• RAPH
    RAPH Members Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "Clutcth city"

*"Clutch"
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Its different in a game. You can practice all day That don't mean ? .

My old coach used to say "boards dont hit back" on some Bruce Lee ? but its true. You have to have the same mentality in practice and on the court.

Its mental
  • Go figure
    Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Houston lives to fight another day. More bball for us. Lets see em pull another win.....
  • southsil4lil
    southsil4lil Members Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We still in here
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Harden with the big fo five
  • (ob)Scene
    (ob)Scene Members Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

My old coach used to say "boards dont hit back" on some Bruce Lee ? but its true. You have to have the same mentality in practice and on the court.

Its mental

Physical too. Practice tired and live game tired are two vastly different things. Hard getting those free throws up w/o momentum when you dead tired.
  • King_MOEbra
    King_MOEbra Members Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Clutch City is back!
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hell of a game by harden.. the media better give him props after bashing him so much after a bad game
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dwight looked disappointed in that intervie. He knows they aint comin back.
  • southsil4lil
    southsil4lil Members Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    Hell of a game by harden.. the media better give him props after bashing him so much after a bad game

The thing is he kind of deserves it after the game 3 performance, he's our best player and when he's the zone arguably a top 5 player in the league......sometimes though he can be way to passive and phase himself out of games if he's not getting calls or is cold early. I honestly wasn't even mad we lost game 2 but for him not to shoot the ball is frustrating, regardless of the outcome you can never be mad with your franchise player taking a go ahead shot on the road.

• aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He deserved the criticism now they better give him the praise. Cuz let curry have 45 and 9....
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    RAPH wrote: »
    Yo you're paid to play ball... Work on your free throws smh
    So much "Hack-a" this year. These players need to work on their free throws. Even crazier when it's a dude that can shoot midrange and threes.

NBA players do work on their free throws... just look at this chart from when Dwight played in LA... the majority of the roster shot damn near 90% during practice...

ReqD2sK.jpg

For some reason a number of players have trouble translating that during games

because its harder when youre tired from running and ?
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    them harden critics quiet again
  • RAPH
    RAPH Members Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    (ob)Scene wrote: »

Its mental

Physical too. Practice tired and live game tired are two vastly different things. Hard getting those free throws up w/o momentum when you dead tired.

Its mental

So Dwight and other bad FT shooters are missing free throws simply because they're tired?

So... Steve Nash, Kobe and other good free throw shooters don't get tired?

Nah, I don't buy it. Dwight be missing free throws fresh in the first quarter as well...

It must be a mental block for some players amongst other things...
  • NoCanadiansEH
    NoCanadiansEH Members Posts: 6,968 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    harden with that

02bf329662733a925416eacfc4f6eb69.gif?1394476289

game
  • (ob)Scene
    Options
    RAPH wrote: »

Its mental

Its mental

So Dwight and other bad FT shooters are missing free throws simply because they're tired?

So... Steve Nash, Kobe and other good free throw shooters don't get tired?

Nah, I don't buy it. Dwight be missing free throws fresh in the first quarter as well...

It must be a mental block for some players amongst other things...

Xp4iFOg.png
  • (ob)Scene
    Options
  • NoCanadiansEH
    NoCanadiansEH Members Posts: 6,968 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    if the NBA upgrades Howards flagrant 1 to a 2 hes ? for game 5 cuz he'll be suspended. Same if they downgrade it to a technical.

(they'll probably be eliminated anyways though)
  • mdot
    mdot Members Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He should've been tossed even though Bogut was playing ? but once you start getting up in the face area you gotta go.
  • blu197
    blu197 Members Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Howard should be gone next game, they suspended JR two games for basically the same ? and JRs elbow didn't look nearly as blatant as Howards...