2mMwNE
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxysgIzX3Ps
  • Lab Baby
    Lab Baby Members Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Recipe wrote: »
    SNOOP.gif

Let it be known then... we don't give a ? ! We know what time it is, east coast in the ? house!
  • blatalian
    Options
    I wish half you ? would have signed up for tha damn debate thread lol...? could be GOAT
  • supergangster
    Options
    @blatalian you are my ? but Raekwon actually said that Kool G rap is his mentor & sayin he is the one who got him started. Raekwon was very influenced by G Rap and he consider him as the best rapper DOA.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiVL2RJYaUo
  • blatalian
    edited May 2015
    Options
    @blatalian you are my ? but Raekwon actually said that Kool G rap is his mentor & sayin he is the one who got him started. Raekwon was very influenced by G Rap and he consider him as the best rapper DOA.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiVL2RJYaUo

I understand that my dude and I didn't mean to imply that Rae started mafiaso rap...I just made tha point that even after G Rap was doing his thing a lot of rappers still didn't follow his lead like ? did after OB4CL...mad ? started rapping about tha flashy side of "mob rap" after OB4CL to rha point it had ? changing their names on records i.e Frank White, Nas Escobar, Lefty Lucciono etc etc...that's all I'm pointing out fam...Peace

#Igivecreditwherecreditisdo
  • supergangster
    Options
    I see where you coming from respect... Peace

This discussion has been closed.