Can any artist besides 2pac go to jail, come home and still be relevant?

Options
2»

Comments

• L.O.S.T.
    L.O.S.T. Members Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nah Son wrote: »
    Coming out of jail as a big name rapper is automatic buzz

People love hyping up people that get free word to Chris Rock

Its what you make out of that hype, if the first joint is wack you done.

Some of them just never seem to recover. I was expecting remy to come out an do something big
  • 270crownst
    270crownst Members Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Only people I can think of who can go to jail right now and come back out relevant... is jay and em
  • natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    To his advantage pac had one of his best albums keeping him hot n relevant while he was locked up n good singles like "dear mama, so many tears, temptations" he wasnt in any of the videos due to being locked up..that ? helped him tremendously n pac was just that talented. Shout out to chris brown though, ? jail, that ? made it back from beating up on a pop star, with photo evidence n all not no circumstantial ? .. .rihanna ? up her image helped him a bit I think. Wayne kinda musically fell off after jail..he still sold though
  • 9TRAY
    9TRAY Members Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hold up so pac s bail was 1.4 million ...meaning 10% is a 140k....so if my calculations are correct , Pac didnt have 140k.....someone correct me here

2. ? say he was convicted of sexual assault, how do u bail a ? out after a conviction.

im now confused
  • macadonwoo
    macadonwoo Members Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SHYNE should have been but he did his bid got deported and apparently decided to eat marbles and try and rap and sounded terrible
  • KLICHE
    KLICHE Members Posts: 5,061 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Every one always forgets this guy!! He was HUGE before he went in.. and MASSIVE when he came out.. I mean tell me I'm lying!!

ja-rule.jpg
  • ny_1994
    ny_1994 Members Posts: 5
    Options
  • L.O.S.T.
    L.O.S.T. Members Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KLICHE wrote: »
    Every one always forgets this guy!! He was HUGE before he went in.. and MASSIVE when he came out.. I mean tell me I'm lying!!

ja-rule.jpg

You lying
  • killtothis
    killtothis Members Posts: 78 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Nore, didn't he do a bid in a juvenile prison before he hooked up with Capone?
    700 Members Posts: 14,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Boosie

He been doing arena shows since he got out
    700 Members Posts: 14,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KLICHE wrote: »

ja-rule.jpg

He just look like a sucka ass ?
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hold up so pac s bail was 1.4 million ...meaning 10% is a 140k....so if my calculations are correct , Pac didnt have 140k.....someone correct me here

2. ? say he was convicted of sexual assault, how do u bail a ? out after a conviction.

im now confused

I think he won in appeal court. So basically they let him out and they were going to have another trial with new evidence.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    P. Town wrote: »
    I don't get what the LOLs are for with Gucci. When So Icy came out and he was beefin with Jeezy nobody knew the ? . Came out and tore the streets up, went to jail again and was buzzing, came out and this ? was popping up on songs with Mariah Carey and ? .

If i recall, you a south ngga tho right? U might be biased

To the rest of the world, Gucci was EVERYWHEE before he was locked up, the go to artist of the moment, etc

After that, other people filled his role and he was just 1 of many in that lane. Before jail he was the lane. He def wasnt the same.

I.e. pre jail no way Gucci and Waka in the same sentence, that was his lil ngga. Thats like if Pac got gome and Husane Fatal got #1 records lls
  • gemini86
    gemini86 Members Posts: 5,180 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? C came out bigger than when he went in thanks to Bun B & the Free ? C movement
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »
    I remember when Slick Rick got locked up.

For those that don't remember, Slick Rick got arrested on some gun charges and leading the cops on a car chase. Russell Simmons worked out a deal to get him out to record two albums before he did his bid. So Slick Rick recorded two albums in two weeks around 1990/1. The first album came out in 1991 which I bought. It sounded rushed and the only song I really liked was Mistakes of Women in Love With Other Men. The It's A Boy (remix) was dope. It was produced/remixed by Large Professor but it wasn't on the album.

The second album came out in 1994 while he was still locked up. There was a song called Behind Bars that was either produced or remixed by Warren G that was hot. But I never heard the rest of the album.

When Slick Rick finally got out in 1999 his ship had sailed. He had a few features here and there and people gave him props but he never got his mojo back.

The 2 albums were rushed but there was more tracks i enjoyed than the couple you listed.

Slick Rick the GOAT
  • Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Did someone say K.B. Da Kidnappa?
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    _Goldie_ wrote: »
    Wayne got out and sold a million in 1 week.

Hiphop lost