Game of Thrones Season 6 Thread

Options

Comments

• gem$tone
    gem$tone Members Posts: 468 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And I'd have to disagree about Renly. He was playing at war. He had the numbers. All he had to do was March straight to kings landing and take the ? , then defend against whomever opposed his claim. Which by then would only have been stannis. Everything is connected, so him getting killed in turn made it easier for Rob Stark to get got.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2015
    Options
    gem$tone wrote: »
    And I'd have to disagree about Renly. He was playing at war. He had the numbers. All he had to do was March straight to kings landing and take the ? , then defend against whomever opposed his claim. Which by then would only have been stannis. Everything is connected, so him getting killed in turn made it easier for Rob Stark to get got.

Renly didn't want to fight. He just wanted to live the good life and pack fudge.
  • Rasta.
    Rasta. Members Posts: 9,342 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    EmM HoLLa. wrote: »
    Bro's... Re-watch season 1.. It was an excellent refresher.. Now my anger is directed at the right folks.. Cersai and Sansa ? .. lmao...

Smartest muhfucka in the 7 Kingdons was Robert and Stannis lil Brother.. That ? saw the writing on the wall and got the ? outta dodge!.. lmfaoo..

What Robert?

King Robert Baratheon.. Ned Stark's friend.. I hope I got his name right..

Robert was a military mind, simple and short. He understood the game very well but his love for ? and liquor did him in.
  • jamiefoxxhairline
    jamiefoxxhairline Members Posts: 647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    matt2 wrote: »
    Starks were out of their element, they'd be fine had jon Aryn never died. But honesty what family is really doing it big right now? Tyrelle's. Nope. Lannisters? Nope. Baratheon? Please. Well they do rep #teamLOL but that's about all they have going for them
    Rasta. wrote: »
    jon-snow-house-stark-23273216-1280-720.jpg

? y'all hating ass ? ....We stand with House Stark!!!

rejoice.png
  • sdotcarter111
    sdotcarter111 Members Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well to be fair, it's a lot easier to come up with stuff when you pattern it off of other things. A lot of this story borrows from other literature and the real world. I don't say that to knock Martin because all writers do that. But it puts it in perspective.

A little, but we're talking thousands of pages of material. Even if he took ideas, he didn't take dialogue and execution, all of which have been nearly flawless. I've read a lot of ancient greek/roman literature and even if I had half of GRRM's creativity, I don't have a fraction of the dedication and focus it takes to write these books. Let alone in a way that weaves everything together, from page 2 of book 1 to page 1489422389 of book 5.

Not saying he's doing something other writers don't either. But I don't give a ? about them ? , GoT is life right now.
  • gem$tone
    Options
    Bro's... Re-watch season 1.. It was an excellent refresher.. Now my anger is directed at the right folks.. Cersai and Sansa ? .. lmao...

Smartest muhfucka in the 7 Kingdons was Robert and Stannis lil Brother.. That ? saw the writing on the wall and got the ? outta dodge!.. lmfaoo..

What Robert?

Nah, his ass was stupid too. He was just a good fighter. He let hit right hand man, his day one do or die get stabbed up by his wife's brother. If he was smart, he would have parlayed that insult to the crown, with a clearance of his debt to the lannisters and made them cough up a yearly repentance fee to insure that his coffers never went empty. And if them muhfukaz would've acted froggy, it would have paved the way for war, which he was thirsty for and Renly to introduce Margaery. And ? over his ? wife because she would have had to side with her family which would be treason.

• sdotcarter111
    sdotcarter111 Members Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Anybody else ever stop and think how crazy it is that all this came from GRRM's head? I don't know anyone with 1/100 of his creativity.

Now, I will say the fact he's a fat ugly ? probably helped, cause we know he damn sure wasn't spending his time on ? . He probably spent 90% of his childhood locked in his room with nothing but his imagination. Makes you wonder what everyone would be capable of mentally and creatively without sex as a distraction.

We've got this whole world we're talking about, analyzing and contemplating the politics and history, over generations of people, land, creatures and relationships. And it's all make believe out of some fat dude's head.

Not saying anything negative, more just in awe of what the human mind is capable of.

drugs.....

95% of ? make a cheeto throne on the couch at the first sign of weed smoke. Imma give GRRM some props.
  • jamiefoxxhairline
    jamiefoxxhairline Members Posts: 647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wonder when the mountain comes back
  • Rasta.
    Options

What Robert?

Nah, his ass was stupid too. He was just a good fighter. He let hit right hand man, his day one do or die get stabbed up by his wife's brother. If he was smart, he would have parlayed that insult to the crown, with a clearance of his debt to the lannisters and made them cough up a yearly repentance fee to insure that his coffers never went empty. And if them muhfukaz would've acted froggy, it would have paved the way for war, which he was thirsty for and Renly to introduce Margaery. And ? over his ? wife because she would have had to side with her family which would be treason.

? what is you saying?
  • EmM HoLLa.
    EmM HoLLa. Members Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

What Robert?

? what is you saying?

Bruh.. smh lmaoo
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    artakartel wrote: »
    There's this guy who makes amazing mondo posters for every GOT episode and the one for Hardhome is no less so:

CGwXC_UVAAAaQDa.jpg:large

Adding this to my iPhone wallpapers
  • MrSoutCity
    MrSoutCity Members Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

What Robert?

? what is you saying?

I'm here trying to figure out the same ? .
  • matt2
    matt2 Members Posts: 430 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Renly didn't want to fight. He just wanted to live the good life and pack fudge.

sword-swallowers.gif?w=650
  • gem$tone
    Options

What Robert?

? what is you saying?

What Robert?

? what is you saying?

Bruh.. smh lmaoo
    MrSoutCity wrote: »

What Robert?

? what is you saying?

Lmao

Pardon me, I'm on mobile and was trying to get why I was saying across without titangraphs.

But this is my thoughts on Robert Baratheon.

Ned Stark was his day one homie from his days in the vale under Jon Arryn. He damn near owe his crown to him. Ned was more of a brother to him than his own brothers.

When Jaime stabbed Ned in the leg and killed Ned's house guards, Baratheon ordered Ned to make peace with the Lannisters. All because he didn't want to hear his wife complain and he owed money from borrowing from the Lannisters.

My thing is, that assault was clearly a violation and that's why Jaime fled afterwards. Had Baratheon sent out ravens declaring Jaime a fugitive for treason to the crown, the Lannisters would have had only two ways to respond. Either tuck tail and beg pardons, which may have been unlikely, or call their banners to prepare for war against the crown. Which Baratheon, being a war monger, was thirsty for some action anyway. As shown when he wanted to participate in the tourney of the hand.
    And looking at the bigger picture, even though the Lannisters were very rich and very powerful, I doubt they would risk going against the rest of the six kingdoms. So they would have had to try and resolve things peacefully. That would mean a cleared debt for the crown, in addition to having the Lannisters send them large payments yearly as repentance.

But if the Lannisters chose war, then more than likely Cersei would have sided with her family. He could have claimed treason and nullified his marriage to her.

Side note, during that same time, Renly was trying to gain favor with highgarden and convince his brother and Ned how much Margaery resembled Ned's sister Lyanna. By removing Cersei from her position, Margaret and her powerful and equally rich family would have been a very worthy replacement.

So either way, Baratheon couldn't lose. Yet he let his man suffer instead of acting like a king with the ultimate power to do something.

Now with that, if y'all still don't understand me, then pardon my grammar and inability to adequately formulate my thought in a coherent manner regarding the follies of Robert Baratheon.

Lol
  • THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I Say ? Damn!!!!

White Walkers reckin ? !
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    @gem$tone

Robert wasn't gonna go to war with anyone. His main reason for not giving a ? and just wanting to drink and ? hoes the rest of his life was cuz the rest of the country was too divided to do anything with. I doubt anybody besides ned and the tullys woulda went for it especially after finding out the throne is free game if/when the king dies.
  • desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

What Robert?

? what is you saying?

What Robert?

? what is you saying?

Bruh.. smh lmaoo
    MrSoutCity wrote: »

What Robert?

? what is you saying?

Lmao

Pardon me, I'm on mobile and was trying to get why I was saying across without titangraphs.

But this is my thoughts on Robert Baratheon.

Ned Stark was his day one homie from his days in the vale under Jon Arryn. He damn near owe his crown to him. Ned was more of a brother to him than his own brothers.

When Jaime stabbed Ned in the leg and killed Ned's house guards, Baratheon ordered Ned to make peace with the Lannisters. All because he didn't want to hear his wife complain and he owed money from borrowing from the Lannisters.

My thing is, that assault was clearly a violation and that's why Jaime fled afterwards. Had Baratheon sent out ravens declaring Jaime a fugitive for treason to the crown, the Lannisters would have had only two ways to respond. Either tuck tail and beg pardons, which may have been unlikely, or call their banners to prepare for war against the crown. Which Baratheon, being a war monger, was thirsty for some action anyway. As shown when he wanted to participate in the tourney of the hand.
    And looking at the bigger picture, even though the Lannisters were very rich and very powerful, I doubt they would risk going against the rest of the six kingdoms. So they would have had to try and resolve things peacefully. That would mean a cleared debt for the crown, in addition to having the Lannisters send them large payments yearly as repentance.

But if the Lannisters chose war, then more than likely Cersei would have sided with her family. He could have claimed treason and nullified his marriage to her.

Side note, during that same time, Renly was trying to gain favor with highgarden and convince his brother and Ned how much Margaery resembled Ned's sister Lyanna. By removing Cersei from her position, Margaret and her powerful and equally rich family would have been a very worthy replacement.

So either way, Baratheon couldn't lose. Yet he let his man suffer instead of acting like a king with the ultimate power to do something.

Now with that, if y'all still don't understand me, then pardon my grammar and inability to adequately formulate my thought in a coherent manner regarding the follies of Robert Baratheon.

Lol

Maybe Robert would have taken Jamie's actions as an attack on the crown had Cat had not already falsely imprisoned Tyrion

That's the reason Jamie confronted Ned

You make some good points but at that point in time the only thing Robert wanted to do was eat, drink and ?

• Juttythe3rd
    Juttythe3rd Members Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Looking back. I respect jaimes swag. Brought the fight to the starks for his brother...

? him for pushing bran doe
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Who d win between Khal Drago and the Mountain?
  • MrSoutCity
    MrSoutCity Members Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Who d win between Khal Drago and the Mountain?

Mountain
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'd have to go with Drago.
  • Rasta.
    Options
    I'd go with the mountain..
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Drogo probably more agile. Not as much as the viper, but definitely more ruthless.

Drogo 7 outta 10 times imo
  • gem$tone
    Options
    @gem$tone

Robert wasn't gonna go to war with anyone. His main reason for not giving a ? and just wanting to drink and ? hoes the rest of his life was cuz the rest of the country was too divided to do anything with. I doubt anybody besides ned and the tullys woulda went for it especially after finding out the throne is free game if/when the king dies.

Nah, Baratheon was bored as ? . He wanted war. He told Ned he contemplated leaving to essos to join a free company just so he could fight and ? freely. He wanted to scrap.

And not just the starks and tullys, he would have the stormlands dragonstone and definitely dorne. And as ambitious as the tyrells were for a seat in the high council, highgarden would have come around as well. I doubt many families would have backed the Lannisters against the crown. And if they were not willing to side with the Lannisters, the every lord is obligated to answer when their king calls to arms.