So The MMLP Is Officially 15 Years Old (May 23, 2000) - Classic or Not?

Options

Comments

• YamoleySensei
    YamoleySensei Members Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That ? ain't no classic - it gets no play in my ride
    It's his only good album, but nowhere close to a "classic"....
  • KamPushMe
    KamPushMe Members Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    KamPushMe wrote: »
    3 years old

555322240.gif?1333773919&Expires=1432598581&Signature=DQ01eMnrFum5mDCmRoeR3aYHAzblX6R-nj7yTb6t~QkiFs2N1V0B1TZzYEFFbZMAP06hutD4p0prC2JkxnI098bNaOwhemcR3GCdG2wZUheeVgmzStYZXSJviQBBl5lmxMGOzXQjT6aw4yPGDvkJ8mxVmmGBkGCBuvlnBNX5sZc_&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA

What if I don't busta
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    3 years old

555322240.gif?1333773919&Expires=1432598581&Signature=DQ01eMnrFum5mDCmRoeR3aYHAzblX6R-nj7yTb6t~QkiFs2N1V0B1TZzYEFFbZMAP06hutD4p0prC2JkxnI098bNaOwhemcR3GCdG2wZUheeVgmzStYZXSJviQBBl5lmxMGOzXQjT6aw4yPGDvkJ8mxVmmGBkGCBuvlnBNX5sZc_&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA

What if I don't busta

U aint got no choice, your opinion is irrelevant here. Peace bih!
  • bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hell yeah, I still bump it on the regular - sounds just as good as the day it was released
    Don't understand how it's not a classic
  • macadonwoo
    macadonwoo Members Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hell yeah, I still bump it on the regular - sounds just as good as the day it was released
    Really y'all some hating ass delusional motheafuckas
  • Nah Son
    Nah Son Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Is this the one with the skit where he gets his ? sucked by another male triple quadruple pause I get confused with all the borderline ? ? in his career. but that ? was disgustin and made me hate the whole album when I first heard it

anyway it had some bangers i ? with that ? please II but classic? lol foh
  • sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lmao yall ? lyin. Y'all know damn well y'all bumped ? Please 2 when it dropped
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cracka ? . I remember all the lame ? who wore Anime shirts listened to this ? .

I remember just about every rapper at that time admitting Em was one of the hottest MCs in the game.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Lmao yall ? lyin. Y'all know damn well y'all bumped ? Please 2 when it dropped

One of the few songs on that album that still has any replay value TO ME.
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2015
    Options
    TheGOAT wrote: »

I remember just about every rapper at that time admitting Em was one of the hottest MCs in the game.

He had the lyrics and wordplay but his production was horrible.

Edit.

And his voice got annoying real quick.

Compared to Blueprint and Stillmatic MMLP gets 2.5 mics....and if I'm being generous I'd give it 3 mics.
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »

Aint nobody ever been checking for Ems production... he picks wack production for his newer projects too.

I would like to hear a new Em album over straight hiphop boom bap style beats. I bet he would silence alot of haters with an album like that.
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Aint nobody ever been checking for Ems production... he picks wack production for his newer projects too.

I would like to hear a new Em album over straight hiphop boom bap style beats. I bet he would silence alot of haters with an album like that.

The weird thing is Dr Dre signed Em and he's probably rapped over a dope beat no more than 3 times in his entire career.

I challenge anybody to post 3 songs from MMLP that you would drive around bumping with the top down in front of a nightclub at 2:00am when everybody gets out.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    I voted it as a classic cuz I consider TES one
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    I remember when I used to get the Kam treatment when I was younger lmfao
  • afro thunder
    afro thunder Members Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stan...
  • Lab Baby
    Lab Baby Members Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The weird thing is Dr Dre signed Em and he's probably rapped over a dope beat no more than 3 times in his entire career.

I challenge anybody to post 3 songs from MMLP that you would drive around bumping with the top down in front of a nightclub at 2:00am when everybody gets out.

If someone needs to get shot there, Em's 2nd verse on Amityville is gonna be on 10.
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm Back is my favorite song on that song
  • GunTown
    GunTown Members Posts: 3,489
    Options
    Classic album. Not only a classic album but a masterpiece

10 Million sold in America over 20 million sold worldwide as well as holding the record for highest first week sales ever with 1.7 sold just in one week

The numbers don't lie

Album recieved Grammy awards, MTV awards, BET awards so the album is heavily critically acclaimed

• Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I still play it from time to time @genocidecutter

Smh murder death ? your clowns in a few bars

https://youtu.be/m6wdNIkU1Ks
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That album did not age well at all